A fresh thread looking for Melbourne mummies

cheri,
the apt i have has 3 bedrooms and i intend to put my gal in one room on her own with her own play area. Wanted to let her get use to not sleeping with us. Have to start sooner or later so might as well be now. So there is a spare room for guests like my parents or in-laws when they visit. Or else can be the study room cum store room.

As for the size, the apt is in the city, so the guestrooms size is abit like the size of a normal room in a 5room HDB. The masterbed room is abit bigger though. I think space will be bigger in the suburbs but also depend on the property itself. Have you gone house hunting?

aurorin,

Your apt is big! I'm looking for 2bedroom houses near city which are usually smaller.

I look at my luggages, seem a bit hard to squeeze all in esp. with the winter clothings...I'm still thinking if i should use those bags to compress them...How many luggages are you bringing this friday? Can fit into a cab? Btw, the H1N1 cases in Vic is shooting
sad.gif

aurorin
3 bedrooms is nice too though we r thinking 2 rooms mean less chores hehe...we r still v happy to let my ger sleep wif us since she sleeps on her own bed & she sleeps thru till 7 plus in the morning anyway. My hb will oso probably need a room for his home-office stuff & it will be nice to hv a room for my ger's toys,artwork etc. Thinking that his home office room can double up as a guest room. If we go for a 2roomer, my ger would probably end up playing wif her toys in the living room which happens now anyway. Wonder if their houses/apts come wif store rooms? I'm still thinking 2/3 but maybe since we're renting, the diff is not huge.

Hv not gone house hunting cos hb still has no definite date for moving over yet. We're aiming for end of the year. But drove ard a few suburbs during my trip there last week.

je
the bags do help to give more space for other stuff in the luggage. But do take note of the weight per lugg too cos if too heavy, even if you manage to squeeze things in, they will still ask you to remove. Try to spread out the heavier stuff among diff lugg perhaps.

ya man, we're so thankful we came back just the weekend b4 vic's number of h1n1 cases shot up. Or my gal & hb would definitely kena quarantine at cc & work. Not much diff for me since i'm sahm. Was teasing my hb that if kena quarantine, we could opt for aloha then extended free hol hahaha

cheri,

no problem with the weight for now. space is the real issue. so i'm getting the ziploc bags from daiso this friday.

regarding the house, i'm getting 2rm houses in order to cut down the household chores. don't hv much time for housework
happy.gif

Hi JE, Cheri,

I manage to squeeze 20kg worth of clothings into one big cloth bag. Would have been impossible w/o the vaccum bags. But do it closer to date u fly cos after a while, the daiso bag will start to take in air bit by bit.

So far, we have
- 1 huge samsonite hardcase luggage (for breakable things like our PS3, harddisks and non-clothing items like toileries, bb stuff)
- 2 huge cloth bags which my mom got them ages ago..almost the length of golf bags (for clothing, or soft compressable items)
- 2 cabin carry-on bags for hub and i (for impt documents, 1 set of spare clothes, laptops)

Of cos, baby has her quinny stroller cum maxi cosi car seat, which thankfully can go up the plane w/o being part of the luggage allowance. My dad will drive to airport in our SUV which can fit all the luggage but i think some of us may need to take cab to the airport.

Yes, the H1N1 thing is quite frightening. Took my gal to the PD who advised us to monitor her and avoid taking her out for the time being. She is too young for flu shots anyway (under 6 mths) but managed to do the HepB shot so can avoid going to any clinic. My hub already found a GP nearby our apt in Melb so cross fingers :p Anyway, bo pian, must fly now and can't wait anymore because of my PR.

Re: Apt
I think small family 2/3 bedroom is more than enuff. My apt doesnt have much of a store room (more like a small closet spare for putting vaccum cleaner) so i guess extra room just means extra storage or guestroom. I also dun want to spend too much time with housework so if no one use, i will just close one room and store away the beddings etc. Unless hub wants his own study.. then he do his own cleaning. Hahaha :p

aurorin,

wow, you hv more luggages than me
happy.gif
i may consider buying another one...how do you go home from melb airport? do they hv MPV cab? that's my main concern..

looks like the melb H1N1 is out of control already...

aurorin
the cloth bags r good idea cos can take a lot & much lighter than typical luggage. A fren of mine even used carton boxes she got from Singpost or sthg...or those china checkered bags..can put lots & yet light weight bag.

je
yes, melbourne is included in the list of affected areas by SG oredi...plus the indian racist demonstrations etc...recently melbourne making news for all the wrong reasons.

aurorin,

forgot to ask you. how did you request to bring in your baby's stroller and car seat? my baby's stroller and chicco car seat are heavy. wonder if they'll allow.

JE,
Haha i also wonder how come ended up with so much stuff.. well as long as w/i baggage allowance la. Can save then save :p

My bro say got those station wagon-like cabs that you can ask for at the airport. If not, the most have to take two cabs lor. Sure got a way..
happy.gif

I checked with SQ reservations on the phone and on email. Both said, as long as baby items, not counted towards baggage allowance. My pilot fren can just wheel in straight to the airbridge then from there, they will put the stroller into the cargo area and it will be the first to be taken out and left outside the airbridge once you arrive at destination. Just need to tell the check-in counter.

Cheri,
Ya, which is why i am superglad my mom have those cloth bags. I was going to put in boxes too but luckily found the bags, at least have handles and straps compared to boxes.

Ya.. situation at melb like quite bad.. this is bad timing i guess. Just have to be real careful and hope for the best.
sad.gif

re checking in strollers etc
yes, you can still push ur baby ard in the stroller after you go thru immigration & walk ard in the airport. Just need to close them at the boarding gate, ask them to attach a tag on ur stroller if the check in ppl hv not done so, then at the airbridge, leave it tog with all the other strollers etc wif the staff(usually there will be quite a number there)

aurorin
yes, do take care esp since you hv such a young baby...so exciting yah? i feel so excited for you hahaha..do update us when you've arrived & settled in.

mummies
woohooo!!! where r the rest of you? hopeac, melgirl, mydodo etc?

wanted to check wif you all on one thing. Do you apply any face moisturiser for ur child? what brand is good? i used the mustela facial lotion for my dd when we were in Melbourne for 2 weeks. But after abt a week or so, her sides of face started feeling rough. When we came back to SG, her face peeled a lil. What do you use?

hi Cheri,
Most pple use EQ lotion or oil here. It is not really for face only. It should be ok for infants, since my friend's pd recommended the oil (which is more concentrated) for my friend's then 2 month old infant.

hi JE,
You may want to hire a wagon. The boot is bigger. However, certain cars has bigger boot than others. My 3 lit car in aus can fit 6 to 8 bags which took 3 cars to transport in sg.

hopeac
EQ sounds familiar..think they sell that in SG pharmacies too yeah? thanks for the tip...will rem to get that next time. Think my mustela is only good enuff for SG weather haha

Hi all,

I'll also be moving to Melbourne, probably Hawthorn or Kew in September with my 20 month old daughter. Hope to meet up with some of you then!
happy.gif

no. but i've done enough online research to have whittled my choices down to these. They have the most childcare, private schools, and is near city. I'll be working so these are my priorities

Heya all..

Arrived last saturday morning.. Not easy trying to handle 85 kg of stuff with a baby and stroller but we did managed in the end! Spent a wk just doing up the apt.. cleaning up and buying some furniture and household things. Luckily, most of the appliances in my apt is working.. just needed some new pots and pans.
happy.gif
Also managed to sort out bank, tel, and internet stuff. Also did up my bb gal's room.. so everything looks and feels more cosy now.
happy.gif

It is getting really cold now.. yesterday there was hail and snow out in the surburbs and mountains. Well.. good if you want to do skiing. But the flu thing has worsen.. unfortunately not much news on the tv.. faster to get it online. Anyway, hopefully things will stablize soon.. in the meantime, we just been minimizing our trips out.. but sometimes no choice, still have to bring her along when we run errands like to the bank etc.

Anyway, pls let me know if anyone is also moving here and i will do wot i can to help ya? :D

aurorin
great to hear that you've settled down well & fast. will u b working in melbourne or sahm? hope to meet up wif you when i move over...

ee
hihi...will u be working in the city too? hv u started on ur moving arrangements, packing etc? You're PR too?

aurorin,

it's great to hear that you've more or less settled down there. so efficient!!! yeah, the H1N1 flu has worsen there. in fact, they wont be doing any test now since it's out of control. so, i guess you wont be going to mt buller then:p

Cheri,
Will be a SAHM at least for next half of year till my gal turns 1.. then probably part-time work. Want to enjoy my gal for the moment. They grow so fast!! Let me know when you move over and we can meet up after you settled?

JE,
Not that i am efficient. Just lucky that i have a furnished apt plus car waiting for me so minimal things to do. Also my brother was staying in Melb for years, so gave us some advice on service providers for internet etc.

The thing about the flu is that pple in melb doesnt seem very concern.. business as usual on the streets and i have not seen anyone wearing a mask even. It is not much reported on the news.. except this short segment that WHO declared that its now a pandemic. My in laws are freaking out and kept asking us not to go out etc. Yaps.. so guess no Mt Bueller for me.. mabbe next year bah. ;)

EE,
Hi! Love to meet up in sept when you are here with your girl.. Good luck!!

Hi all,

I'm a PR and hope to find a job when I move over in Sept. There's little to move since my baby will keep outgrowing her stuff. I don't intend to move much.
Sept is still a far way!

JE,
I am using TPG ADSL2+ with VoIP. Its $49.99/mth with 50GB (25gb peak + 25gb off-peak) download limit. It's one of the most competitive price with the download limit amongst the service providers here with ADSL2. And can do voice over internet.

So far so good! We managed to d/l one movie overnite. If you are just into surfing, not much download, then there are cheaper plans too. There are quite a lot of different plans also and strange 'new' terms like 'naked' plans etc so abit confusing at first.

JE,
Here got so many service providers so rates can be pretty good if you are not into d/l and just light user for surfing and emailing.. chk out iinet or internode also. Telstra's big pond or optus have the most ex plans. Oh, when finding an ISP, try to take note if upload is included in the data limit. Dont go for those. And make sure that if excess data over the limit is uncharged or else you may end up paying alot more than you think.

Its less complicated in spore when all ISP provides unlimited data d/l... sigh.

aurorin,

yeah lor, so many ISP, see til i blur already. I'll leave this great task to my hubby then
happy.gif

btw, asking a question. Why all of you apply Australia PR? Why do you all want to migrate there? I see the housing and things are so expensive there. What drives you all migrating there?

je
i've not applied for PR as yet but my guess is that it's the lifestyle, the abundance of space & nature, the slower pace that allows for more work-family life balance. As PRs, they do get a lot of benefits so it doesn't look as costly. That's what a fren of mine told me lah. She's a PR & residing in Brisbane now. At the end of the day, it's what you want for your life, i guess. Another fren of mine told me that it need not be an increased quality of life, esp if we r talking abt having domestic helpers heheh

my hb & I hv discussed that we should b able to decide within a year of moving over to Melb if living overseas permanently is sthg that we want. Their education syst is also v diff but i'm keen to let my daughter try.

Everything is relative. I am talking from a PR perspective.

Housing, it really depends what you want. If you want stay in the city, it is of course expensive. If you don't mind commuting, you can get a nice house of around 500K in good suburbs, with some land, which is the price of equivalent of a good area hdb flat. Some suburbs like endevour hills, around 30 to 40 mins via monash freeway. You can get 400+ new house on hill top. If you really choose to stay in the city itself, it is really no much different from singapore. You also have first owner grant about 20+ K. But interest is expensive. But, it is true if it is one person is working, it is quite difficult to afford a 500+ house, unless u earn an average around 100k. But a dual income is quite affordable.

Education. Education in state school is free. There are some state high schools which is very good. Some are better than private in terms of academic. But most likely this schools are zoned. And not suprisingly, this state schools are in east. Private school has 2 types. You want the high end kind which goes from 16+ K and above. There is a middle tier which is around 3 - 7 K a year.

Education system is different. Certain things are better but certain things are better in singapore. Here, kids of higher ability are given different kind of reading of maths even in the same grade. My son is in grade 1, but he is given grade 2 and above for reading. Readers and reading list are according to the kid's pace not everyone's pace. I find it is good if your kid is slower than average. Most homework is done in school, the teachers can then gauge it is really the kid's work not work help by the parents. There are no exams until high school. This may be bad thing. Bad thing is no chinese lessons in school. But some private schools and even state school are starting to offer chinese as second language. But certain schools like Xin Jing Shan offer chinese chineses on weekend for 220 for half a year. This is subsidied by the govt. Enrichment classes here, I feel is also cheaper.

Food, i mean at the suburbs not city area. Fresh food at the food market (not supermarket) is around the same price for pork and chicken. Beef and lamb is cheaper here, fruits is better quality here. But i find seafood and fish is expensive here. And supermarket food is really expensive. Average grocery/supermarket/food bill for whole family including fruits, meat, bread, everything is around 180. I mean for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Most pple bring lunch to work. Eating out is expensive, but the portion is bigger. So average eating out for us is around 20+ to 30. Chinese crystal jade like places is around same price as food court. And I love the non preservative food here, even in can food!

Clothes, depends where u buy. There is always Big W, Target, DFO and Myers Miss sections. But there is always the expensive branded stuff. So it really depends what you want.

Taxes is high. Around 30 percent for less than 100K, and 40 % for more than 100 K above. But u get medicare, tax benefit and childcare benefit depending on your income.

It is really what you want in life. Childcare is expensive, and you really have to depend on yourself. If you have maids in singapore, you will find it tough going here. You have to be independent. We are ok both in here and sg. If you are here, adapt to the environment here. Certain things will always better than sg. But there are also good points here.

What I meant certain things will always better in sg, eg family support.

I forgot the 220 for 2 terms in xin jing shan includes extra maths and abacus classes. If only chinese, it is 180 I think.

Hi Hopeac,

I find your post very enlightening..
happy.gif
So far i am enjoying it here despite the cold... Any recommendations for food market, i mean the fresh veggie/fruits, meats etc?

hopeac,

Thanks for your valuable sharing. Really appreciate that.

Your son's primary school offers multi-age learning environment right? That's why he's able to learn grade 2 even though he's in grade 1. But what is he going to learn when he moves to grade 2? I understand that they go by level, ie grade1/2 are at same level, level 2. Do they allow him to learn grade 3 when he moves to grade 2? Btw, I was told that their std is not as high as Spore. Do you know how much difference is their p1 syllabus as compared to Spore's P1 std? Actually I'm very surprised that parents there send their children for enrichment classes. I thought they're less competitive...and the pte school fees are so expensive which i doubt most middle income family can afford esp if they hv more than 1kid. So, it seems to me that spore is still a much better place to live esp with lower tax, easy access to domestic helps and housing is cheaper.

hi JE,

Certain things are common, like spelling, phonics. etc. But certain things like readers, reading words are individualised on your level. If you are really good, you can skip levels. But mostly this is done at private schools. And certain state schools and private have accelerated programs if your kid is good. Certain state primary schools also cater for international students. I know of one in the bay area. Before u get accepted in a private school, you have to go for an interview. They assess the kid, and the parents in a way I guess.

As I said, the focus is different. The pace is slower. But you can always supplement with the primary 1 assessment books. For us, from what i gauge. My son should be in K2 in sg, he is in Grade 1 in aus. I intend to go through P1 assessment book with him during hols. It should be able to do the assessment book. But primary 1 in sg is consider to be easy. SO I am not sure if he is able to cope with the higher levels. Alot of pple send their kids to state schools, which is free. (Alot of asian kids go state school, but go for swimming lessons, music lessons, chinese lessons. No different from sg kids.) As I said there are some really good state schools. And at primary level, the state school levels are comparable to pte. So usually pple send their kids to primary state school and private high school. And private schools account for 30% of students. Private school offer discounts for siblings. 1 kid, 100% of school fees, sec kid 25 % disc, 3 kid 50 % discount for some schools. Certain schools also provide music lessons which you can pay for.

But it is no denying the singaporean education standard is high and it goes much faster. It really boils down to what kind of lifestyle and education you want for your kids. Holistic or academic and what kind of kids you have. You have to recognise the strength and weakness of each system and supplement. We like the indvidualise catered learning in a way, we like the hands on learning here. They learn water, they go the seaside to see theh starfish,different sea creatures. RSPCA comes to talk to them when they learn about animals. But we recognised the structured learning is also important, so we try to go through with him assessment books during the hols.

Housing in singapore is cheaper as in HDB, but it is not cheaper if you can compare land property at the suburbs. Hawthorn and Kew are very near city it is comparable to carnhill to orchard road and newton to orchard. Melbourne is more than 10x the size of sg. The distance is not really the same in comparison. Alot of the richer aussie live there, the average aussie stay in 300 to 600K housing.

Tax is higher, but unless u are super high earner, the tax system averages out the income u earn. Alot of pple here live on a single income with less than 100K. You have remmeber there is still tax and child benefit. Family have more benfits compared to singles here. If you don't eat out like sg, it is surivable.

hopeac,

You're not staying there for good? Intend to come back in future?

Yes, if you're comparing staying in landed property in SG, it's a lot cheaper in AU (if not near city). How do you manage to cook after work? Plus all the household chores...I think it's not easy to be a mother there...hv to be supermummy!!

hopeac
yes, ur sharing is always so insightful. It's wonderful that they can hv differentiated learning for the kids. I'm hoping that the early years there would benefit my child as in making learning more fun for her, develops her curiosity in learning etc. SG places too much academic emphasis on them at too young an age. My hb's not for the idea of me even buying assessments over to coach my daughter. He feels if we r there, just let her enjoy learning the way Aussies kids learn. Hee but i think i will still buy a few over just in case. At least if i feel my ger's bored or shows signs of wanting to learn more, i dun hv to galang gabuk...

btw, how do most kids learn to swim there? they mostly go to public pools? cos not many condos wif pools in Melb rite as most ppl stay in houses? do most suburbs hv a public pool that is clean & good?

auorin,
I think the nearest to you is victoria market. If you go during sat afternoon, alot of things go on sale. You can get a whole box of peaches for 5 dollars, 1 dollar bargains but you have to be selective. They also have price slashs for meat in the afternoon when i was there the last time. I heard the paharan market is good. Footscray for asian stuff. For east, you have boxhill market. For me, I usually go boxhill, springvale or clayton (small shops there). Near closing time at boxhill on sat, alot of things go for 1 or 2 dollars. Like 6 capsicums for 1 dollar, a bag of mushrooms for 2 dollars. They usually have some specials. Further south, you have springvale and danenongs (If you buy alot, dangenong market is the cheapest). The supermarket prices are usually 1 to 3 dollars more per kg for fruits. And Beef, and meat stuff, sometimes the markets can be 5 to 10 dollars cheaper per KG than the supermarket unless the supermaket has specials. And salmon at springvale and boxhill is 18 dollars per kg (If you buy the whole fish, can be 15 dollars), but safeway is 28 per kg. You may need to explore the butcher and fishmongers near your place, I find they are also usually cheaper than the supermarket.

Hopeac,
Thanks! Yes, i been to QV mkt but it was a sunday. Found the price similar to supermarket specials so wondering if out in the suburbs would price be cheaper. Anyway I will try saturday afternoon hehehe. Dangenong is quite far for me... but footscray is nearby, about 15mins drive. So will check out there next. Also never been to boxhill so will find time to go also.

Ah also wondering about the buying culture here. Do these market allow bargaining or fixed price?

aurorin,
Fixed price.. QV is tourist market I heard. So it may not be very cheap I guess. (By the way, the indian food at the QV food court is quite nice) Even in the suburbs, there are difference in pricing between the different markets. So you need to explore and see which one is the best place for you to go.

Try to go footscray earlier in the day, I heard it is not very safe after dark.

hi I'm new in this thread. Any people got any idea what is the requirement to apply a PR over there in Aussi ? And compare with US and Aussi which is better ?

Auburn Primary School
Rathmines Rd, Hawthorn East 3123
Ph: (03) 9882 7035
www.auburnps.vic.edu.au

Auburn South Primary School
419 Tooronga Rd, Hawthorn East 3123
Ph: (03) 9882 2140
www.auburnsthps.vic.edu.au

Glenferrie Primary School
Manningtree Rd, Hawthorn 3122
Ph: (03) 9818 4338
www.glenferrieps.vic.edu.au

Hawthorn West Primary School
Wood St, Hawthorn 3122
Ph: (03) 9818 2233
www.hawthornwestps.vic.edu.au

Preshil Middle School
395 Barkers Rd, Kew 3101
Ph: (03) 9817 6135
www.preshil.vic.edu.au

Bialik College
Jewish
429 Auburn Rd, Hawthorn East 3123
Ph: (03) 9822 7981
www.bialik.vic.edu.au

Carey Baptist Grammar School
349 Barkers Rd, Kew 3101
Ph: (03) 9816 1222
www.carey.com.au

Erasmus School of Primary Education
40 Lisson Grove, Hawthorn 3122
Ph: (03) 9819 1266
www.erasmus.vic.edu.au

Methodist Ladies' College
207 Barkers Rd, Kew 3101
Ph: (03) 9274 6333
www.mlc.vic.edu.au

St Joseph's Primary School (Catholic)
Glenferrie Rd, Hawthorn 3122
(near Riversdale Rd)
Ph: (03) (03) 9818 7570
www.sjhwthn.melb.catholic.edu.au

Scotch College
Junior School
Callatina Rd, Hawthorn 3122
Ph: (03) 9810 4321
www.scotch.vic.edu.au

Xavier College (Catholic)
Boys and Girls to year 4
Boys only from Year 5
Barkers Rd, Kew 3101
Ph: (03) 9854 5411
www.xavier.vic.edu.au

the list of childcare is just as long. Sorry for the late reply, JE.
There's a good website called city hobo where you can get loads of info on some suburbs

christina
US is definitely much further esp if you r going to fly back often to visit relatives etc.

But US will be great for shopping hahhah..ON, Gap, Children's Place, Gymboree, Amazon etc etc hehehe

Ee,

no prob, thanks. i got the same info from soho city mths ago too. that's why i was eyeing at hawthorn:p I was hoping to gather some info on which school is really good. so far, i only know that auburn south is the only state school that offers IB programme. the rest, it's hard to tell unless we hv any friends' kids there. but hawthorn is quite big, and bcos of the distance, may not go for auburn south. will choose school which is slightly nearer to city.

i requested for some prospectus and the fees look pretty steep. but nothing beats a physical visit to the school. while i don't want my daughter in a school where she's the only asian, it should not be mostly asians either!

Ee,

Yeah, indeed it's steep...

aurorin,

You know any PD there? Can PM me the name. Where do you intend to bring your gal for MMR and 4th jab of 5-in-1?

Hi Mommies,
Hope I'm not intruding into this thread. Just tat reading all your posts brings back loads of memories. I was in MEL from Yr 1998 to 2000 (was doing my Degree in Swinburne Uni) and again from 2002 to 2004 (kena dragged there cos hub got retrenched, so we went back for him to do his Masters whilst I was a SAHM to take care of Bb plus 1 in tummy).

I stayed in Carnegie (along Murrumbeena) and after tat shifted to Hawthorn (Along Tooronga). I loved shopping in Chadstone, Knox City and Southland. My fav place during winter was driving up to Danedong for Scones and English Tea. During Spring, the wine festival was loads of fun traisping thru the various vineyards.

However, after the birth of #2, I opted to return to SG instead of staying on in MEL for alot of personal and family related reasons. Till today, I sometimes wonder if I made the right decision. Haiz...

<font color="ff0066"> JE</font>
Tat time when I was there, my #1 took her 5-in-1 injection at a normal GP clinic. Juz remember to bring your child's Health Booklet and get them to chop.

<font color="ff0066"> EE</font>
I loved staying in Hawthorne. Nice quiet yet somewhat upmarket area. Near driving distance to areas like Glenferrie, Burwood (for 24-hrs K-Mart), Richmond - get Asian Groceries, etc.

<font color="ff0066"> Hopeac</font>
Your posting sure brings back even more memories. Cos when My hub was doing his Masters there, we were on a super tight budget. So grabbing "great buys" like those you listed were a "highlight" of the weekend. If lucky, we could get big bargains like a big box of peaches or mangoes for just $1 at Vic Mart. Hehehehhe... I also love walking along the shops at Clayton. *day dreaming now*

Hi JE,

I don't have a PD yet. Seems that its easier to just go GP, with our medicare card. If necessary, GP will refer to PD or specialist. I will just do the immunisation with the Maternal and Child clinics for free plus any other developmental assessment. I am going for our first appt near our house the wk after next.

Hey Dymples,
How was it like for you being a SAHM while ur hubby is studying? That's what my life is now :D Heh heh

Aurorin,
Friends are saying if u go PD direct without reference from GP, it is going to be much more exp. For kids, there are quite alot of places that bulk bill.

aurorin,

I'm in Melb now. Touched down last friday. It's very cold &amp; windy. Went to Queen Vic market yesterday. It was very crowded! But managed to grab a few things with my chidren
happy.gif
So, any good place to shop? Been to Hawthorn and Albert Park yesterday. Wah, the traffic is bad in Hawthorn. A 10mins drive became 35mins drive. Can't imagine if were to drive during peak hours. Wonder if it's wise to stay there and travel down to city:p Btw, which GP did you go to? I'm staying at collins st now. Will be moving out once we find the ideal home
happy.gif
How abt u?

Back