3 adults & 2 children how to book hotel room

tulip3

Hi, I'm thinking of a holoday but am stuck with the accomodationb part. Any advice on what accomodation I can book for 3 adults and 2 kids. The usual regulations states max of 2 adults and 2 kids per room. How do I bypass this without having to incure cost for a 2nd room because in that case the 1 child will have to pay adult rate as well. Will end up paying quite a lot more. Suggestions for hoildays also welcomed :)tks

I've been researching too as I have 2 toddlers and thinking of bringing the maid. Some hotels have family rooms which are slightly bigger. Eg. Parkroyal @ Penang. Otherwise, if you don't mind all squeezing, get a room that can accommodate 3 adults (pay for the extra foldaway bed) and co-sleep with the kids. When u book, just put 3 adults 1 kid, since they don't ask for everyone's detail.

U can try those hotels that offer family room or comes with 2 twin/ queen beds and request for 1 rollaway bed.

We went to HK 2 yrs ago and stayed at Langham Place Hotel in Mongkok. We booked a Quad room which can accommdate all the 5 of us. The room comes with 2 single beds and 1 Queen bed.

tks for the replies. yeah I think the only way is to under-declare the no. of pax staying in one room. But can't do that when you book thru tranevl agent or get hotel shuttle service..very troublesome.

I don't mind the squeeze (2 adults +2 toddlers can sleep on 1 king bed...no problem) but the agent will not let me book. And the 3rd adult would be my maid or mother.

Worse are cruises...they are really sticky with no. of pax per room.

I wonder if the hotel can force you to pay for extra room when you check in and they realise there are so many of you.

Just to share, recently went for a trip and stayed in a family room with 1 king bed 2 single beds and a baby cot...intended to bring maid but when I was booking,they said the room can only accomodate 2 adults and 2 kids. When we arrived the room was huge (2 connecting rooms with door and 2 bathrooms). We only used half the space cos my kids are so young, we all slept on the king bed nicely and why do we need 2 bathrooms for?

Hence I'm hoping readers can share experiences on hotels/agents that are more fiexible with such arrangements. tks!!

I did squeezed a few adults & kids in family rm. i did dat for like 3 times. All Hotel in KL. family rm is like Tulip3 describe. 2connecting rooms with 2 diff bathroom. The 3rd time we went we got a family room as big as a 3room flat. To be precised, we put in 8adults & 3kids! Its not squeezed @ all. Very spacious. My advise is when checking in, make sure not everyone is there. Maybe just 2adults & 2kids. The rest can wait @ nearby shops perhaps? But of all 3 experiences i think the staffs shld know but they sort of close 1eye?

There are hotels which allow additional beds in the room (if the room is spacious enough). Of course, extra beds will cost something, but it's still cheaper than a separate room. And about choosing your travel destination, I would offer something unusual and unique, so it stays in your memory for a long time :) Here are some rather interesting places and hotels, check it out, hope it helps http://www.hotelyouwant.com/. Good luck and have a great holiday! :cool:

Everything is very simple, such wishes have long been not a complication. As an example, planetofhotels.com is an ideal assistant in this matter. With real consultations and many convenient filters. Also, there are updated discount offers.

Back