1. We've compiled a list of frequently asked questions and their answers at http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/faq-on-using-the-new-forum.21478/
    Dismiss Notice

2016/07 July babies

Discussion in 'Year 2016 Mums' started by swu, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Sa_rahhhh

Sa_rahhhh Active Member

I'm going to the baby fair to get a playmat and some baby food to prepare for the upcoming trip.

See got any good deals on baby clothes also, seems like my boy is outgrowing some of the clothes liao...

Just tried the avocado (with my bm) and it taste....yucky hahahaha why baby eats this kind of food? :confused:

2. tuna

tuna Active Member

Haha! Need to acquire a taste for avocado, otherwise it does taste nasty. Now I love it, have it in sandwiches, with scrambled egg, on its own etc.

3. redvel

redvel Well-Known Member

My gal also wanna tor at first solid meal of avo. So I skipped it but today I passed it to ifc to let her try again at lunch time. I will know later when I pick her up.

For me I love it! This morning ate the remaining avo spread on bread.

4. redvel

redvel Well-Known Member

Mummies, when do we intro meat (like fresh fish)? So far it's vegetarian meals. Fish porridge also blend ah? Like quite erxin like that :p

5. snowfern

snowfern Active Member

Wah i love avocado de lor. Just spread on buttered toast, or avocado in salad, avocado milkshake... guacamole... During third trimester I had quite a bit. Hope bubbles acquired a taste for it back then haha

6. snowfern

snowfern Active Member

Found these in blw grps:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

For traditional Chinese I think they usually cook 午鱼 (threadfin) porridge right. But some ppl say don't intro seafood or meat too early or else the taste v strong, either bb reject or love it too much haha. I also not sure. Seems western guidelines vary considerably from Asian diet.

Evafantasy likes this.
  7. Sa_rahhhh

Sa_rahhhh Active Member

Mixed the avocado with my tuna mayo to make sandwich for my breakfast. I like avocado milkshake though, maybe it's sweeter than so bland~

8. emk

emk Active Member

Hmmm my mum never blend the porridge, she cook it longer and it become sticky type. So far emk jr having porridge and skip one bottle of milk.

9. tuna

tuna Active Member

Not erxin, quite nice leh I find. I share my previous experience: For each meal, I use a pc of small pc of fish (depends on what you like, usual ones are threadfin, cod fish, salmon), size is a square of approx 2-3 cm). Cook the pc of fish with the porridge, add whatever veg you like (eg carrot, pumpkin, broccoli, baby spinach). When it's cooked, take out the fish and mash it up finely carefully checking for bones, I use fingers to do it so no bones can escape). Stir into porridge and feed.
    I started fish and meat after 8 mths, can't remember why, probably read that baby may not be ready before that eg allergies. When even older, I added tomato and home made ikan bilis powder into porridge to give more flavour.
    Once we start fish, beware of super smelly poo :D

snowfern likes this.
  10. tuna

tuna Active Member

@redvel - forgot to ask u, how come need to blend since your brown rice already ground into fine powder liao right, or did I remember wrongly?

11. redvel

redvel Well-Known Member

Thanks mummies for sharing!

@snowfern those pics are very useful. Saved. Yay thanks.

@tuna I also screen shot your post :) Yes you remember right that I make rice powder but I was thinking for fish, no matter how I cook or manual-mesh, can't achieve purée state right? But then like you said, 8mo then start fish then I think no need so puréed by then.

For now, she still prefers very puréed texture. So even if I intro say baby spinach now, still need to blend?

12. tuna

tuna Active Member

I don't know, I've never used a blender for baby food, very traditional one, haha! I remember chopping up the baby spinach before cooking, and I also grated it in the bowl before feeding so it's smoother.
    Actually baby spinach is already very soft after cooking, my feel is don't need to blend.

13. verluv

verluv Active Member

Mine too.. still prefer purée state. Dun think she can take a slight bit of grainy feel stuff. She will give me the vomit look. Maybe give her more time to learn ba. I'm still giving butternut squash twice a day. Sometimes I mixed avocado into it. I stopped my porridge coz she doesn't really like it.. coz after mixing it with the butternut squash, it tends to cover the sweetness of the butternut squash. I'm still trying to figure out how to improve on her constipation condition.

14. tuna

tuna Active Member

@verluv - would more water help with the constipation? Bananas may help too. Can try.

15. KWL

KWL Well-Known Member

Anybody at HarbourFront Mothercare now?

16. verluv

verluv Active Member

Yup I'm trying to make her drink more water now. She doesn't seems to drink a lot of water coz I intro water quite late to her since she is taking Bm exclusively. I'm so desperate till I go n buy glucose powder and mix into the plain water hoping that she will take more water. Hopefully that helps

17. redvel

redvel Well-Known Member

Hi verluv for baby what's considered constipation? Like few days don't da bian?

18. redvel

redvel Well-Known Member

Btw my gal ate the avo yesterday lunch at ifc. So the article I read is correct. They don't like it once doesn't mean they won't eat it anymore.

tuna and snowfern like this.
  19. KWL

KWL Well-Known Member

I don't know if I can detect constipation anot because my girl's norm is to shit like every 5 days? And yesterday she shit only after 9 days haha

20. snowfern

snowfern Active Member

If I'm not wrong, once on solids should poop at least once every day. But I read some mummies say their PD says once every 1-2 days ok, as long as the poo is not hard like pebbles, or bb like straining..then must adjust diet and drink more water.

21. redvel

redvel Well-Known Member

Mine still poo once or twice a day. With solid, her poo texture is rather creamy. Like her purée. Lol.

I just brought her to supermarket in a ring sling. To n fro at least 20mins walk not counting the shopping time. I'm home and omg my back aches man. My sis has warned me because the sling is one sided so weight is not fairly distributed. With ergo baby don't have such issue. But good thing about this sling I got has light thin material and she doesn't sweat that much.

22. Evafantasy

Evafantasy Member

@redvel which ergo baby model are you using? I just bought a ergobaby adapt cos mine still small. Thought of getting another ergobaby 360 when she is older.

23. redvel

redvel Well-Known Member

I've no idea but I show you the pic. This is passdown. I really didn't do much research on baby wearing. Just trial n error whatever others passed to me.

For this one, when my gal was little, I rolled a thicker towel n let that be her seat. It works very well.

ImageUploadedByForum1484219490.524791.jpg

24. Evafantasy

Evafantasy Member

Oh I see...I can't tell much. Lol. Anyway, going to try on Erin. Then no need push pram anymore.

Today went to ifc to submit documents some more I bought baby Erin with me. See so many babies and the ifc she is going is 1 teacher to 3 babies. See 3 babies cry and teacher trying to handle. See already so heart pain. Wonder when Erin enter and she keep on crying how? Like so poor thing. Then I keep carry baby Erin and look at her.

25. redvel

redvel Well-Known Member

Hugs. The anxiety is real. I cried so hard before even enrolling her. But trust that it'll get better.

Now my baby comes home always happy. Maybe got many babies to play with. Not that she is big enough to physically play with the korkors and jiejies. But I know she enjoys watching other kids play. Baby going to ifc will also learn to self soothe better.

26. tuna

tuna Active Member

With ring sling, I find it less taxing if I put her in hip carry position. The cradle position super siong on shoulder!

27. redvel

redvel Well-Known Member

Oh so baby sitting on my side? Just now she sits chest to my chest. Maybe like that is bad for back? I shall try your advice. Really cannot afford to hurt my back when my 妈妈手still hasn't stopped. Thanks!

28. Evafantasy

Evafantasy Member

I come back home I cry loh. Keep telling her she is going to school ler. Scare she can't sense mommy and not there for her.
    Then tmr I must try bottle feed her and find out how much she drinks, her nap time, feeding time. Must spend my remaining leave with her more.

29. redvel

redvel Well-Known Member

Yes cherish every moment :) As for routine, actually don't worry too much. The nannies/teachers there are experienced enough to catch baby cues. My gal somehow drinks more sleeps more there (well according to the records. Ha unless they anyhow write). And baby Erin is still little...she will easily fit into the class culture in no time. She will be fine!

30. Evafantasy

Evafantasy Member

Wow... that's sound like gd leh. Hopefully baby Erin can adapt there. You prepare extra milk bottles for them or give exact like when at home?

31. redvel

redvel Well-Known Member

My gal is on fm. I leave 3 bottles there. 2 for milk. 1 for water (smaller hole teat).

You'll need to label everything with Erin name. So I use sticky labels on bottles. For clothes and towels and bibs etc, use marker to write. Some parents embroiders on those fabric.

But all these should be in the guide book. And the teachers should be briefing you anyway prior to starting.

32. verluv

verluv Active Member

My girl poo everyday and there was a day her poo poo is very hard, though not to the pebble extend. Now better with more water. I'm trying to make her drink125ml of water.

33. bibibaba84

bibibaba84 New Member

hi all. so glad to find the thread for 2016 july baby :)
    my gal refused to latch on these days. any mom have this experience before? i feel so sad when she turn away from my breast and cry like hell when trying to latch on her

34. snowfern

snowfern Active Member

Period returning? Change in diet?

35. KWL

KWL Well-Known Member

Haha this is one of the active-est thread! Nice to meet u!

36. tuna

tuna Active Member

@snowfern - how's bubbles after today's jabs?

37. snowfern

snowfern Active Member

As always, babbling non-stop, slept a bit, rinse repeat. Temp was mildly elevated until midnight spike at 37.9, gave her panadol, but she just couldn't keep it down, gagged and threw up the two doses. I gave up and hoped some got into her system, wiped her down to 37.

Now she's up and babbling again, dadadee, ehh, yaagaga badada ow. I think she's telling us about the painful jabs XD. 37.5 but I'm waiting for her milk to settle before giving her the panadol again.

tuna likes this.
  38. candymoshi

candymoshi Active Member

I find it really hard to feed med to baby since they can't seem to swallow or dun want to swallow.

I put the med into the milk n hope they finish all... (not advisable but bopian for me)...

39. candymoshi

candymoshi Active Member

Have not experienced before... usually he rejects but it's one off...

Just this morn he cried at 2am and I tried to latch him and he got so upset. Now that I am awake I think it's becos I offered him the lazy boob (trying to increase output) and he can't get the let down fast enough. Offered a few times he got sooooo upset... gave him an ice teether cos i thot he teething pain. He bite awhile but end up crying out loud... offered again and he could take it...

My conclusion, lazy boob + teething pains... plus tired in the nite?

40. snowfern

snowfern Active Member

The nurse told me to aim for the inside cheeks when giving via syringe cos it will auto absorb..last night she swallowed but a few seconds or minutes later I see her tummy like spasm. Then spew. Three times over 2 doses. I think maybe cos I also let her drink a bit of cold barley at same time. Bad move.

This morning tried something different. Used the spoon which I usually give her biogaia with. She recognized and willingly took it until she realized it wasn't biogaia XD. But I distracted her with songs, mimicked taking the meds, made her laugh.

Managed to get ~2ml into her. She did gag and cough a few times, but it stayed down. Then she stood up and aimed her open mouth at my boob, so I gave her milk. While taking a break from milk I tried to give her a bit more panadol, she faster turned her head and clamped down on my boob again lol. Jin funny. Like NOPE MUMMY MY MOUTH IS FULL.

Still 37.8℃ even after wipe down. She's drowsy, don't recall ever seeing her like this before. Trying to latch her to sleep but she's fighting it.

Gonna be another long day.

tuna likes this.
  41. KWL

KWL Well-Known Member

Then u still want to start BLW tmr ah?

42. snowfern

snowfern Active Member

Why not? Doubt she will be allergic to avocado and she'll be more than happy to be half naked again lol!!

Why ah, shld I be concerned about anything I just worried about the mess, but that's why do when hubby is around maaaaa lol

tuna likes this.
  43. KWL

KWL Well-Known Member

44. KWL

KWL Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017 at 10:38 AM
    Turquoisevibes likes this.
  45. KWL

KWL Well-Known Member

46. candymoshi

candymoshi Active Member

Would you like to join the Whatsapp Chat? If ok then I will add u... :)

47. Turquoisevibes

Turquoisevibes New Member

48. Turquoisevibes

Turquoisevibes New Member

Hi Hi, I am back :)

Just to say, this thread has been very interesting to follow and a companion throughout my pregnancy.

Hope we will have a chance to meet someday with the little ones.

49. Frankie Tong

Frankie Tong Member

Hi Jul 17 mummy,

We have recently added this 'Prenatal Coverage for Pregnancy' at Singapore Motherhood Directory page, please click the link to read more https://goo.gl/4sIJNN

and redeem your complimentary Baby Stroller Organiser https://goo.gl/qxst6s

Plus you will receive a Complimentary ebook on 'An Essential Pregnancy Guide'.

Congrats all new mummy.

50. emk

emk Active Member

Emk jr finally teething .. recently he loves to bite on the teether, so I go n touch on his bottom gum and can feel a hard teeth but never see any white spot leh .. what should I prepare ? Tooth n tooth paste? Oh ya he poo more dark green colour, is it becoz he ate avocado?

51. Sa_rahhhh

Sa_rahhhh Active Member

You can buy a tooth brush for him. I got a Pigeon stage 1 toothbrush for Ian and just help to brush his 2 teeth. Initially he doesn't like, but subsequently he seems to enjoy. I think it helps because his teeth and gums are itchy. Have no use any toothpaste yet, don't think they will know how to split out. Unless the paste can eat one. HAHA~

For the poo, I think it's related to the avocado. :p

52. KWL

KWL Well-Known Member

KWL jr is happily shouting and chuckling Everyday. Still bo geh hahaha

53. candymoshi

candymoshi Active Member

#JournalsofJ also still bogeh... but chewing teether like nobody's business...

54. redvel

redvel Well-Known Member

Mine too. No teeth although I read that starting solid will encourage the teeth to come out faster.

@emk my gal had broccoli and also ended up greenish poo. Normal.

I think my gal still has lots to learn on sitting on her own. Still peng sung when I sit her unassisted. Any baby already reached that milestone?

55. KWL

KWL Well-Known Member

Haven't reach that milestone too

56. KWL

KWL Well-Known Member

My little one knows how to reach out arms n cry for specific ppl to care her. This is milestone right! Say yes!

57. candymoshi

candymoshi Active Member

Mine will look super excited kick kick kick but nv lift up his hands! So yours is a Milestone ya!

58. redvel

redvel Well-Known Member

Yes that is so @KWL.

Mine reaches her hands to everyone tho hahah.

But I also believe she is starting to recognize/wanting me specifically. At times when she is cranky and is being carried by others, she sees me walk past she will ee ee eh eh eyes glued on me.

Her taobao cheongsums arrived!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Sa_rahhhh, tuna and starview like this.
  59. KWL

KWL Well-Known Member

Nice! Doll ur little ones up. Share pic with face masked!

60. starview

starview Member

@redvel the cheongsums are so pretty!

My girl is still toothless. But recently she hates cleaning her mouth, so not sure if this is a sign of teething.

I only let my girl try cereal and she likes it. I intend to feed her more varieties of food after her 6-mths vaccinations.