3year old continuous cough

Hi everyone,

I am selling off my 5 boxes of singular, expiry is sept 09, $75 per box (28 packs in a box). these are in powder form.

U may PM me if interested
happy.gif

Hi Mummies, i did a search and saw this regarding CordyMax:

WARNINGS

CordyMax has not been evaluated in children and should only be used by adults. Pregnant and breastfeeding mothers should consult a physician prior to use. Consult a physician prior to use if using anticoagulants, MAO inhibitors, or any other prescription medication.

Hi Mommies

My 3 yrs+ boy has sensitive nose too and get chronic cough and running nose quite badly once he is hit by cold/flu. On nights where his phlegm is especially non stop on his chest, I really feel so helpless to relief his sufferings. Could someone share what I can do to help him sleep /feel better? Besides putting vicks on foot with socks, is there other ways I can try? Many thanks

Hi Mommies

I am one of the hopeless mummies finding ways to heal my Child's cough too.. i recently send him for chinese tui na, which says can help to improve his body and cough, after visiting 3 times a week, his cough seems to be improving as in not so freq and if cough, wont take too long (usually 2 hrs) reduced to 1 hr + -. And the MOST bothering Night cough have stopped! onli light cough once awhile now..
happy.gif

The popular one is at Kembangan called YU GUO Tel: 64474761, Closed on Wed.

the one my child went is Bo Kang Chinese Physican & Physiotherapy at Jalan Bukit Merah Central, Doc is Mdm Ho. Tel: 6271 9118, best to go on wkdays.. no ppl de.. Closed on Thursday.

She advice 3 times a week for now.. if better can go 2 times a week. $18 per session.

hi mommies,

my ger of 3yrs old oso cough very frequenty... think is bcos of her childcare and poor immune system...and i really reluctant to give her antibiotics...heard fm my fren that grind dong chong chao is gd...any recommendation to buy "genuine" ones...cos i heard of "fake" ones in e mkt.....

Lo3123

As far as i know from Chinese docs, kids shldnt get too boost on tonics.. not gd as well. Pls visit a chinese doc to chk on yr ger's condition before giving any tonics.
happy.gif
Different ppl has diffenent body condition, tonics might not be workable for everyone.
happy.gif

thks for you advise. i did ever thought of bringing her to see the chinese doc but just worry of the difficulty in feeding her wif medicine as they all looks so yucky... anyway my mil did suggest to feed her wif cod fish oil to build up her immunce system. Have bought it but have yet to let her try....

and my pediatric did tell me abt the lungs tonic that my ger can try...has anyone ever buy it before?

Hi, I am new here and my son now 4 yrs old used to have a very bad cough! I treated him with Asian Pear (Brown Pear) double boil it for 3 hrs with 1 tsp Nan Xing & Bei Xing (Nan Xing & Bei Xing)! Add some Chuan Bei if your child has phelgm!
Till now he is still drinking it if i hear any sound of cough... Meanwhile I have oso been constantly giving him the gummy bears wif echniacea (1 Tablet) daily!

Lo3123:
I think my son has tried using the lungs tonic which your pediatric recommend! It doesn't really works for my son, moreover I am not really keen as it is quite costly, inhaler form & dun wanna my son to be too dependent on it..

hi big size,

the gummy bears wif echniacea, is meant for building up their immunce system? or more for cough? where to buy and wat brand is that?

per session for "tui-na" massage i think is $15, As for medicine,they prescribe according to yr child's needs and charges will depends on yr medicine.

i think tuina now is $20

my daughter also got a lot of problems and she is oni 13 mths. Since 6 mths she start have series of broncities every mth and last week she was hospitalised and doctor conclude is infantile asthma. anyone got any idea how to strengthen so young age...lost now

For my son is mostly abt school virus and diet.

We changed his milk form Gain IQ to Dumex, and we can see tat gain iq has lots of omega and usually the milk bottle is very oily. For Dumex, its less dense, not so heavy looking than Gain iq. den he kinda feels better after changing the formula.

Recently i tried stopping his fish intake and OMG! He stopped coughing even when he is usually coughs before sleep! And we have stopping his fish intake since last mth. Doing very well now..but he still will cough slight if he plays too too hard.

He has already stopped school since vesak, now its only the diet and taking chinese med and tui na once a week for building up his health slowly.

puppygal

do u believe in chinese medication? U might wana try
happy.gif
My son started having broncitis during 17 mths, den recently before vesak say was the 2nd time.. KKH gave him very strong antiboctics frm usual 7 days dosage to 10 days dosage! This realli harmed his lungs, became too cooling for his body and he is heaty based.. so its a mixture of cooling and heatiness.. very ma fan to cure.. now so glad tat he is much better now but we still need to follow up with chinese medication and tui nan.

For tui nan, we had him massaged 3 times a week.. now onli once a week
happy.gif
it onli took abt 2-3 wks to see the results from tuinan, he sleeps better and coughing is not tat bad.

Very often, my girl is contracted with cough and running nose, almost every 2-3 months.
According, to my pedaetrician, it's because my girl is very sensitive to weather change.

I bought this Korean Taekuk ginseng powder from Korea more than a year ago. According to them, it helps to build your immune system and it is suitable for young children.

I dare not try on my girl until about 4 months when my friend told me that it works well for her 2 children. They have been taking that for more than half a year.

As of now, my girl has not gone back to see the pedaetrician despite of the cold weather (touch wood!!!).
I suppose the ginseng powder really works
happy.gif

Hi all,

glad to dfind this thread, My gal has been coughing since CNY and we went to the PD twice and went Yu Guo for many times.

Now the cough is still back. Sigh.
The thing is we stopped her from sweets and codl drinks etc...

aiyooo

Hello mummies

I'm a fresh member and am reading this thread with interest.

My younger darling will be 6 this year and has been coughing on and off for months till we brought her to this Chinese sin seh at Upp Serangoon. Let me know if you wish to know more details.

Cheers

Hi Vone83, thanks for the info, I'm aware of it cos I'm a pharmacist. Many drugs have side effects as well. I made the choice to give cordymax because of the 6S quality process taken by the company pharmanex, go and look at the company's background, do your own research. When my boy was hospitalised, I made a decision to give him supplements as those medications can only relieve his symptoms not cure. I'm looking for a cure. ANyways, afteryou look up the relevent info ( for your own benefit)...you can try it. I've not seen any other supplemet company putting science into supplements, and safety is my #1 priority. he's my son. I've recommend to moms who have the same problem like me and they love it too! I take them as well for stamina. Happy researching...make an informed choice and not based on biaseness..I'm sincere in my sharing.
happy.gif

When a player is flagged as being inactive through this feature, they will no longer http://www.etruereligionjeans-sale.com/]buy cheap true religion jeans[/url] http://www.etruereligionjeans-sale.com/]buy discount true religion jeans[/url] http://www.panbeadssales.com/]pandora jewellery[/url] http://www.panbeadssales.com/]pandora bracelets and charms[/url] receive Honor Points or Marks of Honor for that match. In order for them to continue to gain the bonuses from the Battlegrounds, the inactive character will need to participate in PvP combat.

When my boy was hospitalised, I made a decision to give him supplements as those medications can only relieve his symptoms not cure. I'm looking for a cure. ANyways, afteryou look up the relevent info ( for your own benefit)...you can try it. I've not seen any other supplemet company putting science into supplements, and safety is my #1 priority. he's my son. I've recommend http://www.thomassabosales.com/]thomas sabo charm[/url] http://www.thomassabosales.com/]thomas sabo charms[/url] http://www.panbeadssales.com/]pandora charm products[/url] http://www.panbeadssales.com/]buy discount pandora beads[/url] to moms who have the same problem like me and they love it too! I take them as well for stamina. Happy researching...make an informed choice and not based on biaseness..I'm sincere in my sharing.?》?

Hmm, my kid also face this problem... it is really no good for kids to have continuous cough.. and we have brought our kids to lots of places to treat the ongoing cough.. from western medicine to eastern..

Any suggestions to help?

Hi Zooey, do you have a family history of asthma? you can look into supplementing your kid with the basic nutrition for general health. Then take additional supplements to boost the immunity, stengthen their lungs etc.This is what I adopt with my children after I take the time to find out more abt the importance of supplementation even at an early age. I'm happy with the results, now I give th basic supplements Jungamal and marine omega and occasionally add on cordymax, tegreen, colostrum, G3 etc when needed. They do get colds, cough occasionally but they recover fast, and I appreciate this a lot. I also appreciate the fact that I can take control of their health, and not rely solely on the family doctors or medicine which can only help with their symptoms. I dont know abt other mothers, I truly value health especially for my children and family. So, if you are keen, I can share more with you Zooey, the choice is still yours, I'm glad to share my knowledge to help more moms and children alike. Your kid is lucky to have a mum who wants to look for alternative help with their health, I've seen many who just refuse to change and its sad.

hi zestyzan, my boy has the same prob, always get cough n running nose. Am very sad to see him taking so many cough syrup n running nose med.

can you give me the brand of the supplements that you give to ur kids. Greatly appreciated!!!Thanks

Hi jojo, I think I've shared above, they are frm Pharmanex. You can do your quick research on the brand, but believe me, nothing compared to the 6S quality process they employ for all their supplements something i've not seen in other brands, I can share more in person. Just call me at 98006632. Very happy to help.

Hi..I am a single mum of 2 gals age 4 & 6. Residing in Tampines St 32. One is studying in Pri 1 @ Qiaonan Primary School while the other is in Cherie Hearts Nursery Level. I am working full time as a CSO & doing my own part time Home Massage for Ladies only. Do support me or call me at 83758056 for more queries on my massage. Thanks lovely ladies!!!

Hi A single dad here. my daughter has suffered from same symptom as mentioned. She was coughing as frequent as twice a month for a period of 2 weeks. She finished at least 6 to 7 bottle of syrups which i find very harmful to her. As a result, I resort to bringing her to a Chinese doctor instead. After reading her pulse the doctor immediately diagnose that phlegms are still remaining in her lungs which cause her cough to relapse. He also pointed out that western medication may not be helpful in this case. The Chinese medication provided was say to be able to purge the phlegms remain. On the third day, she totally recovered. Now I am monitoring her condition.

The following works for my kids.
1. Cough Syrup must be given asap when the cough starts.It is useless when it is more than 10 coughs and beyond.You need to wake up even if its middle of night to help your kid.
2. This Chinese cough syrups works but prices can varies greatly from diff shops.African Sea Conconut. (red/yellow packaging)
3. Aircon and Fan should be switched off right away. (Fan worsen the cough as it blows cold air into thge lungs esp if direct)
4. If the flam has gone from throat to lungs, you can sometimes hear hissing when you place your ear against the chest. By this time, it is useless to apply anything, you can only wait for it to stop by itself.
5. If your kid has been coughing for long term, it takes longer time for full recovery since the lungs have been damaged and takes time to heal.
6. Feel the throat, if it is cold, encourage your kid to cover it with a cloth to warm it up. (Do not do this if your kid is too young)
7. Sitting upright helps somehow.
8. Vicks does not work for my kids, prefer not to apply.

Personally i find taking manuka honey works for my kids.
They respond better to Chinese Medicine as compared to Western medicine.
They can take Western medicine for 2-3 weeks but can never heal completely but with TCM, within a week, everything (esp the stubborn phelgm) is gone.

hi parents,may i ask if your kids stil hv cough phlegm vomit prob as mentioned above.have they outgrow n stronger immunity now?pls share with me how u overcome the stages,wat supplements u give,etc?i'm tired n fearful of feeding my 3yr old gal who falls sick every 2-3weeks with western medicine each time.

Hi passila
When my son was btw 2-3, used to cough alot and he wil cough til vomit esp when he is lying down/sleeping position. Lost count how many times we changed his bedsheet.
He is 5 now, immunity is stronger.
I gave Vit C (liquid form is better than gummies), Cod liver oil, manuka honey (occasionaly).
I switched to TCM and realised that he responds v well to TCM and his phlegm clears off in few days after TCM medicine... unless western medicine, can take for 3 wks but still cant clear e phlegm.

Hi amayotaok,my gal exact symptom as yours.does your son take tcm medicine during the attack or tcm med to be taken when there's no attack?can tcm med be taken together with western med during the attack?pls recommend me your tcm,how many times of visits required,cost per visit,is tcm medicine bitter to kids?wat was the diagnosis by tcm on kids who cough vomit n phlegm as for your kid?wat manuka umf should i feed my child?

hi fun,can our kid go for swimming while on cold flu attack or should we sent them for swimming lesson while no attack? dunno how to plan for swimming lessons as we won't know when the next attack going to come.how did you start the planning then?

Thanks,fun.i'l chk it out on swimming

Hi amayotaok.i jus bot fm gnc yesterday on the childlife multivitamin mineral syrup.it seems to work;hopefully my gal wil take it daily.do we feed additional jus vit c on top of the multivitamin mineral syrup like what the sales staff says for very weak kids who need more vit c to boost immunity? exactly,how much ml of vit c a toddler can take in a day?

passila (assamjam),
it cost so much more locally,
do try purchasing from here;
http://www.iherb.com/Childlife-Multi-Vitamin-Mineral-Orange-Mango-Flavor-8-fl-oz-237-ml/6368

Effective today, use coupon code <font color="ff0000">NEV454</font> to have the following value, based on the order amount:
• $10.00 off for any order of $40.00 or more -- greater savings for them, better earnings for you!
• $5.00 off for any order less than $40.00 -- no minimum!
Offer will be ongoing until further notice.
Please note: These coupon offers are exclusively for customers who have never ordered from iHerb.
>>> Let me know if you need help with placing order.
happy.gif

Back