Advice Needed: Any Mummy who put baby in infant care centre ?

which blk u stay? I know one auntie not bad... she tat time cook for me during my confinement...u pm me lor... we continue from there... actually @ first i wan look for her one... but cos my tinking is IFC... so i give it a missed... later i like pai sey go ask her..

Hi all

Glad to know most of u stay jurongwest, i just shifted to this area1 yr back but no time to explore this area at all. Wanna exchange msn /contacts so we can meet up when free?

My bb is 1mth plus now, wanting to look for either a nanny or infantcare centre.Hubby keep wanting me to be sahm but im like gog crazy staying home with bb n no one to talk to(n bb cnat talk to me) though so far only for few wks.

to check,
1)infantcare is fr 0 mth to 18mth?
2) how much govt payinh if we r wking mum?
3) so far can i said infanct care suually is 1 teacher to 3bbies or 1 teachers to 4bbs?

A summary: from all ur previous posts, is it that there are
1)My First Skool @ JP - ioroios
2)Little Skool House @ Safra
3)Cherie Hearts @ Blk721 JW
4)Agape @ Jln Bahar-Jaminemin
5)Whispering Heart @ JMC(What is JMC?)-snowyee11

Yehyeh:do include me if arranging gathering, need know more mummies like me at JW, all frds stay super far
sad.gif

Ioroios: so My 1st skool as gd as whispering?MCYS match dollar for dollar like bb acct or?

Pastries/yehyeh:i have the same worries.though nanny 1to1,but some nannies plc has small kids which might hurt bb since adult nt attentive enough.

Hi annette;

1)infantcare is fr 0 mth to 18mth? - from 2mth onwards
2) how much govt payinh if we r wking mum? - MCYS subsidy of $600
3) so far can i said infanct care suually is 1 teacher to 3bbies or 1 teachers to 4bbs? - tink is 1:3 for all..

So far, My First Skool @ JP is good for me n baby... :p cannot comment on Whispering Heart though

happy.gif
thx ioroios n yehyeh.Ask u all hor, my frd ask me to put Matthias(my bb) with her mum since her mum stay near me but hor at her plc currently there r her mum, maid n sis taking care of her cousin(Pri4), her sis's babies whom r 1+yr old n another4mths old wo, its like equivalent to a infant care hor n if so definitiely her mum will attend to her own grandchildren then mine if all need attention together rite?

ioroios: it means since My1st Skool fee is $739+ as what u mentioned, MCYS will pay $600 n we pay $139+?

Yehyeh: thxthx, have added u
happy.gif

hi snowyee11,sure to look ard after CNY.maybe our bb will become playmates.kekeke

hi annette,
welcome welcome..for the sch fee after subsidy is around 500-800+ depending on which IFC u enrol.yes, i place my bb in agape.its so far so good for me.

personally i prefer IFC to nanny as i more westernise type in handling bb lah.the way they look after bb maybe different fm nanny.i feel my bb learnt a lot for the past one month at IFC.

u have to decide nw to place in IFC or nanny, as limited vacany in IFC.have to be kiasu..whahah..
haha, i have to find some wk to do, i cant stay at home to take care of bb.

Hi annette,

Whispering hearts is not at JMC. It's at Blk 688 Jurong West Central (just besides) Jurong Medical Centre(JMC). 5 mins walk to Jurong Point. My boy in IFC, now 14mths alry. I placed him there when he is 2mths plus. So far he is ok there adapting well. No doubt sometimes he fall sick quite often initially but in a way is to help to build up his immunity lor. Although sometimes the teachers also make mistakes like putting the wrong bottle inside my son's bag but still ok, they will take note after I hightlight to them or write in the communication book cos' I understand lah, sometimes we use the same brand of bottles, make mistakes bah, so I labelled my son's bottles so they don't make the same mistakes. I also afraid they don't feed him properly cos' initailly he got diarhoea. Then from then on, I prepare the milk containers myself, so they just have to pour the right amount of water for the milk..so far no problem.

Initially I also against IFC. But I appreciate the teachers there who took good care of him. As I know my boy is not easy, if I go to nanny, maybe after 1 week, the nanny would want a refund liao. Hahaha..sometimes sat I also send him there for half a day so that I can do the housework.

I guess communication with the teachers is very impt. They also had a PTS(Parent teachers session) every few months where the teachers will communicate to the parents how's their child is progressing. I think most impt is the teachers also must be passion and loves kids so they will take good care of them.

Oh talk so much, forgot to tell you the sch fees. It's $1100 after govt subsidy $600 is $500 per mth.

janiemin n snowyee thxthx for ur info.

Bb super cranky today since morning till now
sad.gif

din know IFc so ex, after subsidy still need pay ard 500.If nanny,1to1 is also ard500-600 a mth wo.
Main thing now is tryingt o convince hubby to put bb at either one, so tired looking after bb n sian as well facing 4 walls wonder y those sahm can take it

yes,
the teachers must be passion & loves kids, u will knw when u go take a look at the IFC.

annette, u still have a long way to go..I think i suffered mild depression when I ownself looked after bb after confinement period as bb very hard to handle.. bb always cranky here n there, esp mine. yo loh, either IFC or nanny, its abt the same $$ we give.but ratio is different. IFC will write dwn wat time bb eat, wat time bb sleep etc so that u knw "agar agar" wat to expect when u fetch bb home to feed hi.

As snowyee11 said,bb may get sick easily but it can help to build up their immune.actually the more often they are sick, they are building up their immune which i read fm book.

annette (nlimm):
$739+ is already after the mcys subsidy.. so if u pay cash fully, is $739+... but we can make use of the cda acct to pay mah.. so pay half the amt in cash..

the main reason y i placed boy in IFC is cos i dunno him to stay with nanny all alone.. now still young still okie, but as he grows, if nanny watch tv whole day long, my boy will also be addicted to tv loh.. (perhaps i tink too muuc, but i tot at least in IFC, he can 'interact' with ple n learn 'skills' ... :p

actually, my boy just recovering from diarrhoea, some thought that it might be the teachers 'mishandling' my expressed milk.. but tink its i din chilled my expressed milk properly afterall..
sad.gif

Janiemin, Whispering heart called me to say they got place for my boy in Jan liao,.. i would not be taking it up.. perhaps if u interested, i can ask them if i can give my place to u instead.. but dunno they can allow or not..
happy.gif

I have the same thinking as ioroios about putting at nanny place when bb grows up,he can interact with other bb and ppl at IFC.

Ioroios, haha..dun think they allow lah.Thanks for informing. Anyway, have decided to place bb in AGape until playground as he is adapting well there and teachers are nice. 10 more months to go so its me who is the pitiful one who have to travel loh.

Hiyo im back. damned tired the whole wkend.bb very very cranky ,even afternn also only zz ard30mins each time and woke up thrice at nite, usually only twice aldy made us tired out
sad.gif
HElp help,Any idea how to make bb zz thruout at nite??

janiemin n ioroios thx ye.hubby had finally agree to drop by n take a look at the ifc, wats their operating hr like? what time do we bring down n pick up?

ioroios:eek:h din know ifc so ex haha. did u brought ur boi for rotavirus dosage,was told can cut down chances of bb getting diarrhoea, just brought my bb for his 1st rotavirus dose n 1st 6in1 jab this mroning.Ioroios, since janiemin not taking up ,could u still ask whispering heart for me?jan my bb be 2mth +,i try putting him there for a mth n see how if they allows, at least if bb cnat adapt i still have time to find nanny.

annette,

I think ur bb is still young, so probably will need more feeding at night. That time after my confinement lady left, it was like nightmare as we moved the bb cot to our room, in the end our boy does not want to sleep and wake up every 15mins at nite. That time my boy also sleep very short nap in the afternoon We tried all sorts of methods to make him sleep in fact. Then in the end, we shift him back to his room, swaddle him and let him cry out, but maximum only 10mins each time. After few times he cry and cry, no use liao then he fall asleep on his own. 1 important rule is we will close the lights and let him know that it's sleeping time, that's what the confinement lady did and also when she feed my boy also with the lights off. I actually swaddle my boy until he is around 9mths. This really helps him to sleep better.

But I put him to sleep quite early around 8pm or 8plus till now. He sleep early, I can do my household chores mah, then at night around 11plus to 12am I will wake him up for 1 more feed cos’ too early, he don’t drink a lot and we scared he wake up also middle in the night as his dinner was around 7pm. Actually now also trying to take out his nite feed or let him sleep later.

If you want to try out the trial days what juju78 mentioned, I can help you check as my boy in whispering hearts. No sure they still have anot also?

juju78: thx for ur info

snowyee: thx in advance, do help me checkout with whispering heart when u drop ur boi ye
happy.gif
Today i tried let him zz on mattress n he keep crying as usual,pat him but no use.so tired tt i left him to cry,heartpain,he cried for abt 15mins this afternn then doze off then at 7+pm the same thing happen, but this time he cried like no tomm for an hr,pat him carry him all no use so left him to cry for abt 15mins n he zz,would this have side-effect on his upbringing?

annette,

Will help you to check later at my ifc.

After you let him cry out, rememeber to check if he is ok, usually my max is around 10mins to 15mins only. I will give some water after that cos' scared later dehydration cry too much mah. If he fell asleep then I don't give. Ya I know heartpain but sometimes really no choice, I don't want to let my boi has a habit that everytime he cry then I carry him.

Think should not have any effects bah. But don't let him cry for too long, an hr too long lah if it is continuously.

But now the cry out method does not work for my boi anymore, he need me or my hubby to be around when he sleeps. So now I put him in the yaolan, wait until he fall asleep then transfer him to the cot.

hihi,
bb having fever after taking pnuemococcal jab.

Annette,
IFC operates fm 7am -7pm.u can drop and pick up ur bb anytime fm 7-7pm.sat is 7am-2pm.
my bb oso the cranky type, will cry and cry.I still remb the very nite which my confinement lady left, my bb cried for almost 2 hrs..i swaddled, pat oso no use cos my bb used to the lady's voice.so i also cried together with my bb.whahaha.cos ur bb still small, they can oni sleep 2-3 hrs,then will need milk.so at nite,u still have to feed him plus he still duno wat is day n nite.so u have to train him.my bb slowly cut off his nite feed when i realised tat each time he cried at nite n i gave him milk he drank little, so i knw he cried for comfort n not for hungry. aiyo, for bb to fall asleep is another problem.some bb really sleep watever they go, no ned to pat can fall asleep, very envy.mine is very difficult, have to pat and rock to sleep.

snowyee11,
so at nite u still use yaolan to sleep then tsf to cot.then at IFC how?no yaolan leh..my bb last time oso on yaolan, nw ifc no yaolan so he has to master hw to sleep without yaolan.but very tired for me, cos he cried at nite, have to pick him up fm cot n rock him to sleep.
i read fm book tat u can oni try the cry out method which bb doesn't require feed at nite which is around 4-6 mths..

not sure if coz of the 6in1 jab n rotovirus dose he took yest, this morning dun zz till now130pm my god.somemore having diarrhoea since this morning must be the economic rice my hubby tabao for both of us coz he also diarrhoea
sad.gif

snowyee: thank thank.yest i tried twice n aftre cried he zz. this morning i tried but he just dun zz.then i carried after he cried for a while n he stop then zz,once i put him down he cried again,keep repeating till130pm.usually morning he dun behave this way.take his temp but he dun have fever,also dun know y. but he din shit for 1 whle day yest till now, is tt ok?coz suually he shit at least twice daily.

janiemin:guess mine same as urs.then when cl left he also like tt.now is evening 6-10like tt but yest ok after feeding him with 'ridwind' tt pd prescribe,hope fr now the evening prob solved n this mornign prob dun continue

Hi annette,

IFC definitely has its good point. When I am exploring the option of IFC, nanny or maid, IFC was my 1st choice because of all the reasons stated here.

However, it depends on individual situation. I don't know abt other bbs, but my boy fall sick often when at IFC, so much so that we are seeing PD monthly and it is v xiong on us, not of the $, but of the leave we have to take to take care of him. Everytime he has minor running nose, we are not allow to place him at the IFC. Other IFC doesn't seem so strict. I am wondering, if the IFC is so strict, then why he still fall sick often?

Almost every month, me & husband had to take leave to look after him, and it is one week thingy, not 1 or 2 days. It is really very disruptive to our work and the worries accompanied with the sickness is so stressful too.

Now my opinion changed little bit, I do not mind trying out nanny. When my boy reaches 2 yrs old, I will place him in childcare. Provided I am able to find a good nanny. The heartache and worries seeing yr child sick is so hard to bear.

I envy those parents who is so smooth sailing when their bb is in IFC, so I would said it depends on individual. You can try out IFC 1st. ^^

Hi annette,

I heard rotavirus will cause loose stool in bb. My boy don't have loose stool when he had rotavirus but I did heard about it.

Pastries: thx ye.but after the rotavirus does yest,end up he din poo at all till now wo but keep farting coz pd prescribe Ridwind for his colic

janiemin,

Mine also had the 2nd pneumoccal jab last week, was told by doc to give panadol after that to prevent fever. So far, touch wood no fever yet. But the 1st jab got high fever 2wks later, (not sure is it becos' of the jab?) then aft that got fake measles. Aiyo so scary, cos' never see before then c doc then doc said it's normal after high fever.

Ya, my boy still needs the yaolan, true enough, his nap time in ifc quite short cos' no yaolan. Good and bad lor, if sleep too much in ifc, scared slp to much there,come back don't sleep also jiat lat. At nite I ask him where he wans to slp, he point the yaolan to me. C, so small know how to choose liao.

Yah, have to differentiate whether bb is reali hungry. Tat time, I made sure my boi alry had the feed then I try the cry out method. Now no use liao.

Annette, I think probably aft the jab, sometimes bb maybe be cranky cos' pain or wat, that time my boi also cranky a few days after jab. I did not take the rotavirus cos' tat time also dun know got this jab, no wonder he got diarhoea that time which is quite bad. I switched to a lactose free formula then the diarhoea stopped.

Annette,
maybe ur bb has colic,cos u said cry 6-10pm.give ridwater and plenty of hugs.

Pastries,
ur IFC so strict.runny nose oso cant go IFC.mine is oni when got high fever.

snowyeeqq,
mine is the first jab..nothing happened until 2 days later, IFC called to say bb got fever n had to bring home.now still having fever wor..fever reduced after having panadol but near to the next dose,fever up again..so its like come and go..sigh..the "mee si"(nurse) said 2 days of 38degree have to bring see dr.so i guess i have to prepare to take leave n bring him see pd.ha!!ur 1st jab's fever is 2 weeks later..alamak,i think this pneumoccal jab is strong maybe.i stil plan to jab him near CNY..i think i better change my mind n jab after CNY..whahah.

i totally cut off yaolan.his nap at IFC oso short short.ya,so clever n cute.can point to his yaolan.

annette,
Juz check wif IFC, tey dun have the trial days leh. Maybe can ask if ioroios can check 4 u whether u can take her place. Teacher said hv to check with the principal also wor.

Pastries,
Ya, ur ifc really quite strict hor, maybe becos now got H1N1 also. No wonder u take leave until u wan to try out nanny instead. Reali hor, when bb fall sick, tey take longer time to recover so reali quite discruptive to our work..Heng govt give 6days cc leave, but seems like not enough oso hor..hahaha

Janiemin
Oh I think near to the next dose like 5hrs hv to give liao, if nt fever goes up very fast, esp at nite, every hr hv to check. Tat time mine had to take ibufen and the suppository as his fever was more then 39degree plus cough and flu came together. But doc said he's still active, so no need to go hospital.

Heard the MMR also quite strong, my boi taking end this mth aft x'mas.Let's keep my fingers cross this time.

snowyee11/janiemin: pneumoccal is the not compulsory jab n 1st jab when bb ard 4 mths rite?coz so far my pd nvr mentioned abt it, i only read it form a brochure

snowyee11: thx ye guess will drop by on fri evening if hubby available to take a look at whispering hearts.He still hoping tt i quit my job n take care of bb
sad.gif

Re:Nanny with 2 babies n 1 kid
I ahve a frd's mom available to look after my bb but hor the mum is looking after a pri4 kid which is not much of a prob to me but her sis will be there with her maid n a 1yr n 4mth old bb wo.If u r me, would u let her mom take care of ur bb?

Yes, the jab not compulsory initially but now it is compulsory liao. I only jab my boi when he turns 1 year old cos' oni 2 jabs required aft 1 year. Juz heard that the H1N1 vaccine for babies is available liao. Not sure wan to let my boi jab anot. scared got side effects leh.

So u need to be ready to be FTHM if u quit ur job to take care..

I guess it will depends how comfortable to let ur friend's mum to take care. U mean ur friend sis not working? I think for me I'm quite particular, I oni comfortable if I know the nanny well and if the nanny taking care of a baby at the same time, then I don't think I will let her take care bah cos' definetly will be more biased and more attention towards on grandchild bah.

janiemin & snowyee11,
Yes, do u think it is too strict liao!!?? We really cannot tahan it. It is not due to H1N1, it is always being like this. The principal is super strict! When I was visiting this IFC when preggy, I still thot this is a very good point because then bb chances of getting sick is v slim. But who knows it is not true... The caregiver got to sneakily give me her hp no, cos the principal won't allow it.

I used up all 6 days cc leave liao, lucky i still got 25 days of ML but then i am in accounting, and if during closing period, i really v stress if i need to take leave, so much so that i end up bringing work back home.

Snowyee11, how old was yr bb? My bb oso took ibufen cos his fever hit over 39!! My PD said he still v active, so dunit to worry, same thing as what yr PD mentioned. When bb has fever, parents spent sleepless night monitoring the temp every hr. Cannot eat or sleep peacefully oso.

Annette,
if u planning to put yr bb at IFC, i would suggest take pneumoccal jab. Total of 4 jabs needed if 1st jab was taken before bb is 6 mths old. Last booster jab is after 1 yr old. i kiasu, so i let my bb took the jab together with his 6-in-1.

As for placing yr bb with your friend's mum, it depends whether r u very close with yr friend and know her mum well? but still, i would try out other method because am not comfortable when there is a 1 yr kid + 4 mth old bb around.

Pastries, yes my bb is 14mths now. These few days my boi keep suddenly wake up and cry abd it's almost the same time everynite a few hrs after his bedtime. Saw from another thread that this is call nite terror. A few mths back he also like that, urs got like that anot?

Tat time when ur boi took the pneumoccal jab, how many days later the fever came? Mine was 2 weeks later, not sure it's becos of the jab anot leh cos' that time ifc also got bb fall sick.

When he had diarrhoea that time 1st day when still not too bad, I told teacher to monitor as could not take leave. But I took leave the next day. They still can allow bah, not so strict cos' maybe that time 1st day his diarrhoea not so bad.

Snowyee11,
my boy is 7 month now. Maybe you can try give 'jing feng san' or Yu Ren Seng's 'pa bao san' for your boy? Lately my boy woke up middle of nite more cranky then other days because he is sick..

My boy's fever after pneumoccal jab is immediate wan, on the same day.. I feel that your boy's fever is not so much due to the jab leh..

snowyee n pastries thx ye. i have the same thought too tt her mom be biased if really all babies have prob together lor

shall check with my pd regardingt he pneumoccal jab then.

haiz bb been super cranky since mon jab,no fever but dun know y.

Pastries, I did let him try the jing feng san be4 but stopped awhile, I oso got thought of letting him try if still like that continuously. The yurenseng 1 quite ex hor, esp the hou ning but gd for clearing phlegm. But you know, tat time when his cough and phlegm quite bad, i brought him to c a TCM at bukit batok(Fu nan), cos my colleague recommend. Then his phlegm cleared and cough stopped after a few doses. Somemore consultation with medi oni $14 I remember. But 1 think initially still hv to see PD or GP 1st if they fall sick cos' chinese medi takes longer to take effect.

Ya, I also think not becos of the jab causing his fever tat time.

Annette, so have u decided IFC or nanny?

Snowyee11, why u stopped the Jing feng san? It can be taken daily mah. 'Hou Ning', I didn't know about this, will enquire at YRS, my 'Bao Ying Dang' running out liao.

Actually, for general cough or flu, or general well being, TCM works better then western medicine, is just that we are worried about the quality and any harmful ingredients.. TCM is tiao your body but western medicine just cures the symptoms.

Abit out of topic here. Hee

May I check are most bb here attending air-con IFC? I am considering of switching to another IFC, but it is fully air-con de.

Pastries, I did not give daily cos' heard from one of medical provision shop that take too much not good for the boy's private part. So oni give sometimes. Ya, Hou Ning is good for phlegm, think quite ex ar $60plus per bottle.

Yes, are the IFC are air-con so fast as I know.

Snowyee11, really? Like how will it affect? Is it only Jing Feng San or TCM in general.

Most IFC are air-con de right.. So how is your personal experience of playing yr boy in IFC? Does he fall sick often?

Pastries, oh it's jing feng shan, not TCM in general. But don;t know true a not lah. Last time my hubby also take alot during his childhood days. Shld be ok bah.

Yap, he fall sick quite often initially cos' 1st 2mths I take care ok, when I placed him in IFC he fall sick quite often, esp. flu. Like he always got running & blocked nose, then worse still fever. But I read from some articles that it is normal for young kids to have flu often.

I now give him vitamins C syrup everyday to build up him immunity and let him drink more water cos' don't know IFC got let him drink water anot although I alwsys write on the book to give more water..Also of thinking to give him cod liver oil(yu gan you) since he turn 1 year liso).

You are changing IFC?

hello, back to work.took 2.5 days leave to attend to bb.the thread is running fast.hehe.

i duno if the pneumococcal jab is compulsory. I did ask the PD before if bb not in IFC ned to jab or not, cos they said its better to jab ur bb if place in IFC. so the PD said its better to jab even thou not in IFC.so i go jab loh,moreover nw bb in IFC.u can use medisave to pay instead of baby bonus..i wana save my baby bonus for the sch fees mah.cos 1 jab is 160 bucks.but not all clinics can use medisave, i went polyclinic to jab.

yes, when bb is sick, mummy suffers.mine is super cranky, dun wan to drink milk and fuss at nite every 1-2 hrs.i carried n hug him until i muscle pain.
Oh can take the panadol at 5th hr liao ah, i scare overdose mah.anyway,i buah tahan tat bb still high fever.i went to see DR instead of PD.the dr said the fever will develop anytime within a week, be it asap or 2-3 days after..

yes, most of IFC are aircon.mine is aircon one but in the morn, they din on yet.they clean the floor and open the windows.

ya, for the nanny. I also think i will be only comfortable if i know her well enuf.

pastries: yet to decide wo Hubby is putting IFC at last option.preferablely my hubby want nanny lor but im open to both.today if hubby back in time ,will like to drop by whispering heart to take a look.

janiemin: waaaa 160 bucks fro 1 pneumococcal jab tts ex.My bb also very cranky dun know y but put with my mummy yest,he super guai lor,out to bully mummy only

RE: Falling sick in IFC
wa bb like really easily falling sick at IFC wo but again ya lar can build up his immune system

Re:Nanny issue-4th aunt Maid
1st option,my mum,she initially considering end up get pissed off by my mil n dun wan take care ,wan continue working.

2nd option :godma, end up knees giving way no strength cnat

3rd option:godma's sis, too old

4th option:frd's mom.too many babies ta her plc

5th option:4th aunt maid: she moving in with mil,maid dun like her mil wan return to her country.so she ok with taking care of my bb, but wan stay at my grandma plc n i bring bb over. dun really makesense rite since im paying,n yet i need bring bb over to her but again she gd n with my aunt fro 10yr takign care of her5children,know chinese n eng n cook well, shd i give in? but hor at my grandma plc, my grandma wont be home most of the time only one of my cousin who dun work staying there with wife,end up im like payign maid to do housechord for a lazy bum rite

Janiemin,

Welcome back to the thread. Hope ur bb is better now. Ur bb refuse milk, can he take solid now?
If not ccok some light porridge (cook more watery). At least drink the porridge water.

I also see private GP now after my boy turns 1 year old cos' PD reali more expensive also.

Ya, the pneumoccal jab quite ex. Now can pay by medisave not so bad. Ya true, not all GP can pay by medisave.

Annette, ur case reali complicated hor. Ur grandma place far for you if you need to bring bb there everyday? At least u can be more rest assured that ur aunt's maid has experience in taking care babies and u know her. Also true lah, it's like paying to do household chores for another person who suppose to help. But at least option 5 better then option 4.

annette (nlimm)
sorry for teh late reply cos up till now, i could not get thr to Whispering's line. First time i call, its too noisy, so they ask me call again. then subsequently, they din pick up.. then i forget till i see this thread... but 1 week liao, tink they forfeit my chance liao...

GP/PD
i never brought my baby to see PD at all.. actually cos i work clinic line b4, thus know not all PD are good, some GP are just as gd or evern better.. :p

snowyee11:check with u hor Is Whispering heart airconditional? me n hubby dropped by today to take a look,its not airconditional leh.Coz my bb super scare hot.Roughly how do they take care of our bb there liek theyre daily prog?

ioroios: its alrite thx anyway.i dropped by ur bb IFC also, hubby seems to prefer My 1st Skool but fee abit high leh.Same qn ye Roughly how do they take care of our bb there liek theyre daily prog?:p thxthx

Re: nanny
Met a aunty at JP just now with her sis-inlaw 2mth bb n her old kids and she told me at her blk there are another 2to3 aunties r nannies at street81 cant rem her blk.Shd i take the risk to try those nanny she said ehhe,cant take her coz hubby dun like her hubby*faint*haha

pastries: currently ur bb in which IFC?seems very strict, will avoid since both me n hubby usually cant take leave during term time.ur bb recovers fr fever liao?

Re: fever
usually does bb get fever easily?my bb temp can fluctuate fr 36.5 to 37.2 within 1 day is tt normal?

RE:pD/GP
Yalor pd super ex, go there din talk much or ask any new thing ,even just for jab also need pay ard50 bucks consultation fee,but no choice hubby n i feel safer with pd since 1st bb n we dun know much abt bb

annette,

Yes, the ifc is airconditional. Maybe u ar at the cc area cos' no air-con there. Inside ifc area has air-con. They will feed, bathe, and teach bb like(sing nursery songs, show picture books to the older toddlers and learn through playing bah). I saw Inside ifc has different corners for learning. Also teacher will record on bb file their schedule everyday on what time they drink milk, eats, poopoo, bathe and sleep.

Re:
Maybe you can meet up with those nannies 1st and see if u ar comfortable with them anot.

Re-fever: The temp within this range still normal. BB tends to hv higher temp. Sometimes. tey too hot or when tey are teething,, temp will also goes up. Usually I will monitor first if my boi's temp is 37.5 degree, if goes up then necessary to give panadol.

annette,
yah.. me n hubby both prefer My first skool at JP to Whispering Heart.. we went for both their "tour" First is the environment, tink cos its very new.. thats y.. second, ermm no offence, but i saw 2 of the IFC teachers in Whispering heart, i felt that they look "dead-dead" like that... very not pro like that...

snowyee11,
bb not fever but got runny nose & cough..think due to IFC, he has been sick since placing him at IFC but wat to do.faintz.yes he having solid now.he dun like to drink milk since young leh.haiz.I went to polyclinic to jab pnuemococcal as got medisave.snowyee11,the blk651GP is not bad.keke..

Annette & ioroios,
Actually i think see Dr better than PD..PD more exp and the meds is almost the same and the queue is long.

The first sight & apperance of teachers in IFC very impt hor.it makes us think if we wan to place our bb there or not.

snowyee11: i went ard6pm. the indian lady ok la quite frdly but dun allow us to go in n see wo

ioroios:how do arrange to be able to tour the ifc?

janiemin:u placed bb at ifc for how long aldy? his immune system havent adapt to the environment ah?I also find pd very ex, but no choice lh ,dun know which gp is gd ard my area so hubby get the one his frd recommend lor

janiemin,
Everytime bb got running nose and cough like very long then can recover wan hor. Heartpain if they cough and cough esp at night. The blk 651 GP I hv to see which doc is around 1st. I think got 1 doc by the name kelvin not bad but the ladydoc not so gd, cos' that time when my boy got the fake measles, she seems like don't know what is that, ask us to go KK. But convenient for us cos' juz across the road. I'm now go to the Gek Poh GP at level 2 cos's the lady doc there quite experienced, cured my son's eczema as it was quite bad that time.

BTw, do u go down to the park around our area during weekends? Maybe we could bring our kids down chit chat there since we stayed so near each other.
happy.gif

annette,
Ya agree with ioroios, 1 of the ifc teachers there looked quite Stern and not friendly when not talking..hehehe, but no choice for me, that time don't hv much so much ifc to choose, so choose whispering Hearts lor. Most impt you hv to be comfortable who is taking care as we can oni provide info. for you to consider.

annette,
i placed my bb in ifc for 1mth+ plus.yaloh,maybe hes trying to build up his immune system.i recommend u a GP.u see my reply to snowyee11.actually i went to kidslink at chinese garden there for jab or any sickness but the PD always said the same thing.

Snowyee11,
yalah,recovered liao then come again.i think for the past 2-3 weeks, he has been taking meds.cos firstly runny nose, then recovered liao, have to go jab pnuemococal, then fever, recovered liao, then running nose.his medicine bill this month is high loh.yes yes.im about to say i went 651 see dr, firstly a lady female young young one, no recover then went back again a male dr kelvin..he is a good man,he explained to u why and very patient..haha,and if u go at night,not much people one.pioneer mall seems to be very popular oso.oh Gek Poh level 2?where beside macdonald?

my son got very dry skin at legs and red lines around the fold,is this eczema?the GP said yes & gave me some cream but no use leh.you know what cream is suitable?
I go down on weekend usually morn loh.i bring him in the stroller (cos he doesnt like to sit in stroller,i wan him to get used to siting inside long long).i just go around either to 651 or petrol station to buy newspaper..so if u see a lady in the morn, maybe tats me.keke.sure,we can chit chat down there.

janiemin,
Yes, that time my boi jus enrol IFC. Alwyas kanna flu. Can be for 2weeks then come back again and recover. Hiaz like always see his nose blocked and running
sad.gif
. It is much better now, at least 2mths come once. Maybe the vitamins helps bah.

Yes, the it's that young lady doc loh, not very gd wan. She give flu medicine for my son's itchness as she said also can stop itchness. But I dare not try the medicine. In the end I go gek poh and c the lady doc. Yes, it's just next to McDonalds, Lee family clinic. The lady Doc name is Shirley Lee, only around somedays, so need to check her availability 1st before you go there.
Tel no:67940217. But rem' to bring the types of cream u have applied so that Dr will be better to advice.

I think better bring him to c Dr as I also do not know if that is eczema anot? Sometimes could just be some fungus. Cos' eczema is usually red patches flaking skin.

Mine was quite serious, cos' it's cheek eczema.
Was given eloment cream(contains steriod) when serious and mosturizer which I'm applying everyday to maintain his face.

Wow u bring ur boi down so early for morning walk..I might still sleeping I guess..haha.
I will bring him down to the park everyday now around 6plus aft work. Let him walk walk abit, tired liao then can sleep better anite.
happy.gif

Back