A fresh new thread to locate SAHM of yr2006?

CG
Jubilee briefing, I went 3 weeks back oledi, that time kenna roped in by another mummy to attend the ones for May babies. Ya, next week will be S's first week at Jubilee too, but cos me and hub r serving in 1st 2 services on that day, she will stay for 2 services :)

Eh, you are a afternoon gal hor, always like to hang out from 4 onwards. Will like to join if it's the morning, cos evening traffic will be horrendous on ECP and I dunt have the guts to drive with those F1 drivers then.

Shauna
Ya, agree with CG that JWT kids is v v good, I send S there too. The teachers there r v loving and the equipment fun. In fact, I tried JWT Kids, Gymboree and MyGym and settled with the former due to the teachers and the equipment.

Pebbles
I would love to join you gals....but if it's in the mrng then I gotta give it a miss cos S is still attending school. If it's late afternoon, I will definitely go!
Yes, both of her teachers told me n fil that she is more advance as compare to her classmates at her age.

Cheri
N's birthday celebration sounds fun. What do they do in the party? I think I will also do it small n simple for S for her 2nd bday. Probably a dinner out with family then few friends over for play.

Aishite
Sha is attending school. I always plan her activities in the afternoon, after her nap, then not so rush for me as I also need to cook her meals.

Elmo
The timing has changed to Fri 4-6pm for the home playgroup.

Cheri
We are also planning for a small bd party, invite a few kids so that she can have some fun.

Elmo
jus one word to descr Summer... amazing
happy.gif

Cheri
Glad tat Nikki had such a gd time at her bday celebration
happy.gif
did she hv many cousins to play w on tat day? btw for such a small no. of guests did u arrange for catering or Chris prepared the food? hmm i still dunno whether or not to hold a party for cay...

CG
wld love to join u at sentosa cos wan cay to overcome his fear of sand but most prolly clash w his naptime cos he only woke up at 11.30am tdy... must be the nice weather...

Hi mommies,
thanks for the recommendations! Definitely gonna check them out! aishite, Teacher Lavina sounds impressive. I'm emailing her for a trial. ")

Cheri-
Happy bdae to N!

Lin-
wah, 11.30?? sidney is like a rooster, wakes at 7am without fail.

Shauna
I PM-ed you Lavina's hp, she responds faster this way than email.
Cos this week is her last teaching week, after which she breaks for 3 weeks, so if u r keen, u can try to catch her for some classes. I attend the Wed 9.30 to 11 am, so if she has slot, then maybe we can meet each other there :)

elmo
wow!!!! S has the spoken vocab of a 3 year old!!!!!

shauna..
what rooster??? CY wakes up at 6am!!!! dunno whats wrong with him. watever time he sleeps, he wakes the same time...

notti cy
think the difficult period is coming. CY has been throwing quite a bit of tantrums daily. it seems he wanted something but cannot tell me what. or he doesnt even know what he wants (more likely)...

his speech is still very limited (around 40-50 English words- he is still naming things mostly).gets upset over the slightest thing. a overturned truck. a stucked wheel...thats all it takes for him to have a meltdown.he used to be able to correct things himself (turn the truck over) and he knows how to indicate 'help (sign) please (say)' but will rather have a tantrum following some unfortunate event.

sometimes i get so tired of his unreasobale tantrums which in adults eyes are so dumb!
ARGHHGHGHGGGHHHHH

aishite-
din receive the pm. could u send it again? would love to join u in the same playgroup.. haha. must c how it turns out nevertheless.

cy-
wah, 6am is really early!!yeah, mine wakes up at the same time everyday! we dun even use an alarm clock.
sidney is getting abit better these days. told u abt the tantrums and the screeching. its kinda died down abit, esp after we've stopped making him walk n stand against his will.

i hear they turn into really nice little people when they get to age 3(coz they become so eager to please by then) so we've got quite awhile to get there.

Shauna, CY
same thing lah... sidney, CY r roosters... cay is an owl
biggrin.gif

CY
think our lil ones r getting frustrated cos they're hving more and more a mind of their own now but facing difficulty expressing their wants. cay oso throws tantrums everyday... worse... everything oso no-no-no-nooooooo.... so difficult to get him to do things now... eg drink his water, clean his mouth, wash his hands etc... every lil thing must coax, trick, cajole, etc...

shauna
nice ah????not so sure...im just praying that if he is difficult as a bb and toddler, he will giv eme less trouble when he grows up...o dear, hope im not hoping for too much...
sad.gif

sidney naps for how long huh? im think CY sleeps too little...haiz...

Shauna
tats gd to know
happy.gif
yah sometimes the more we force them to do things... the more they refuse to do them.
btw ehh... not v true leh... my niece was a terror when she was 3yo!

CG
Oh ok, it's at pawprint's plc? sorry wasn't follow the infor as thought u gals only will plan it in the mrng. Pls update me, thks!

Lin
It's very amazing that Cay can sleep till so late. Is ur room very dark? S wakes up almost the same time everyday too, between 7.10am-7.30am. Rarely she will wake up around 8am.

CY
Think the tantrum stage is time to time. He is probably don't knw how to react when he is agitated or can't express his wants n needs. After a while it will be better when we pay more attention n try to understand them. S has been on n off the tantrum stage. Now is alot better cos she is able to tell us exactly what she wants n not want. But then again, sometimes pay too much attention might be a bad thing too. Just have to juggle abit here n there. Now when S is being grumpy, I will see what type. If she is just purely being unreasonable, I will ignore her then she will stop. Otherwise, lots of talking, hugs n cuddles might do the trick
happy.gif

cy-
sidney naps for abt 2- 2 n half hours in the day and sleeps abt 10-11 hours at night.
CY's not difficult is he? he seems like such a nice boy,and the mild temper u've mentioned before..

and the best part? he packs books aside and is a budding engineer (makes me laugh when i think of how u think he would be a foreman..)

elmo-
its at my place. come by!

lin-
now u're scaring me..urghs.

cheri-

Elmo
hmm no leh... our curtains r light colour so it can actually get quite bright in the morning. cay wakes up so late is bcos he sleeps v late.
so gd hor... Summer now able to articulate her needs and wants
happy.gif

Shauna
hehe no lah maybe my niece case an exception ;)

shauna
well, he is still quite mild. but he has his meltdowns...though he is mild, his voice erhmm.,...quite high pitched, so when he whines...errkkkkkk....so im in kinda fix lah.

i rem 'meng4 mu3 san1 qian1' and just figured CY's future lies in the contruction line!! i have so many contructions going on around me now and CY is contantly going 'dung' (for dump truck), 'dig' for digger(Excavator) or 'tuck' (f0r truck)...still bb talk...haiz...

elmo
think it'll be sometime before CY can tell me what he is feeling. really he is not the 'feeling' or 'expressive' type. maybe i should get some books on feelings, then he can relate to them better. realise no point teaching him anything now. he wont learn anything if it is not from a book
sad.gif

Lin
Hmm then he is so well-trained by you leh. Up to now S woke up latest for just one time is 9.50am...then couple of times at 8am...that's it!
S's expressing power ah...good n bad lor. Last week her english teacher just told me that she is "controlling/manipulating" her classmates...even teachers in the class! She is very very very bossy now! She will order whoever playing with her to stand up/sit down/lie down/push the pram/wear the hat, etc etc. Even when we read book to her, she will tell us:"Not like that, hold like this..."
angry.gif

Lin
but cay can really sleep long leh. even if he sleeps at 12, he is still sleeping more than 12 hours a day counting naps? that is really good. i wish CY wil sleep as much. but he will only sleep zun zun 12 hours a day..nothing more, sometimes less...

how to make tots sleep more huh???playing what kinda music will make them sleepy?

CY, pebbles, garfield, CG
my mil is super irritating kind. always repeats herself and blames everyone else except herself when things go wrong. Always talk big and thinks of herself as such a wonderful person. Also always backs out on wat she says... aiyah i can go on and on....
My hubby is the only son (he got a younger sister who is 16 yrs old). I know he feels a sense of obligation to take care of his mother, so i relented by agreeing on moving to a place that is SUPER near mil house. So he suggested another unit at this current condo! ahhhhhhh........
Actually im ok with it, as long as we got our own place and own space to breathe. I also think this location is good , so i dun mind lor. Just hope that the unit we are getting is not the same block, it will be the next block away!
Now the property market is beggining to soften. and we will wait further for prices to drop more, then get a unit for ourselves.

elmo
really, S is fantastic leh. must let CY mix more with her. maybe he will learn to be more SNAG. think all tots will insist things done in a certain way, but most cannot express it thats all.wonderful to have them able to expree themselves. think it is every parents dreams...

CY
S sleeps approximately 9hrs night n 2.5-3hrs day...also less then 12hrs sometimes. I started playing soothing music (those you hear from spas like waterfall sound/bird sound/wind sound) since about a yr ago?!.... Until now myself is used to it...hee!

esther
i think even a unit at your present place is good. at least you can go back and shut her out...eh, just make sure she doesnt have the key to your place....

i know ILs always make themselves very comfortable at their son's place one...liek mine...

dun think prices will drop that much leh. small change kinda drop. in fact hb thinking of moving too. somewhere near his work place next time at yishun. so we are considering north north areas. wanted somewhere with lotsa greenaries...so can bring CY to explore more often.but still thinking lah, have been an easterner for so long, will sure miss the convenience here

my mil
oh ya, my mil also likes to shout loudly in the house, sometimes she shouts so loudly that randal is frightened and breaks out in tears. Recently, Randal started shouting at everyone, and i think he is imitating her. She usually shouts at the maid, i dunno why she cannot talk properly. I think its really negative example and negative influence to my son's growing up!!

CY
ya i agree, so when my hubby suggested another unit at this development, i have no problems with it. As u said, as long as i have a place to shut her out, can laio.... and also shut her shouting out!

cy

the Brand new readers comes in red, orange, blue, green n purple.
they are not graded.
red n orange features winnie dog, tabby cat, etc.
blue n green has worm, edna elephant, winnie dog.
think purple has otter.

cg
i have a few of worm, worm gets stuck, worm is hot, etc.
they are cute.

aishite
JWT has free play even if we dun sign up for their classes? i prefer free play hehehe...free as in unstructured, not zero cost.

elmo & lin
we had abt 17 adults & 2 other kids (N's cousins). It was lunch so we bot chicken rice, fish head curry, cooked the stuffed chicken, prepared food salad, some finger food for the kids (cupcakes, fishballs, baked fries, mini cornettos (N's fav!) etc).

we din do much cos at their age, can't be organising games for them to play hahah...J did a bit of balloon sculpturing for them, they played ard wif the toys etc. Simple fun.

Elmo
wahahaaa... cant tell leh... summer looks so sweet gu-niang type... she can control/manipulate her classmates?? hehee must be all the boys lah... fall for her beauty tats y at her beck n call
biggrin.gif

Elmo, CY
ehh no lah.. where got more than 12hrs... cay usually sleeps ard 1-2am... then wakes up 10-11am... plus one nap 2-3hrs... so jus barely 12hrs or lesser. was jus thinking the other day tat cay not sleeping as much as he shld be... but his timing really difficult to juggle.

Esther
hey yah ur area really v gd... plus older condo estate usually much bigger... so quite diff to find another one w such gd location and size. think sometimes old pple r like tat... they jus like to shout... esp at the maids... prolly jus wan to exercise watever lil bit of authority they hv bah...

Cheri
sounds really nice n cosy
happy.gif
was actually thinking of doing something like tat oso... jus both side family... order some food plus cook abit... but sigh... some family members scared/dislike dogs... so headache now

cat
not sure if it's red or orange but mine has edna elephant too. diff coloured series has diff animals?

esther
hahah reminds me of the Under One Roof leh...where Dolly will always enter's Paul's house thru a side door...i'm sure u wun let that happen to u...not next door definitely!

cat
N really enjoyed watching the Sound of Music...me too! esp disc 2 where the kids learn to sing & performed for the guests etc.

but she thinks the Baroness is the captain's wife & the kids' mummy! I told her Julie Andrews is Teacher Maria...wonder if it will confuse her when the captain & Julie start falling in love later? how come Papa & Teacher can hug? lol...how ah? skip those parts? hahahha...yet to watch Disc 3 keke

cheri

the animals will overlap in the series
like monkey appears in both red n orange
but worm in blue n green, doesn't feature in orange nor red
kazam doesn't appear in blue n green

cheri
haha ning nvr ask me le
so i not sure but will say they r frens?
oh then later the children no mummy so daddy think tr loves the kids so much so can be their mummy?

esther
hee...I met ur mil that day at Isetan!

cheri
Think I don't even want to invite relatives...just small gathering among our own friends with kids. Relatives will be like big thing liao for old folks.

Lin,Cy
she is like that now lor. but when she plays with me n ask me to do this do that I will ignore her cos very lazy....so she knws that everyone can bully except me...hahaha! In the room, she will ask her daddy push the pram WITH 2 HANDS, wear a hat n walk around at the same time..kakkaka! Downstairs when playing with old folks in the playpen, she will ask them to stand up to dance n sing....the whole time!!!

cat
i tried to tell her the baroness is not mummy but she kept insisting it's mummy..still can tell me...mummy so much hair! (all bunned up type!) keke. Think to her at this age, every child will hv a mummy & daddy...

elmo
hahahah wear hat & walk ard...actually, it's really true. Wif a kid in the house, there is so much more 'life'! The older folks dun mind being twisted ard their lil fingers...my dad actually allowed N to poke at the sides of her bd cake repeatedly & she was happily licking the cream off yesterday...b4 we even cut the cake! When i saw it, just shook my head at him & told him "U r spoiling her"...his reply "My only grandchild, wat to do?" faint!

Cheri
Your house can occupy so many adults!
Did you help N to make her bd wish? Hee hee!
My parents and siblings spoilt Sha a lot, but every Tuesdays I close one eye... what to do??? As long as it is not too much.
Basically they just spolit her by allowing her to eat what she wants to eat.
For toys, I don't allow them to keep buying, and they only tell her "Just play a while then we go", and she is alright with it.

Elmo
S is so smart and advanced!

YY
All children has different characters and personality. Some are at their "terrible stage" at age 7 n above.

Lin
I manage to adjust Sha's sleeping pattern.
Mon-Fri, if she has to attend school, she will wake up at 730am.
Before bedtime, I will tell her to sleep earlier so that she can wake up early to go to school, and wo fail she will wake up at 730am)
Fri-Sat, I allow her to sleep and wake up anytime she wants. Then normally wake up after 9am.
Much easier for G and I, especially Fri or Sat nights, we always come back home after 12am.

Esther
Sad to hear that your mil is not setting a good example to R.
When G and I argue, it is our agreement not to fight in front of Sha. Though it is hard, we are trying hard.

CG
where are you all go on fri n sat till so late? for me I am quite robotic i guess. nomatter what I want to be home latest by 9pm unless otherwise like attending wedding dinner. If not usually by 9pm back to prepare her to zz. I don't like to distract the pattern I've build into her...then got to start all over again.

Talking about wedding dinner.
One of my friends asked: If you have to attend wedding dinner and a funeral on the same night, which one would you attend, and why?

We normally have dinner with our friends (they will bring their children too), or G will bring us out for shopping then supper.. hee hee!
But some Saturdays night, I will go out with personal friends till pretty late, and G will take care of Sha, and makes her sleep.
Actually this is the best period for me (finally some freedom for me, hee hee), when Sha is much more independent and not so attached to me.
And if she is sleepy, she is ok to sleep outside, I just have to pass her mini blanket, hahaha!

CG
SO nice...so far I yet arrange any late outing with my own friends...I don't think D will be able to handle her lor...
Funeral can go earlier before dinner?!

My friend replied: Should go to the funeral, cos those family members/relatives who are still alive, need our presence and comfort.
To attend wedding or not is secondary cos others can still give them the blessings.
Haha, I think traditional custom, it is not a good sign to attend both on the same day.

I don't take going to funeral as a very bad thing leh. Going there to show some respect n give some comfort...that is it. I mean if someone come to my wedding n tell me that they just came frm a funeral, I will find it totally fine. Esp we are a christian/catholic.

elmo
hahahah J & I r planning to for a durian feast after she sleeps one nite...we oso dun really disrupt her sleeping pattern unless weddings or family gatherings that hv no choice but to run late...guess we r not the supper, nite birds type...by 11 pm, J is sleepy liao hahah

cheri
hee..that is so fun..run out for durian feast..hee! hb lately has been asking me to go movie just 2 of us. Think will try to do it soon. We haven't been to any movie since the night before I gave birth...

Elmo
Should be no problem, right?
Pretty soon, your maid can help. I think once a while, out for midnight show, it's great for couples!

elmo
dun need to wait for maid lah
you hv other family members at home. If S really wakes up & cries, get them to entertain her a while lor...

CG
midnite show, J will end up snoring inside...that was wat happened when i first know him & dated 9 pm show...gosh! he was lucky i din strike him off after that lol

Back