2016/07 July babies

I think no egg white for bb below age of 1. Has anyone read that before? I remember following that rule for #1 and 2. Possibility of allergy to the white. I just googled though, that recommendations are changing. I'll probably avoid just the same, only give yolk.

Nah, wasn't thinking that comrade! This time round I'm so much more patient with bb, so I actually feel a bit bad for complaining. Sometimes she cry, I'll look and her and go "omg, she's really so cute! Even the crying is so 有性格!" so when I have bad days n grumble, I actually feel bad after the whole thing blows over. I'm just so thankful bb is healthy and well, and I remind myself there are many very ill babies out there whose mummies can only wish to hear their baby cry/fuss/demand to be carried because that is a sign of health and life.
I also same, she sometimes cry the pattern, I want to laugh is damn cute or silly. Esp the pouty lower lip, holding back tears kind, Aiyoh heart melt.

Having been through a few rough moments during pregnancy with her, I just sort of always feel immense relief that she is considered healthy. I am prone to anxiety attacks, so I try not to let negative feelings escalate, especially since lack of sleep is unavoidable these few months (and coming years?!??).

I definitely don't want to take bubbles' wellbeing for granted. I'm in a very good place right now, and wouldn't switch it for the world :)

#firstworldproblems

@starview tmrw (or later today) is the last day, but cannot try on and no refunds/exchanges.... really tempted but I think I will wait for the next warehouse sale to get a toddler one... right now quite in between size, but cheap also may not use enough to justify the trouble (or so.I tell myself so I won't anyhow impulse buy haha)

Ya la, is true, all babies develop at their own pace, but I can understand your feeling...

Bubbles also very interested in her thumb lately! I dunno when to intervene! Yesterday she even chuk a bit, take out thumb to admire, then chuk more furiously like shiok only! But at least she is still rotating through her fingers so I think still considered exploration stage.

I might get her a blanket buddy so she sucks that instead. She did chuk on her pram blanket a bit today for a bit of variety....
Lol!! So cute! Admire thumb!
Mine chuks her thumb, fist, and is starting to grab my hair, my top as well as my hand to chuk as well.

How do your babies unlatch? I'm asking because I'm wondering if other babies also yank their head the other side (hard!) so nip pops out.

Lol!! So cute! Admire thumb!
Mine chuks her thumb, fist, and is starting to grab my hair, my top as well as my hand to chuk as well.

How do your babies unlatch? I'm asking because I'm wondering if other babies also yank their head the other side (hard!) so nip pops out.
Ya! I couldn't believe what I was seeing cos I was trying to capture pics of her sucking thumb to show that bubbles inherited her godmum's (my cousin) thumbsucking!

IMG_20161028_072757.jpg

And here she is trying to suck both hands at the same time, damn tamjiak!

If bubbles unlatches after she falls asleep, she might even clamp down, so I sometimes whisper to warn her not to bite mummy when I notice her nod off. If she is still not sleepy or if frustrated with the flow, ya, she will niplash tug and "pok!" off the nipple. I fear by the time she weans off my nipples will rival those on cow udders.....

Question: if your bb turns to sleep on their sides, or flips over, in the middle of the night, do you risk waking them by putting them on their backs?

Question: if your bb turns to sleep on their sides, or flips over, in the middle of the night, do you risk waking them by putting them on their backs?

Mine will sleep on his sides now that he knows how to flip. I don't put him back to sleep on his back though but will put a small bloster behind to help support. Sometimes he will move himself and he's back to his original position though.

Mine will sleep on his sides now that he knows how to flip. I don't put him back to sleep on his back though but will put a small bloster behind to help support. Sometimes he will move himself and he's back to his original position though.
Does he sleep in an arched position like head looking at sky? Bubbles last 3 days keep sleeping like that, and she has been playing in her crib flipping side to side but not completely over yet...but she has never slept on her front before (except on me, for short periods while I'm burping her) so I dunno what would be recommended.

Keep waking up in middle of night to check on her when i hear her move...if she never move I panic and see if she's still breathing omg why am I so liddat

My baby sleep in arched position when he shift and reach top of the baby cot, his face will look up and press against the bumper. So far ok leh.. I only pull him down when I wake up to pump milk, during his nap time in the day I will not touch him because he is very sensitive.

@starview I didn't went to the warehouse sales, but I check with the lady who went there. Yes is brand new, she said there will be a signboard telling why those carrier are on sales, it could be missing price tag etc etc that's why is on sales.

@tuna can heat up fresh milk using warmer?

My baby sleep in arched position when he shift and reach top of the baby cot, his face will look up and press against the bumper. So far ok leh.. I only pull him down when I wake up to pump milk, during his nap time in the day I will not touch him because he is very sensitive.
So scary de. Her mattress is on an incline so unless she go mountain climbing I don't think will reach the top like your boy! She also v sensitive, esp in day. Ok I will leave her be.

Btw ur breathable bumper got update or not? I paid via bank transfer and emailed them as per faq, but no response since Friday morn. Think they holiday mood liow.

No update also leh ..just now before I pump milk I pull him down , now I finished pumping n went in to see.. Climb up the mountain again .. Is this arched position same as bubbles ?
ImageUploadedByForum1477786914.899109.jpg

Thanks @emk. Today seems better. But I hear wind howling, cham, tonight will rain heavily again.
Strange hor, decrease feeding amt to encourage bb to ditch night feeds. I imagine if someone doesn't feed me properly in day time, I'll keep waking up hungry.
You were asking about fresh milk, yea, I intro after 1.5 yo. Would warm over stove. But on hot days in afternoon I don't heat, cold should be quite shiok for bb.
Yea that's what the expert advice, but I think now they still too young for that, if touchwood after 8months still wake up for night feeding then maybe can try this method. I personally feel that once the baby reach their max intake for the day they will sttn. I notice this trends from my milk record book la, now my baby drink 700-800 plus milk, if by evening 5 plus he drink 600 plus already, I will be hoping 8plus will be his last milk. Usually 7 plus he tired n wanna sleep will be noisy then I just drag la .. Drag pass 8pm then I will make more milk and let him drink as much as he want n sleep .. Just sharing on my messing milk intake book record to have a better picture of what I wrote above.
ImageUploadedByForum1477787539.453200.jpg

@tuna your kids been keeping you busy huh! Kinda missed you and @gan1972, hope her bb's rash problem has been resolved....

I rem u once asked how we rinse bb's bottom before they go into the tub, I.tried your method of plonking baby on/between your feet/calves, life has been much easier since! I only some times a bit scared she straighten her legs suddenly and slip through my calves and knock her head....haha very "final destination" imagination ....
Snow fern my baby rashes have resolved since changing to similac so guess the rashes is due to the fm.

I haven't log on for a while coz there is a life changing event in my life... I found out that I have breast cancer. Just had a mastectomy done on Friday. The hardness in my breast which tmc told me is block milk duct, the blockage which no matter how I massage or pump that doesn't disappear turns out to be something bad lor.

Anyway now is for me to fight on to recovery.

I think no egg white for bb below age of 1. Has anyone read that before? I remember following that rule for #1 and 2. Possibility of allergy to the white. I just googled though, that recommendations are changing. I'll probably avoid just the same, only give yolk.
I didn't give my elder egg white till pass 1 year old too....

Snow fern my baby rashes have resolved since changing to similac so guess the rashes is due to the fm.

I haven't log on for a while coz there is a life changing event in my life... I found out that I have breast cancer. Just had a mastectomy done on Friday. The hardness in my breast which tmc told me is block milk duct, the blockage which no matter how I massage or pump that doesn't disappear turns out to be something bad lor.

Anyway now is for me to fight on to recovery.
Really shocking news. Have PM you. *warm hug for you and baby*

The HPB book has info on solid. I took it out to revise ahead just a few days ago.

@gan1972 oh no. Take care. Hope u have a speedy recovery. Ur little one will be ur motivation to press on!

On sleeping postures, mine tend to leak shh shh if the bottom is twisted and not placed straight.

On shit, don't worry about ur little one's poop. My record has been every 3 days since confinement period and now longest stretch is 7days. Some good days will be once daily. So all that u all have described is small case to a dirty baby here.

@gan - sorry to hear your news. Do try to put your own recovery, and resting with follow-on treatments if any, first. Do post if there's any help you think we can offer, like fbm, for your LO. Take care.

Yea that's what the expert advice, but I think now they still too young for that, if touchwood after 8months still wake up for night feeding then maybe can try this method. I personally feel that once the baby reach their max intake for the day they will sttn. I notice this trends from my milk record book la, now my baby drink 700-800 plus milk, if by evening 5 plus he drink 600 plus already, I will be hoping 8plus will be his last milk. Usually 7 plus he tired n wanna sleep will be noisy then I just drag la .. Drag pass 8pm then I will make more milk and let him drink as much as he want n sleep .. Just sharing on my messing milk intake book record to have a better picture of what I wrote above. View attachment 662848
Thanks @emk. Will try to dream feed her to see if it makes a difference at night. But what you shared does coincide with her current pattern - not drinking much as she's too distracted with everything else going on in the world.
No problem heating up fresh milk with milk warmer, but I didn't as I don't have a milk warmer. Haha, ya, don't know why I never bought one. And I transitted to sippy cup after some time, so made sense for me to warm over stove and pour into cup.

My thoughts are with you gan1972. I pray on your speedy recovery. Like the rest mentioned, if there's help we can render, please do share. Big hugs.

Yay!!! At first hubby says maybe baby is unstable so lost balance. I don't believe and tried another 10times.
LMAO! You damn hardcore. But I am the same HAHAHAHA chum. This week bubbles got off easy, I never tummy time at all. But she big big.merlion again earlier, I don't have the heart to torture her again :(

Yo morning everyone, I'm on my way to work. My unofficially back to work today haha. Wake up at 5:30am to pump milk, wake my sleepy baby up who refuse to open his eyes, so poor thing got to wake up so early. feed him and carry him to my hub car by 6:30am. Bring along his fav ball and hanging toys and put on car seat with him. My hub feedback that baby didn't cry also didn't sleep while on the way to my mum house. I got an hour to prepare myself and off to work at 7:30am. Nice start!

Yo morning everyone, I'm on my way to work. My unofficially back to work today haha. Wake up at 5:30am to pump milk, wake my sleepy baby up who refuse to open his eyes, so poor thing got to wake up so early. feed him and carry him to my hub car by 6:30am. Bring along his fav ball and hanging toys and put on car seat with him. My hub feedback that baby didn't cry also didn't sleep while on the way to my mum house. I got an hour to prepare myself and off to work at 7:30am. Nice start!

U didn't take ur hubby car to work?

@KWL never .. Not on the way and he start work at 8, me at 9..Haha im pumping in nursing room now, wow so many mummies... 3 room was full at 11am ...

Emk , Hope you're enjoying a little break for yourself in a way:)

My gal got her vaccines again today. She cried a bit but not as drama as the last. Completed her 2 dosages of rotavirus oral.

Her white tongue is thickening but doesn't seem to bother her feeding however pd has referred her to a baby dermatologist. May need to scrap a bit of the white thing to test if it's fungal.

Last edited:
I did ask pd if this round of vaccines may be more prone to fever (last round baby was fine; just a little more tired). She says it's the same. So I finger crossed that my gal will be ok this time too. I've already just talked to IFC just now. All set to go to bring baby in tomorrow, if really no fever.

My boy is not drinking much today :(

Morning 8am - 160ml
Noon 12 - Gave him 160ml but only drank 80
Afternoon 5pm - Gave him 120ml but only drank 60

All drank half only. Is it a milk strike? Or because another growth spurt coming up and he's preparing for it? Feedback from my MIL he kept looking left and right when she tried to feed him.

Aiyoooo~ /worry :(

My boy is not drinking much today :(

Morning 8am - 160ml
Noon 12 - Gave him 160ml but only drank 80
Afternoon 5pm - Gave him 120ml but only drank 60

All drank half only. Is it a milk strike? Or because another growth spurt coming up and he's preparing for it? Feedback from my MIL he kept looking left and right when she tried to feed him.

Aiyoooo~ /worry :(
:( could he be teething? Could be another spurt...but you know the drill, if he is active, happy, output good, putting on weight...is ok one.

I did ask pd if this round of vaccines may be more prone to fever (last round baby was fine; just a little more tired). She says it's the same. So I finger crossed that my gal will be ok this time too. I've already just talked to IFC just now. All set to go to bring baby in tomorrow, if really no fever.
Jiayou @redvel !

Jts, the cooling mat hubby got so we're ready for future fever episodes arrived! He tried it out and said was rather cooling even if not put in fridge first.

Something to consider as it can be used for quite a number of years, or for warm nights!

After work went to my mum house to fetch my baby, I call him when I step into the house, he so happy. Both legs kicking non stop, laugh with sound. I walk close to the rocker where he is sitting, he still kicking and both hands high up want me to carry.. Haha so sweet!!!! At my house he not willing to sit on rocker chair for 15 mins, very surprise that he willing to sit when my mum take care of him.

@emk heart melt one lor! Must be nice to have such reassurance after your first day back at work :)

Looks like we're all hitting the kena charmed and fooled by lo giggles and laughs stage! Bubbles grabbed my glasses so I decided to stare and tease her without them on, she kept chuckling until I buay tahan laugh till csec wound pain XD

Reactions: emk
@snowfern sometimes we can be in quite a dilemma. Drink too much we worry, drink too little we also worry. I hope it's just a passing phase.

@emk must be super happy when you see your LO when you off work. :) I always look forward to that feeling when you get to see your baby after a long day. Motivates me to work harder so I can off work on time lol

Reactions: emk
@snowfern sometimes we can be in quite a dilemma. Drink too much we worry, drink too little we also worry. I hope it's just a passing phase.

@emk must be super happy when you see your LO when you off work. :) I always look forward to that feeling when you get to see your baby after a long day. Motivates me to work harder so I can off work on time lol
Ya....just keep a closer eye on him these few days....worrying comes with our new job title...

"Worrying comes with our new job title". So true, snowfern. This or that we worry. And this will be so for many many years... not just when they are a baby.

16hrs has passed since the vaccination. Baby no fever. High chance she is going to "school" later :) I realized I haven't bought a "school bag" for her. I packed all she needs on first day into a blue IKEA bag hehaaa.

"Worrying comes with our new job title". So true, snowfern. This or that we worry. And this will be so for many many years... not just when they are a baby.

16hrs has passed since the vaccination. Baby no fever. High chance she is going to "school" later :) I realized I haven't bought a "school bag" for her. I packed all she needs on first day into a blue IKEA bag hehaaa.

Mummy what is in the school bag? Hehe

my dad came over in the morning. It's been about 1-2 weeks since he saw my baby. And guess what? My little one wailed like no tomorrow and regard him as stranger. This happened to my mil who does weekly visits too.

Anyone experienced this? Little one is starting to recognize people. I cannot imagine if I need to send her to infant care like @redvel

Back