3 weeks old baby boy died

im kinda lost now, i dunno what can i do, i've been asked lawyer about their opinion, they said i need to prove that the hospital is the place that my baby got the virus but how i can prove it, they wont admit it

dear yeni

i dun hv anything concrete, just some thoughts to share...

is that all the doctor said? did they offer any kind of further explanation or a place or someone from higher authority to address yr concern?

if i follow your thread correctly, your baby was born in TMC? and then later went to KKH to seek medical attention...

thus it may not be easy to proof that the virus was contracted from either one place.

would it be helpful to know if this virus is common among babies?

- is it airborne and bb was likely to catch from situation of cross infection when in the nursery or from hospital personnel or visitors (do the nursery allows parents and family to enter the nursery? not forgeting cleaners also enter the nursery to do cleaning?)

- whether it can be contracted from mother during preg or childbirth? (so maybe was passed around by the other babies?)

then whether the hosp is willing to share if there were other babies treated for the same virus or not is another question.

some of the mommies here suggested talking to the medical board... have u spoken to them yet?

Hi yeni,

I m very sad to learn of your experience.

I hope that you take care of yourself while you are doing so much legwork.

finally the final report of the autopsy came out which is state the 1st cause of death is herpes simplex type 1 and second is partial anomalous pulmonary venous connection ( this sickness is congenital heart) and the symptom are look like the symptom which my baby got ( difficult breathing, short of breath, and difficult feeding) but i wondering why after my baby staed in KKH for 2 weeks the doctors cant find my baby sickness and just concern about his nose which is not his main problem ( coz his problem is in his heart, and i dont know until the autopsy report come out ).

yeni> i know that nothing will bring your son back and i know that it may be very frustrating and taxing to even continue to pursue the case. However, i feel for the sake of making sure these doctors don't just treat life unseriously especially our little babies, it will be good for you to write in to the media immediately.

It seems like you have a lot of evidence to show that there is definitely error and inconsistency by the hospital. I suggest you can type everything out and sent it out through email to all the media sources so that your story will be consistent and they can't say that you're making things up. At least, it will make these doctors/hospital be more responsible with such other cases so that your son's life will not be in vain. It's already been 6 mths ago and if you should bring it up to the media as soon as possible. Of course, if you decide that you are tired and need closure and do not wish to pursue the case, i understand too.

take care k.

I feel sad that your young baby encounter such unfortunate tragedy. Dont bottle up your unhappy feelings as you can share your feelings here. Stay strong and take care, Yeni.

Dear Yeni

I'm sorry for your loss.

I suggest you write in to the Health Minister, MOH, KKH and TMC. Just 1 letter to all the parties. SMC only deals with specific doctors. Unless you are certain u want them to investigate into a particular doctor's conduct, then you should also write in to SMC. I suggest everything be written down in black and white and state that you want their reply in writing. This way, you will have evidence of everything they say. I hope this helps. Keeping you and your family in my prayers.

Dear Yeni, just happen to see your post. I personally had a very bad experience with KKH. I'm sorry for your lost of your son. I'm hope u'r doing fine now.

Did you manage to get a detailed explanation on why does this happen?

ps may i know what bad experienced you had with KKH?

the hospital havent reply me until now, i dont think they take it seriously, now im writing to newspaper

Dear Yeni,

I'm so so terribly sorry for your loss... Please write in to the newspaper (新明, 晚报, 联合早报, straits times) and post online n circulate it etc any media u can think of!!

i had a v bad exp w kkh for my first pregnancy too and wrote in a complaint letter. only when i threaten to send the same letter to MOH then they deliver a bouquet of flowers and a hand-signed apology letter to my house but that is rubbish.

what we want is truth and justice!

hi yeni,

very sorry for your lost, please take care and be strong

if it's a heart problem, the pd should have alerted from beginning, as they will do thorough check up on the baby, how could they miss out such an important details? somemore they did notice that the baby was having a difficulty in breathing, how would they decide to do a small operation without briefing the parents about the risk?

i think you really should chase the doctor for an explanation because he owes you one!

it's also very weird if the hospital staffs have treated you differently just because you're not a singaporean, they should treat people equally regarding race, nationality, financial status, btw, one of my hubby's coll's baby also passed away during delivery at kkh, they're not a singaporean also...

Hi Yeni

Sorry to hear about your loss. Hows your case now? May i know who is your PD in TMC? They shd do a thorough body check on the bb when he is born.

My son is also born in TMC. He got a bad flu when he was only 2 weeks old and keeps sneezing and he went thru a mucus test and found out to have catch a superbug. My PD gave him antibiotics at such young age. I felt v sad too then and can understand how you feel. My son is well now and 4 mths nw.

I think you shd get to the bottom of this matter. You have our support.

Hi Yeni,

I feel very sad about what happened to your baby ... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Sometimes in life, terrible things happened

and we dun get closure

leaving us deeply hurt and hateful.

Something terrible happened in my life too ...

so tragic that I went into a psychological shock that caused my body to 'mutate' ...

Lost my fingernails,

did not get my period for 18 mths although Im far from menopause.

Well, life sucks when tragic strikes ...

If those irresponaible people think they can get away with their hideous act,

then they dun understand what is called karma.

A friend once told me

no one will cry for me if I were to commit suicide

Maybe they will drop a tear at the funeral

but after a while,

NO ONE will feel sorry for me.

But I am dead and they are alive and kicking...

Those people are maybe having a good time

but you are suffering ...

Why continue to make yourself suffer this way?

After you have done your best

in getting justice and answers for your darling bb, drop this and move on ...

No one can forget what has happened

But one can choose to recall only happy moments.

May your baby be well and happy in wherever he is now.

Hi yeni,

Really sorry to hear that your child died.

Have you gotten a answer?

When you went back to TMC, was it for a routine checkup for baby? As far as I know and I have 2 children, you do not need to go back to TMC unless it is for jaundice check or a retest of the hearing. Therefore, if they had scheduled you to go back not for these reasons, you might want to demand an answer from TMC too as it could be due to their neglience as well.

Hi Yeni,

I came across this post while doing some checks. I would like to find out more about the follow-up action you took since your baby's loss. I have a friend who lost a newborn at a hospital, and would like to know the options available to us. Is there someway to contact you please? Can PM me if so. thanks!

I am a mother . I understand your feeling. You are doing good for yourself and the baby that is in heaven now.

Mummy got the right to know the truth to the end.

Hi Yeni,

I hope you are doing well. I have lost my baby boy in 2008, had him with me for 4 1/2 months. I understand very well how it feels to lose your baby.

I hope KKH has gotten back to you with a VERY GOOD explanation.

When my son was staying there, there were some questions that we asked & couldn't get a satisfactory answer. We went to the customer service office & made noise demanding answers if not we would go to the media. After that, they immediately arranged for a meeting with all the doctors & nurses involved & answered all our questions.

I really hope you are well, the journey to recovery is not easy.....let's take small steps to get there.

I'm now a mother of 3 - 1 in heaven & 2 on earth.

Back