2016/07 July babies

@KWL wow that's fast, u can put a tick on the health booklet 6-12 months review page already. I remember few of the review list like clap hand, wave good bye and one of it is recognize people. :)

my dad came over in the morning. It's been about 1-2 weeks since he saw my baby. And guess what? My little one wailed like no tomorrow and regard him as stranger. This happened to my mil who does weekly visits too.

Anyone experienced this? Little one is starting to recognize people. I cannot imagine if I need to send her to infant care like @redvel
Same here @KWL. My parents hadn't seen her for about 1 wk, and when we met for dinner last Saturday, they look at her only she cried and escalated into screaming that permeated the whole restaurant. Jialat. And i thought stranger anxiety usually sets in at around 7 mths :eek:

Reactions: KWL
@KWL mine also cry like nobody business when my dad carries him. Last time he will laugh and play with him when my dad play hokkien song on his radio. So fast recognize people? o_O

Hehe the school bag got all the essentials like milk powder, bottles, diapers, bath stuff, extra clothings, bibs and hankies, blanket, bed sheet (purchased from IFC), pillow and chouchou. Also brought her bouncer along. First day got many things to pack. End of day picking her up also will have items to bring home to wash daily.

Today and tomorrow I'll be at IFC half the day. Will let her stay only half day to slowly familiarize. 3rd day I'll have to drop her off early early and go work and leave her whole day already.

So far, she cried abit due to new environment. But partly also sleepy (especially post jab). Nanny who attended to her seems to be able to make her drink all and quickly drifted to a nap.

As for recognizing faces, i think my gal already could some time ago. Always cried so chum when we went to our usual hawker centre on Saturday and the popiah stall auntie wanna play with her. lol . And before we moved back to my inlaws', the weekly visit to their place also started with some cries. But now that we stay together, baby is ok already.

Just now me and hubby went for breakfast after settling her at IFC. When I returned, she saw me and made wide smile with chuckles omggg my heart melted like mad.

Last edited:
Chum. Mine is so friendly till everyone also she will open arms to carry hahaha*nervous laughter* must jaga with babywear.

But she has started the niamteetee already. Now I can't even shower in peace, used to be MIL or husband will watch her in bouncer or carry her and I can have a good 15 mins. Since early last week as soon as I step away, cry. They carry her also won't stop whining, cry till tears come out. Or stop and a bit, I come out of toilet she will burst into tears again and scold me when I carry her. Then ok liow, laugh.

And if I'm just alone w her, I will put her in the bouncer, then leave her outside the toilet door with it half open so she can see me shower. All along ok until last Tuesday. As long as I turn my face away from view, wail. Turn back, sobbing slow down, grin. Cannot play peekaboo with her either, she gets super upset.

They say this elephant brand superglue will happen if u latch bb to sleep, but she already refuses to nap and can go whole morning protesting sleep, only way is to latch to zzzz. Tried white noise, close curtains and doors, on air con, on radio, off radio...swaddle and even babywear also cannot. Driving me nuts and getting super touched out until I dun even allow hubby to touch me.

How lah like that?!?

@snowfern haha your baby sound so sweet la.. Mine still friendly to people around me. Only got one time in the wedding lunch, my mil carry him to go around n meet relative then he cry.

@snowfern haha your baby sound so sweet la.. Mine still friendly to people around me. Only got one time in the wedding lunch, my mil carry him to go around n meet relative then he cry.

He probably got shocked....that night can sleep properly? Bubbles if meet too many people she will get super sticky and cry in her sleep....

Ok I know I am not alone. I don't mind if baby cries if she meets strangers. But these are relatives leh. Very embarrassing!

I just did a wefie with my little one with our tummy on the bed. And as I was using front camera, halfway thru, I think she saw herself in the camera and broke into a chuckle. I managed to catch it with me in the frame. Super happy!

And yes, today I texted my boss to inform and remind him that I am going back next mon. To my surprise, my boss replied that he welcome me back and he knows that it is a trying period. Ask me to take my leave whenever my daughter needs me. Omgggggg. I appreciate the trust and flexibility he's giving. Love my boss! I promise to work hard, ok!

I returned work at 3pm today after settling baby at IFC in morning and brought her back home at 1ish. I couldn't be back home till 9pm. Came home to see a sleeping baby with little swollen eyes. She had been cranky and crying since 7pm till 8plus. Hubby had to burp her few times because sucked in too much air while crying. My heart sank.

Could be post jab crankiness. Could be the usual early days aftermath reaction when placed at IFC. Or she just not happy mummy came home late.

Gonna give her lotsa tlc tonight.

I returned work at 3pm today after settling baby at IFC in morning and brought her back home at 1ish. I couldn't be back home till 9pm. Came home to see a sleeping baby with little swollen eyes. She had been cranky and crying since 7pm till 8plus. Hubby had to burp her few times because sucked in too much air while crying. My heart sank.

Could be post jab crankiness. Could be the usual early days aftermath reaction when placed at IFC. Or she just not happy mummy came home late.

Gonna give her lotsa tlc tonight.
Could be one shot too much changes to her routine. New environment then mummy is not home to welcome her. Something that break her routine.

All your babies sound so sweet and happy! My boy still don't want to drink when he's at my MIL place.

Don't know what's wrong, but when I brought him home I can feel him 160ml. o_O 难道他也想妈妈了?

Reactions: emk
Maybe the way of feeding is different. My hub feed my baby forever cannot finish the whole bottle.

Today I went to ms square bumwear during lunch time and wanna have a feel of Tula material, but they close..What a luck!

No2 started IFC yday but only for half day for 3 days. Thu onwards then would be full day drop off Liao.

Baby drank and napped well past 2 days in IFC. But day 1 HB couldn't get him to take his feeds, today day 2 back to normal feedings.

So far dun have stranger anxiety yet, anybody carry also ok. He is super excited and responsive when people talk or play with him. Super love it when he BEAMS his bright smile at me!

Today returned from work and reached home ard 7pm. After pumping + dinner, he fell asleep without me putting him to bed. Was overly tired cos missed one nap. Miss him! But it's also good that HB and I got our couple time after dropping both kids to "school"...

Candymoshi wow very long never hear from you. I was wondering how you doing, maybe you busy with two kids so no time to login here. Haha

Yesterday my hubby commented how fast baby has grown. He used iPhone to auto create a video of the photos we took since day 1. We saw how baby's face has changed and different milestones were achieved at each stage.

It does feel like a flashback report card. Like how far u have gone in this journey and what you have achieved. Sometimes I also play back my weekly pregnant shots and recall how amazing and fun it was when she was in my tummy.

Beautiful life :)
Let's stay connected!

And I salute any mums who are planning to have another one soon.

Is this good? Thinking if I should invest in a portable one.

Attachments

• IMG_1261.PNG
    IMG_1261.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 81

I bought Cimilre F1 (somewhat similar to S9+) both brands used to be under the same group but now sort of branch out liao

I think portability is very important. Brought the pump out when I went JB the other day with hub, can pump inside the car when there's a jam at the custom.

Candymoshi wow very long never hear from you. I was wondering how you doing, maybe you busy with two kids so no time to login here. Haha

Haha! I think I logged in less in Oct cos was bZ w friends wedding and going back to work.

Started working 2-day from 17 Oct, last week 2-day and this week 3-day. Next week will be "reality" Liao! Back to work fully! Weekend got one special project which is Flag Day. One weekend friend's wedding. So leave my kids to my HB and inlaws.

HB can't get no2 to feed and nap as well, but no harm done lah, one or 2 days wun die one haha!

But HB stay home means the chores not done! I gotta catch up on the chores in the 3 days that I stay at home. Basically not fair 就是了. HB says gonna engage a PT helper to help w the chores when I am fully back at work. I'm dropping hair now so I buay tahan seeing the strands on the floor. Used to vacumn once a week, now 2 days once still can see hairs!

Looking forward to clearing leave in nov/dec while the kids r in school!

Oh! My HB won company lucky draw, $1.5k travel vouchers! Need to get passport for no2 NAO!

I'm currently using one. Pretty good in my opinion, been using since day 1. Currently, one full charge can last me about 3 pumping session (4 if really want to stretch battery, but normally i dont) for abt 30-45mins each session. There's vibrating sound when it's on, however my colleague who sits beside my cube claimed thats she didnt hear anything when i was pumping. As for size, it can fit at the top of my vcool cooler bag. As im pumping in cube, i do have visitors. i can put in my lap, with nursing cover etc, cant be seen that i'm pumping.

My massage lady and another colleague recommend M1 though, about same size but they say the suction is better, thus clear boobs better.

I bought Cimilre F1 (somewhat similar to S9+) both brands used to be under the same group but now sort of branch out liao

I think portability is very important. Brought the pump out when I went JB the other day with hub, can pump inside the car when there's a jam at the custom.

I used Spectra M1 to pump in JB and on my overseas trips. S9 and F1 is more portable! But I read S9 cannot work too hard. If you are hardcore pumping, can break down in 2 months (read from EP MUMS FB group)...

F1 still a very new product, no reviews on failure yet. And I'm very gian the new handsfree pumping set! But too bad dun have my size... I only pump 10mins not big issue whether handsfree or not...

@candymoshi i heard the same for some S9+ korean set, but not all. So they say like heng suay what set you get. Mine is local set. I'm using it 3hrly-4hrly for first two months, then 5hrly now...i'm more towards EP, now i wonder if i belong to hardcore group or not lol....

@candymoshi i heard the same for some S9+ korean set, but not all. So they say like heng suay what set you get. Mine is local set. I'm using it 3hrly-4hrly for first two months, then 5hrly now...i'm more towards EP, now i wonder if i belong to hardcore group or not lol....

EP is hardcore! Haha! I think if u rely on one pump machine only, u r hardcore...

I have a PISA at home and M1 at office so it is still working! When I returned the PISA to my friend, I rely fully on M1 for 5-6mo commuting between office + home, 4pumps a day... now still using the m1 for no2, once a day.

I have been eyeing the s9+ cos so small! But I read the review then i scared... imagine spent $100+ then last only 2 months...

But another school of thot is, u can buy 2-3 spectra with the price of one PISA so can afford for it to spoil haha. Heng heng my m1 still lasting...

If still within warranty can still repair the S9+, no harm getting it! :)

I'm still quite gian on getting the M1 too. Just want to try what they mean by "hopital grade" pump. Got an Avent double pump at home, F1 in office, so don't know how to justify if I'm getting the M1. :p Think my hub will niam and shake head at me.

This also reminds me about an article I read on FB this morning about BF. People always say BF-ing is free, but then do they know that behind this BF journey, we actually spent quite a lot. Storage bags/bottles, nursing bras/clothing, cooler bag, etc. :eek:

Anyway, it's Wednesday, MID-WEEK! Happy working for those who's working!~

Speaking of hair drop, I started dropping hair like crazy! *sobs!* I don't have those big volume hair, so now if continue dropping like crazy I will go bald sooner or later.

Mummies, any good recommendation on shampoo to prevent hair loss? Or maybe promote hair growth? :confused:

EP is hardcore! Haha! I think if u rely on one pump machine only, u r hardcore...

I have a PISA at home and M1 at office so it is still working! When I returned the PISA to my friend, I rely fully on M1 for 5-6mo commuting between office + home, 4pumps a day... now still using the m1 for no2, once a day.

I have been eyeing the s9+ cos so small! But I read the review then i scared... imagine spent $100+ then last only 2 months...

But another school of thot is, u can buy 2-3 spectra with the price of one PISA so can afford for it to spoil haha. Heng heng my m1 still lasting...

If still within warranty can still repair the S9+, no harm getting it! :)
$100 plus is korean set, if need repair i heard must repair in korea, thus shipping cost. My local set is $318 ( with some freebies at fair )...still cheaper than medela though....

@Sa_rahhhh without realising, ya i think about it now, spent quite a lot on the bf gadgets. Yes, my hair also dropping more than usual. It's not obvious to me but recently my stylist say i lost abt 20-30% of my hair volume at temples, forehead, top of head and back ( seems like everywhere liao lor...). My hair is short, so she made sure i got bangs to cover my forehead/temples side, so cant see the hair loss. Didnt buy any shampoo for it, because i dont think any of it works.

@Sa_rahhhh without realising, ya i think about it now, spent quite a lot on the bf gadgets. Yes, my hair also dropping more than usual. It's not obvious to me but recently my stylist say i lost abt 20-30% of my hair volume at temples, forehead, top of head and back ( seems like everywhere liao lor...). My hair is short, so she made sure i got bangs to cover my forehead/temples side, so cant see the hair loss. Didnt buy any shampoo for it, because i dont think any of it works.
Yeah, from what I know, there's no real proven effective hair regrowth shampoo or medication. My MIL and ahma swear by Yohmo Tonic, personally I think hair growth is linked to diet, lifestyle and genetics. My mother and her mother has very thin hair, even lesser after delivery. My father's side all white hair at early age. Guess who drew the short straw in the genetic toss up XD

yohmo-tonic-strong-yohmo1002.jpg

That said, I will probably still use it since I quite like the smell, and it doesn't cost all that much, iirc about $18-20++ per bottle, and can use for a long time. I also think shorter hairstyles reduce rate of drop as we're less likely to keep tugging or mussing about with it.

Today I went to ms square bumwear during lunch time and wanna have a feel of Tula material, but they close..What a luck!
Tula fever is everywhere! Even I kena bitten and trying to resist scratching the itch....there seems to be an alternative to Tula, Soul Full Buckle. The straps seem to be less thick, but overall structure and fit is similar, according to reviews. And almost half the price. I'll be at a sling meet tmrw, hope to try on some SSC and figure out if Tula is a good fit for me!

$100 plus is korean set, if need repair i heard must repair in korea, thus shipping cost. My local set is $318 ( with some freebies at fair )...still cheaper than medela though....
Aiya medela also heng suay la .. My medela spoilt in less than 3 months lo.

Back to my Nanny life again after two days at work.. What a pull hair day, my baby refuse to sleep since morning, finally he give up at 3pm.. I'm so tired. Working is better haha

@snowfern i'm one of those tt draw the short straw lor....been hvg white hair since early 30's. and now my stylist refused to dye my hair when she knows im still bf-ing, tho i read it's safe for bf. So in office, i keep joking tt i hope i continue to look wise now (been not dye-ing hair since preg time) with all the white hair....:)

@Wonderpuff I think I need to pay a visit to my hair stylist liao...maybe do a treatment see if it helps.

@snowfern where can I get the Yohmo Tonic? I guess it doesn't hurt to try :) Once you buy a Tula, you will want to buy a second one hahaha~

@snowfern i'm one of those tt draw the short straw lor....been hvg white hair since early 30's. and now my stylist refused to dye my hair when she knows im still bf-ing, tho i read it's safe for bf. So in office, i keep joking tt i hope i continue to look wise now (been not dye-ing hair since preg time) with all the white hair....:)
Your stylist is sweet la. See, dun even want to earn ur $ :)

@Wonderpuff I think I need to pay a visit to my hair stylist liao...maybe do a treatment see if it helps.

@snowfern where can I get the Yohmo Tonic? I guess it doesn't hurt to try :) Once you buy a Tula, you will want to buy a second one hahaha~
You can check out those neighbourhood beauty essentials, p.s. essentials type of shops, I notice they go for less than the TCM shops....

Back to my Nanny life again after two days at work.. What a pull hair day, my baby refuse to sleep since morning, finally he give up at 3pm.. I'm so tired. Working is better haha

I find working more tired hahah.

Just collected the goods from IFC. Lol. Today so far I think baby is coping fine. When she is back home she seems to be playing on her own. Not a sign she misses me. I guess that's good :)

I find working more tired hahah.

Just collected the goods from IFC. Lol. Today so far I think baby is coping fine. When she is back home she seems to be playing on her own. Not a sign she misses me. I guess that's good :)
Oh ..for me in office at least I'm sitting down all the time, at home I got to stand and carry a 7kg baby with me. In office can eat snack or go lunch whenever I'm hungry .. At home I hungry also can't eat if baby not sleeping.. In office can go pump milk at fix timing at home cannot :( the bad thing about going back to work is got to wake up 5:30am daily n night time still need to coax baby sleep.

Ya, so tempted to buy a tula too! The designs all so nice. If my co confirm we have year end bonus in dec, then i will get one :)

I also find working more relaxing than taking care of baby. I really salute those stay at home mothers!

I'm back at work one month! Actually it's good to be back at work, more freedom to do things, like go pump milk and eat. Just that till now, I still will have the 依依不舍 feeling whenever I go work in the morning. Also, waking up extra early to pump once more before leaving for work.

Ohh, and the household chores got to leave till weekend then can do. Can be quite a lot. HAHA~

I read all your comments regarding the qoo deal. So I should buy anot? Hahaha. I currently have an avent pump and many many of its accessories. I scared but spectra Liao need to buy many many bottles and parts too

I read all your comments regarding the qoo deal. So I should buy anot? Hahaha. I currently have an avent pump and many many of its accessories. I scared but spectra Liao need to buy many many bottles and parts too

@KWL if you have those avent storage cups, it comes with connector tt fits into spectra flanges.

Back