Advice Needed: Any Mummy who put baby in infant care centre ?

stranger anxiety usually starts from around what age huh? my boy lately more clinky than before. he's ok when we send him to IFC, but when at home, he hardly wants to be on his own now.

btw, hfmd situation getting bad ya. my son at kinderland@mnd complex, already has 8 cases (PN and childcare side). keeping my fingers crossed that hopefully no bbs at infant care side will kena.

Snowyee11, I checked Sean Lau website, his work is more of concept style, it is very nice but I feel like lack of capturing bb spontenous pictures leh.. Maybe his style is more suitable for newborn & mtb then older bbs and toddlers.

How to know whether can click with photographer?? Normally we booked 1st then meet the photographer. haha!

Ya, bbs at IFC can adapt to new environment faster and also not so wary of strangers.

Re: facebook
Good idea! My facebook is [email protected], quote your nick when add me ya cos I don't add ppl whom I don't know.

LC, normally stranger anxiety will start around 8,9 months.. peak at dunno which month (forgotten le).. Maybe your boy is at the peak of stranger anxiety now. Or are there any changes lately?

Lina, then must be your bb start to develops stranger anxiety le. I rem my boy also like this when he is 8 mth +, but after a while he is ok le..

Sherine, will confirm u when at home ya. cos office pc access fb guai guai wan, cannot comment, cannot do anything..

There is one friend request, is it Lina?

hihi... add me! [email protected]
happy.gif

add me add [email protected]
ha, then we can see each other's faces and of cos cute bb as well.

regards staying at new IFC.ya, i understand some BB are very scare of strangers..tat time, when i left my bb at my current IFC, i very "zai"..i oni take two days leave and i stayed there for almost an hr in the morn then i went bk during lunch then late aftn, i fetched him bk cos tat time he was still small lah..no separation anxiety..nw i think he will have some, so he must do some warm -up first.

sherine, if its 9am-3pm..haha, my bb always like to have a earlier nap at 9am..so i plan to bring him earlier..hope to see u as well, if im there at 8plus for the first three days..i normally will drop bb ard 7plus cos i work at 8am..
sherine, so hw is the teachers over there? okie?

I only managed to add Peipei then cannot add le.. Is my office pc always have this problem in accessing FB, can log in but cannot do anything.

Hi, can add me in fb? my email: [email protected]

My twins are adapting well at IFC. It's been four weeks and they seem to enjoy their time there. But, my boy seems to be getting sick quite often. First was fever, now slight cough...

pastries, haha... i'm the lucky one who get added by u. :p

thanks! your small J is very smiley! and of cos you are a pretty mum too! anyway, can see that the layout of the IFC at 339 and 375 very similar. hee...

haha... all your babies are so cute!! i kinda hope that my gal can sit, crawl and walk liao... she only started to flip... but then i know by then, i will be VERY busy chasing after her... haha...

got a bit confused of who is who..haha managed to figured out..Peipei, ur ifc so good hor, everything looks new. Each baby have own baby chair..

Peipei & juju,
ur gals looked so chubby and pretty..envy both of u hv a princess..heehee.

Lina,
also junior Strafie eyes very big..next time grow up must be a handsome chap.

haha... yah, a bit lost...

snowyee, no lah, not individual baby chair... but there are enough rockers for each baby now. when there are more babies, i think there will not be enough liao. tomolo there are 3 more babies coming to the ifc... so 8 babies! overheard that tomolo is the "problematic" teacher's last day. dunno if it's true... but hor, not bcos i complain ok, i didn't go to the principal... hee... will check it out after my gal's vaccination tomolo. :p

your boy also very cute! and you are so slim!! how u manage to shed the extra kg? i'm still trying to lose my tummy... flabby flabby, and butt big big... can no longer fit into my old pants and jeans... sigh...

lina, your boy's eyes really big leh! haha...

peipei,
U mean tat 60plus teacher? Haha, maybe she also kanna complained by other mummies as her methods of taking care of bb is different.

Actually I did not gain much weight during my pregnancy, I think oni 11kg bah. Pierre was 3.1kg when he was born, so minus off the rest I think because I breastfeed him for a few mths so managed to get rid abit plus the postnatal massage.

U also slim slim leh..no need to slim down lah.Still very pretty..heehee.

Hi!

Lina, Janiemin & Sophia, I have added u liao! Lina, I forgot to quote my nick on the friend request, my profile picture is with sunglasses with my boy. :)

Peipei, yup, 339 & 375 very similar hor, haha! so now 375 hiring new teacher cos total 8 babies now? Oh, u look slim lah, now u just 4 month after preggy right? still will shed some weight along the way, esp after yr bb know how to crawl, etc, u will be super busy chasing after her!

Juju, Jodie eyes really so big!! Envy leh.. My boy double eyelid hidden wan, very strange cos me & my husband side family members all double eyelid very obvious wan. haha! Must be I looked at my teddy bear too much during preggy days.

Snowyee11, yes, u r very slim, like me. You are slim type de right, I think now need to look after your active boy, u might be slimmer then before preggy.

pastries,

keekee, I'm quite tall mah, that y photo looks slim..hee..u ar wrong leh, now look after my boi, needs to eat more, more engery required..

Pierre also very tall like me. I think he's close to 0.9m now..he got hidden eyelids also..Haha, you looked at teddy bear..I looked at the bb poster(dun know the gender) i paste in front of my wardrobe everyday..aiyo so now he looked like ger ger..cos' ppl always ask me his gender.

snowyee, yup, that 60plus teacher. i just overheard lah, not sure if it's true... also dunno if they will hire new teachers or not. let's wait and see lor...

aiyah, u all see my upper body only mah... my upper body din change much during my preg days also. it's my tummy and butt!! now i still look like 3 - 4 months pregnant leh... need to wear loose clothing to cover up my tummy.

haha... you all look at pictures and toys during preg days? hmm... i never do such thing leh... but anyway, some people thought my gal is a boy! cos she has little hair! haha... even her great grandfather thought she is a boy! pengz...

Snowyee11, Juju, I also looked at bb posters leh, I have 3 posters and also my nephew poster cos he is very handsome boy, but my teddy bear talked and sing songs to my tummy everyday. haha!

Peipei, yes, pregnant lady likes to look at cute bb poster because believe that bb will looked like the cute bb in the poster. :)

Tummy is most difficult to slim de, my tummy is more flabby now and if wear tight clothing, will see the bulging tummy, before pregnant, is flat wan.. To tone up, you need to do tummy exercise. I am too lazy to do it.

Snowyee11, your Pierre boy has got the 'qing xiu' look, that's why ppl mistaken him for gal. Actually is good u know, means he is good looking. haha!

Peipei, bb gal very often got mistaken as boy because of botak head! But yr gal v qing xiu mah. :)

hi janiemin,

so far all the teachers are very nice.
By the way, my fb is [email protected]

Had been super busy recently, my boss kept arrow me things to do. Feel like quiting, have to tahan now will see got chance to promote in Jul a not then decide. Haiz...

hello,
hihi,i just came bk from cruise.added almost everyone expect sherine.will go add later.

wor, the conversation nw is cute bb and hot mummies.damn tired now, still on leave until next wed.most prob will reply when bk to office.seldom chk mail at home.ok im going to nua..kekeke.

Peipei,
I think most mummies also got this prob..buttock and tummy expand after birth..so u see we "si seng he da hor"..so we are so "wei da"..keekee

Oh besides looking at bb posters, I also watch alot of taiwan idol dramas..got handsome handsome one 1 all watch..heehee

BTW,
ur gal better?

pastries,
Ya, tats wat many ppl said he's "qing xiu"..quite anxious to see him grow up..but nw it's the stage they are so cute and wan us to curdle them..

Sherine,
Added u liao.

Ur boss keep arrow things to u, better then me, my boss never ask me to do things..quite "eng".
got things to do better then nothing, at least u are capable got chance to prove ur capability.
Oops talk too much..out of the thread topic liao.

snowyee, haha... no wonder lah... all the nice picture and 'people' you were facing all these while! my gal's diarrhea is getting better i think, cos i'm giving her bm for the past 2 days, no fm (doc said her diarrhea might be due to change of bacteria in her gut, so avoid giving her fm, give either bm or infant soya milk).

anyway, she is running fever after her 2nd jab yesterday. sigh...

Peipei, yr gal is taking 6-in-1? I read somewhere that 6-in-1 higher chance of fever then 5-in-1..

Snowyee11, same! I am also anxious to see him grow up, but I always had this negative thought that when he grows up, he want girl friend don't want to stick to mummy liao.. Now when he sticky to me, I must cherish ah..

Re: Holiday with bb
Me too! Also thinking of going cruise or taiwan.. Really need a holiday to feel 'normal' again! Cooped up in Singapore for too long liao..

Re: Working
Hmm.. I am never ambitious and now with bb, even not so! I am very straight forward with my boss, I am satisfied with current status and just be a normal executive.

Peipei,
Think pastries is rite, Pierre also had the 6 in 1 jab, always kanna fever after Jab 1. He's taking another jab this coming Friday at 18mths. Pray that no fever after tat loh.

Pastries,
Like ppl said loh, give birth to a boi like giving away to somebody else. Heehee, but i feel that most impt is the upbringing received from the parents.

Re:Holiday with BB
Mee too, hope can start with cruise 1st. Been hoping to travel to Hokkaido actually as it's reali a nice place. Think have to wait till Pierre is older.

Re:Working
I'm a down to earth person. Although simple is boring, no challenges but higher position have greater responsibilities to fulfil..

Juju,
I'm in the HR profession. Nw abit eng lah, cos' my boss dun knw how to assign work for me to do mah, he wan to "bao ka liao".keekee

My twins also scheduled for their 2nd 6in1 jab on Thurs. Only my girl got to do the jab. She also had a slight fever after that.
My boy cannot do the jab as he had a cough. Must wait till next week to do so. Having difficulty feeding him medicine. How do you mommies do it?

Hi Mummies,
I am one of the mummies who put my baby in Wellinton Learning Services at AMK. The IFC is going to close in May and I have to transfer my gal out to Babies Resort. Any mummies who have babies in Babies Resort? Any mummies had experiences transferring IFC? sigh.. super duper headache for me...

Sophia, wat I usually do is to use a pacifier to make my boi mouth open then I use the syringe to inject the medicine. Now no need lah, he automatic open his mouth when I give him medicine, guess he's alry used to it.

my job sometime busy sometimes not,so if u see me post often, tat means im very eng.whahah..

about cruise, kinda celebrate my son 1st birthday as we din have any celebration at home, so tot of going for holiday.then my boi very "ma fun", cant sit in the car for long so no coach to msia, oso no plane loh..so tot of cruise,so when he wants to sleep just go bk room or place him at the stroller.can go if have not been on cruise like me to try try lah.they got children's activity but too young for my boi boi, u can go to kid's pool. at night can watch free show e.g magic show.most of the time is eat eat n eat.can gamble lah like my hubby,he went to gamble at nite while i sleep in room with my boi. can request for cot bed,at restaurant, can request for those bottled hienz food FOC.my cruise is to KL so when they stop at the port, you can sign up tours to go KL there to shop shop but the bus journey is 1.5 hrs, i scared my boi make noise in the bus so i din go shop..boo hoo..

ya, hokkaido nice nice.i went during my honeymoon, very shiok must go for the snow season.

tangofango,
the IFC has such a nice name, babies resort.im one of those mummies which will trf bb, but i oni trf during May so cant feedback to you.btw, hw old is ur bb?

snowyee, same, my boy always kanna fever after 6-in-1 jab de.. What is the jab yr boy going to take at 18 Mth? The MMR jab?

I also want to go to Hokkaido, actually I want to go many places, haha! I also think btr to wait till yr boy is older then bring him to Hokkaido, if not, like very 'wasted trip'. Also, try to go F&E or choose those not so pack tour packages.. I remembered my trip to Japan years ago, there was a couple with 2 yr old son in the group. The whole trip is struggling coping with the boy then enjoying the tour.. imagine have to wake up and be ready to join the tour every morn, incl pacing & unpacking of suitcases!..

Sophia, we will use spoon to feed the medicine.

Hi Tango, I change IFC for my boy when he is 9 mth. 1st & 2nd day, I spent the morn with him at the new centre, then afternoon bring him home. Then 3rd day he is there whole day without me.

Hi janiemin,
I am also transferring in May. How come you are transferring? My baby is 11 mths old... going to be one yr old in 2 weeks time
happy.gif

Hi Pastries,
Did your boy have any problems getting used to the new place? My girl is quite clingy now. She's so used to her current IFC, not sure how she will cope..

janiemin,
shiok shiok. maybe u can consider self-drive trip to malaysia? i tried in jan when my gal was abt 8mths old, not too bad.

sophia,
i find syringe is the best to feed western meds. only the current tcm med (hou zao san) i use spoon & my gal is ok wif it. she even open her mouth big big, then suck the spoon dry!

tango,
i heard not too good feedback abt babies resort. high case of hfmd & teachers not so attentive. u can search the forum for the thread on babies resort.
depending on how old bb is when trfring ifc. if bb alrdy can recognise face &/or got separation anxiety, may cry for some time when dropping off. but when they settle down for the day, they will be ok.
if bb still dun recognise face, then trfr ifc will not be a problem.
ur current ifc will tell u how much notice period u nid to give them. my previous ifc needed 1 mth notice. then i confirmed the slot for my gal at the new ifc abt 2 mths before she started her 1st day thr.
at the old ifc, they dun let parents stay, so i only peep frm outside. at the new ifc, i only spent abt an hr wif her on the first day cos it was time for milk. if i stayed on, she wun take the bottle. 2nd day, i went back to work liao.

Hi juju,
I also read the same feedback, hence am quite concerned. Though I have to say, for my gal's current IFC, the teachers are also overwhelmed sometimes. I think I will have to voice my concerns to the babies resort management and see what they say.
I will monitor and see. Hopefully they are not so bad... if not, I guess I will transfer my girl out once she reaches childcare age. My initial plan was to transfer her to Red Schoolhouse at Pemimpin when she reaches 18 mths... Anyone has feedback on Red Schoolhouse?

Tangofango, yr gal is 2 weeks older then my boy! ^^ Hmm.. at 11 months, I think you need to stay with her a while at the new IFC during 1st 2 days.. For my boy, he has no problem getting use to the new place because it is a new centre and during his 1st week there, they only have 2 babies! So the caregivers really can spent alot of time with my boy and another bb. By the time they have more babies, my boy already gotten use to the new faces and environment. Don't worry, bbs are very adaptive, give her 1 week and she can get use to it, just make sure shower her with lots of love, hugs & kisses during the transition time.

Janiemin, Happy 1st Birthday to bb Jave!! ^^

Juju, you self drive to which part of Msia?

tango,
hopefully bah...
i'm trying to find a cc for my gal now. haiz... not much choices ard my area.

pastries,
almost all parts? except JB & KL which hb dun like to go.
jan, we drove to malacca, gerik, belum rainforest resort, ipoh, teluk intan & kuantan.
then in mar, we did a day trip to renggam & kluang

Back