Acid reflux and vomiting bile 2nd trimester

LadyP

Hi, anyone else suffering this? :( I m 12 weeks plus now and have been having terrible indigestion and nausea for a few weeks. If I eat just a little too much (and I used to be a very big eater!), it all comes up as water and terrible tasting acidic bile. I do take an antacid prescribed by my gynae. The acid reflux stopped for a couple of weeks but last night I woke up from my sleep, choking on bile n vomitted blood and my dinner. I even developed tiny red spots on my face and eye area which I googled and read are most likely burst blood vessels from straining when vomitting. Anyone having the same issue at this stage? I m also on weekly progesterone shots because of previous losses so I m wondering if the increased hormones are causing this extreme reflux.

I had bad reflux during my first pregnancy,I Took lots of gaviscon ,it's safe to take gaviscon .Then I had reflux ever since I'm pregnant 5 years ago till today I'm just in my early stage of 2nd pregnancy .

Thank you for your advice. :) I am taking Magtasil Antacid prescribed by my gynae. The feeling just sucks!

I too had reflux. So, it was morning sickness all day followed by reflux in the evenings and midnights. I took Gaviscon and that seemed to help. As someone said to me, vomiting is inevitable. Suffering is optional. So I just vomit it all and goto bed (or continue at work). Try to eat smaller portions at a more regular interval. That will help. Also, try not to be a "big eater" during pregnancy - after putting too much weight it could be very difficult to get rid of. All the best!

Hi,

I too am still having morning sickness at week 14. Can't eat at all. No appetite.
Heartburn get really bad at night so ill take Gaviscon as well.
Med (Maxolon) doesn't seem to help much on the vomiting..
Let's all jiayou!

I too had reflux. So, it was morning sickness all day followed by reflux in the evenings and midnights. I took Gaviscon and that seemed to help. As someone said to me, vomiting is inevitable. Suffering is optional. So I just vomit it all and goto bed (or continue at work). Try to eat smaller portions at a more regular interval. That will help. Also, try not to be a "big eater" during pregnancy - after putting too much weight it could be very difficult to get rid of. All the best!

Thank you for your reply. :) mine goes away then I never know when it comes back and makes me puke in toilet. I m sleeping on many pillows so I am almost sleeping straight up. I hv lost 7kg from nausea and lack of appetite so I m already not eating much.

Hi,

I too am still having morning sickness at week 14. Can't eat at all. No appetite.
Heartburn get really bad at night so ill take Gaviscon as well.
Med (Maxolon) doesn't seem to help much on the vomiting..
Let's all jiayou!

Hi, I hv lost my appetite too and lost 7kg. I was a big greedy eater and overweight so this is like a super fast diet for me though I do miss enjoying food and not retching when my neighbours all start frying garlic and onions during meal times! Try sleeping propped up on a few hard pillows at night? And eating Jacob cream crackers helps me get rid of the gassy bubbling feeling in my stomach. :)

I am now 11 weeks plus and also suffering from heartburn and acid reflux too. Everyday puke at least once or twice and also have the tiny red spots on my face. I feel so terrible everyday. Currently taking Gaviscon as well. Have lost like 5kg since I got pregnant.... does this goes away after 1st tri? I cannot imagine having to puke throughout the pregnancy. I am so very tired from all this. Feeling so sad and stress...

Back