A Support Group for Divorcees

fantasiaval

Hi Im not sure if there is an existing support group here.

But I would like to start one here.

I already signed my divorce papers and waiting for it to be finalized. My ex husband committed adultery with a china lady.

I have 2 young children.

wish to lend my listening ears and emotional support to ppl who feel upset and looking for similar people to chat with.

Hi val, did u engage a PI to fight for adultery? Care to share how much u spend on the lawyer? Or can PM me the lawyer's details?

I have a girl turning 3, husband committed it with a Sgrean but i don't have proof...

Hi, can recommend me your lawyer. I need a gd lawyer to fight for custody. I must have my 2 kids with me.

hi ladies,
I am currently starting up a single parent group with an organisation. Do let me know if there is any ways that I can help out as I have been thru it and knows how you feel.
Just to share a bit of my story in short, i found out that my ex hb was having an affair w a PRC, got a PI to get evidence and proceeded with the divorce. At that time, my boy was only 2.5yrs.
Till now, I am doing fine and like val, I would like to help those single parents in one way or another hence starting up the group..

Hi

Please include me in your support group.

I am filing for divorce soon.
Just wondering - did you gals move out after the interim judgment or did the ex hb continue to stay with you after interim judgment and before ancillary hearing?

Thanks. My email is: [email protected]

Hi Babes

It'll be good if you have evidence of the adultery but seriously dont bother spending that kinda money if your soon-to-be hb is not earning much ;)

Hi Nicole

I didnt move out, I got him to move back to his mum's. If you have kids and if he's (still) a man, he should ensure that you & the kids have a roof over your head.

Hi

I would like to join in this support group..

I am in the process of div. Gotten the interim Divorce.

My story in short...found out the jerk i had adultery after i gave birth two mths later & he decided to left us for the PRC!

At that time of point, my baby is only 4mths & I gotten into depression and face it alone.

Situation went bad for my depression..went crazy & did foolish things.

But now I had stand back & going to fight for it.

I really need help on my housing issue.

Hope you can give me some advices on that.

Hi cutie pi3

thanks for reply...your ex hb must be a nice gentleman in some ways.. a fiercer hb will kick his wife out of the house..

has anyone ever gotten a ppo? thanks...

Hi

I would like to join the support group. I'm considering for divorce, reason being him can't get rid of his gambling addict and incurring huge debts. I currently have a 28 mths old gal. Do pm me as I seldom check the forum. And do recommend me any good and affordable divorce lawyer.

hi ladies,

i also wan to join this group...

my hubby is having affair with PRC, still at CHINA now...and now he is facing 200K debts with bank.. lately hv recent letters fm subordinate courts..now i'm worry some of these days the executor will turn in my hse...

i'm considering filing divorce...but my main conecern is my 2 young kids..

Hi mummies.. Am gonna be divorce this sept since it then will mark our 3 yrs marriage..

Will b glad to join te support Grp as most of my frenz, even tho they are extremely caring and thoughtful, they prob can't see the picture as clear as fellow mummies here..

Not sure if there's an active one support Grp at the moment.. But am willing to set up a closed fb Grp for all mummies here

Do pm me

Ling

How has life been since divorce?
happy.gif

Happier?

Hi Nicole,
Life has definitely been much peaceful n happier after divorce.. My ex-spouse is an addicted gambler.. Nw, I dun hav to worry abt ah longs knocking at the door, running into debts, his threatens etc..
Though sometimes might feel lonely but it's better than fearing unknown ppl looking 4 u 4 $!! Agree??

Hi all,

I will also like to join this group. Just found out that my hb of 7 years (being in a relationship with him for a total of 13 years) is having an affair. Whats worse, it may not be his first time. It hurts to know he has started even when i was pregnant with our first child. we have 2 kids now, youngest being 9 months old.

Need some advice on how do I go about getting a divorce?

hi MoMocyn,

I oso have 2 kids.. youngest is 1 yr old..

just got divorced. im happier now. He oso strayed when i was pregnant.

never trust guys again...

Hi Val,
Can I ask how do u help your kids to understand the situation, esp the elder one? My biggest concern is the kids.

I told my eldest child tat dad n mummy cant stay together anymore. Both of us still love u n u can still go out with daddy. My child told me wants to
Stay wif me n not daddy.

My elder child is very attached to daddy. So might be tough but well, what has to be done has to be done.
Thanks, Val!
happy.gif

Hi mummies,

Anyone here went to Legal Aid Burea (LAB) for divorcing aids before?
I'm currently pregnant with my no.2 and my no.1 just turned 1 yrs old not long ago.
Both me and my hubby are only 22yrs old this year. And we got married for only 2 years.
I have been in a dilemma whatever to file a divorce with my hubby anot, cause there's way too many conflicts between us already.
We couldn't communicate like last time before I had my no.1, we quarrel often and sometimes even treat each other as transparent at home not talking to each other for more then 5 sentence.
Things got so bad few months ago after he started hanging out with his bunch of friends, who thought him how to gamble even thou I know he does gamble but it's only during special occasions like CNY or maybe the football seasons.
But soon he got into huge debts and now he can't even afford to pay my hospital bills whenever I visit the gynae. EverythIng was paid by his working mum.
Things got worse after that, he started drinking every night and even sort of havIng an affaire outside.
We quarrelled so badly that I wanted a divorce, in the end he beg me and say sorry. And told me that he and that lady really nothing happen, and I choose to go back is because of my kid.
Thou my mouth say I forgive but deep down I know I couldn't, and I guess our feelIngs is really fading away ever since this incident.
And he is always holding on to his phone even when he sleeps, he put his phOne inside the pillow case. And he is always so secretive about it, I asked him a few times but he kept saying that he is afraid that his office calls him and all sorts of rubbish.
I'm really sick and tired of this kind of unhealthy marriage.

mummytan,
when feelings are gone, they are gone and probably never be back. This, i can say, is true for myself. I haven't gone to LAB before and know nuts about them. But since you are currently preggy w no 2, i hope you stay strong and not let mood affect you too much. Of cos, easier said than done. But I was in similar situation as you, preggy w no 2, and all these shit happen. Have you thought of what's gonna happen after you divorce? Are your parents supportive of your decision? It is extremely impt to have familial support.

I have created the closed fb group. Mummies can PM me to join the group =)

I am in process of divorce, now undergoing separation,i have two young kids. would like to know more women in the same situation as me.I am actually feeling happy now, just waiting for that faithful day to come....Hope to hear more from you ladies...we'll be just fine ;)

Hi all,
Im new here. Gg to divorce soon
Any cheap n liable lawyer to recommend?
Need advice n helps badly
Can i join the support group?

Hi
Will any of you mummies will like to play volley ball on Sun @ Tanjong Beach, Sentosa.

Our kids can play together as well when we meet up.

Pm me your Name & hp no. So I can start a whatsapp chat group.

depressed_mom: i can recommend u a divorce lawyer if u need.
happy.gif

Cheer up mummies! stay strong for your kids and also those who loves u.

Hihi Choco! no 'formal' or 'informal' way to join this group it seems. Ppl just come in to post as and when they want.

For ladies who are in the process getting divorce, shall we come in here and interact more? to give each other more support
happy.gif

I can only start filing next Feb, cos my HDB has not hit MOP. What's your 'game plan'?

Hi Ladies,

I'm in the midst of child custody & maintenance order case.
Anyone of u know if the ex's salary is $8000 a mth, how much maintenance he shld pay?
He has said during mediation that he is only willing to pay max $800 & has refused to pay lotsa stuff like pampers, food, sch fees, insurance etc...
Any advise?
Thanx fella mummies.
Let's stay strong & move forward with our lovely kids.

Ya no formal way to join. If u like to meet up to make new friends n have support Grp, u can pm me. I do keep contacts of mummies n meet up a few.

Can even bring the kids out too

Hi wen26,
Did u appoint lawyer yet? I can only advise base on own experience. Pls do seek lawyer advise as i do not fully understd yr situation on grds for divorce.

Can try to fight for ex husband to pay for insurance n sch fees till kid is 18 or 21.

$800 -$1000 is a reasonable sum to pay as maintenance for 1 kid on monthly basis.

If u wish to fight for more $, pls keep more evidence on yr expenses.
Pls keep all receipts on household expenses for children n herself. (eg. Sch fees, kids enrichment, kids groceries..)

Oh btw, any mummies keen to join Facebook closed Grp?

Pls pm me. I can setup a Grp jus for us mummies to chat n arrange outings with children..etc

Hi pristine n all

Yes I have a support FB group. It's closed n private n I will add u. Those interested can pm me. I normally do a screen first as I only want genuine people in the group.

Actually We can all combine - haha.

Thanks pristine!

We can also support each other in this forum.

Back