3 kids & more - how do u cope

hi najmom,
Wow! your sis has six you mean?? wow wow wow!! Jaws drop. which gynae are you visiting? I like to hear 2nd opinion when i get preggy with the 3rd one.

m&m,
I am 33. Wish to have my 3rd one before i turn 35 too. Are you having your 4th one? Do take care! 35th week now, must be feeling very extremely heavy. Rest more!!

Hi Jas, you have 1 more yr to try and give birth birth before you turn 35! Haahaa... actually, my own set age limit is so I won't have to take amnio test! Hhaaa... I am scared of being poked, so I will rather bear the labour pain than to take epidural... irony, hor?

Hi Lydia... did u end up hving to take amnio for #4? When I was having my 1st trimester checkup in Taipei, most women have to take so many kinds of tests to test for genetic disorders which I didn't take for my prev 3 kids in Singapore. When I got to China, realised that the tests here are similar to Taiwan as well. Then I supposed it is due to the culture. Most people here have only 1 or 2 kids at most, so they must ensure that they have perfectly normal kids. It is quite a different experience to try the healthcare overseas coz it is so different. Taiwan is cheap n good to have a kid! I miss living there and wish I can deliver there! Sigh.... they have those live-in confinement places which are like hotel... quite a luxury, I must say but the only cons is that kids cannot visit coz they might bring viruses in. So if you have more kids at home, that might be tough coz that means you won't see your other children for weeks. Oh well, my mil will help me with a simple confinement this time... just hope to get it over and done with and cope on my own after that.

Wow, I haven't been following this thread but I kudos to those who are SAHM or FTWM without maid! I don't think I can ever do that.

Even though I stay with my in-laws both are working. My MIL esp particular says must have 1 maid just to take care of my 18 mth girl and the other maid to take care of household. MIL "BIG" so bo bian have to hire 1 more maid.

My other 2 boys are 7 and 5. Next yr, probably send my girl to the Childcare near home, while my 2nd son (K2) gets transferred to the CC in my office premises. My 1st boy will be in Pri 2.

Also will start sending my sons to Berries next year.

Welcome icebaby..

Having more kids sure very tough esp when you're a working mom,sometimes we just hope our in-laws can be more "helpful" but not every parents in -law will do tat anymore becos they will claim also want their FREEDOM...hehehe..

m&m,when I was having my #4,I was 35 so by right I should do the DS test but my gynae claimed becos my prev preg blood test record always show very GOOD result so advice me to take the blood test first and the result show I am in the very low risk of having tat...along the preg,dont really have any problem other then feel more tiring then my prev 3,I guess I feel a bit sian cos there are a gap of 2 yrs being preg again..hahaha..

Lydiam

I agree. My in-laws considered very helpful. I tink more like my FIL. He helps handle the kids (i.e. fetch my younger son in the morning to CC before going to work...in dec onwards, no more. Then evening fetch both sons back from CC and school). My MIL just go to work and come home sit there wait to be serve (but cannot blame her cos she also full time working).

Taking holidays are easy for us, cos we always have someone to watch over the kids (technically the maids take care but they watch over the maids).

icebaby,

Yeah,for our case,we dont stay with in-laws and my in-laws basically dont want to take care of kids,my fil is someone who love freedom and love to go out with his frends with birds and my mil is not someone who will willing to look after kids the whole day..so quite difficult for us to go for a tour or even a dinner of 2..hehehe...so ends up,it's always 6 of us going out together..but still we enjoy our outing very much still...^-^

Yah Icebaby, I am like Lydia's case. We are very much on our own as well. My mil came over just to help with the new baby but after that, I will be on my own already. I actually prefer that arrangement coz I get to raise my kids the way I wanted. I feel that although in laws or parents meant well, it can be quite hard to agree with their methods of raising kids. Hubby also thinks we are much better off when his mom is not here but for now, we dont have a choice because he is constantly travelling and I might pop anytime here in Shanghai.

Lydia, I am also hving a 2 yr gap from my 3rd kid and I can't wait for everything to be over! I am seriously quite terrified of being pregnant. I am feeling so uncomfortable at this last stage now... I can't quite remember how it was like delivering my 3rd one and I am feeling quite apprehensive now... scared my labour will be too fast for me to make it to the hospital. Aiyah, the usual pre-labour jitters... haha... so strange right? It is not like this is my 1st time delivering kids but I still feel anxious.

BTW Icebaby, my son is 7yo now and my gal is 5, turning 6 end of this month. My youngest son is coming to 30 months... the age gap is similar to yours.... so, are you planning to have 1 more??? hahaha....

Lydia, m&m,

I know...and that's why I peifu you women here. If I was to take care by myself, I probably go bonkers!

Initially it is a problem in terms of teaching them my own values, etc. Eventually I decide to just keep an open mind (i.e. close alot of eyes). As long as my kids are not taught the wrong values, it is fine.

For me, I work FT and my job takes up quite abit of time. Sometimes work goes home with me due to the timeline given. But I enjoy my work and the pay is good (at least I am paid like 20-30% higher than my husband), so it's kind of hard to let it go. If I rely on husband salary, it won't be sufficient to cover our expenses (Childcare, maid, etc).

m&m,

I doubt I'll have have another kid unless like accident for my no. 3. But I love my girl alot and she is alot more fun to play with compared to my sons. Too tiring for me, physically as I didn't have confinement for all 3 kids.

m&m,
U are right. i have only 1 more year to try for a 3rd one. But still procrastinating. I am a SAHM, also totally No help from anyone. Madness is the word to describe my life now. How do you mummies work out your finances with the no. of kids you have? i am very worried if i have a 3rd one..

hi m$m,

i'm sleepy but can' find a good position to sleep, plus peed twice already...plus my 4th having flu and can't sleep well.she's on my lap now..i'm starting to feel v uncomfotable already, sitting and lying down also painful...baby is too low i guess..now i wish baby out by 37 ley...

Hospital fee very high over there, hope your baby won't be prematured.

Jas,

he's a male gynae at kembangan plaza..interested? he has 7 kids....

icebaby, this 4th one is also an accident! Hahaha... I think most of us who has so many kids have the youngest one out of accidents... :p I am quite bent on hving some kind of contraception after this one. I cannot imagine taking a plane with 4 of them back to Singapore for holiday now. We used to travel back from Taipei as a family of 5 (we were posted there for the past 2 years) and we were already like a circus. I don't know I am going to take 5.5 hrs of plane with them. Will figure that out when the time comes! Haha...

Jas, I only tried for my #3 when I quit my job. Initially I had my 3rd pregnancy out of accident but then it was an empty sac, so I had to do d&c and waited 1 year before trying again. That made me even more sure I wanted this 3rd child. So, I quit my job and tried coz I think it was due to stress. My 3rd child is actually my 4th pregnancy. I guess it is only when u lose one that you really treasure having one. I didn't think so about finances at that point anymore. I just figured that I will cope. For the 1st 2 years (before childcare, that is...), I reckon I won't spend much apart from hospital bills, which is quite affordable in Sgp. U can basically rely on all the hands me downs in terms of clothes. I fully breastfed my #2 & #3 for close to 2 years, so I didn't spend on milk powder either. Well, I haven't thot about the costs of sending them to school and the future but I believe things will somehow work out, just like now. I don't know how I will cope with 4 kids alone, esp when my husband is hardly around and I am overseas but I trust that when God gives me this child, He will provide as well.

najmom, I m like you.... in pain sitting or lying down, that explains why I am online replying msgs at 2 am in the morning! Hahaha.... we are in the same boat... what to do? After multiple kids, our bodies are so worn out already... also we still have to take care of our younger ones.

I know how it feels to be pregnant with a sick older child and it is very tiring... Do rest well in the day if you can. Can daddy stay home tomorrow? Sometimes, it can be so hard to ask the men to step in and help, right? My hubby is always so busy... so I won't ask him unless it is neccessary and somehow, he always thinks I can cope also. Sigh... so I won't even bother to open my mouth anymore. I will just grit my teeth n do what I need to do to stay sane. Hahaha....

M&M,
Yeah I do agreed having a 2 yrs gap like alot different from my 1st three whereby it's a one yr gap but luckily my gynae always encouraging and mine was a c-section case,so I planned my date and go into delivery room on 37 weeks,but still remember,when I was abt 7mths preg,nearly CNY,continuous abt 3-4 days my gal started to kick alot in my tummy,quite scary feeling lor becos at tat time she just abt 7mths mah,furthermore I always wanted a "pig" baby...so need to start to talk ard with her till need to threaten her if she pop out before she reached 37 weeks will hit her backside then she stop lor..hehehe...now think back,still very scary....

najmom,jia you jia you.....try to take some nap during day time will be good for you also,I also will have problem sleeping well at nite too,so my gynae advised me to steal a nap during day time lor...

wah Lydia, why are you still awake at this hour also? For me, it is always insomnia around this time of the night during pregnancy. Hormones bah.... just cannot koon leh... So I just surf net lor. Sometimes, I will just wake up for some food.... hungry now. Hmm... I m trying to eat more to fatten my girl in these final few weeks. Hope she will be a bit more chubby. At my last checkup at 34 weeks, she is only 2.1kg... sigh... all my babies are pretty tiny. Genetic lah, boh pian.

I'm working nite shift this week la...so this hr normally will be online lor...hehehe..

Yeah,previously I also cant sleep well during this period of time,will turn here and there also...but dont worry la,everything will be over and everything will be worth when your gal gal is out to this world lor

m&m,

I am sorry to hear about the 3rd being an empty sac.

For me, I also tried for a 3rd for around 6-9mths, then work became hectic and was too tired. So gave up. But then got retrenched and then got a new job. During probation found out I was preggy! I was like...by then I already sorta decide 2 was enough, I really didn't want another.

But since my threshold (can't think of a better word at this moment) was to have 3, I guess I just accepted it.

Pregnancy was tougher than my 1st 2 boys cos maybe older. Then the symptoms was different (hence I knew it was a girl). Main difference was that I didn't get any hormonal rashes!

RE: kids size
All my kids also kinda small. 2 of them was 3.0kg, 1 of them 2.65kg.

Lydia,

Agree. At the ending stage, very tired. Insomnia most of the time. For my 1st kid, got more than 1 week hor, I didn't get sleep that the gynea gave me 4 days MC to try to sleep.

M&M & mummies here,
I dun know what to say. But i really "pei fu" all of you here. you are right. the more we think, things will not work out.

I will never have kids by accident. hahaha! cos i am not active at all. kekeke! so if i have a 3rd one, its a planned one. Pardon me, from young, i was told that i am by accident. The unwanted one. My mum hope for another boy but came out a gal. In short, i am the extra at home. Btw, i am the no.7 at home. (1 elder sis passed away cos of jaudice)

Hi Jas,
I had my 4th one by accident coz I really thought I would stop at no.3 , so since I have him seem like no choice but to keep him coz I don't want to abort the baby due to personal decision. But I know I cannot cope with so many kids and now still struggle to manage my time & attention to them.
So, when people know that that I have 4 kids, they would look surprise so I always defend myself that the 4th one is an accident. Until one day my friend share with me ( same as your case ) that her mum told her that she was an accident. Since young, she would feel that she is the "unplanned" and "unwanted" one. And this feeling hurt her until adulthood.
So, from that day onwards, I told myself I don't want my child to have this feeling of "unwanted". So, I stop telling people that he was from an accident.
Thanks for your sharing. It remind me again that I got to control myself from telling the truth when people asked/laugh at me again.

afternoon mummies,

just got back from my check up, hmmm turns out my baby's head is at the top.the last check up he was at the bottom already...the gynae was super cool abt it, he said still got time..and even if the leg comes out first still can delivery normal and can even make the baby turn..he said important thing is not to worry...i really pray the baby turns cos i'm afraid of C sect..kancheong already..hehehe...

thanks m&m and lydia...at this stage, wish not to have another baby already...sooo must think of family planning but always can't decide which one to use. ligation is out. then the rest deals with hormones which i don't like..so don't know lah which one

i learnt that we shouldn't tell people that this pregnancy was an accident, people will mock at us...esp when you have afew kids already..

Jas & Chris,

Maybe using the word "God's gift" will be better?

I always tell ppls,even though didnt plan for my #4 but she is my "god's gift".. ^-^

najmom,my sis previously also having this problem with her #2,becos the baby just simply overly active..hehehe..as long as bb size not big,you gynae should be able to adjust it.(Tat's what my sis's gynae done for her).

all the mommies..Jia you,jia you

Regardless the case whether is accident or not. It's a gift to us. Ultimately it's the attention and love that we give to our kids makes the difference. =)

Jia You everyone!

lydia

i'll pray more regiously that will have a normal delivery..hehe..better relax and not think too much abt it, later bp all go up..hehe

yeah, my hubby always reply to those who mock at us, its god's gift..even if you plan, if god wants to give, you'll still be pregnant..hehehe...

my gynae said he'll retire in 9 years, he asked so how many more children you want..hahaha...

najmom,yeah lor...bp always the scary part..if bp shot up,they might want to deliver the bb immediately lor...

there was once we was joking with my gynae when I was preg with my #3,since my case is a c-section issue does tat mean i can only cut 3 times,he laughed and say I can have as many as I want,I was like looking at him like he really joking lor...hehehehe..

hi mommies, wow... everyone is so active in the thread today... I didn't realise that acknowledging that a pregnancy is unplanned can hurt the child. Hmm... thanks for the sharing. That really helps and I will take note not to be so honest about that when other people ask in future. The fact is, we are really happy to have her. Having 4 seems like a dream come true for me coz hubby and I used to joke about having 4 kids when we 1st got married, so it is very fulfilling that we have finally made it this far! I think God has give us women great inner strength to be able to manage that many children and indeed, the babies are such precious gifts. I hear of so many people around me who cannot conceive and my heart goes out to them. I can understand how helpless they must have felt.

jas, dun think too much. Sometimes, just go with the flow... as long as you don't purposely avoid having a child, then let nature takes its course. It will be a precious gift if u do conceive. Otherwise, life just goes on and you just con't to focus on your 2 precious ones. The more you think, the more mental stress you give yourself.... I got into that mode before and I find myself going in vicious cycle everytime my period ends... wondering if it is a good thing that I did not miss my period that month or not... Stressful.

najmom, my baby is also still somersaulting in my tummy! The gynae said it is because pple like us have very spacious wombs due to multiple pregnancies, so the baby has a lot of space to turn. As of my last checkup, she was head down but doc said there might be a chance that she will still turn up. Keeping my fingers crossed till my checkup this Fri... I am praying daily that she will come out healthy. The cord is around her neck now and the gynae said 25% of babies have that and it is perfectly fine as long as I monitor her movements. Well, I prayed that God will take care of her inside coz it is not within my control. Well, I am like you... worry what if I have to go for C Section coz the rest were natural. Sigh... pre-labour jitters are hard to shake off! (I always wonder why I got myself into this whenever I kena morning sickness & just before I deliver... hahaha!)

Must really think about how not to have any more kids liao... I feel that my body is so worn out... and I do feel that I aged quite a bit with the arrival of each child. Do you mommies feel that way? Here ache, there ache. I am not even overweight but I felt that it was hard for me to get up from the stool after I had #3. So I reckon my body has 'degenerated'.

yaya..must not tell our children they are by accident. Till now, over 30 years old, still feel unwanted and extra in the family. Every child to me is really precious..yes! They are all God's gift and greatest gift of all.

Have you heard abt this American Duggar family? Very scary leh. This woman has abt 20 children and still wants to carry on giving birth. think too ridiculous. hahaha! imagine every year preggy for 20years...my god!

Lydia,
you mean all your 4 pregnancies are thru c-sect? i tot we can only stop at 3? may i know why you chose c-sect? I chose it (now regret) bcos i scare of pain..and i also have history of slip disc. I really regret it now. Not bcos of the back, i have listen too much of my friend story..she scare me out of my wits for natural. If i ever have a chance again i wish i can opt for natural birth.

morning mummies,

last night didn't sleep well, now its like routine 2am wake up..then stare at the ceiling or try to find a comfortable position again...hehe...

m&m,
this is my first that babyis head up..cos other pregnancies all heads down very early..so abit kancheong..i guess every pregnancy is different..
Thanks for the encouragment..

everytime when reach this stage, will ask myself that same question too...well, its God's gift hehehe....

yeah lah, we gave birth afew times already..body exhausted that's why we need to do confinement, let our body recover better... mummies, do you follow confinement strictly?

Its quite hard to when you have to take care of other kids..right? Like not to carry the other kid and not move around too much..

hopefully, we'll both have a smooth normal delivery yeah!!

Jas,

i think no pregnancy is an accident, maybe we didn't take precaution (i know of some who took precaution and still got pregnant)but also cos God decided to give us another precious gift.

yeah, watched duggar family on Discovery. The wife couldn't take any family planning, they lost a pregnancy cos of it.that's y they countinue having babies..the last count is 18....i think...the wife looks healthy,glowing and happy..guess we need to be sincere in being pregnant and other things..it'll show in our face..

Hi,

I am Eileen , 33 years old , having 4 kids age 9, 8 , 4 and 2 and teaching piano at home . Recently stop having maid . Though my house is not as spick and span but I really enjoy the privacy we have now.

Mum: dear son, remember to be a good boy in school and study hard like your daddy ( dad's in night school)

Boy: Dad studies , and he works . Mum, why I don't need to work ?

Mum: Children do not need to work and they are not allowed to work. They are too young.

Boy: How old does a person need to be to work ?

Mum: Legally some starts as young as 16 years old.

Boy: so sister is now 10 . When she becomes 11, 12, 13 14 15 ( counting his way up) and then 16 , then she needs to work right ?

Mum: She can but it is better to finish her studies and start work around 23 years old .

Boy: How old is daddy ?

Mum : He is 37

Boy : What's after 37 ?

Mum: 38

Boy: when can you teach me how to count to 100 ? the conversaion went on ....

That conversation happened one night before bed with my 4 year old pre schooler. Moment like that affirms the desire and decision to choose to be with my children in their growing up years though the challenge of loads of household chores, nuturing , school homework and achievements, discipline , tighter budgeting , less or no travel ... the list is long ! God has made woman for very great purpose . Embrace it , with smile and enjoy every moments !

Welcome Eileen..

Jas,Yeah my all 4 were C-section.

My Gynae say it all depends on the recovery and the heal of your womb after the c-section and not how many TIMES,some of his patient cant even have the 2nd C-section becos their tissue not able to stick up the wound.

Becos my hubby genes is BIG even though he will never admitted....hahahaha..

Well,also becos my body build is small ba,my #1 born @ 4.25kg at full term,#2 one even though I control my diet,he came out at 4.35kg (Whereby bb doctot say he might weight at 5kg if I didnt contrl),#3 born at 37 weeks @ 3.65kg & my #4 born at 37 weeks @ 3.75kg..

Just imagine if my #3,#4 delivery in full term,I am afraid I cant even walk anymore..hehehe..

I did try want to give a natural a try on my #2 but my gynae who is very experience after study my FA Scan on 20 weeks already told me I cant have natural birth,so at least I am prepare for it.

Luckily,my 4 c-sections all went quite well,I can get up of bed on my 2nd day of operation and start to run about already..(Tat's what my gynae say one lor)...hehehe

Hi najmom, wah a few moms in the Dec09 thread have delivered already ah? How are you feeling? It is quite exciting to know we will be popping soon too :D.

Hi Eileen, it is encouraging to see how you interact with your 4 kids and indeed, that makes staying home a lot more fulfilling and worthwhile. Hubby kept telling me not to get too comfy being a homemaker while we are overseas now. He said he would feel less burden if I were to go back to work once we move back to Singapore. Sigh... see how it goes... How to work when 4 kids are still schooling, right? I don't trust maids and I certainly would prefer to raise them myself.

Hi Lydia, lucky you with big babies coz I always think they are so much more sturdy and easier to raise. Mine are always so tiny and delicate. So scary.... n mil will make remarks that they are tiny coz I didn't take tonics during my pregnancy (my fault..?!?) I have asked my gynae and she said it is genetic and it is alright as long as baby is healthy. I am seriously considering inducing on 26th (my #2's birthday) coz hubby will be having a 10 days business trip right after that and I can't imagine giving birth and discharging myself with baby alone. Will discuss with gynae this week during my checkup. I am in a dilemma coz I certainly won't want to intervene in a natural birth but I don't have much choice here.

hi, m&m..

how are you? i seldom use msn..do you facebook?

yeah, quite a few mummies popped already...think next is canopy haze..me went for a massage last weekk cos my back and the tailbone was soo painful..she told me that its gonna be time soon, baby is low...but its head still up...

hi, lydia

your 1st 2 babies are so big.. must be like almost a mth old baby...must be soo chubby and adorable...

Hi Lydia,
Nice to hear that your babies are big at birth. My mum always commented that big baby is easier to take care.
happy.gif

How do you find the lifestyle in S'pore? I find that kids would not have an enjoyable childhood coz school/homeworks/tuitions took up most of their time. I wish to migrate to Australia but don't know how. Will have to source more info of it ...

m&m,najmom,chris:

Yeah,but becos of my build,it's quite heavy for me esp my #4,I almost cant walk when I reached abt 35weeks..hehehe..

najmom,yeah esp my #2..he looks like a sumo baby when he was born..hahaha..

m&m,well it's more likely to be genetic when bb are big but maybe nutrient food will play a part also ba..my mom always say from 1st-5th month whatever u eat will go to the baby,whereby 5th month onwards will go to the mother becos mother need the strength to give birth also..but my thinking is,from 5th mth onwards,we are store up all the goodies becos tat's when baby start to suck from us..hehehe

Chris,it's true when bb is big,more easy to handle,esp for first time daddy,they're more easiler to carry..hehehe..

Well,with the new level of living in Sgp,education raise up alot as well over this few yrs,just imagine when it's our time,we only learn ABC when Pr 1,now they are doing problem sum & comprehension already...sign..

For us,we try to let our kids having a wonderful childhood before they reach K2,I think kids can learn better when they're being introduce outdoor as well,not necessary must be study study...^-^

Why Australia?..for me,I will prefer Newszealand..(Hoping hoping & still hoping)..hehehe

Hi Lydia,
Australia such as perth is nearer to S'pore mah. New Zealand needs abt 9 hrs flight. You also hope to migrate? I just want to live in the country which can provide cheap & good education and working more family oriented.

Hi m&m,
Don't worry, it is ok to induce. In fact it is better because you can plan well and your hubby will be around , and especially your little one will be on the same birthday as the #2 which is very special right?
My 4th one is the same birthday as mine and both of us are OX. I didn't purposely go and induce but the day before there was no movement from the baby plus doc said I have already diliated 3cm. So, just admited to hospital loh.
happy.gif

Thanks a lot for your assurance, Chris. :D Wow, yours have even more coincidences than mine! My #3 and daddy share the same birthday too. I just started labour pain on the midnight of my hubby's birthday and he was born 11 hours later. My #1 and mine are 6 days apart. So far, all 3 of our kids arrived naturally without induction, so I am really in a dilemma as to induce or not fo this one. My fear is the pain coz I heard it is worse than natural. You know what? My #2 told me that she doesn't want the same birthday as her sister because she wants her birthday to be special and to be hers alone
sad.gif
. So, we didn't quite know how to respond to that. Haha....

As to your thots about migrating, I have harbored them too but not to Perth. I used to study there during my uni days and the aussies always treat asians as 2nd class citizens. So I flew back once I graduated tho it is very easy for me to get the PR status right after that. I decided that I won't want to live in Perth coz pple there are simply so narrowminded and snobbish! I remembered how people would shout out from their cars to us asians and told us to get out of their country. Well, I experienced it countless times, so that is surely not a one-off event. Hmm.. that is just my thots lah.

Hi najmom, I love facebooking but sadly, facebook, youtube and blogs are totally banned in China now, so I can't access any of these websites for months already. So sad! I am just hoping that the China govt will loosen up soon! Sigh... I feel so out of touch with the pple back home in Singapore, that's why msn and skype are my only respite now. Hahaha... life of a housewife is cut off socially mah.... face kids all day long can be quite mentally challenging.

hi lydia,
i love chubby babies, but my kids normally they'll gain wt very fast in the 1st 6 mths then slows down after that...i notice this pattern..maybe its my breastmilk ?not enuf after 6 mths?

hi chris,

my first child is in pri 1, i find that the education system very stressful..if you look at the teachers they look very stress..hehehe..

hi m&m

so sian lah FB and blogs are banned in China..but luckily still have internet access..hehe..otherwise. life would be so dull...plus being a hsewife, whole day with the kids....need some distraction..

btw, you're how many weeks now? i'm 34 weeks..my 3rd child is starting to throw tantrums..crying loudly ..my mum says maybe its time soon....do have such believe?

Hi najmom,

I am in my 36th week now. I wanted to induce next week but I went to see gynae yesterday and she said no. She said next wk is only 37 wks and I have not dilated as of yesterday, so she wanted me to wait for it to happen naturally. I told her that my hubby will be travelling for 10 days, then she told me to just go n deliver on my own... sigh! She said she doesnt want baby to come out before the rightful time coz she feels that it is not good to 'pluck the fruit before it is ripe'.

My #3 is very sticky to me for the past few months too... I also wonder if it is because I am almost due soon. Then again, he is too young to understand... He is coming to 30 mos now.

BTW, my 1st child is also in P1.. born in 2002. Same year as yours?

chris,

I heard from my hb abt the bad experience just like m&m when he was there few yrs ago overseas trip by the company also...

Najmom,when kids start to grow,they start to be active,tat's when they will shake off their "baby fat",those who on breast milk,normally will still be in chubby chubby becos bf milk contain lots of 'goodies" ma...hehehe..as long as they are healthy,active,tat'll be ok.

najmom & m&m,

When I give birth,my elder ones all ok but excite over,my hb will bring them with us and wait for me and the little bb outside the operation room..hehehe

hi m&m,

how r you? delivered already? its true wat your gynae said let it come naturally...when its time baby will know..but sometimes the waiting game very tiring le..

yeah, my 1st is in P1..born in 2002 also..
i just found out that the 1st 2 classes for pri 2 has a different boooklist..not fair right?

lydia

your hubby very gd can bring your kids while waiting for you to deliver..for me, i afriad they will make alot of noise while waiting..hehehe..

hi Najmom, aiyah... haven't delivered. I had false labour on fri night but gynae sent me home after stablising me with drip n meds... so I m in the waiting game. She gave me meds for a wk n she said I wont go into labour as long as I m on it... she wants me to reach wk 38 1st. Hubby is lving for biz trip end of this wk, so it is likely that I will deliver alone. Sigh... it is so crazy and I am feeling pretty hormonal... just a bit down coz I felt so alone in this situation. No one else to turn to here.

yah Lydia, I also think your hubby is so solid... can bring 3 kids to wait for u while u deliver. Kudos to him... haha.

m&m

oh dear, your gynae quite persistent eh? wat's your baby weight now? hmm..must mentally prepare yourself but i'm sure you'll do fine...hopefully, baby will be good and deliver only when hubby returns..maybe try to talk her more..

at this stage, yes the hormones are getting to us.cheerup okay. try to think positive.u'll be seeing your baby pretty soon..

going for my checkup tom, i have a feeling he has not turn head down yet..

take care okay..don't think too much..

m&m and najmom,

cheersssss up mommies..you 2 are great and m&m,dont worry,gal gal will listen to mommy and wont come out b4 daddy is home..^-^

yah najmom, baby should be above 2.5kg now but she said Intl Medical standards is to let baby be born at 38 wks if there are no medical reasons for C-section or induction. She said that if I still dun go into labour by the monday after next, then she might induce me. Well, wait lor... what to do?

How is your little one? Has his head turned yet? Pray hard, okay? Whatever the situation, just stay positive too... I heard that breech can also go for natural delivery.

Thanks for your encouragement, Lydia... we are hanging on! Haha...

m&m

how are you? any signs of labour yet?

thankfully, my baby has turned! he is 2.6kg now..35wks and head big leh..i hope to deliver by 37wks plus so by school reopens i'll be abt 1 month post delivery...my 2nd son joining pri 1 and 3rd entering nursery...my hubby going to be on leave for 1 mth..

hi najmom, no signs yet... I am praying that either it will be waterbag bursting or loss of mucous plug so that i will have ample time for hubby to fly back... haha... well, wait wait wait...

Oh, my 2nd gal is joining P1 next year if we are in Singapore too.. So, my 1st n 2nd are same age as yours :D. My #3 is 2.5 yo... 4 yr gap from my #2. Mine is Boy7, Gal6, Boy2 and this one, gal.

m&m

after waterbag burst can be quite fast cos this is already your fourth one leh..that's what my gynae said lah..loss of mucus plug means alot of discharge is it? i've never notice it..

yeah our 1st and 2nd same age, my third is 3years and fourth 18mths.. so you going for 5th?? heheehee...

wow najmom, yr baby is such a good boy... turned at the last few weeks. haha.... For me, I din even bother to ask about the weight of the baby anymore coz I am already past 36 wks, so I supposed she is at least 2.5kg. Weight is good enough for me. I know my genes lah, cant go much bigger. Haha....

I lost my mucous plug n had waterbag leaking for my 1st one. There was bloody discharge.. not a lot but can see streaks of blood. The amniotic fluid was a bit pinkish too n I kept leaking no matter how long I sit on the toilet bowl. Hhaa... As for #2 & #3, it was just dilation till 4cm for a few days before I delivered. So, I really dun know what to expect for this one. I'll have my checkup this Thursday (38wks). Hopefully, I have begun dilation. Hubby will be bk on Fri night, so hopefully he can make it. Any slight progression at this point is encouraging for me.

No, no more 5th one! I am in so much pain... I have severe nausea n m9 sickness for ALL my pregnancies... so I am really terrified.. and I think I cannot cope with any more kids, esp when we will be overseas for the next 2.5yrs.

Hi Najmom,
Glad to hear that the baby has turned head down. I think it should be no problem to deliver at 37wk. My 1st one was deliver at 37wk coz dilation to 3cm for 4 days then doc advised to induce. My baby was 3kg then.

Hi m&m,
Rest more and reduce your movement. Baby will wait till Fri when daddy is back. So, now you are in China with your 3kids alone?? Any relatives to help you or take care of your kids?

Hi Lydia,
How are you? Must be quite relax coz it's school holiday, rite?

Back