A fresh thread looking for JURONG mummys...

<font color="0000ff"><font color="ff0000">Cutiebb</font>
ya lor.. $450 alot hor.. so heartache leh!!! but for more peace at home and when going out, i think its a wiser decision to get a helper!!</font>

<font color="0000ff"><font color="ff0000">Cutiebb</font>
ooohh....
happy.gif
the Myanmar maid at the agency i went oso $400
sad.gif
</font>

connie, cannot, my mum nds the maid to be ard so tt she can go out as and when she wans wo needing to "rush home to cook". and last time when we had no maid, me n her used to quarrel alot. quarrel abt hsework, abt cooking dinner. she'll complain nd to worry abt diner and no freedom, bt i always tell her if she doesnt feel lk cooking then dun nd to, we can always ta bao one!

connie, cutiebb: my fren put her boy in the startots too. think intially he ok with it, aft few days, she said tt he was crying in a corner till vomitted. so she withdrew him and she was pretty upset cuz she say the staff didnt even bother to ask y. anyway, i tink crying is natural la, but till vomit is quite jialat. maybe they dun hv enuf tchrs tt's y this will happen? anyway, my girl is still crying aft 4days of PG. but now im getting quite used to it cuz everytime i pick her up, she still says she wanna go sch the nx day. =)

mummypooh: my girl is at blk 640 RC center PG. under adriot edu. the tchrs not bad. thr's 1 who's particularly observant and caring. im glad my girl attaches herself to tt tchr more. =) the in charge is indian, n sort of the "cannon" type. tk everything she says with a pinch of salt la. hahaha! oh, she speaks chinese fluently. i've seen them bring kids to toilet to pee and diaper change too. i knw 2hr lesson, some tchrs bo chap. only con abt them: the curtains are all drawn, u cant see wat's gg on inside, but they are rather loud so wat i do is, cup my ear to the window n listen hard lor. can hear my girl cry n stop la. hehe!! as for teaching, they use letterland to teach abc and phonics, ive seen worksheets on numbers too. she's in the 9-11am class.

maxmax: yup, in the midst of finding myanmar worker. will pok tis one aft i get a new one. =) every mth have big uproar is really pointless la. both of us also not happy. n i dun trust her w my girl anymore. not tt she will intentionally harm her, but u knw la, when u nt happy at work, ur more bo chap liao. how can b bochap with a toddler!

Jamie, My maid is only good at this point.
She likes to overturn what Iam saying too.
ex : i asked her to cook sweet potato porridge for my boy. put only sweet potato .but when I wake up from my nap I can see slices fish in the porridge. told her not too.. second time she put pork floss.. I fed up, I said " why you always dont listen to what Iam talking ?" then she will said " oh..oh. next time" ..faintzzz
there is once she went out to public phone to call her family without informing me... no manner rite ?

Jamie
Wat I meant is change maid. Cooking n house work no need to rely on this one. U can get 1 in a few days before e old one left.

U mean ur frien son in 682 startots?if nothing done by e teacher to calm down e kid is not good. they got slot for me in April, wonder should I go.

max, wow...myanmar maid also so ex arh, did they anyhow increase price or not....

jamie,really...vomit??? tats terrible....anyway for PG, its always 2 teacher to look after max 18 kids...cant add in one more de....CC also...2 teacher to 12 kids max...as wat i noe

connie, u must let ur ger/boy try then u will noe good or not good...friday the sch got ask my ger to bring back 3 books, which they done their daily exercise in school which im quite surprise there are books, i tot only art &amp; craft and worksheets only...

yun, u can throw away ur maid...keke

Cutie
Wat type of books? Still thinking cos they don have Chinese. My gal can only join in April. Else I might put her into 3 days Pg montissori. They got chinese. Then change her to pre nursery nxt yr.

Cutiebb,
I will.. but only after I due in August
Now can't change maid.. "bo hua"

NEED ADVICE,
My maid still in bond - till september this year.
Iam thinking to bring her to Batam, is it advisable ? I scared she run away la then I will kena penalty $5000 + her bond ($3000)

Hello..

MIA for a few days, went for a short trip.

Jurong mummies, in case you are interested. Here are my items for sales. Please help to spread around. I can give supper good discount if take in bundle.

I want to clear fast fast as most items are stack in the guess room now (storeroom no longer has space).

And, many thanks to littlesunny to help me to post in WTS also. Can't understand why till date I still can't post there.
sad.gif

Under Free Items
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449169/5155612.html?1298791218

Under Want To Sell
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449183/5156041.html?1298746613

yun

Oh.. if not necessary, then dont bring her.
Send to the agency or any reliable relative house during trip.

Another thing if the maid salary is hold up in the bank, they will not run away, unless for desperation situation?

You can call up your agent for advise also.

Batbat,
she has no salary now.. Still owe me 6mos salary (her bond)
that's why Iam worry lo.. But i need her to jaga my son in batam le.. Headache

Yun
Can talk to your agent for any good advise?

Or, is she the kind loving type or open minded.
Ask her will she run away or not?

Batbat n Connie,
I called to agent le n she said better not coz she still owing me money, if she really run away, I will get nothing back n kena penalty somemore... Haiz....
Somemore Indonesia is her country, she need not passport to go back her hometown.

yun tink all maids aer naturally wired to reply "i dunno" "oh next time" and "sorry mam, nx time no more" btw, best if u can hand her over to agent or relative, like wat batbat says.. so dangerous cuz her own hometown somemore..

cutiebb, my fren mentioned that the school has gt 1 main tchr and 1 auntie or smt.. but she withdrew him alr cuz of the vomitting.. oh!! and cuz she mentioned that none of them bothered to cleaned him aft vomitting...

connie, maybe u can tk peeks at the class, c how it is daily before deciding.. abt the maid, ya currently looking for a suitable oe before i pok this one ma. most of them are still in myanmar so will tk a few wks.. btw, u mentioned mmi PG, is it the one at st 5x? the mkt area?

batbat: u so cute, ask her directly if she will run away. lol!

jamie, thats very bad lei....but this Start tots got many branches lei....which one...so far i nv hear my ger mention got someone vomit in class...shes very KPO de, every little thing will report back

Connie,
I really dunno what is her thinking.
I remembered she told me before that she doesn know she need to owe so much money just to work in Singapore.
While she has no bond when she worked in Malaysia before but that is few years ago la...

Ya, think better dont bring her go..
sad.gif

Any mummies know where can buy Blank flashcard ?
Need to DIY some for my boy.. he recognise alphabets le so Iam thinking to do new things for him.

Jamie,
I try to peek but all blinds closed. No way to peek so not sure wat r they doing inside. SO bad, no one clean up the vomit. If kids cry till this stage still heck care, the pg not very good lor. It will scare the kids and have adverse effect.

The talent plus can peek cos not totally closed. but talent plus also no chinese n the teacher look a bit rough to the kids.

The PG montisorri at Blk 673 ba. Not sure wat is the actual no but next to my block only. I just started my son in the enrichment class on Sat, 1st lesson and he came back want to write and color but don;t allow me to hold his hand. So I no eyes to see.

Ask all the experience mummies here.

After your baby sleep grow out of cot, where do you place her / him to sleep?

My gal is growing and the cot seen to be getting smaller. I still want her to sleep in same room with us for first 2 to 3 years.

Is there a mattress with built in bumper edge? I thought I saw before.

batbat, can buy those bed for her, u can go ikea and have a look...i went to see see liao...aiming to change one for my ger...but it means ur ger must sleep in separate room unless ur bedroom is big enough to accomodate the bed...

<font color="0000ff"><font color="ff0000">batbat</font>
My boys are sleeping on tilam on the floor now. We've been going to look at those car beds. Hoping it will entice my boys den i can train them to sleep in their own room (They sleep with us now).

If you want, can try to go look at those kid's bed. Go to those furniture shops, got princess beds, etc. The car bed, so far cheapest I saw $399 for the kind that i wanted. Car bed plus pull out so both my boys can sleep together in 1 room.

I try not to get Ikea bed, coz their beds are not standard size. You will prob have to end up getting their mattress, bedsheet from there. Cannot get those std size single mattress from outside.</font>

max, i saw one from ikea abt $299, which u can extend the size...looks cute, still tinking abt it, but will only wait till end of yr then decide where to buy...

morning mummies....
talking about sleeping... i got 2 queen size bed in my bed room for 2 Adults and 2 kids.... haha... they had all their space so do i.... i have move my wardrobe out of my bed room....

hi cutiebb,
no big, my bedroom only got 2 queen size bed plus a small cabinet to put an 20 inch tv.... no other thing... where got big..... haha

Hi All,
MIA few weeks. Super Duper busy.

Updates :
BB started CC on 14 Feb. till now still not adapt.. and it getting worse. Not only does he cry all the way in CC. Now he is even very clingy at home.
Starting 2 days ago, he wakes up at night and cry and cling on to me. Dun even want papa.

Last time hardly cry one. Full of smiles.
Now he cries very easily, everything also 'buay kam'

When I asked my MIL to fetch BB after half day. She dun want. My MIL moved out of our house after BB started 1 week CC.
So that she dun hv to go fetch him from CC.
Very angry with her.

So now myself, my HB and my mother takes turn to fetch BB back after half day.
We take leave from work. If my mother fetches, she will travels all the way from Toa Payoh to bring him back there and then we go and fetch him from Toa Payoh after work.

Very tiring for everyone. Esp BB. I cannot imagine the emotional stress he is gg thru in order for him to react like this.

Very sad. How?

Little sunny,

Give a bit more time?
Got ask the teacher when he is there, did he cry also, all the time, or first hr or so?

I heard it takes about 1 mth or more.

They says he cries on and off, all the time. Keep wanting to be carried. I know he is scared of one of the Multi-purpose room. He cries everytime they go in.

Hi Ashwen,

Is the mutli purpose room v dark? So yr boy is scared? He always wanted to be Carried, maybe hes has no sense of security. Need lots of comfort &amp; reassurance.
happy.gif

ashwen, it takes up to 6 months for a child to adapt to cc esp if he's been taken care of at home all the while. Nightmares are common too....don't worry ok. He's 2 now? Terrible 2 stage coming i suspect...

Littlesunny

Then I think it is ok.
At least he want the teachers and not rejecting them.

Multi-purpose room? Must be those conceal with no windows or block windows. If go to such room, I also don't like. Reminds me of my poly lecture hall, I always find not comfortable.

Give some more time.
It is hard to go in MFS.

Nanny n maid - also depends on luck.
Nanny also can reject to take care of the baby if they too naughty/active, always sick or due to $$.
My friend kanna this as the retired couple find her boy too active at 1 yrs old.
And, I personally experienced some will look for new baby to take care if the current one is not paying market rate. Extra $50 to $200 mthly is a lot for them.

Oh ya, my friend paid $900 for 5 days with nights.

Last year when I source for nanny, it is already $650, day time only

hi littlesunny,
oh dear i can felt the stress u are going through...... i knew it especially when i see my boy going through when the nanny had an new born at her place and as my boy was too active, he was sort of force to sit at 1 coner, with his pacifier and pillow, can only watch other children play...... as the other children are bigger, the nanny do not want my boy near the bb, the rest of the children was her own grandchildren.... it is so sad, my boy was super happy when i went to fetch him.... that time he was already 2.5 year old, still on pacifier and not toliet training..... i'm so piss off.... in the end i was lucky that my hubby change a new job and got a stupid excuse saying my hubby new job have free childcare service quick took my boy out of her house and then at that time, MMI at Sport Complex just open, have place plus the rate was the same as the nanny, so i rather put my boy there...... within 2 month in MMI, my boy was toliet train though it he took him about 1 month to settle in.... but now he is so happy with the arragement and i can see more thing he learn in MMI rather than nanny place, zero thing.... plus guess what we met the nanny just before CNY, my boy don even want to go near her... though he remember her but just don like her..... actually once we took him out from the nanny on and off we did met the nanny, he is also not happy seeing her.... though she took care of him since birth for 2.5 year.....

talk to the cc, understand why your boy is not happy there? can he talk already???

<font color="0000ff"><font color="ff0000">ashwen</font>
Oh gosh.. i can sense ur roller-coaster emotions. hhmm... let me share my boy's experience. He cried for a whole mth before finally adapting. But difference is that, he will willing go to school (can even tell me, 到学校了, when we are near), but once we reach the door, he start to tear. Initially, i had to juz leave him crying n walk away. That was heartbreaking.

Gradually, became better. he still teared, but he liked 1 of the teachers there, so he was willing to let her carry him over and wave bye to me. It's a transition and he has to get used to the new environment so give him some time.

N yes, he used to have nightmares at nite and would be v clingy upon reaching home. Separation anxiety. Coz though home, he's afraid of having to lose u again, so he tends to cling on to u. I suspect u are the one bringing him to school every morning rite, not daddy. So he's afraid of losing u, that's y dun wan daddy, only U

I experienced this for about 2 mths i think. Got really irritating, coz I cannot go toilet!!! My boy will wanna go INTO the toilet with me. Cannot leave his sight even for a few seconds. He will come crying looking for me. That was how bad it was. But thankfully it's all over.

Now he's enjoying school, but this yr, he start to tear again, when go into the classroom. coz he got promoted to N1 and they changed classroom. My boy has to take a long time to adapt.

Is there a teacher which ur boy especially likes or is close to? Mayb she can help allay his fears and slowly guide him to enjoy school. It's not healthy for him to start rejecting school even before going. It shows that he's not really enjoying school. But having said that, it could also be becoz he's only been there for a short period. Still trying to adapt. Give him some time k.

With regards to ur MIL, *shake head*. very disappointing but i think there's nothing u can do. Can get ur hb to talk to her? coz if this goes on, ur boy and mum will be v tired. U n hb's progress at work not v good. Always taking half day leave. Imagine what will ur boss think (*i'm thinking from the employer's point of view here*)</font>

Littlesunny/Poshies,

Yes, having nanny does not mean is always the best option.
If lucky, can really find good one. If unlucky, you do not know what happen inside the house.
Think of it, it may be worse than CC. Cos the door is close, not like CC where windows open, and still have people walk pass.

Maybe I watch too much TV or see too many gossip news. Nanny n the her family can also do many "funny" things to our baby. If you remember recently on the news, a foster parent (the man) also do something to one of the baby whom the wife is taking care of.

Sigh.

Dear Jurong Mummies,
thank you to u guys for ur support. What wld I do without u guys.

Rgd my MIL, we give up on her liao.
She was supposed to go to my BIL place only in Apr as their new bb due in Mid-Mar. So she suppose to go their after confinement over.
But Monday BB start CC, on that friday evening she told during dinner outside, she told us next day wan to go my BIL house. We tot is visiting. So we said ok. Then she said I am not coming back. We were all shocked. esp my SIL (who arranged for her mum to stay with them for confinement) We tried to talk her out of it but failed. When I reached home I realised she already finished packing everything, including the pots and pans!
When I saw that I knew no need to say anymore. No Pt. I dun wan to beg her if she is so unfeeling.

ashwen, if i recall, your MIL doesn't really take very good care of your boy too right? I couldn't wait to get rid of my MIL...even if i have to take leave or unpaid, i will because nothing makes me happier to be rid of her. Maybe she feels since finally your boy can go cc liao, don't need her anymore? Or maybe all along, she is not happy to stay with u all also...

Ashwen,

Re: Mil
I truely can understand hw u felt abt yr mil, coz My mil is d same when she moved out of my hse. Told us tat she Will only pack her rice Cooker &amp; a slow Cooker. But in d end, she woke up early in d morning &amp; "comb" d whole Kitchen. she took whatever that she bought w her monies. When I went to d kitchen, I reali gota a shock of my life. Seeing two big black rubbish bags filled w kitchenware. From that day onwards, I didn want to talk to her.

Yun, the startots is at blk 682 I tink.. She sstays 680 so nw wanna find another PG nearby..

Connie: 673 has mmi PG? Ok tmr morn I go tk a walk n see! I knw thr's a PG at e blk opp the bus interchange. I forgot the blk # bt I spoke to the tchr b4. She's pretty gd. Bt dist nt gd for me.. Btw, e PG my girl is attending has 3 tchrs in e class too. They draw curtains too so everyday hv to press my ear on the window.

Jamie,
There is a few pg near interchange. FOr once I thought the little learner is good but the distance might be an issue for me. If my gal go to pm section, it actually crash with my boy cos maid need to walk him to sch at 1115am. SO if she walk him to the pg means they will have to take bus to my boy school. If both need to carry then issue arise.

Edufarm called twice to confirm on pm section. I'm still thinking should I let her go edufarm or downstair montissorri.Planning for her to take till end of the year as I had enrol her to my boy pre-nursery next yr.

If you check with them, can say I recommend? Then I will have 5% discount for my boy. hee hee

Cutie,
Ya, most probably will cause the pre-nursery are Chinese TEacher so if her understanding power of mandarin is poor then will have issue.

Someone mention that Edufarm n Talent plus no chinese. Little learner have chinese and student are learning pi hua.

Back