5 weeks pregnant and can't drink anything.

LilyG

Hi Mummies,

I am currently 5 weeks pregnant to my second child, unlike the first, I can't seem to drink any liquids, or else I'll throw it all out. I've tried cold, warm, hot, sweet and sour name it all, but I will ended up vomiting. I'm feeling dehydrated and my lips are dry now. Thirsty! Food seems fine except that I can't eat nor smell anything got to do with rice. That's fine for me, but how about the liquid? I have also tried eating fruits so that I can atleast get the juice from it, sadly I will throw up too. Any mummies out there having the same problem as me? And what's the solution for this? :(

Congratulations!! Try fizzy drinks like Coca Cola, Fanta, etc. Or those isotonic. At one point, only cold fizzy drinks works for me. And try to take watery/soupy things. If you feel too lethargic, keep a lookout for dehydration. You might need to go in for a drip. You would feel better immediately. It is common.

Congratulations!! Try fizzy drinks like Coca Cola, Fanta, etc. Or those isotonic. At one point, only cold fizzy drinks works for me. And try to take watery/soupy things. If you feel too lethargic, keep a lookout for dehydration. You might need to go in for a drip. You would feel better immediately. It is common.

Hi! Currently I am drinking lime water from peel fresh. So far so good. I wanted to try coke as u mention but is it OK for the baby? I tried 100 plus also doesn't work. But I will try the others that u mention. Thanks so much!

Hi! Currently I am drinking lime water from peel fresh. So far so good. I wanted to try coke as u mention but is it OK for the baby? I tried 100 plus also doesn't work. But I will try the others that u mention. Thanks so much!

I asked my gynae, too. Is it okay if my main drink is coffee in the morning and 1-2 fizzy drink in the day? He said, okay. The main concern at this stage is hydration. after 15 weeks need to watch out for diabetics, sugar level etc.

I asked my gynae, too. Is it okay if my main drink is coffee in the morning and 1-2 fizzy drink in the day? He said, okay. The main concern at this stage is hydration. after 15 weeks need to watch out for diabetics, sugar level etc.

Ok, I really think that fizzy drink will help, especially drinking with straw. Bought myself an ice cream soda let's see if it works today. Thanks for sharing ur experience and great advice! Much needed during this stage especially.

Back