Advice Needed - Illness/Sickness in Childcare

Hi Kash,

Long time no hear from you. Hope everything is fine for you and family
happy.gif

I tried boiling Si Shen soup for my kids before but they din like it. My DD2 even vomitted after drinking a few spoons of the soup, probably due to the powdery taste.

Can the Si Shen Powder be given separately, just mixed with warm water and drink?

Hi Yun Yun,

I let my kids take the flu vaccination last yr before we went to HK for holidays. This yr, I intend to let them take the vaccination. But, they were down with the flu bug b4 I can send them for the jab. They just fully recovered last weekend. I will bring them for the vaccination next week once confirmed they are well.

Fruits - My kids eat fruits everyday. They eat all sorts of fruits - Apples, Bananas, Orange, Kiwi Fruits, Pear, Strawberry, Blueberry, Cherry, Grapes, etc.... They also enjoy eating Durians with us
happy.gif
Now that they have the full set of teeth, I give them fruits with the skin on (as most nutrition is in the skin).

Hi Kash,

I oso even brew si shen soup for my boy. When he still bb, I add si shen powder into his porridge. But lately, was advised by TCM tat he is not suitable to take tat due to his constipation problem so I stopped it for time being. Anyway, my boy oso dun really like the taste,

Hi Snowball,

Ya, my boy just completed his flu / H1N1 vaccine. Heard from my friend tat no gd to go for such vaccine as it will weaken the immunity as they dun produce antibody to fight. Wat u tink?
I oso try to let my boy consume most of the fruits. But so far, nvr try cherries, durian.. his favourite r bananas & strawberries… ; ) I worry got pesticide so I dun really wan to let him consume w/skin. Even grapes, I oso try not… But in cc, the apples is served with skin on it.

hi ladies,

i had a lot of problem posting yesterday... typed long replies all gone
sad.gif

Re : flu jab

both my kids take it on an annual basis. They just had their last in May and June respectively.

Re : the si sen powder

I mixed it with warm water and feed it to my gal. For my boy, we add into his milk.
This si sen has additional ingredients like pao sen and cordyceps and other things ...can't remember what it is liao... my gal doesn't like the soup as well. I hate it too...heehee

hi ladies,

i had a lot of problem posting yesterday... typed long replies all gone
sad.gif

Re : flu jab

both my kids take it on an annual basis. They just had their last in May and June respectively.

Re : the si sen powder

I mixed it with warm water and feed it to my gal. For my boy, we add into his milk.
This si sen has additional ingredients like pao sen and cordyceps and other things ...can't remember what it is liao... my gal doesn't like the soup as well. I hate it too...heehee

Hi Kash,

Ya, i oso encountered same problem as u.. can't posted ydae.

Is the si shen powder w/pao shen and cordyceps expensive? u give everyday? heard quite heaty loh.. btw, how old is your kids?

i hardly give health supplements to my boy except lately, i started to give DHA w/colostrum but not daily. But i add colostrum powder into his milk everyday... so far so gd...

yun yun,

my kids are 3YO and 20 mths respectively. How abt u?

Yes, the powder is expensive...$220 to $250...as I am feeding 2 kids, can last about 3 mths? I am also giving cod liver oil to my gal but not regular. Coz it is pure oil and taste so yucky (Nordic brand), i had to add in her milk. And she can go without milk somedays loh... or she juz drink once in CC that's it...so i dun get the chance to feed her. I also give the childlife colostrum powder on a daily basis for my gal. I am not sure whether my hb is adding that daily my son or not or alternate days.... I also give childlife multivitamins. Used to be daily until I started the si sen powder in Feb....then i changed to abt 2 to 3 times a week only... lots of things hor.... sometimes i feel so bad.

which CC is ur boy in? My gal hor...her CC fully aircon somemore...headache

Hi kash

Suppose your gal is younger.. My boy 32 mths old.

Wah… u give so much health supplements? I feel if the kid is eating well with balanced diet, no need so much health supplements. I only give Green Life DHA w/colostrum occasionally. Seem childlife colostrums v popular amongst mothers… ; ) I was introduced to this by a few mothers thru forum… but only start to purchase & give it to my boy abt 2 wks ago. Now thot of giving Vit C but still considering & dunno which type / brand is gd… any recommendation? My boy’s body is heaty kind so he can’t take multivitamins cos of iron & calcium which might worsen his constipation problem.

My boy’s cc at Westwood Cres (treehouse kinder corner) but lately, was sold off & re-named Little Wonders Montessori. Non-aircon. Ya, aircon is no gd for kids. Y not u source for another cc? Your boy not in cc?

Hi Kash,

Cordyceps is very expensive and price still climbing. That is Y the si sen powder mix is expensive.

For me, I given my kids colostrum powder daily and also DHA w/colostrum (same as the one given by yun yun). The DHA has fruity taste and my kids love it. I tried to give my gals Cod Liver Oil but they were put off by the fishy smell.

Hi Yun Yun,

My hb also not for the idea to give my gals the flu jabs. He only agreed that they shd take when we going overseas for holidays.

My gals' CC now also fully air-con. But, we are quite happy with their progress there. So, got no intention to change CC as yet.

Hi Yun Yun,

no lah, my gal is older...she is already 3YO
happy.gif
she is 37 mths plus liao...heehee..she started CC at 20 or 21 mths... can't really remember...

same as snowball, although aircon... i like the energy of the teachers there... very cheerful and positive...i don't see old aunties types... perhaps coz they wear uniform? so they look very nice and neat. I initially wanted to change to non aircon but visited a few and perhaps due to non aircon, they dun look as new, clean and cozy to me. I guess it is the impression.

No leh...havent send my son to cc yet...planning next year... he still not toilet train leh.... much harder to train than my gal. think girls easier to train perhaps?

erm... why are you guys against flu jabs? it actually boosts "immunity" of your body against the particular strain leh... so if kids are in CC...good to have i feel.

From Wiki: "A vaccine is a biological preparation that improves immunity to a particular disease. A vaccine typically contains an agent that resembles a disease-causing microorganism, and is often made from weakened or killed forms of the microbe or its toxins. The agent stimulates the body's immune system to recognize the agent as foreign, destroy it, and "recognize" it, so that the immune system can more easily recognize and destroy any of these microorganisms that it later encounters."

snowball,

yeah, my gal is also taking pure cordyceps powder once a week too...used to be twice a week but since i started the si sen and it contains cordyceps.... so we cut down to once a week. But when she is on medication, we stop cordyceps (according to my uncle who is a chinese physician).

what is the DHA with colostrum? think i give the childlife shd be enuff. I also worried I am overdosing her with so many stuff.... thats why I cut down on the multivits....

have a good weekend ladies

Hi Snowball & Kash,

How wkends?

I dun really against opt vaccines. Just tat I heard from a friend tat vaccine will weaken the immunity which I oso dunno whether true or not… But I personally will send my boy for vaccine whenever nec. I’m a kaisu mother & always worry my boy will get the virus since he spend most of his time at cc.

Well, I would not choose air-con cc for my boy esp he got nose allergy even thot I do agree tat air-con cc do look clean, tidy & cosy. Currently, my boy’s cc is taken over by a new owner but still non air-con but the fee increased by S$80 which is a lot.. but my boy used 6 mths to adapt to this cc.. I really dun hv the heart to change cc for him.. but I’m v sad to say tat most of the teachers left the cc except 1 or 2 stay behind… luckily, his form teacher is still there. My boy need longer time to adapt to new place.. I dun wan to start the whole process again where he & I will be v stress… Anyway, I will still monitor this new mgmt…

Hi Kash,

DHA w/colostrums can get it at guardian.. the brand is Green Life… got fruity flavour where kids love it. cordyceps powder is v expensive & I even thot of giving to my boy but I got 2 worries… on long term, I worry I can’t afford… secondly, I worry his health dun suit… I myself is someone who dun suit as I will get heaty after taking it… if I would really let my boy take it, tink I will consult TCM 1st… but this herb is a v gd & must get the real stuff as a lot of itimation around…

Hi Kash,

I brought my kids to TCM for child massage. The physician advised that my kids has sufficient nutrients and are growing well. Hence, we can give cordyceps, ginseng, but not too often, say once a mth or once in 6 weeks.

DHA w/ colostrum comes in Buslets form which is fruit-flavoured fishoil fortified with colostrum. My DD1 seldom drinks milk now, so I give her this instead of colostrum powder.

That is about all my kids take. I also do not advocate to much vitamins from them. PD advised that best form of vitamins/ nutrients come from natural food
happy.gif

Hi Yun Yun,

I always buy TCM herbs from trusted source like Eu Yang San or Hock Hua. There are too many smalle medical halls around who are unscrupulous. But, price of cordyceps have been going on the up & up trend. A small box cost almost $300. I usually buy when there is member sale at EYS or Hock Hua...save about 15 - 20%.

Have a good week ahead ladies.

hi snowball,

yeah...thats what my uncle said too. He is a chinese physician. So I asked him what herb is needed and he said si sen is the best as it will help the kids to absorb the natural nutrients from the food they eat
happy.gif
I tried TCM child massage before at the kembangan place.... dun see anything special though...and my uncle said it is not necessary. The cordycep were bought from a medicine hall he brought us to... which is selling authentic stuff loh... I used to feed multi vit daily...once started si sen, cut down to 2 to 3 times a week...some times once a week coz I forget!

hi yun yun,

yeah...if ur son takes a long time to adapt...better dun change unless the CC is very lousy. My gal's cc also increased school fees by $90...now it is $960 monthly...with sub is $660... next year i send both very siong... but no choice coz no point send 2 kids to different schools. so far her CC I have only seen 1 teacher left... i like the teachers there...
happy.gif
but no matter what... CC is nvr a good environment for kids i find... coz not all parents are very diligent. They still send their kids to CC when kids are having cough and running nose. If all parents are diligent and keep their children at home during this period, i guess kids will not fall sick so easily. Our govt really has to do something about working culture here.... hiaz...long way to go...

Hi Ladies,

Yes, I oso bring my boy for tuina twice weekly for his constipation. Went for abt 10 sessions & the TCM started to prescribe Probiotics Powder lately. Can see his condition improving which I’m looking forward since a few mths ago… Now change to once weekly.. of cos, every nite I will massage him a bit.. Maybe, I shall ask the TCM whether my boy can take cordycep / ginseng next round.. I remember the TCM asked me not to give bird nests as might cause allergy.. unless I wan to take the risk to try.. Yes, I was advised by both PD / TCM tat the best nutrients come from natural food.. if the child eat well / sleep well / grow well, not nec to boost up with all vitamins supplements at this moment…

Btw, check with u gals something.. I always heard tat no good to eat fruits after meal which might cause indigestion… if wan, shld wait till 1 – 2 hr after meal.. the best is 1 hr before meal… wat u gals tink? How / when u gals serve fruits to your kids? But major serve fruits after meals, rite? Even in cc, fruits serve after lunch… I reach home to cook dinner & by 7.30pm, we will start to hv dinner… by 8pm, we finish & my boy sleep at 9pm since he wake up v early (can be as early as 5am) so best to let him sleep early… he seem having biological clock where he will auto wake up so early…In fact, I oso wake up early to prepare dinner… sometime, make soup in advance. See… in this way, how can I wait till 1 or 2 hr later then serve him fruits… sigh…

Hi Kash,

Wah.. your gal’s cc so expensive.. nearly hit S$1,000.00.. is this located at private property? Is it Montessori? Lately, my boy’s cc changed to Montessori & charging S$900.00 b4 susidiary. I guess that most parents can’t afford to apply so many leave just to stay at home to take care of their kids.. tat is y just a slight cold / cough, they will still send to cc whereas the cc oso can’t do anything to stop them unless v serious… I myself experienced tat my co dun seem v happy when I applied 3 days urgent leave to take care of my boy when he was sick… I tink tat is most parent facing…. Yes, our govt shld do something abt this especially for us, working mothers.. my friend is so worry tat her job can’t be secured & tat is y she rather send her kid to cc even thot not fully recovered… another problem is no helper at all.. like me, no maid can help out… mil not in gd health so I can’t trouble her much… sigh…

Hi Yun Yun,

err... i also heard that before about serving fruits. But i also no choice lah... normally they take their fruits after dinner also.... at most 5 to 10 mins later they will have their fruits...esp for my gal. Coz she normally reached my mum's place from CC abt 5pm or 5 plus... then my mum will shower her ....after shower...dinner liao... then i am there to bring them home...so not much time for fruits...if yes, will be soon after her dinner
sad.gif
well.... to take better than not to take at all i guess.

I also do not have a maid...that's why everyday i do not have much free time... And I dun cook. It also take me tooooooooo long time to travel from work to my mum's place daily.... even if I leave on the dot at 6pm, i will reach there only at 7pm..... this is paying $3 ERP somemore!!!! Yday i was so unlucky.....took 1 turn coz heard there was an accident along ECP...ended up with $4 ERP while travelling to pick up my kids. In the morning also cannot be avoided....can be as high as $5.50 if i take the shortest route.... I take the medium route...so now pay $2.50 in the morning for ERP. sianz...

That's why i am very upset with the working culture here. I have recently joined a local company....really buay tahan the working culture
sad.gif
they love to have super long meetings and so many meetings! Then as it is a local company, the majority of the employees are in Singapore...so all are face to face meetings. I came from MNC environments where I can work from home like once a week or more if necessary...coz we use conf calls and live meetings.... but if all meetings are face to face...how to work from home? Thats why.... if we work for local company.... hard to adopt a flexi culture. Our govt should do something more to encourage the employers to allow remote working for working mothers. In this way, if our kids are sick....at least don't have to send them to CC. My gal has been away from CC for 2 weeks liao... coz she is coughing.... almost recovered but condition worsen again yday.... think she caught a secondary infection from my hb. Hb is having flu but REFUSED to wear a mask.. luckily my son is so far ok although he is playing with jie jie daily and handled by daddy... juz hope he wont fall sick too....

Hi Kash,

At least, u dun hv to rush home to cook and your kids still able to hv home-cooked food… I leave on dot (5.45pm) from tanjong pagar to pionner station.. long distance loh… I cook v fast & got to bath my boy loh.. sometimes, I v stress but no choice, I wan my boy to hv home-cooked food… oso feel v bad as I dun really spend much x with him when he back from cc.. he spend abt 11 hrs at cc loh… haiz… I dun drive but I take public transport (bus / mrt) & oso v expensive now… sigh… prices keep increasing but not our pay…

Where is your working place? Your mom’s place to your place, long journey too?

I oso working in a local firm… worst part is major r single women & they dun understand how important family / kids to a working mothers… even boss oso dun understand… I hv to come back for meeting on sat!!! v stupid rite? They conduct meeting on sat… moreover, I’m not living nearby & travel all the way back for 2 to 3 hrs meeting… wkends is the time where I can spend more time with my boy… I oso need to do my weekly marketing as well… bring my boy for outing… as usual, I still cook dinner for everybody (me, hb & boy). As for lunch, I will cook porridge & keep in a food container to bring out for my boy… try not to give outside food for my boy.. but I do make exceptation sometimes… I oso give bread, bun, tarts, pies, cakes to him… basically, my boy love eating… well, y your hb refused to put on mask? Virus spread v fast & kids’ immunity v weak…

So if u dun send your kids to cc, your mum will help out? At least, better than nothing…

Hi Yun Yun,

no, my gal is not in Montessori. but her cc is in a bungalow....so perhaps that's why they charge higher. But i prefer that as they have their own private outdoor play area compared to HDB ccs...where I saw the kids go to the common playground for outdoor activities... my thought is that common playground are also used by many other children not from the school and even higher chance of getting some kid of germs there. perhaps i am paranoid but since I saw this cc and like the environment... enrolled her loh...she has been there for over 1 year liao...made many close friends too...

have you considered ordering tingkat meals? At least i think u dun have to cook leh... i can't imagine coz after eating, still have to wash and perhaps mop the kitchen floor etc... the preparation of the meals, washing, marketing.... I used to cook my kids' meals during weekends... then i find that the 1 over hours i spent in the kitchen hor... i perhaps shd use it to play together and spend some quality time together with my children instead.... since I hardly spend time with them during weekdays due to work loh... I heard some tingkat uses healthy oil and NO MSG....

i work in orchard (nightmare!!!) and take me about 1 hour sometimes to drive to my mum's place after work due to the terrible congestion. I can be stuck for 20 mins at juz 1 turn
sad.gif

aiyoh...ur job sounds terrible leh...how come still have to go back on saturdays for meetings??? but at least u can leave on the dot everyday with is good... for me, sometimes have meeting at 6pm!!!!
sad.gif

Hi Kash,

Previously, my boy’s cc oso not Montessori but they charging high cos of landed property. They used to go out to nearby public playground but with new mgmt, they only allow the kids to play in their own private playground. Pros & cons where the space consider quite limited compare to public one. My boy just there for abt 6 mths & tink he got 2 close playmates.

Tingkat oso not within my expectations as they cook dinner around noon time & deliver to my hse as early as 4 plus.. moreover, nobody at home & just leave at doorstep. Some of my friends commented tat the food not fresh (some even overnite) & still v salty / oil even they stated less oil / no msg… tat is y I drop the idea,,, well, not nec to do mopping after meals cos I only make soup, steaming & boiling on wkdays,.. during wkends, I do a bit of stir-fry.. still ok to do mopping once a wk… I do make my boy sleep, play with him… washing / cleaning after dinner tat will done by my hb. ; )

Wah… orchard oso jam after work… yes.. wat to do… can’t excuse myself on sat meeting… somehow, waste time as most of colleagues like to use this meeting to complain tis, complain tat… I dun bother at all.. I will just leave on dot everyday… occasionally, delay abt 5 mins…

wow....steam food and soup! Sounds so healthy!
happy.gif
My hb and myself hvae not eaten home cooked meals for several years!!!! we normally eat out or ta pao.... coz find it faster. envy u that u are very domestic
happy.gif
it is good for your son... but also very good for yourself and hb too
happy.gif
erm..think i read somewhere there is this tingkat many pple praise leh... but damn ex...think $400+++ per month for 2 persons or something....

my kids eat outside food abt 2 to 3 times a week...mainly during the weekends... i think it is ok lah... for the convenience
happy.gif

my gal's class in her CC has a case of HFMD yday
sad.gif
luckily i have not send her to CC for 2 weeks liao due to cough. She went back last Thurs morning for abt 3 hours for photo taking only... i hope no spreading... else even when she recovers, i will keep her at home.

btw, i search on the net and found out that soon HFMD vaccine will be available. It is now on the stage to begin human trials....wah...can't wait
happy.gif

Hi Kash,

My DD1 is a veteran to HFMD now. She got 3 attacks so far. My DD2 also got it 2 mths ago. For HFMD, the virus will mutate and tat is Y 1 can get it over and over again due to new strains. How to make vaccine like tat?

I used to work in the Govt Sector and now working for NMC. I shd say I am very fortunate to have supportive bosses (very pro family) and colleagues that I seldom have problem with working time. Workload is heavy but still manageable for me. I do need to work later due to on-going projects and deadlines to meet. My company also practise flexi working hours. At home, my MIL still help out to bring the kids from the CC, on most days. So, we do not really need to rush to fetch the kids.

For me, weekends are free from work, except for one weekend a mth where we are on off-site duty (on call for emergencies).

Yes, there is some caterers whom provide healthy menu but its not cheap to cater from them. I was scouting ard for tingkat dinner at one time as we were thinking to do away with the maid when both my kids started fullday care - cater tingkat dinner and get part-time help. But, after doing some calculations, it end up costing much more for the latter arrangement. So, we decided to keep our maid for now.

Hi Kash,

Yes, healthy & save time too.. ; ) but I not a good cook lah… eat out??? Thot u go back to your mom’s place to hv dinner? At the beginning stage, I feel v stress & tired as I reach home around 6.45pm & by 7.30pm we hv dinner.. b4 tat, still hv to bath my boy cos he dun wan his dad to help him… he is rather sticky to me… at 1st, he keep ‘sa jiao’ & dun allow me to cook dinner.. he wan me to be with him.. now at least, he understand thot sometime, still throw tantrums but better. I still can’t convince myself to let my boy eat outside food no matter how tired I;m… I nearly give up but now already 6 mths & I oso train myself to cook faster… yes, ‘gd’ tingkat r v expensive & not worth as they r not using gd grade of food & yet charge so high… I;m using olive oil, pan salt, Kikkoman sauce etc & yet my expenses still cheaper… hehee…

I do let my boy eat outside food but only a bit & not as a meal… even we go out, I still bring along his home-cooked porridge… he must finish first b4 I let him try my food.. he love fries, nuggets etc…

Ya, I heard nearly hit 800 cases loh.. I oso v worry & seem not happy with the childcare’ daily health check up routine.. not detailed enough & maybe I wan to hv a tok with the supervisor. She is a new supervisor for this new mgmt… I found the previous one better than her… sigh…. Ever since day 1, I apply essential oil on my boy’s clothes every morning & really hope it can help to strengthen his immunity & safeguard him from virus… Of cos, I dunno whether really effect & work well but I still try. Better than nothing.. but essential oil is v expensive… even expensive than our perfume loh.. hehee… really? If hv, I wan to bring him for the vaccine… I wan to check with my boy’s pd for more infos… ; )

Hi Snowball,

Yes, u r fortunate to hv supportive bosses & oso got helpers at home… really envy of u.. unlike me loh.. I’m still searching for a better job & hopefully, as my boy grow older, I can relax a bit.. hehee… in fact, I tink more problem ahead…

hi all
can i join u all here?

i've a 2.5 yo boy in cc too. #2 just turned 1 yo and will very likely be joining after turning 18mths. cc environment is definitely unavoidable to all the virus. recently my boy caught a cold bug. luckily no fever. spoke to the teachers and learnt that a few of his classmates were sick and absent from school for a few days. And he's considered lucky to be the last few to get it. so probably his immune system is much better. (hmmm... i hope so). n of course, every time he falls sick, my gal will not escape too. although she's at home, it seems like she's also in cc..

anyone here tried those tingkat? any good ones to recommend? i'm tired of rushing home to cook. i resort to cooking soup and freeze it, a few days eating out and a few days of porridge. my boy's a fussy eater.

btw, how old are your children?

Hi,

Sure, welcome u on board… ; )

I nvr try tingkit b4 cos I hv been cooking for my boy ever since he started on solid food..

I will freeze the stock only to cook my boy’s porridge on weekends.. I will bring out his porridge when we go out.. I not v strict on his diet as he still eat some of outside food but limited amount.. my boy is a food lover.. he eat everything.. tat is y I feel so blessing loh… no need to crack my head to cook wat for dinner everyday… u can cook soup using thermal cooker just b4 u leave for work.. by then, soup is ready when u back… no electricity & safe… can put on the stove to make it warm just b4 dinner time… can hv meat, vege, fish or tofu or even fresh mushroom in 1 pot of soup. Occasionally, use steamer to steam dishes… can steam 3 dishes at 1 go… like steamed broccoli, steamed egg or even steamed chicken… oh ya, can use thermal cooker to braise pork or chicken too… same method as the soup…

I got 1 boy only.. 32 mths old… u got 2 boys?

Hi Yun Yun,

I heard that essential not good for kids leh. That is Y I stopped using the Essential Oil burner at home after birth of my DD1.

For HFMD, it is impt to keep the kids clean and also not let the child be too heaty. My kids get heaty very easily and I guess that is Y they kena the recent attack.

The HFMD virus this time round seem quite mild. My kids recover rather quickly.

Hi Kash/ Yun Yun,

U can consider getting a Thermal Cooker if you are cooking everyday. It is safe (no need electricity/ gas) and can cook nice soup. I learnt from other mommies that Thermal Cookers make great stews too.

Yes, in fact, with the maid around to help out, I can spend the previous few hrs in the evening with my kids. I am teaching my DD1 how to read myself every night. Starting to teach my DD2 when she turns 2.5yo end of this year.

Hi Babyethan,

Welcome onboard! I have 2 gals aged 45mths and 27mths. Both gals are now in fullday CC. Having cough and runny nose is very common for them.

I am giving my kids DHA and colostrum powder daily to boost their immunity.

Tingkat catering - I read in some other threads in this forum on good recommendations. You can check out those threads.

I also bring them for TCM child massage every 2 - 3 weeks.

hi yun yun/snowball
my boy is 30mths and my girl just turned 1.
i used to use thermal pot to cook soup but doesnt turn out nice. maybe my skills are not there yet. the problem with my boy is he's very fussy. he got sick of eating porridge for dinner already. he wants rice/noodles but cannot finish the usual bowl. and when he eats these food, he simply just eat the rice/ noodles with just the soup. will pick out the meat/veg
sad.gif
very headache. but he doesnt hv this prob in sch cos got "eyes" looking at him... hehe

yun,
u prepare yr food in morning, keep in fridge and steam when u come home? by the time i fetch my boy n reach home, it'll be 7pm the earliest. think if i follow yr method, he will finish bathing, eating n everything only around 8.30pm. left very little time for some light activities with him n my girl
sad.gif

that's the reason why i'm thinking of tingkat now. trying to avoid taobao cos outside food r really saltish. hv to learn fr u girls how u prepare dinner.

Hi Snowball,

Is it? I was told safe to apply 1 or 2 drop on his uniform loh... yes, i aware must use it wisely.. tink i got to find out more.. anyway, thanks...

Hi Babyathen,

Yes, i do admit that dun really taste nice.. but tink back, it is still consider healthy choice. ; ) can add vege into the soup & the essence all in the soup since he drink it.. i add potatoes / carrot / tomatoes / cerely etc...another choice, cut prepare the ingredients & stir-fry noodles when reach home... one dish meal.. yes, i prepare everything & keep in fridge.. then i steam it while i bath my boy... one thing gd is my hb fetch my boy while i go straight home to cook... i found the quality time tat counts & not quantity... I oso not much time wif my boy but i make him sleep every nite... he seem happy ..

Can consider tingkat if u really can't cook.. better than tao bao loh...

Yes

yun yun
thanks for the advice.
what kind of essential oil do u use. i also heard before that not all oil are suitable for children.

i'm also giving colostrum but not daily. i tend to forget. occasionally giving the cod liver oil too.

hi bbethan,

welcome
happy.gif
dun ask me abt cooking though... i don't enjoy cooking at all... only like to eat
happy.gif

my gal is abt 38 mths and my boy is abt 21 mths. Both i also dun cook. they have most of their weekday meals at my mum's place. But my mum doesn't cook healthy meals too... she only started to boil soup abt 4 mths ago after a constantly nag her. Else, she does rice with 1 meat and 1 veg, rice with egg or 1 veg, rice with beancurd with 1 veg, rice with fish and 1 veg. My kids very cham one..and she stir fry hor... and also...will fried bee hoon, fried rice ...cook fish ball or fish cakes for them at least once or twice a week....even cook hotdog as main dish... hiaz...
weekends... i bring them out or ta pao...

Hi Yun Yun, SNowball,

wow 800 cases? So scary leh... yeah, i think there is a total of 7 strains in HFMD....I am not sure how many strains will the vaccine covers...perhaps all or what....only know they just submitted for approval to proceed with human trial. When I met my fren in HK back in June, she told me a nurse (adult) died of HFMD.... the kid recovered, but the mummy (nurse) died from it
sad.gif

I have nvr worked for govt body but i thought they are the ones advocating flexi hours and supporting family life with more babies?
happy.gif
I have been working for many many years and they have all been US or European MNCs.... can't get used to this local company.... although i am reporting to a european boss now... perhaps he is also "localized" already....

Hi Babyethan

I apply 2 drop on organic eucalyptus on my boy’s uniform every morning. For his allergy nose / safeguard him from getting virus. As preventation as I oso dunno how effective loh…

Yes, I just started to give ChildLife Colostrum to my boy. I got to noe this product thru some mommies (forum).

Oh ya, u mentioned your elder go cc.. wat abt your no. 2? Where is your working place? U knock off on the dot to pick your No. 1? Usually, cc up to 7pm only.. quite rushing loh… some more got penalty if reach after 7pm.. : (

Hi kash,

Yes, I do let my boy eat fishball / cale but occasionally only.. if can skip, then I will skip.. hardly eat hotdog..basically, seldom give my boy commercial processed food…. I will cook simple meal only using fish, meat & vege..

It will be gd if working mothers can work lesser hrs… *fat hope*

Hello Mummies,

Long time din visit this thread. How is everyone doing?

Hi Yun Yun,

Your son's constipation problem resolved already?

Hi snowball,

i almost forgot this thread... yes, improved a lot. but he cough v often cos he got sinusitis & allergic rhinitis. Just b4 CNY, he cough & got fever & starting from ydae, fever again due to throat infection. alway on urgent leave & boss / colleagues r v unhappy. but what can i do... as a mother, i can't just dump him to cc when he sick.. sigh... 2 weeks later, we r goin to HK loh.. i v worry & keep praying hard... oh ya, how r u? how is everything?

Hi Yun Yun,

I am doing fine
happy.gif
This flu bug is very fierce. I was down with flu/ cough for almost 2 weeks and my kids just recovered from a 3-week long attack. I refrained from lotsa CNY goodies and have been taking lotsa liang cha.

Nice weather to visit HK. Going Disneyland? Your DS will like it.

Hi Snowball,

nice to hear from u again.. yes, flu season now. u take care... my boy absent from cc since mon & hv to go back tmr. no fever. my hubby & i can't afford to take so much leave. hope he will be alright. i can't wait him to outgrown & his immuse system getting better. his allergy problem quite bad. even with health supplementary seem dun help much. The worst part is he is put on daily allergy medication which i'm quite worry tt this will affect his development. sigh.

tink so.. anyway, we will be only gg in 2 wk later. hope will be an enjoyable trip..

Hi Yun Yun,

My DDs also taking turns with this flu bug. Think I will send them for flu vaccination once they fully recover. Better playsafe lah.

Anyway, enjoy your coming trip.

Hi snowball,

well, the trip to HK disneyland not really enjoyable... the theme park quite small & nothing much to see... but overall, my boy enjoyed it...

Back