2016/04 April babies

Hi dear,

I do not know if HL is the same as hospitalisation leave. Just know that if you are given that, you can be off work. Another to be mom from this forum told me that. Her pregnancy is high risk, is under Professor Choolani, and as she had got spotting at week 6, he issued her Home Leave for the whole of the first trimester, so she was allowed to stay at home to rest all that time. That is all I know.

Hope it helps.
Ah, thanks dear!

I think Home leave is not same as hospitalization leave. If your gynae clinic is in the hospital, maybe he/she can issue hospitalization leave, but I tink if clinic is not in hospital then cannot. but my understanding is usually if didn't stay for at least 1 day in hosp, no hospital leave de. home leave is unpaid leave? (I tink so)

Oooh thanks for the clarification!

Hi dear,

I do not know if HL is the same as hospitalisation leave. Just know that if you are given that, you can be off work. Another to be mom from this forum told me that. Her pregnancy is high risk, is under Professor Choolani, and as she had got spotting at week 6, he issued her Home Leave for the whole of the first trimester, so she was allowed to stay at home to rest all that time. That is all I know.

Hope it helps.

I have spotting too till now but my gynae didn't give me any HL . He said its normal but I'm constantly having tummy cramp and spotting

My colleague took unpaid leave coz she had severe morning sickness that she couldn't eat anything at all

I have spotting too till now but my gynae didn't give me any HL . He said its normal but I'm constantly having tummy cramp and spotting
May I know how many weeks are u now? I was given HL when I told my gynae I got spotting. Which gynae are u wt?

I have spotting on and off. I think this is just how my body works. Gynae didn't gave me any mc or hl. I took 2 weeks leave to rest . Not really due to spotting thou. Just feel tiring to work. After 2 weeks of rest. Feel much more refresh

May I know how many weeks are u now? I was given HL when I told my gynae I got spotting. Which gynae are u wt?

I have been experiencing tummy cramps and spotting since trimester 1 till now. Today , I'm 3 months pregnant already. Lately it gets worse, has difficulty sleeping and performing work duties. Not sure if its still normal or not. Quite worry for my baby. I'm currently seeing Dr Tan H.K from SGH. What about you?

I have spotting on and off. I think this is just how my body works. Gynae didn't gave me any mc or hl. I took 2 weeks leave to rest . Not really due to spotting thou. Just feel tiring to work. After 2 weeks of rest. Feel much more refresh
Yeah same here but since I'm a teacher I don't have leave .. If I need to , it will be unpaid leave already but I'm Glad u r feeling better now.

Hi Yanee,

How many weeks are you now? I do not think that it is normal to have tummy cramp and spotting during pregnancy. Perhaps you want to have a check up at the doctor's, to make sure that everything is okay.

Hi Yanee,

How many weeks are you now? I do not think that it is normal to have tummy cramp and spotting during pregnancy. Perhaps you want to have a check up at the doctor's, to make sure that everything is okay.
I feel the same way too. Yeah will be seeing him in 2 weeks time. Hopefully he can give me an answer. Thanks for your concern.

I have been experiencing tummy cramps and spotting since trimester 1 till now. Today , I'm 3 months pregnant already. Lately it gets worse, has difficulty sleeping and performing work duties. Not sure if its still normal or not. Quite worry for my baby. I'm currently seeing Dr Tan H.K from SGH. What about you?
I'm with KKH Dr Tan HH. When was your last scan & next scan? Are u taking any progesterone? I do have spotting on n off, when its happen I will take 3 times instead of 2 times. I got sleeping prob too, always wake up ard 3-4am then can't sleep. Try not to walk too much if possible, don't carry heavy stuff too. Take care!

Yeah same here but since I'm a teacher I don't have leave .. If I need to , it will be unpaid leave already but I'm Glad u r feeling better now.

Hi yanee,
Im a teacher too! I took mc and hospitalization leave for my first trimester due to spotting and a minor surgery. After that thot i was ok, but was diagnosed with another issue. So my gynea from TMC gave me another 1mth of hospitalization leave for bed rest at home. Most gynea can give u hospitalization leave esp with the symptoms u have! Talk to your principal and HOD, they will work things out for u. Till now im still getting paid while bed resting :p

Hi there,

Unlike my case, my gynae didn't give me any MC or hospitalization when I was spotting till now. He told me it was normal to go through that as such I took it as part and parcel of pregnancy but I'm quite surprise that majority were given HL o MC due to spotting. Maybe my gynae is not generous with HL .

I'm with KKH Dr Tan HH. When was your last scan & next scan? Are u taking any progesterone? I do have spotting on n off, when its happen I will take 3 times instead of 2 times. I got sleeping prob too, always wake up ard 3-4am then can't sleep. Try not to walk too much if possible, don't carry heavy stuff too. Take care!
My last scan was 17Sep while the next app will be 15 October. Nope, just vitamins only. Yeah I'm trying too but it can be hard when you are working with children but thanks for your advise. :)

oh me too! I thought I'm the only one who wakes up at unearthly hours and can't sleep.. I used to be able to sleep a full 8 hours through a storm! hope we don't turn into pandas.. haha

Hello all! I'm new to this forum and am 12 weeks along now..just did my NT scan today and it is amazing how fast baby can grow in a month!
I am also a yoga teacher and am organizing pre-natal yoga sessions in my home, PM me if anyone is interested and we can start a small group =)

i m keen to take up pre-natal yoga, Elisa! but we can only do it after 2nd tri is it?

oh me too! I thought I'm the only one who wakes up at unearthly hours and can't sleep.. I used to be able to sleep a full 8 hours through a storm! hope we don't turn into pandas.. haha
If I try to sleep early even worse, wake up at 2-3am. It's quite tiring esp when u sort of can sleep and is the time U suppose to wake up for work.
Hopefully gets better in 2nd trimester. Take care dear!

Hello all! I'm new to this forum and am 12 weeks along now..just did my NT scan today and it is amazing how fast baby can grow in a month!
I am also a yoga teacher and am organizing pre-natal yoga sessions in my home, PM me if anyone is interested and we can start a small group =)
may I know where do u stay?

Interesting.
Ya where do u stay?

Hi Mongchichichi! I'm going to TMC too. Just like to check, for your minor surgery, was it via the clinic or the hospital? Also, the hospitalisation leave, do you need to be warded? Or can rest at home.

Am wondering as I might have a minor op too..

i m keen to take up pre-natal yoga, Elisa! but we can only do it after 2nd tri is it?
If you have never done yoga before it is best to start only in 2nd trimester, but if you are quite regular or have always been active pre-pregnancy (exercise twice a week at least) then you can start as long as you feel comfortable and up for it :)

Back