5months baby boy not drinking milk nor taking cereals.. help needed

sungrapes, anthea been drinking NAN1, stool ok not super soft nor hard... very nice.. recently transiting her to similac step 2 coz its fattest and highest calories, stool becomes harder and green...

clarissa,
rolled oats r those whole pieces of oats tat u need to cook 1st vs those grinded instant types. u can make it porr-like by adding meat and veg. my boy tried muesli once with the jar type n he liked it..juz wanna add mre variety to his diet.

im a red meat person. love my steaks medium-rare..so really hope my son will take after me on tat. im hvg so much fun cooking for him. cant wait to gv him other types of foods, but my mum keeps saying porr is the best n keep telling me not to gv beef..she say gv fish, but oso cant gv evday rite? i oso think beef is gd leh!

edde,
din noe similac is fattiest..no wonder like got so many bubbles compared to nan. thks for ur reply..noe u really tired. hope evthg is well with anthea. take care.
happy.gif

where r all the other mummies??

edde
i compared the calories for similac and enfapro. stage 2. enfapro has higher calories. simi is 68, enfa is 70 for every 100mls.

sungrapes
i'm still here. dun really have anything to add. cos ashley is still status quo.
sad.gif
still feed in sleep only. and still pushing away in sleep also. i only found one other mother on sgmotherhood who feeds her girls in sleep. there was one old thread but not active anymore. how come i'm so unlucky?

Hi Valc,

According to a nurse that I've talked to. It's ok to let bb have egg yolk after 9mo, and egg white after 1yo. To play safe, can give both after 1yo. She also added that it's important to let bb have egg before giving bb MMR jab at 15mo.

Hi mummies,

Been missing for quite a while.. Cos was on leave staying at home looking after my boy on my own. It's not easy. I didn't manage to have a single moment for myself. Everyday the routine will be milk feeding (half an hour) - playtime - washing - preparing lunch - lunch time ( 1 hour) - cleaning - milk - playtime - preparing dinner - dinner time - cleaning - playtime - milk... never ending cycle... so tiring.. But hor, after seeing him learning to walk by holding on my hands, so cute and funny.. all the tiring thots went off!
happy.gif

Wow Sungrapes, you are so adventurous! I wish I'm as creative as you when comes to cooking meals for my boy. He's having almost same type of vege everyday, but with different meat. He has tried pork, chicken, fish, thus far. Hmn.. Good idea, should let him tried red meat as well, so that he won't be fussy at foods in future.

Hmn.. After reading your posts, I got so many questions to ask u.. Hope u don't mind.

1. which part of beef do you use?

2. Yoghurt - you used PAUL'S yaghurt to make your own fruit yoghurt? But Paul's comes in pretty big tub, do you scoop abit out each time and refreeze it again?

3. you mentioned that put chicken breast meat in the pot and cook small fire till it melts?? Will the meat melts? How long do u need to cook that then? paiseh, I don't cook often, so if this is a quickest way, maybe I can try next time.

4. do u put swiss cheese in your porr? Does it smells/tastes funny?

Hmn.. You said your boy's poo got bits of vege and millet? Think it's becos vege ang millet mainly fibre, that's why it's normal that they came out with the poo.

My boy also keeps bumping his head when we put him in his playpen. He even bites a small hole on the net of playpen, then he tried to pull the string.. The hole getting bigger and bigger now, he will crawls out by himself one day... Hahah..

Hi Clarissa,

Haha.. Your boy likes to walk and eat porr?? That's amazing, I wonder how do you feed him porr while he's walking!! My boy doesn't open his mouth at all until we on his favourite Jap cartoon show for him -- that one called Mistin and Dragon boy... He laughs non-stop watching that show, so that's the only time we can put food in his mouth. Nowadays, I need to bring along my portable DVD player wherever we go!

You mentioned that your boy likes yakko toufu? May I know what toufu is that?

hi sonic, when i mention he likes to walk and eat porr, it means, he likes us to carry him walk around than he will eat his porr... than gotta play and talk to him, make him laugh. he seldom watches TV. maybe thats why he dun really gets attracted to it. He looooooooves to walk ard the garden. very tiring for us. and i think the hours he spend in the garden more than hrs spent at home. cos its like, i will bring him out for 1/2 hr or so...come back home for 5-10mins, than he fuss fuss, than my hubby bring him out walk...than come back... than after awhile he fuss again, than my maid bring him...its like that non stop lor.. at my MIL house, my maid and MIL take turns. VERY Bad Habit i feel.. he eats outside, play outside, swim outside, sometimes even goes to sleep outside... sigh! like some wild kid like that..how? but if dun let him out, he keep fussing fussing.. outside he's got many friends.. once he see the rest of the kids, he sooo happi lor. today i shifted into my new place and he's got no friends here. feel abit sad for him
sad.gif

he is ok with toufu. i bought from cold storage. sungrapes mentioned that its the best amongst all the rest of the toufu. its very much like the chinese toufu.

sungrapes - yes beef is good. everyday fish super boring. i will try beef stew when ricco reaches 9mths. i wanna try giving him 2 times porr am, and evening and 1 time cereal in the morning soon. hah, meaning his milk intake will suffer. but bo bian le.. thats how kids should learn how to eat i feel. just like adults - 3 proper meals
happy.gif

ValC, yap my PD also says eggs after 9mths. i will give after 12mths. think safer.

hi valc,
long time no hear loh!
happy.gif
tot u went holiday with hb!! Milan or Paris?
happy.gif

think many mummies do sleep feeding oso, juz not open abt it. i used to do it, till now still do it smtimes, esp his b4 bedtime feed and in the middle of his afternoon nap..but he's taking to NAN quite well. wen i put the teat in his mouth, he will protest, but once he taste is diff milk then he willingly drink..tatz the feeling i get lah.

valc, enfapro has higher calories? oh then maybe i read wrongly.. i am bad at reading labels.. but fats similac is so much higher than the rest rite?

my nanny wants to give anthea quail egg yolk. she said very gd to beef anthea up. so i let her go ahead. i am not too particular abt giving fd at certain age.

clarissa,
so ur new plc got garden anot?
happy.gif
i think itz ok to spend mre time outdoors, then to coop up at home. u hav the luxury of havg ur own garden..maybe build a treehouse for ricco lor!

sonic,
i totally understand wat u mean..my nanny went back m'sia for a wk and i took care of my boy alone. really work non-stop like his slave, but itz very enjoyable tho tiring..wen i watch him zz,he looks so sweet,evthg is worthwhile.
happy.gif

ok..to answer ur q..

BEEF- if u buy frm supermart,they have ready cut small chunks called stewing beef,but these r thawed meat,so cant freeze to keep. if u go wet mkt,juz tell the seller u wan beef for bb, ask them to mince it for u. then u can go back and freeze in small portions and use as and wen u wan. basically use lean cuts, dun get those with visible white fats ie. ribeye,sirloin. (round eye is ok).

YOGURT-the brand got 3 sizes. u can buy the normal 200g carton to try. i make my own yoghurt using Pual's brand as the starter. juz put abt 4tbsp yoghurt into 1cup hot milk and leave to stand abt 10hrs, the milk will becm yoghurt and u chill it for future use. yoghurt technically wun spoil cos itz alrdy fermented. if u keep it too long in the fridge,it juz turns mre sourish tatz all, but still edible. i buy the big tub,store in fridge and scoop watever i need.

CHIX PORR- this 1 is i accidentally discover. i recall some recipe say put chix breast with the raw rice to cook,so the porr got flavor. but after the porr done, the chix meat oso disintegrated,which is better anyway
happy.gif
i cook abt 1.5hrs which i think is abt the time porr is soft enuf..so kill 2 birds!

i haven put cheese in porr yet, dun noe how it will taste like leh! but there r recipes i came across say ok to do so..mayb will taste like those baked rice with cheese?

i read some mummies say millet is gd,so i juz try lor! but reminds me of those birdseeds leh! i think itz the same?? but evtime c the food in his poo makes me wonder if anythg is digested properly anot! i alternate brown rice with millet.

actually, there's another mummy in the dec thread alrdy gv her bbs mee sua,kway tao,macaroni etc. wish i can, but i dun dare try..dun noe how to cook leh. even porr i cook can burn.

ur boy sounds so cute, can dig 1 hole in the playpen, planning his escape?

mummies,
egg white gotta gv b4 the MMR jab cos this jab they use egg white as the base. so if ur bb is allergic to egg white, then MMR muz KIV or cannot gv...

sungrapes, its not my garden. its everyone who stay there's garden! if its my garden than at least i can say its still 'at home'. but no lor... oo ssbecame like wild kid. reminds me of the boys who practically live at their void deck with their maid....

i din know chix supposed to cook this way. i think this will make giving chix easier!

wow edde, you are adventurous le... quail egg yolk... why dun you try beef stew? i think will also beef the kids up

clarissa,
OIC! but i'd still prefer outside in nature then stay at home watch tv. hehe...reminds me of those kampong days wen the kids go out play marbles..
happy.gif
play outside gd oso cos can expand thier energy=hungry faster=eat more!!

the chix thg i oso dun noe at 1st..i juz wanted to cook with chix so the porr will hav chix stock..but in the end the meat melted..lagi best like tat. Aw, now i cook 1 big pot plain porr for lunch and dinner..then i add in diff meat n vege for lunch/dinner.

sungrapes you are soooooooo optimistic
happy.gif
ricco hor, can play wholeday and still not hungry one le...hahahaha.... meaning the more energy used will end up lose weights and not eat more lor...

wow you are really enjoying yourself... you machiam like 'fang tai' hahhahaha.... trying out so many receipes... lucky you, don't need to go back work so soon!

i think of gg back to work i very sian leh..separation anxiety on my part..haha!

will i ever strike toto? maybe shd start to buy...

sungrapes
when you starting work?

i may be going to cdg with my hb. he damn lucky. new roster got europe back to back again. in mid nov. i will have to pump. but will be cutting down on the pumping soon. so not so often. damn sian. holiday also must pump. and worry abt bb. and how things are going to be at home. how to share the maid between in-laws and at home. cos bb will be at in-laws.

valc,
i defer till next yr..but so not looking forward leh..u noe all the plastic-ness and backstabbing..sianzzzzz

gd roster then got gd $$$ mah!! itz gd to go for holiday, gv urself a break and some couple time with hb..travel pcl wor!! wen u come back u will b recharged and happier..trust me!

sungrapes
wat is pcl? it's not first class right? cos only captains get to travel first class.

i know wat you mean about the culture. imagine having to greet good morning, remember everyone's names, say 'thank you for waiting'. i once wrongly accused for not greeting and LSS on my sny. i think it's so stupid. where else in the workforce do you have this kind of thing. i remember being in shock wen i 1st stepped into a briefing room. BUT think of all the japan stations n 100yen shops, eating steak at jnb, all the shopping for bb clothes at ON and gap and oshkosh carters in US. or jus vegging out in the room watching tv and ordering room service and catching up on sleep. so shiok!! and even tho there are these plasticky pple, there are also a fair share of genuinely nice pple you meet on board like you and me ;)

i dunno y but ashley is still not wanting to eat from spoon.
sad.gif
something wrong? she's already almost 6mths. eveyrone her age is taking like half bowl already. ashley's tongue keep pushing out watever goes in.

valc,
ok..at least u travel in biz class loh..
happy.gif
wen ur hb get his 4 bar?

yah man! this culture is very tramatising for young gals like me(last time young mah)..wen i join i still very naive,so kena backstab oso dun noe wat happen..

back to our bbs..hmm..wat do u think is wrong with ashley? hav u consulted PD? u think itz link to her not wanting to drink milk? u shd not gv up, keep trying, she might not b used to spoon feeding. can u try other food instead of rice cereal? mayb smthg sweet like apple/pear/sweet potato?

sungrapes
wat biz class. ycl lah. he jus got his 3rd bar like last yr or something. think must fly 8yrs b4 qualify for command training. even then still have to wait to get picked to go for command training.

i also dunno wat's wrong with her. i think yes it's got to do with her milk drinking also. mebbe she jus doens't like to swallow anything. i tried giving her banana also she dun like. i thought all bbies like bananas.
sad.gif

hi mummies,
have gone missing as i was on course for 3 whole weeks...wow...there's so much to catch up...

clarissa,
thanks for your offer on the anchovies. i suggested it to my caregiver, and was told no need to add to porr as she use a lot of bones to cook the stock and my ger milk intake is still quite ok...after hearing that, i didn't want to comment much, else she will get angry...Thanks again!

edde,
my ger @ 6mth also like that, i was also worried like u, as I c many of my friends' kids can eat a lot and enjoys food...but don't worry, they will soon get over it. think somehow, our babies need more time to adjust to spoon feeding.

hey mummies, happen to stumble across a website which I would like to share with u...

http://www.educational-toy-guide.com/
http://www.babydevelopmentnews.com/

hmmm...think i will still disappear for another couple of days more.... anyway...may all the babies of this thread healthy and growing well!

ValC,
my ger also don't like banana. She gags upon the 1st spoon. After that, I didn't try again.

Mummies,
is it true that if give bb fruit more than 3x a week will cause bb to cough more often? i used to give apple/pear/avocado every alternate day, then noticed that my ger seem to cough on-and-off for the past few months.... thought my ger was on BM, so suppose to be stronger mah...y seem so weak leh...is it really the fruits that r causing it or is she really weak despite drinking BM?
sad.gif

msworri,
my boy oso has this dry cough on and off..i dun noe if itz anythg he ate cos i dun really keep track..but they say pear is cooling so mayb itz the pear?? my nanny oso say chix will cause cough..dun noe how true, i still gv chix.

mummies,
any1 using air purifier/humidifier? my boy hvg block nose..at nite cant zzz.

Clarissa - Ricco is an outdoor boy! Yeah, going out better than staying home watching tv. But my mum is tv drama's fans. She likes to watch tv when she got time, so my boy will follow. Sigh, hopefully he will do away with that after I send him to care centre next year.

Sungrapes - my boy's both upper big incisors coming out, that's why he pratically 'bites' everything that he could reachs. Becos he always stacked up the toys we put in his playpen, trying to climb out by standing on top of the toys, so we removed all his toys. He got nothing to bite anymore, then turned to the playpen itself.

My boy is having diarrhea and slightly feverish since last week, now getting better. Doc said it's viral infection. Sigh, really have to watch out what goes into his mouth. He's too quick to put everything within his reach to his mouth!

Thanks for the info. Hmn.. I must try to cook chicken porridge with the melting method. It takes 2 hours to melt the chicken with slow cooker or cooking with gas?

I think millet is like muesli, equally hard to digest than any other grains. I let my boy tried Heinz's muesli + apple breakfast cereal, he often makes the vomitting sounds and pretending to puke... He's too lazy to chew!

sonic,
u planning to put him there wholeday?

ur boy so smart,noe how to stack thg up to climb out..
happy.gif
gv him small toys, those he no way to stack type..else in playpen no toys very sian leh.

nowadays got so many types of virus, still can mutate 1,like the bird flu..very scary..wat can we do to prevent? or to strengthen our bbs? i read frm another thread, this mummy say her bb keep falling sick even tho full BM and she say tot BM supp to be best for immune system..

i dun hv the bb slow cooker, so i use gas. but u cut the chix breast to smaller pcs 1st..then juz dump evthg into cold water and cook.

i tried ABC pasta juz now..he likes it alot cos i think he sick of porr liao..he keeps looking at the bowl of food, he noes itz smthg diff..

i hope ur boy is ok now..my doc say if bb got diarrhoea,can gv lactose free milk for time being till he recover.

Yes, I'm thinking to put him to childcare for whole day once he reaches 18mo or even younger if the school is willing to take him. At least he can be exposured to more educative and creative programmes in school rather than watching tv or staying in playpen at home. You are right, it's so boring until he's making noises like oh oh oh... Ah ah ah... To attract our attentions..

Also my boy likes to do this nowadays.. He bumps his head onto the bed, and bends his body till his buttock face up, shaping a downward V. Does any bb out there doing that? I'm afraid he might be headache or something... So everytimes I see him doing that, will quickly turn him back.

Think sometimes it's good for our bbs to fall sick cos that will help to boost up their natural immunity system. Of cos, I'm referring to those mild illness that will recover by itself. I heard BM fed bbs do fall sick often too, just that they recover faster than FM bbs.

Wow... ABC pasta... Sounds interesting. Hehe.. Can share your secret recipes on how to make the yummy pasta?

My boy is better now, just that milk intake affected abit. Yeah, if bb diarrhea, it's good to drink soy based milk or even probiotics drinks like Yakult and Vitagen! Too bad my boy didn't any of them, so stick to his NAN, that's why takes time to recover.

sonic,
my bb does the V thg oso..but i only c him doing it during the daytime wen he's playing/ sitting down then he start to crawl,stop and lift his bum up..tot he might b trying to stand. Aw, i read frm this book abt sleeping patterns and they say wen bb do head banging in the cot, itz their way of releasing tension..haha..i dun noe wat kind of tension bbs have loh! apparently, itz very comforting for them to make rhythmic movements,like head banging or rocking their body.
wanna ask u smthg? r u using NAN3? watz the diff betw NAN2 and NAN3?

the ABC pasta very easy..the mummy say boil in cod fish soup cos the oil will prevent pasta frm sticking. But i dun hav cod fish 2day. so i make chix stock. boil the pasta separately in water with abit of the chix stock(for the oil). then i serve with the chix stock (i remove oil 1st),add some vege and tofu..yummy!!

how do u serve beef?

Hi sungrapes, oic.. bbs also have tension ya... Maybe tension comes from parents keep on forcing them to eat more and drink more.. Haha.. My boy likes to do tat.. Though funny but we try to stop him to do that.

I'm still using NAN2 as my boy still not 12mo yet. NAN3 is for bb from 1yo (if I'm not wrong) and NAN2 is actually suitable for bb upto 3yo, so I will compare first before do the switching. If NAN2 offers higher nutritional values, I will stick to NAN2 longer. Let me do the comparisons first and let u know later.

Happen to come across this article, sharing with you ladies. Now then I know the difference between probiotics and prebiotics...
http://www.biotechsingapore.com/ttd_bizenterprise/Singlenews.aspx?DirID=38&rec_code=91048

No beef for my boy yet. As we noticed that he doesn't really like meat. He prefers vege. So we thought to give him more time on white meat like chicken and fish first, before introducing him red meat. But if I'm to cook beef for him, I will follow the usual way I did for other meats, ie. put the meat together with mix vege in a pan, simmer for 2 mins, transfer to blender to blend them till stickly paste, then mix with cereal or porridge. I find this is the easiest way to cook.

Do u blend the paste before serve? Or your boy can chew already?

sonic,
tis NAN3 is a new product, it was hi lighted to me by this promoter at the supermart..itz for bbs 10mo to 3yo. i did compare, mostly the same execpt for the neucolites(wrong spelling,but u noe wat i mean)..nan3 dun have. I dun noe leh..u compare n let me noe wat u think. im gvg him nan3,juz started 2day..juz nice finish his tin of nan2 and he's 10mo 2day n i bought 1 tin to try. but was thinkg nan2 frm 6mo can drink,so he can have it till turn 1yo. aiyah! very confusing!

normally i make plain porr with stock (enuf for lunch and dinner). i scoop amt i need for each meal.cook vege separately then chop and add to porr. the meat like chix/fish, i will chop wen raw, then add to porr last stage. i find like tat oso quite easy. the meat is like minced, he can manage ok. but for beef i still blend,cos very chewy even tho is alrdy minced.he can chew, but eat super slow, me no patience leh..so blend loh!

hi sungrapes and sonic. my son does the V often too
happy.gif
he usually does this when he tries to get from either lying - sitting or sitting-standing position. i don't think its got anything to do with stress le...

i just bought the 'super baby foods', hoping to give more variety to his food. everyday i see him eating the same old foods, i also bored of it
happy.gif
i tried giving him potatoes with milk and cheese, he gags..hahahha...am gg to try again this weekend. i think its healthy good food. still no tooth for him.. thus foods still needs to be blended. he sure cuts his tooth late
happy.gif
oh, my son did was able to manage 'pa pa pa pa' on his 8th mth BD! i guess he doesn't know he is actually mouthing 'pa pa'. i guess to him, its merely single syllabus
happy.gif
wonder when he will manage 'ma ma'...hahhaha

clarissa,
my bb seems to be calling me "ma ma" when she is 8mth...but now at 9 mth, i didn't hear "ma ma" anymore (sad)...she now call me "nan nan"... haiz...me only happy for a month...haiz

sungrapes,
My bb's porr ingredients are not cook separately...caregiver simply blend everything together b4 cooking. my bb still toothless..so must wait till got tooth then don't need to blend is it?

msworri - how old is your gal? still no tooth? i was getting abit worried cos my son at 8mth plus abit still no tooth in sight
happy.gif
and i hear friends with kids my son's age having 2 cute little toothie!
happy.gif

i think hor, they are not actually calling 'ma ma' or 'pa pa' but merely experimenting with single/mono syllabus sounds
happy.gif
maybe she got tired after mouthing mama for 1mth? hahahhaaha...aiyo, i long for the day i hear mama from my son's mouth!

clarissa,
my gal just turn 9mth, not even a sign of teething..haiz...but the GP told me is ok, some kids wait until 1 yr plus then start to teeth...aiya..just that I can't wait to see them coming out....
happy.gif

gee...i think my gal knows leh...becos she only say mama when she sees me...
happy.gif

Brought my gal for DA. She's still on the 50 percentile...sianz...thought this time can cross the 50 percentile....

My GP told me that MMR, though stated to be taken between 1-2 yrs, should only be given when the baby exceeds 10 kg. He told me that he just gave the jab to a boy who only reach 10kg at his 23rd mth++. Aiyo....think my gal also got to wait quite a while before she is eligible for MMR.... :p

Hi msworri, clarissa,

Don't worry abt the "ma ma" & "pa pa" sounds.. Cos she will repeat that again not too long later, and with more other syllabus such as "wa wa" "ta ta" "ya ya"..or so on.. Just like my son, he's making all sort of noises now, sometimes even "ar....." non-stop as if he is saying "yum seng".....

Haha... msworri, she calls you "nan nan", probably signalling that she wants milk!!

Hi sungrapes,

NAN3 is a new product huh? I thought it has been around le.. Anyway, I went to supermarket & did a check, it's indeed for babies from 10mo onwards. All about the same, but NAN2 appears to have slightly higher nutrient values, esp on DHA, ARA.. And also the nucleotides.. Price wise, NAN3 is slightly cheaper. but since NAN2 is for 6mo till 3yo, think I will let my continue to have NAN2.

your boy is good, at least he's willing to chew, unlike mine. Maybe u can just cook pasta till really soft, then let him chew on his own.

sonic,
think these milk companies juz confusing us and trying to 'milk' mre $$ out of KS parents loh!

clarissa,
the super bb food book is it by annabel karmel? itz a gd informative book..i oso have. i started weaning with the recipes in the bk,all ang moh style..let me noe how ricco likes the new recipes.
happy.gif

msworri,
u always the 1 gvg her milk is it? hehe..tatz y she call u 'nan nan'!
some soft foods like potatoes,carrots, those mashy types,u can gv it in lumpy form,dun have to b like puree. they can use gums to 'chew'.

mummies,
my boy was saying 'da da', nowadays it becms 'there there'. so i always ask 'where u wanna go?' then he say 'there, there'..quite funny lor!

after watching the 'bb can read' vcd, she noe how to 'arms up' and words like 'toes'. the bb signing times dvd oso his fave to watch..he's signing 'milk' and noes the signs for words like ball,bear,drink,eat.

every feedg time is so energy draining for me..he takes so long to eat, dun wanna open mouth..he will eat,juz very slow. i try to finish by 30mins, if not, he will get fussy and i oso get impatient liao..is he sick of the food i cook? smtimes, in fdcourt i will gv him abit of chix rice and he will scream for mre..

sungrapes,
do u mean u sit your boy infront of the TV and let him watch "bb can read"?? Must the video be repeated many times a day/week before the bb can recognise the words? Also, do we need to make our own flash cards/pictures that tally with what was being seen on the video and "practise" with bb?

Abt bb signing....I have a colleague who told me her SIL taught her nephew signing and now her nephew (20mth) refuse to speak....only sign all the time. How to prevent such things from happening?

sonic, sungrapes,
hahaha...Don't think I=milk lah... don't know lah...whenever she wants my attention, she'll keep saying "nan nan nan" until I carry her.
happy.gif

msworri,
the starter vcd got instructions on how often 2 let bb watch..but itz really up to the individual.i let him watch once a day,but i gotta sit beside him and demo lor..like the word 'nose' appear then i gotta point to my nose or his nose. there's flashcards sold separately by 'bb can read' series.i got it thru 1 of the mummies frm this forum..but seldom show cos he will grab and wanna put in mouth..u can do ur own flashcards..juz write the words big big and paste picts beside the words.

the bb signing u gotta say the word wen u sign..tatz abt all u can do to prevent wat u said frm happening.itz juz another form of commumication,else itz very frustrating for both parents n bb wen u dun noe wat bb wants.

for me, i think itz quite fun to watch the vcds and c him react to it..better then all those cartoons on arts central. i din start out to make my boy read,juz find it a better option to spend our afternoons 2gether loh.

hi mummies,
brought my boy to buffet dinner and he machiam like super hungry tho i fed him dinner an hr ago! the mouth auto open,no need to coax..then at home like so difficult to get him open mouth lor!! then i forgot i put tobasco in my pasta and i fed him! he oso eat lor!

clarissa,
me gg to the gym class for my boy this sat..i sign up for the trial class..so excited loh!!

sungrapes,
my gal also does d same thing...hmmm, must be that the food outside has more flavours - unlike the cereals/porr ate at home.
*The moon outside always seem to look rounder*
happy.gif

Sungrapes, wow.. How I wish my son can be like yours, share with me on whatever I'm eating in my plate! No need coaxing somemore! And he's smart too, already knew how to sign so many words at this age.

Gym class!! My boy gotta envy your boy, cos yours got so many fun activities while I'm so busy, don't even got time to play or read book with him... *sad*

Anyone bringing your bb to swimming class before 12mo?

sungrapes, i think i will send ricco for gymboree class next week. but not parkway. too far for me. gg tanglin mall one
happy.gif
tell us all about boy's experience at gymboree ok. but i hear some ppl say my gym at GWC is good. am gg there later to check since this is even nearer my place
happy.gif

i bought the millet grains that you talked about. looks sooo interesting le. i have never taken that before. Think i can also eat when ricco eats
happy.gif

i wanted to start giving salmon to ricco and to my pleasant surprise, found out that my MIL already gave a week ago! she somemore give lean pork also. I had tot she only use the stock but no lor, she actually pureed the meat and give tog with ricco's porr. so exciting, i wanna give beef in about 1 mths time
happy.gif

i gave ricco peach yesterday. he likes even with diluted with plain water. go mummies, can try giving your kiddos
happy.gif

sonic - swimming before 12mths...i feel abit too young. why not you bring him to the pool 1st to get him accustomed to the pool and to like water. i brought ricco to the pool when he was 6mths plus. initially he was scared. i think its cos the pool is very vast compared to his bathrub. he takes 2-3 swims to get accustomed. now he loooves the pool. keep wanting to go in when he is near the pool
happy.gif
dun let him, he cry lor
sad.gif

something a mummy shared in march 2007 thread:

MAKERS of the Australian yogurt brand Yoplait have announced an immediate voluntary recall of Yoplait yogurt products from two of its production lines.
The affected lines are Baby Yoplait and Yoplait Elivae. They are being recalled because of possible metal contamination.

National Foods Limited told Singapore's Agri-Food and Veterinary Authority (AVA) that the recall is only a precautionary measure.

'There is no evidence at this stage that any product has been contaminated,' it said.

However, the AVA has advised importers and retailers here to recall immediately all the products which may have been affected.

In a press statement yesterday, the AVA also advised consumers who had bought the products to discard the items and not consume them.

National Foods has told Singapore's importer of the yogurt that only one of the affected products has been exported to Singapore. This is Baby Yoplait Vanilla & Banana pack of 4x100g, with a 'best before'' date of Nov 11 this year.

sonic - i mean too young for swim class. but not too young for swimming
happy.gif

edde, thanks! i read about this too. good thing for past 2 weeeks i stopped yoghurt for ricco.

sungrapes, you used pauls' yoghurt for boy since he was how old huh? i am thinking of buying pauls than mix in my own fruits/vege too
happy.gif
mix vege in yoghurt sounds abit disgusting yah? hahaha... also, have you started giving yolk to boy? if yes, when did you start giving? when he was how many mths? i am contemplating when will be a good time to start yolk.

today i gave ricco potatoes + peas for dinner. he is ok with eating. last week gave him potatoes cheese he gags. and this week he is ok! i am happy
happy.gif
trying to think of new foods for him
happy.gif

edde,
thanks for your info! I was at Cold Storage last week, saw many tubs of baby yoplait, thought of buying, then next day, all of them are swept off the shelf....Heng, I didn't buy any. :p

hi mummies,
came down with flu over the wkend..can die! Heng nv pass to bb.

edde, thks for passing on the info..me nv read newspaper type,so really appreciate it.

clarissa,
me gv boy yoghurt wen he abt 7mo. i gv yolk only once abt 2wks ago,he was hvg this blocked nose, so i stop awhile,2day resumed yolk.i put the raw yolk into his porr then stir stir.

Back