Advice Needed: Creams & Oils to prevent Stretchmarks

Didn't use Clarins as it's rather expensive.

But I have develop lots of stretchmark from the 8th month though I applied oil, cream and lotion religiously 2X a day. Think my BB grows too fast for my tummy to handle.

chloe
yah i was confuse too... anyway what i did was applied then follow by a shower, skip the damp skin that part.

gemb
are you sure ??? as i read the instruction it stated for use during pregnancy too...????

hi chole zazan

the oil is safe for pregancy du worry many ppl is using....

Damp skin means...after yr shower when yr skin is stii wet apply the oil on the area u wan then gently massage then just use water to go over it(Shower)dun use shower cream ok then towel dry...........

zazan,
i noe it says tt the oil is safe 4 use during pregnancy. and many ladies r using it. but juz happened to find out one of the ingredients is not recommended, and coz of the "stimulating" term. i guess its all up to individual.
happy.gif
perhaps best to check wif ur gynae.

sasi,

goodness i was using the wrong method all the while, lucky i ve no stretch mark aft birth... hah i dont like the smell and tummy will be very oily if can't use shower cream aft applying it.

gemb
i didnt noe abt that but ll def check wif my gynae. thanks

You may want to try Eucerin ph5 for sensitive skin, Intensive lotion. It is non greasy and easily absorbed to the body.

As the tummy stretch, it may become dry and we know dry skin always cause itchness. The more we scratch, the skin become more itchy. The lotion is to keep the skin moist.

From what I know, Clarins Treatment Oil has 3 ranges, used during pregnancy (Tonic), post-delivery (Anti-Eau)and another for firming.

"tonic" http://sg.clarins.com/main.cfm?prodID=65

"Anti-Eau" http://sg.clarins.com/main.cfm?prodID=66

Got terrible itch on my tummy and elephant feet during the last few weeks, I applied "tonic" as and when i feel like it. I poured into small little glass roll-on bottle, it's very handy.

I bought from SaSa the cosmetic shop, alternative is ask friend(s) who travel to buy from airport DFS counters.

hi all,

I am currently using an anti-stretch mark cream day and nite from my prenatal massage place at Alush day spa. They are having a promotion on their products presently. If any of you mummies keen, feel free to PM me...

i applied clarins oil at night and galenic elancyl in the morning since 2mths preggie.. now 7mthhs liao no stretchmarks on tummy. but there's a few at the butt even though i apply that area as well
sad.gif

i dun have stretchmarks on tummy too...recently (just a month ago) few marks appeared on my hips and butt..=( how ah...just bought the clarins oil...will it help?

i was told that the stretch marks on yr tummy is inherited.. if yr mum dun hv, chances of u not having is very high..
i used the palmers oil or itchy skin for 2 pregancies alrdy.. works alright..
any tummy sliming pdt to recommend from clarins?

hey all... you can try our aloe propolis creme which is a rich moisturiser and recommended by 1 mummy in previous post. for really dry skin (more likely to hv stretch marks), you can use our aloe serum, the Alpha-E.

Aloe Propolis Creme
- 100% stabilized aloe vera gel & bee propolis
- Added chamomile & comfrey, Vitamins A & E
- Skin Moisturizer & conditioner
- Gentle enough to use on most skin types, especially useful for dry skin
- Propolis is a natural antibiotic, helps speed up healing
- Leaves protective barrier on skin & heals scars, brown spots, stings, bites, acne, eczema

Alpha-E Factor
- rich blend of ingredients to provide optimal skin conditioning and nourishing
- most ideal for preventing stretch marks
- superb combination of powerful anti-oxidants

both are very safe for pregnancies as they are aloe vera based, and contains no alcohol.

pls see http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/cgi-bin/forumboard/show.cgi?tpc=450761&post=2032668#POST2032668

thanx, are.

Hi to all,

actually it doesnt matter which brand of cream we use, as long as we keep the skin mositurized, have enough hydration ( very impt ), we can minimize the ugly marks... its important to start applying n drinking early though.dry skin tend to b itchy.

Hi all,

Can anyone advise me whether i can apply stretchmark cream on my breasts coz i have many lines on both sides of my breasts?
sad.gif

I am using the cream from Thyme but still experiencing stretchmarks on my thigh and hip..

Anyway other creams to help reduce them?

hi fifi...

i can post you the aloe propolis creme and u can tt me the $$. basically, u need to keep the skin moisturised as much as possible, so you can start applying anytime.

pls pm me if you are interested.

thanx, are.

Hi,
I tried Mustella during my 1st pregnancy. I guess it is too oily for me and my skin has breakouts. Now for my 2nd pregnancy, I switched to Palm's Coco Butter. It is non-greasy and my skin around tummy appear to be much fairer as I have rashes previously.

Hope this helps!

am using my 3rd bottle of clarins tonic oil. was ok till the stretch marks started fr wk 31. bb's growing too fast for my poor tummy to handle..
sad.gif
i think i muz use the 2 prong approach liao. oil at nite n cream in the day. keeping my fingers crossed for post delivery results.

I was allergic to Palmers stretchmark cream..little bumps like pimples appear on my tummy after i applied it...so i did not use any stretchmarks cream at all throughout my pregnancy...but on and off when i wasnt too lazy, i applied johnson and johnson lotion...I was lucky that i did not have any stretchmarks at all...and yes, i think its due to genes too...my mum, after having 3 children did not have any stretchmarks on her tummy too

I used the Body Shop's Body Butter range, specifically Cocoa Butter, during pregnancy. Loved it!

Anyone tried using Johnson's Baby oil? I heard from a couple of friends who have delivered and have no stretch marks... They swear by it and introduce me to use it. It's considerably a much cheaper and practical option.
Has anyone used baby oil and has the same effects??

Anyone tried using Johnson's Baby oil? I heard from a couple of friends who have delivered and have no stretch marks... They swear by it and introduce me to use it. It's considerably a much cheaper and practical option.
Has anyone used baby oil and has the same effects??

anyone using the clarins oil? i read the instructions...apply then followed by a cool shower???
any mummies follow that?

Hi sharon,
I had use clarins oil b4.Normally i will apply after shower at nite. As for day i use anti stretchmark cream. No stretch mark on places that i applied =)

I religiously rubbed Palmer's Cocoa Butter every evening after shower throughout my pregnancy and I don't have any stretch marks at all on my tummy. Maybe it helped but maybe it's good genes from my mom who also does not have any stretch marks after giving birth
happy.gif

I religiously rubbed Palmer's Cocoa Butter every evening after shower throughout my pregnancy and I don't have any stretch marks at all on my tummy. Maybe it helped but maybe it's good genes from my mom who also does not have any stretch marks after giving birth
happy.gif

Letting go an Organic Palmer's Cocoa butter massage cream for stretch marks.. used once only.

Bought the wrong one. Retail at $36 at guardian. letting go at $30 only. Free postage or meet up.

Please PM me if interested !
happy.gif
happy.gif

Hi, I have got a tube of Percutalfa stretchmark cream (200ml) to let go at $25. Bought from my gynae and used only once and also too lazy to apply everyday. Pls PM if interested.

Wonder why Clarins tonic oil is recommended to use in the day?? I use on both day and night cos feel weird not to apply anything at night.

actually i realise to put on weight gradually is also important.. my 1st one last trimester put on too fast,, i still thinking wow i wont have stretch mark but haiz still got some...

I'm using the Perfecta Mama intensive preparation for stretch marks.I'm actually very particular about ingredients in creams.This one contains all the vitamins and contains natural extracts.A friend recommended I use it on my breasts and belly during my second trimester and so far, no strech marks at all

If you are interested you can drop me a PM to find out more

Do these creams provides relief for an itching belly as well? I do apply stretch mark cream but it didnt seem to ease the itchiness.

my son uses emu oil as well.. he has eczema.. am also selling emu oil since i saw the effectivity to my son's skin..

can those stretch mark cream be apply on first trimester?
coz i read on some forum that the creams can only apply on 2nd trimester..

Back