Advice needed: Newborn baby skin peeling

babylance

Dear all, am i suppose to worry that my newborn baby skin is peeling? she is only about a week old. Advice will be much appreciated

It's normal provided there's no redness, weeping etc.
Moisturise regularly and it'll improve. Use a gentle non-fragranced moisturiser like QV.

I use Johnson Baby Milk bath for my baby to shower and it is very gentle on her skin. After that, I will moisturise her.

Hi,

The next thing you will find is skin starts to drop from his scalp.

You will need to get the baby comb and brush to remove it.

no need to use moistruizer - let the skin peel off - it is called vernix i tink - the protective layer that protects bb in the womb so out in our environment - it has to fall off....

Dear mothers or mothers-to-be, if you are looking for an experienced nanny, feel free to contact my mom by sending me a personal message.

My mom has a lot of experience taking care of children as well as newborn. willing to take care for day and night.

When I asked the nurse and PD in regards to the peeling, they advised to just leave the peeling alone.

So I didn't apply anything, not even moisturiser. My baby's skin is better after 2 weeks.

My baby used to have that recently and i found out that it was due to the constant air-con in the room

Thus, i bought one air-purifier that emits water vapour in the form of smoke

It helps after 3 days or so, no more peeling or dryness at least

Yup. its normal. my 1 mth old baby has it initially too.
happy.gif

both my son and my daughter was experiencing skin peeling during the first month. Was advised by PD to apply baby oil (not lotion) and use non-soap type shower gel. It works!

My baby boy's skin is also quite dry, dunno is it because he sleep in air con room. I use J&J moisturiser at first but no use.
Then now i found Buds Baby moisturiser and now his skin is much better! Its organic too so i feel good. can get from www.shinorganic.com

I use their shampoo and body cleanser too as my baby like to splash around in the bath tub during bath time. they don't use SLS so its not drying.

Back