2016/08 August babies

Oic.. my gynae just prescribe me so I take and see how. I also didn't mention to him to see tcm but he ask me for what. .lol cos I don't have any nausea feeling or change in appetite so he think I no need see tcm. Hehe
Me same as u...no ms and appetite still good...put on so much weight(think too much lol).

Ya if everything ok...then no need see tcm. I went to see was becos of bleeding issues. Then now just continue see him to 'an tai'.

Thanks!! U can wait and see ur gynae prescribe u what vitamins..

Yeah. To be able to eat now is making me so happy. Past few weeks had been a tortuous journey. Now I'm weighing like 41-42kg. A slight drop from my 44-45kg when I was in few weeks back before MS started.

I hope MS don't come back ever and I'll feel braver taking pills lol

I rang up my nurses and managed to get the breakdown for my tests. Iron level 12. The rest okay/normal/negative.

Oscar test ratio
Trisomy 21 - 1:16757
Trisomy 18 - 1:20000
Trisomy 13 - 1:20000

Didn't know so many numbers and ask the nurse silly question, oh so many numbers? Then nurse giggled and say that means good ah. I must have sound silly just now :/

I managed to get the breakdown for my tests. Iron level 12. The rest okay/normal/negative.

Oscar test ratio

Didn't know so many numbers and ask the nurse silly question, oh so many numbers? Then nurse giggled and say that means good ah. I must have sound silly just now :/

Yup, your number looks great. The larger the number mean the chance to tio the nasty sydrome is lower. I dunno hear from where, high risk ratio looks like 1:300

Oh ya, these 3 (21, 18 & 13) are top 3 most common down sydrome thingy

It is good to ask, no question is silly. If you dun ask, they will not tell you beco they are busy and keep answering the same question until sian. ( A bit bit like in the forum when we keep seeing certain common question keep being ask by different ppl again and again, after a while, will be too lazy to reply and hope the person who ask will have a bit of time to read all the recent thread/topic and i would say 80% of the answers to our question can be found le, afterall, there are really very few new things under the sun)

I rang up my nurses and managed to get the breakdown for my tests. Iron level 12. The rest okay/normal/negative.

Oscar test ratio

Congrats on the gd test results! I am still in 2 minds between Oscar and Harmony test.
How old are you btw? I am 31 this year, first time mum.

@aaa111 Hahaha yeah I was busy copying then I repeat oh, 5 digits? I didn't know what is considered as high risk and low cause most of the time I saw is people saying they have bad Oscar results.

First time Mommy no experience so everytime only ask doctor and nurse, is it normal hahaha

And I hope no new things, usually new things mean bad stuff lol

Congrats on the gd test results! I am still in 2 minds between Oscar and Harmony test.

Thank you :) I'm 28 this year. I asked my gynae which one should I go for and he suggested Oscar is good enough. Harmony costs so much more than Oscar. There are different needs for different mothers though. Some with bigger she might opt for harmony or para cause age plays a part in calculating the results..

Last edited:

Hello, Oscar is a pretty good starting point for all mummy especially those that are below 35 yrs old. you are young, no worries.. Harmony test cost at least $800 where else Oscar 300-400+

Oscar test ratio

This is excellent result! Mine only 4 digits lol. And ur iron level is not low wor...12 is fine. Mine is 11.something and my gynae said is ok need not take iron supp...cos he says iron pills cause constipation n make mummies very xin ku. If iron level is within normal range, the multi vit alr contains abit of iron and get from food sources too.

I personally think oscar is a good test to take. 31 yo is quite low risk, im 37 and the result is fine as well. Too many ppl saying on forum abt oscar having false positives...but in actual fact, most mummies who did oscar have good results, just that good results less ppl post. When bad results, ppl tend to post more to seek opinion and to rant abt the test. Also, oscar includes a scan which is just as impt. Unless u take harmony and do a detailed scan at Dr Ananda like most mummies did in the forum.

If i were u, i would take oscar first and hope for good results. Save money, can spend more on cny stuffs. If really sway get bad results, bo bian then take harmony test. But dont worry, you will be fine!

@caldaf Yeah usually I thought is only 4 digits. None of my friends share their Oscar results before so I didn't hear before what's good or not. Haha I still worry I might have unsatisfactory iron level as I didn't eat much meat (except fried crab nugget/salmon steak/ebi fry) since pregger.

Only eat a lot of junk fried food, honey water, Milo, yakult, orange juice and grapes! Now I'm scared of sugar level :x

Oh ya I've never check before urine or anything else whenever I'm at my gynae. How and when do we check if we have gestational diabetes?

Last edited:
@caldaf Yeah usually I thought is only 4 digits. None of my friends share their Oscar results before so I didn't hear before what's good or not. Haha I still worry I might have unsatisfactory iron level as I didn't eat much meat (except fried crab nugget/salmon steak/ebi fry) since pregger.

Only eat a lot of junk fried food, honey water, Milo, yakult and grapes! Now I'm scared of sugar level :x

Oh ya I've never check before urine or anything else whenever I'm at my gynae. How and when do we check if we have gestational diabetes?
The blood test result is good so need not worry. Some people just produce more iron even if didnt consume meat. Take red date water lor...sure to help...n it is nice, dont think ur bb will dislike haha.

Nvr take urine test at gynae??? How can that be? Everytime during gynae appt, b4 see gynae got routine test right...the nurse will take ur weight, bp and pass u a urine strip to pee on the small colored markers. U mean u didnt? I see all mummies at kkh doing that leh...always have routine test before see gynae.

@caldaf yes I did have routine check up like take weight and BP but I never pee on any urine stick before. Maybe I'll go and ask my gynae how to know my sugar level all these too.

I think I'm too chillax. See baby through scan and doctor says normal I also didn't have anything much to ask. All forgotten until I read up more haha

So to check gestational diabetes is through urine? Or blood test again?

Only eat a lot of junk fried food, honey water, Milo, yakult and grapes! Now I'm scared of sugar level :x

Hello,

Yes, i am surprise you are not ask to do any urine test? maybe you wanna to ask your doctor, just tell him "how come most of the mummy in the forum say they keep doing urine test but why you so special no need to do ah?" Let see what he/she say. ha ha.

Gestational diabete check i believe is done in your 2nd trimeter. But urine test within 1st trimeter sure got at least do once or more de. No pain ya. ha ha

@caldaf yes I did have routine check up like take weight and BP but I never pee on any urine stick before. Maybe I'll go and ask my gynae how to know my sugar level all these too.

I think I'm too chillax. See baby through scan and doctor says normal I also didn't have anything much to ask. All forgotten until I read up more haha

So to check gestational diabetes is through urine? Or blood test again?
Hmmm i think at next gynae appt, u just ask the nurse who check ur bp. If she didnt give the urine stick, just ask her abt it on y u dont need. I thought that is standard routine lol...this kkh abit anyhow hor. Lol

Hello,

Yes, i am surprise you are not ask to do any urine test? maybe you wanna to ask your doctor, just tell him "how come most of the mummy in the forum say they keep doing urine test but why you so special no need to do ah?" Let see what he/she say. ha ha.

Gestational diabete check i believe is done in your 2nd trimeter. But urine test within 1st trimeter sure got at least do once or more de. No pain ya. ha ha

Ya lo! When I first popped in at clinic when I was around week 5, I didn't check urine too. So throughout I never check before. I'm going to pass first trimester soon still never check urine. Why so special :p

Don't think nurse forgot ba.. Yeah i just read about that. Will do in second trimester, another stage again.

Now I can't wait to see baby again! Especially when you told me about seeing the face hahaha

Hmmm i think at next gynae appt, u just ask the nurse who check ur bp. If she didnt give the urine stick, just ask her abt it on y u dont need. I thought that is standard routine lol...this kkh abit anyhow hor. Lol

Maybe KKH normal, is TMC anyhow lol. You all always check urine on every visit? But check urine is for what purpose? Check if there's any protein or infection?

Maybe KKH normal, is TMC anyhow lol. You all always check urine on every visit? But check urine is for what purpose? Check if there's any protein or infection?

Truth is i think all hospital sure got some anyhow de. ha ha. Honestly i also dunno is check for what, they say pee on the strip, so i pee. They say pay how much, we pay how much. No you know why parent all want their children to become doctor rite, so that can anyhow anyhow at work still make loads of $$$ :p

@aaa111 Okay that shall be my homework. Gonna ask the nurse why no need test urine. I see other mommies also like didn't come out with any pee sticks or bottle.

I shall observe during my next trip there haha

Oh i thought u r w kkh...then that explains. Diff hosp diff practice. Btw, the strip changes color if there is protein or sugar in our urine...there are 3 markers. Then i know slight change is ok...if change alot means not gd.

@caldaf Haha I'm with TMC, not KKH. The strip i think I did before pregger when I was suspected of having UTI. Ya if turn purple means got protein then no good. I think should be same type of urine test strip.

Do we have TMC mommies here too?

I went for 2 checks so far (2 diff clinics) and only did 1 urine test, to cfm pregnancy. No checks for sugar level etc yet too lol.

Thank u all with the inputs for Oscar and harmony. I was quoted $400 n $1100 so $700 difference which is quite significant haha.
Shall discuss again w my partner tn :)

Im given fish oil n calcium pills to eat from week 8. But i have been puking n calcium pills r so huge n unfriendly! See also wana puke

@caldaf Haha I'm with TMC, not KKH. The strip i think I did before pregger when I was suspected of having UTI. Ya if turn purple means got protein then no good. I think should be same type of urine test strip.

Do we have TMC mommies here too?

Me! I did urine test during my first appointment at 8 weeks plus but i didnt ask what it test for. Coz i see everyone after register will proceed to do urine test

Me same as u...no ms and appetite still good...put on so much weight(think too much lol).

Ya if everything ok...then no need see tcm. I went to see was becos of bleeding issues. Then now just continue see him to 'an tai'.

Same.. appetite still good but I still control cos b4 pregnant I already in 50plus carry on eating I hit 60. I cry!!!

Same loh my gynae told me no need see tcm. However, I got see my tcm while ttc.. going see him maybe let him know I already pregnant. :)

Anybody came across this kind of prenatal vitamin before? It comes in gummy form or chewable!
ImageUploadedByForum1453894208.727588.jpg
ImageUploadedByForum1453894234.260915.jpg

Looks like Singapore don't have the stock. Reviews say it taste like flintstones vitamin tablets.

My clinic just call also mention receive the fax and low risk for my oscar test. Yippee!!!
Congrats!

Also hor, some mummies who are having bb boy saw the tiny birdie during oscar scan. So those who didnt see at all maybe chance is gal (of cos, still can b boys).

@caldaf My sonograpgher don't even wanna help me see. She says last time got see then not confirmed then later people come back and say is they say one. So she don't even try haha

Congrats!

Also hor, some mummies who are having bb boy saw the tiny birdie during oscar scan. So those who didnt see at all maybe chance is gal (of cos, still can b boys).

Thanks!!

My hubby say he saw something when the sonographer was scanning the leg area and bb leg was high up and he say is boy.. I was like o_O Where Can See so early, the sonographer was saying can't see also...

Got a silly question to ask can we take grapes?? Lol...

Haha yes! I have been eating grapes, finished 3 boxes all by myself for the past few weeks. I only eat green seedless grapes though..

Very shiok when you popped in a few when they're cold :D

@jellyga Me too. I used to eat one green apple a day but few weeks back very hard to finish one apple due to MS, no fruits and low water intake causes constipation. So I tried grapes and it's working fine so far.

Haha I find green grapes nicer cause most of the time it's more succulent and tastier cause skin thinner. Sweet enough for me too!

Really very nervous. Will be doing my second oscar scan after the unsuccessful attempt last week. Hopefully, my baby's intestines will be in the body for the scan tomorrow... Baby, jia you!

@angelicheaven Maybe baby is too small when they do the scan. Yes tmrw scan will be good. Will be praying for you to have a good results tmrw! Start talking to your baby today, good posture and healthy baby. Keep us updated :)

Really very nervous. Will be doing my second oscar scan after the unsuccessful attempt last week. Hopefully, my baby's intestines will be in the body for the scan tomorrow... Baby, jia you!
What do you mean by "hopefully intestines will be in body" ? Do u mean gastrochisis ? Don't worry, usually will resolve at week 12 scan . My #1 had that but resolved itself without issues..

Can. But closer to due date you will find it uncomfortable and might need to upsize so maybe can consider wearing no wired bras especially if you intend to bf

Thanks for your advice!

I had being trying to take 2 servings of fruits for breakfast daily (mon-fri). Usually apple and dragonfruit.
My appetite changed slightly, totally cant live wo fried junk food (fried chicken wings, nuggets etc) and pasta. Stew and soyed food makes me nausea. Lol.

Back