2017 Confinement lady for recommendation

motherkoh

my mother confinement lady for 1.5 months when i delivered in April 2016,she has been a great help to me.looking after me and ensure that i have enough rest and sleep.constantly reminding me to sit down and not to stand to long.she a faster worker who also cook delicious meals,soups,desserts and tonics which is very important for the mummy.

she takes great care of my baby,24 hours a day including night feeds.when baby is not sleeping she will talk and sing to the baby.she encourages breastfeeding which is good and does not give me any pressure.

she is also willing to share and advise you on tips,general health,life and many more.she can be your listening ear.

i would highly recommend her.should you have any questions,please feel free to contact me at [email protected] or pm me

Last edited:

IMG_1434.jpg 13321639_590628371097270_3110894409285499305_n.jpg fd49f460171674acd045aef1b673f4cd.jpg 7f5d489811c9563cf686b960e8fb7e7e.jpg 600x400_7ed79d5b364fe04ff10a6d95587f260f.jpg 13315566_590628597763914_1961666133031972776_n.jpg

auntie koh is modern,Description: 1. Cooks really good food 2. Support breastfeeding 3. Not calculative 4. Very friendly

Last edited:
I prefer to go with agent because my confinement lady that i book on my own.....put my aeroplane on dec 2016 and i going to give birth on feb 2017. Very headache and end up i go for agent and is better because i get free replacement if I'm unhappy with the service of the nanny and they even promise me if i give birth during CNY they will give my nanny too. And i give birth on 3 feb 2017 I'm currently doing my confinement, the agent i use is STAR Confinement.....the auntie they give at 1st i not so like it during the 4th day i change and my current auntie was so nice very soft spoken and very caring her name is fong jie. She take extra mile in her job for taking care of my reflux baby and help me on my breast issue.

Hi, I just done my confinement and do have a recommendation of my confinement lady to others mom-to-be out here. You don't have to worry about if you engaged her. She's from Malaysia with 2 years professional experienced from confinement center and 8 years experienced as a freelance CL. Some CL are relatively cheap but I go for quality rather than cost.
She takes good care of me, especially for my baby. She's very concerned, being patient to my daughter and really shows love. My daughter stays with her every night and she responsibility.
She make everything run smoothly during my confinement. As a new mom, I don't need to worried about and I can fully trust on her.
By the way, her cooking was pretty good.
I've learnt a lot from her of how to take care of a baby and of course of her professional, I did extended her for a month.
If any Mommy wants to get more information of my CL, here's her WhatsApp or call to +601136539563.

What is considered the "normal" or reasonable price for CLs? How do the rates go? Never had one with my #1... my mom was my CL. Haha! But am considering one for my #2 as my mom will be helping to look after my #1 which is enough to keep her busy.

Hi, can I check if it is manageable to skip CL and just order confinement tingkat? My husband is self-employed and he will be home to help out. My MIL cannot help me cos she is taking care of 4 grandchildren now. She can only come over when they are in childcare.

Hi, can I check if it is manageable to skip CL and just order confinement tingkat? My husband is self-employed and he will be home to help out. My MIL cannot help me cos she is taking care of 4 grandchildren now. She can only come over when they are in childcare.

I'm considering as well. Right now I'm keeping my options open but I'm skewed towards just ordering confinement food catering because I'm not comfortable with a stranger staying in my place, and also, I prefer my baby to sleep with me at night for ease of breastfeeding and bonding.

In the day, my mom will help me with the baby and my #1. At night my husband can help me with our #1.

Lastly, my dogs are wary of strangers so I think I'll be more stressed if I have a CL. Haha! But from what I heard, having a CL is really helpful especially if you leave your baby to sleep with her at night... you can get more rest.

I'm considering as well. Right now I'm keeping my options open but I'm skewed towards just ordering confinement food catering because I'm not comfortable with a stranger staying in my place, and also, I prefer my baby to sleep with me at night for ease of breastfeeding and bonding.

In the day, my mom will help me with the baby and my #1. At night my husband can help me with our #1.

Lastly, my dogs are wary of strangers so I think I'll be more stressed if I have a CL. Haha! But from what I heard, having a CL is really helpful especially if you leave your baby to sleep with her at night... you can get more rest.

We shared the same dilemnas, I am also uncomfortable with stranger staying over. But I read that there are daytime CL to consider as well, but they are only from agency. Pros and cons to engage from agency as well.

Yes, having a good CL is really helpful too. Though we can make special requests (if any) to confinement catering but experienced CL can do more in adjusting to your needs. I have a friend who gave birth to #2, closing her "factory" after #2, so she engaged an experienced CL, letting her know that she want a strict confinement this round to strengthen her body. I do heard that no matter how weak our body is in the past, confinement period is a good time to "reset" our body. So, her CL really cook very nutritious and tonic meals for her. She used up 19 bottles of DOM in a month!! This is probably one thing catering wont be able to do.

There are so many pros and cons, I am so confused...haha

We shared the same dilemnas, I am also uncomfortable with stranger staying over. But I read that there are daytime CL to consider as well, but they are only from agency. Pros and cons to engage from agency as well.

Yes, having a good CL is really helpful too. Though we can make special requests (if any) to confinement catering but experienced CL can do more in adjusting to your needs. I have a friend who gave birth to #2, closing her "factory" after #2, so she engaged an experienced CL, letting her know that she want a strict confinement this round to strengthen her body. I do heard that no matter how weak our body is in the past, confinement period is a good time to "reset" our body. So, her CL really cook very nutritious and tonic meals for her. She used up 19 bottles of DOM in a month!! This is probably one thing catering wont be able to do.

There are so many pros and cons, I am so confused...haha

That's half a bottle of DOM in a day! :eek:

I'm still in my 1st trimester... 11 weeks now, so I still have some time to decide I guess. How about you?

Need to weigh pros and cons... I'm also thinking of "closing shop" after this one. 2 is enough for us. Haha.

That's half a bottle of DOM in a day! :eek:

I'm still in my 1st trimester... 11 weeks now, so I still have some time to decide I guess. How about you?

Need to weigh pros and cons... I'm also thinking of "closing shop" after this one. 2 is enough for us. Haha.

Yeah, I was shocked too. Dunno what good stuffs the CL cook with DOM.

I just stepped into trimester 2, 1 day past 14 weeks. Not sure by when need to decide...

Hi all. I want to introduce CL. She is 58 years. She is from batam indonesian. Can speak mandarin and hokkian. Not a traditional style. Very clean. Not a calculative person, Usually she quoted $2300 .Call/ chat her whatsapp +6285264414668 aunty Gim Hua for interview at sg

Last edited:
auntie zhen was my confinement lady for 1.5 months when i delivered in April 2016,she has been a great help to me.looking after me and ensure that i have enough rest and sleep.constantly reminding me to sit down and not to stand to long.she a faster worker who also cook delicious meals,soups,desserts and tonics which is very important for the mummy.

she takes great care of my baby,24 hours a day including night feeds.when baby is not sleeping she will talk and sing to the baby.she encourages breastfeeding which is good and does not give me any pressure.

she is also willing to share and advise you on tips,general health,life and many more.she can be your listening ear.

i would highly recommend her.should you have any questions,please feel free to contact me at [email protected] or pm me

May I know how old is Auntie Zhen?

My EDD is in early Aug and only decided to get a CL now. Had called up a few agency to get quotation.. but we can't choose CL. But I do not have any freelance CL recommendations. Any advice from mummies here? Do I go with agency or look for recommendations? If agency, which one has good reviews? Suppernanny, confinement nanny , PEM.
So far suppernanny is the cheapest of 2580net. Confinementnanny.com $2650.
TIA.

IMG_4871.JPG IMG_4825.JPG IMG_4824.JPG IMG_4804.JPG IMG_4801.JPG IMG_4800.JPG IMG_4799.JPG IMG_4798.JPG
IMG_4952.JPG
I don't usually write feedback or recommendation unless someone really impresses me. But I would like to recommend my confinement lady, Janet Foo. She helped me with my second child. I didn't have one for my first born and I am very thankful in getting her help this round.

First of all, as a mother, my baby is the outmost important. Janet is very experienced in taking care of baby and I could see my son grew well during these four weeks. She took care of him throughout the night very patienty especially as he went through a growth spurt at 3 week mark and demanded hourly feed throughout the night.

She is also a very good cook. Her dishes are all delicious, a restaurant standard in my opinion. She cooked breakfast, lunch and dinner for my whole family. As for me, I have additionally tea time dessert (red bean soup and papaya milk with white fungus are my two favourites!) and night time nourising soup (black chicken essence with combination of herbs and ingredients such as dom, ginseng, etc). Knowing that my first born is very picky with her food, she made sure that she cooked a dish that my girl will like and yet healthy. She observed our preferences and habits. For example, she knew my husband likes his food piping hot and she made sure of that. She also cooked pandan water for my husband when his gout was acting up. She also helped out with household chores eventhough I have a helper. She is easy to get along with, I could see that as my helper has a strong character and they got along well.

Her contact number is +60125930298. Her schedule is booked up pretty quickly. Saw her getting booked at least four times during the four weeks she was with us, very popular!

Hi Imt,
I called Janet but she is booked in Aug, she recommended another CL to me. Just wanna check if she is trustable for recommendations. And she told me no need to apply work permit also. Is it true for you when you have her also?
I almost wanted to book from agency already as my EDD is in Aug. But happen to read your post abt her great help as I also have a elder girl to take care.

Appreciate your reply.
Thanks so much.

Hi Imt,
I called Janet but she is booked in Aug, she recommended another CL to me. Just wanna check if she is trustable for recommendations. And she told me no need to apply work permit also. Is it true for you when you have her also?
I almost wanted to book from agency already as my EDD is in Aug. But happen to read your post abt her great help as I also have a elder girl to take care.

Appreciate your reply.
Thanks so much.

Hi Beckie,
She seems to have a network of experienced CL friends. Sometime she asked her friends if she is unsure of something. I didn't get permit when she is here, guess if you need more than 30 days then perhaps need. Hope it works out well for you! Safe and smooth delivery.

Hi Imt,

Appreciate your reply.
Thanks so much.

I took Janet's recommendation.. I'm quite comfortable speaking over the phone with her.. so I confirm with her immediately.. it's my first bb.. so just keeping my fingers crossed..

Reactions: imt
Hello Mummies,

I am actually looking for a CL and are shortlisting those agency also, mind to share the rate of Janet or other CL that she has recommended?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Best to ask her. Different time has different rate (eg. CNY period). I would say her rate is competitive.

Hi,

Anyone know if CNY rates still apply if EDD is after the first few days of CNY or it goes by the first 15 days of lunar new year?

Hi, I just done my confinement and do have a recommendation of my confinement lady to others mom-to-be out here. You don't have to worry about if you engaged her. She's from Malaysia with 2 years professional experienced from confinement center and 8 years experienced as a freelance CL. Some CL are relatively cheap but I go for quality rather than cost.
She takes good care of me, especially for my baby. She's very concerned, being patient to my daughter and really shows love. My daughter stays with her every night and she responsibility.
She make everything run smoothly during my confinement. As a new mom, I don't need to worried about and I can fully trust on her.
By the way, her cooking was pretty good.
I've learnt a lot from her of how to take care of a baby and of course of her professional, I did extended her for a month.
If any Mommy wants to get more information of my CL, here's her WhatsApp or call to +601136539563.
How much does she charge u?

I would like to recommend Auntie Susie for her confinement nanny service. She is experienced, responsible, hygienic, and caring nanny.
She cooks well and the food is really delicious. The vege that she cooks has nice green color and my confinement food has wide variety. She is responsible and will wake up to feed the baby. She works well with my family members too. My girl was having flu, she helped me to look after my girl and the baby. I was so fortunate to have her. She is highly recommended. You may contact me for more information or you can contact her at +6012 6489 568

Back