3 weeks old baby boy died

yeni

recently i gave birth a baby boy at tmc but when the time at birth he has stuffy nose the doctor said it was ok for newborn baby, after 10 days i went to tms again and the doc refer me to kk hospital to check my baby, the ent doc at kk said my baby is suffering from narrowing passage of his nose and his tounge is falling backwards, anybody have same experience with me? is the sickness is a kind of syndrome?

Usually the PD will said that their eye or nose passage way is too narrow that why will be having tearing or nose problem. What do you mean by tongue is falling backwards.. Usually after birth, immediately baby will be sent for various test, if doc did not say baby suffering for any kind of disease then shld be ok.. so your baby now ok? If you hv worries, why dun you go to few baby clinics to check and see if the docs are saying the same thgs.

my baby passsed away already, the doctor at tmc refer me to kk hospital and he admitted there after 2 weeks he stayed there and he passed away

im very confused coz the doctor at tmc said is nothing to worry but went to kk ent doc did small operation for him

im so sorry to hear about your situation. you should go and ask the doctors who treated your son at both hospitals to give you a detailed explaination and report on your son's condition and the reason why he passed on.

There must be a reason why and what he was suffering from. Keep pestering them for it if they do not give you a satisfactory reply.

i did ask the doctor at kkh he said after small operation my son gotten a virus which is i dunno what virus until now coz they said all the blood test shown negative

any of mommies here have same experience with me abouth kkh late treatment and never give proper explanation

that's not an acceptable explaintaion. Keep asking them and demand an answer. They will have to give you a proper diagnosis.

if they say its a virus, they must tell you what type, and what are the complications and how they treated.

i know its hard to do, especially you are all grieving for the loss, but if not, you will not know the reason, and whether or not its neglience on the part of the doctor and hospital.

bring it up to the medical council of singapore if need be. or write in to someone of higher authority.

but demand to know. its your right to know what happened and why.

when i asked the doctor if other babies admitted to their hospital with same condition with my son how will they treat, they said they will treat them the same, thats mean also no hope and no explain

no. they will have to explain what happened. even though they are treated the same, the results and reactions are different.

did they tell you what condition he has, and what caused the death. If they have not, they will have to explain that.

Sorry to hear that.. since you cant get over it yet then you should request them to explain more in details and keep asking till you get satisfied answer.. Actually there shld be a reason cos KKH is quite "KS" as what i knw. A little bit problem they would demand you or baby to admit hospital immediately so guess you should ask more clearly. Moreover they have a lot of trainees doc there so... better for you or your hubby to find out more.

i feel very lost now, im waiting medical report issued by kkh until now havent come out, my baby passed away since dec 24, i feel very frustated as i dunno why he died suddenly

try writing to the forum page and different newspapers. think if it comes out in the papers, the hospital "big shots" will have to contact you and give you a response.

make sure that its not due to negligence that it occured.

did they inform you of the risks that occurs with the operation? and what the operation is for?

the ear, nose and throat doctor did the stent at my baby nose and he said thats small procedure only after 7 days can take out and my bb will be able to breath well and can go back home, he never told me about the risk thats why i feel very shock of his sudden death

yeni, i really feel for you. im so sorry that you have to go through this. its really very traumatic, and what makes it worse is that they are not giving you a proper answer for closure.

they owe you a proper explanation and document the events leading to the situation.

even though they say that the baby got a virus, they have to prove it. the cultures they took should be able to give an answer. don't accept an answer of "we are not able to culture anything" coz if that's the case, are they really sure the baby got an infection. or are they trying to cover up something with that answer.

he was born healthy. this should not have happened! especially when the doctor said its a small procedure.

i know nothing can bring back your little precious. but at least knowing the answer can bring some closure.

he was born full term and healthy eventhough i jab insulin from 6 month of my pregnancy coz i got gestational diabetic, i try my best to bring him to full term and gave birth to him, its very painfull for me when the doctor at kkh said he got virus and his unlucky then died

did the doctor actually tell u what virus he got?

im not sure about that coz very hard to prove. maybe can bring it up to the head of the hospital and demand an explaination. if no reply from them, write in to the papers. coz i notice they will reply very fast once in the papers

Dear Yeni,

No words can describe your loss but be strong and do take care of yourself. I lost my dad two years back to cancer and know the pain of losing someone you love. Jia You!

he also not sure what kind of virus my son got coz all the blood test and culture shown negative

@elaine: thank u, but i feel very helpless now dunno what can i do

Dear Yeni,

Like tubtub mentioned above, maybe getting some media attention on this case will help? You can try writing your story to STOMP website too or call up Wan Bao/Xin Ming to get someone to do a writeup. Lots of people view this website and hopefully, someone will be able to respond and help you.

I am sorry to hear abt your son. Be strong and seek second opinion (talk to the HOD and threathen to go to the top level / press if no conclusion). Important to find out the cause. Else no closure, and you may never be able to move on...

yeni, so sorry to hear that! it certainly is so sad for u. hope you can get the answers that u want. it certainly is very bad of the doctor not to provide enough answers and it felt like brushing you away. if ther's no satisfactory answer, you can sue them! how dare they do that to a young innocent life!! hope you are all right, dear

hi yeni.

all the best tomorrow. do write down a list of the things you want them to answer tom. coz usually tend to forget when they give you their medical answers. make sure that they give you the answers in black and white. so that in the event that you need to sue them, you have evidence. make them prove everything that they say.

especially when they say that he had a virus. make them prove it. if they can't, then ask them how sure are they that it is a virus. and if it is, ask them how did he catch it. is it from a nurse or a doctor or another patient. ask them how come their hygenie level is so terrible. also ask them how their surgery steps are. make sure its not a mistake in their surgery. or any medication that they gave him.

hi yeni

just call up shin ming or wan bao, and even to post up stomp. don further delay.

a mammy deserved an explanation and apology from KKH top level with regards to the lost of a child.

from all the uncertainities from the hosp, i've a strong hinch they are hiding something.

jia you and be strong, we are here for u.

i met them already, they cant answer where's the virus come from, the doctor did give me the medical report but what he said and the medical report is slightly different, like he said on 20 dec he didn't do the culture test but at the report he said he did, luckily i record everything he said inside the tape recorder

thats very disturbing...when they cannot give you consistent answers.

maybe wat sotong said...are they trying to cover up something? did they make a mistake and cause the death?

good thing you taped. force them for proper answers and the truth.

Hi Yeni,

hmm, seems like there is no concrete answer as to what actually happened to your baby. it's a virus and they dunno where it comes from. >.< Have you decided on your next course of action?

i think i will go to smc make complain, is it useful?i dunno why the hospital treat me like that im thinking maybe im not singaporean, we pay the bill very expensive n come out the result like this like they dont want to responsible

hello yeni, our heart goes out to you and your family. As the mummies have suggested, make sure that no stones are left unturn ...demand a detailed report/ diagnosis from the day bb was admitted what they did? what did they fed(medication?) him with? Besides smc, you may also want to inform Ministry Of Health, (bring up to your MP for his assistance to escalate the case to the Board of KK, MOH etc) once you have obtained all the details.

We emphathise with the pain and frustration you and your family are going through, please be strong for the findings, do not give up!!

we mummies want the truth!!!

Hi yeni,

sorry about your loss and i hope that time can heal the pain and sadness in you and your family.

I don't think going to the press,media or even MP can push both hospitals to react that well, they will just tell politically correct answers as they would want to protect their doctors and hospital reputation.

I think if you can afford, seek some consultation from some lawyers. They know the law better and can help you pursue further to get the answers you want. Legal action ususally can force those people to think twice when they talk to people like us, they wouldn't dare to lie cos they have to prove everything they say.

And don't worry, you can always pop online to get support/advise and help from us mummies here when u encounter any problem. I'm sure everybody will be most glad to help u.

Jia You! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

yup i agree with LJG, if need to sign any petitions, we would do it. hope you get the answer and the truth soon.

Hi Yeni,

sorry to hear about yr baby.

write to the paper & forum! keep pestering them for a clear answer...

it is not easy for us to conceive plus we got to carry our baby for 10 months before they can see the world.

make sure that this is not due to their negligence that make it occur.

all of our heart goes to u & yr family.. keep strong!

hi yeni

haven't come online for sometime already. How's everything going for you? are you feeling better? i know it will take time to heal, but hope you are starting to feel a little better at the moment. Do drop by to chat if you feel upset k [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Yeni,

I hope you're feeling better and that the case has had some headway as well.

In a way I do understand how you feel because I had a similar experience with my MIL who was warded due to stroke, was recovering then suddenly worsened due to some virus and then passed away suddenly a few days thereafter.

If to date there is still no good reasoning, please raise the issue to Karen Tan, the Quality Service Manager for MOH. Each ministry has a QSM in place and if you feel in any way that this is a lack of quality care, write in or call her (1800 225 4122) (URL: http://www.moh.gov.sg/mohcorp/about.aspx?id=126). The QSM's job is precisely to investigate into such matters and provide improvements.

Hi Yeni,

I am very sorry to hear about your story!

I think most of doc will say it is due to "virus" if they don't know what is the cause!

Try to ask for detail report. For blood culture, it can only detect bacteria infection and it will not give you anything further for virus type.

Do they perform any lab test to prove that it is virus and what is the indentity of the virus!?

As bacteria and virus are all over the place, it will unlikely be a life threating cause but secondary.

hi all sorry i didnt online for quite sometime coz i was very stress and seeking treatment from the phsycologyst, the autopsy report came out already and the result is my son got disseminated hsv virus type 1 which is me and my husband dont have that virus after we check blood and pcr test, thats mean my son got the virus dunno from where but his life he spent at the hospital, anyone can give me some opinion? thank u

Dear Yeni, i am so so sorry to hear about your loss. My heart really ache for you. Your son's case need to be brought up to the attention of the media.

Back