2015 Gynae package price and recommendation

Any review with dr Lim Teck Beng mount E orchard? Anyone know good gynae who deliver at mount alvernia in reasonable charges?

Hi seems not much ppl is seeing gynae from mt A a?
I m gg to my gynae later at kkh but somehow in my heart i feel more comfortable with mt A but dont know which Dr to go for it.hope can get some suggestions here if possible thanks mummies;)

Hi seems not much ppl is seeing gynae from mt A a?
I m gg to my gynae later at kkh but somehow in my heart i feel more comfortable with mt A but dont know which Dr to go for it.hope can get some suggestions here if possible thanks mummies;)
Can go to dr phua soo mear, He delives at mount a and tmc!

Don't worry then! You'll be in good hands. :) She's soft spoken and respects your wishes. Initially she asked if I wanted vitamins but I told her I'd like to keep the pregnancy as natural and drug free as possible like my first one so I will take in more fruits instead and she agreed. Unless cases like you have no choice but to take medication, she will tell you.

If she does tests and reports are out, she will take time to explain very thoroughly about what the report/results is about and inform you about the pros and cons. She has never once rushed through an appointment so be prepared to have your appointment being delayed.

I am also seeing dr su in nuh. Had a pleasant first appointment with her. She was very patient and reassuring. The only con is that she has a long Waiting time.

Any recommendations for gynae in the east with night sessions or Saturday sessions? Prefer female.
actually I hv 2 in mind..1) Dr Oei pohling-some days she got clinic in pasir ris, 2) Dr cathryn chan at hougang somedays..

How are the services at TMC and Mt A ah? Their hospital charges are quite similar.

Not a mum here though. This is my views about the 2 hospitals based on my personal experience with Mt A and visiting those who gave birth at TMC.

TMC
Transport - Easy to get there by bus and nearest MRT is Novena, which is a few bus stops away. Peak hour travel might take a bit of time.
Wards - Well maintained and well equipped also.
Food choices - If visitors are not keen on Delifrance, the Tze Char across the street is not bad.
Parking - Limited lots and nearest car park is across the street.

Mt A
Transport - Easy to go there by bus and there is free shuttle bus from Bishan MRT and Novena MRT.
Food choices - Visitors will kind of be restricted to the Cafe's offering, Subway or Sushi Deli for a somewhat decent meal. Nearest eateries are located about 4 bus stops away at Upper Thomson Road.
Parking - Limited lots and nearest alternative car park is at Macritchie Reservoir, which will be quite a distance to walk from.
Value-add - If I am not wrong, Mt A is the only one that provides pastoral care. Both my wife and myself were appreciative of that when they attended to us during our times of need. Although both of us are not Catholic, we were well taken care of by the Sisters at the hospital when we went through a difficult period. So it was a place that not only heal us physically but also mentally.

Not a mum here though. This is my views about the 2 hospitals based on my personal experience with Mt A and visiting those who gave birth at TMC.

TMC
Transport - Easy to get there by bus and nearest MRT is Novena, which is a few bus stops away. Peak hour travel might take a bit of time.
Food choices - If visitors are not keen on Delifrance, the Tze Char across the street is not bad.
Parking - Limited lots and nearest car park is across the street.

Mt A
Transport - Easy to go there by bus and there is free shuttle bus from Bishan MRT and Novena MRT.
Food choices - Visitors will kind of be restricted to the Cafe's offering, Subway or Sushi Deli for a somewhat decent meal. Nearest eateries are located about 4 bus stops away at Upper Thomson Road.
Parking - Limited lots and nearest alternative car park is at Macritchie Reservoir, which will be quite a distance to walk from.
Value-add - If I am not wrong, Mt A is the only one that provides pastoral care. Both my wife and myself were appreciative of that when they attended to us during our times of need. Although both of us are not Catholic, we were well taken care of by the Sisters at the hospital when we went through a difficult period. So it was a place that not only heal us physically but also mentally.

Hi p0tat0, thank you so much for your sharing. Seems like both sound really good. So TMC will be better for my parents, with the choice of food available. Thanks again!

Hello! Anyone heard of the following:

Dr Choo Wan Ling and Dr Ho Hon Kwok? Heard they are both good but expensive

I'm seeing Dr Choo Wan Ling. Her consultation package starts after week 16 (after the Oscar scans) and is at about $800. She's quite caring and spends some time talking about the pregnancy and giving advice.

This is my first baby so I don't know much about her delivery and stitching standards yet but my friends' girlfriends seem comfortable seeing her.

I'm seeing Dr Choo Wan Ling. Her consultation package starts after week 16 (after the Oscar scans) and is at about $800. She's quite caring and spends some time talking about the pregnancy and giving advice.

This is my first baby so I don't know much about her delivery and stitching standards yet but my friends' girlfriends seem comfortable seeing her.

Thanks :) how much was her consultation fees and ultrasound fees before the package? Week 16 still sound so far for me :X im contemplating with Dr Benjamin Tham and Dr Woo Bit Hwa. The latter have a package that starts from wk 12 i heard

Thanks :) how much was her consultation fees and ultrasound fees before the package? Week 16 still sound so far for me :X im contemplating with Dr Benjamin Tham and Dr Woo Bit Hwa. The latter have a package that starts from wk 12 i heard

I paid about $170 each time I went before I signed the package in week 16. I had 3 consultations in the first trimester, one of which was the Oscar scan. Oscar scan and medication will cost separately, but medication was pretty cheap.

For me I don't like the 'chop chop' rushed style of some doctors, so I like being assured of at least 10 minutes of attention from Dr Choo.

One thing I appreciate about Dr Choo's clinic was the waiting time. I don't remember waiting more than 30 minutes, except once when I turned up too early and my husband hoped in vain that my slot could be bumped up. Haha. The nurses are quite attentive too, somehow they remember my name and made sure I did all the checks before going into the room.

Gleneagles medical centre is rather popular so my husband and I always take the weekday morning slots before 1030am. (we don't work 9-5) I've heard that waiting time can be longer otherwise.

Last edited:

Oh I meant that I started my package in week 16. So I'm covered all the way till delivery time... Upon which I'll have to sign the delivery package (which is another bunch of figures)

Dr Choo told me she starts her package after Oscar scans in week 12, just to make sure the parents are clear about the scan results. She explained the results to me in detail in week 16, but before that she sent me an email about the general results.

Hi

Can the doctor deliver at mt A?
Does she has private clinic?at where?

Hi

Can the doctor deliver at mt A?
Does she has private clinic?at where?

Her clinic is at Gleneagles medical centre. Yes she delivers at Mt Alvernia and Gleneagles. If I don't remember wrongly she can also go to Mt E novena, Mt E orchard and Thomson.

I heard that services in raffles is pretty good . No specific reason though .

I delivered there, the services there are very extreme. Those nurses who are good are really very good but those nurses who are lousy are extremely lousy.

If you are pro natural and pro breastfeeding then you better choose another hospital.

I delivered there, the services there are very extreme. Those nurses who are good are really very good but those nurses who are lousy are extremely lousy.

If you are pro natural and pro breastfeeding then you better choose another hospital.
Thanks for reviews . Mine is high risk pregnsncy as I had 1 miscarraige at my 17 weeks. I heard Dr.Watt wing fong from raffles is good . May I know who is your gyne ? Which hospital ?

Could u share hospitalization costs and gyne packages ?

Could u share hospitalization costs and gyne packages ?

The hospitalization bill is extremely expensive. But it was expected, we just didn't expect it's that expensive.

As for gynea package, I subsequently learnt that not all gynea has packages so you better check if your preferred gynea has packages.

RnRnr: hi. I think dr adrian is very good. The nurses also more polite. Other forum also say he good. But he most of the time very rushed. Coz too many patients choose him. I already signed package so well will be delivered by him. His package price very reasonable.

RnRnr: hi. I think dr adrian is very good. The nurses also more polite. Other forum also say he good. But he most of the time very rushed. Coz too many patients choose him. I already signed package so well will be delivered by him. His package price very reasonable.
Halo,thanks for the info.
How many wk of pregnancy can sign gynae package?and how much is that?
If not wrong Dr adrian has private clinic somewhere?so u see him from private clinic or in hospital?
Does he deliver in mt A?
Is he very patient type who willing to answer all our Qs?
Thanks gal:)

I paid about $170 each time I went before I signed the package in week 16. I had 3 consultations in the first trimester, one of which was the Oscar scan. Oscar scan and medication will cost separately, but medication was pretty cheap.

For me I don't like the 'chop chop' rushed style of some doctors, so I like being assured of at least 10 minutes of attention from Dr Choo.

One thing I appreciate about Dr Choo's clinic was the waiting time. I don't remember waiting more than 30 minutes, except once when I turned up too early and my husband hoped in vain that my slot could be bumped up. Haha. The nurses are quite attentive too, somehow they remember my name and made sure I did all the checks before going into the room.

Gleneagles medical centre is rather popular so my husband and I always take the weekday morning slots before 1030am. (we don't work 9-5) I've heard that waiting time can be longer otherwise.
Oh gd if the waiting time is short. For my gynae, I need wait up to 1.5 hrs even with appt. the running of that clinic looks very well organized.

Hi RnRnr: for dr adrian, i think the package can start earlier than other doctors. I signed the packafe at bout wk 17th.
We see him at his private clinics, choa chu kang for me. His another clinic is near shengkang if not wrong. Can google. Not sure he deliver at mt A.
Mine is TMC.
Normally i dun ask lots of question, coz most things can google. In fact i trust google articles and books info more than what doctors say.
His consultation time normally very short. Too many patients.
But he sounds caring.

Oh gd if the waiting time is short. For my gynae, I need wait up to 1.5 hrs even with appt. the running of that clinic looks very well organized.

I guess the appointment you choose matters too :) Saturdays are busy times for most clinics. Sometimes when I book an appointment the nurses will give me a heads-up on the possible waiting time, for example that day the doctor has just come back from a meeting and there are more patients on the list etc.

Has anyone used dr Paul tseng as Gynae for vbac before? If yes can share what are his delivery charges like? Or better still if you have given birth this year, what are your medical bill like? Thanks in advance!

Has anyone used dr Paul tseng as Gynae for vbac before? If yes can share what are his delivery charges like? Or better still if you have given birth this year, what are your medical bill like? Thanks in advance!

Don't worry then! You'll be in good hands. :) She's soft spoken and respects your wishes. Initially she asked if I wanted vitamins but I told her I'd like to keep the pregnancy as natural and drug free as possible like my first one so I will take in more fruits instead and she agreed. Unless cases like you have no choice but to take medication, she will tell you.

If she does tests and reports are out, she will take time to explain very thoroughly about what the report/results is about and inform you about the pros and cons. She has never once rushed through an appointment so be prepared to have your appointment being delayed.

I know Dr Su through work, she really is a very dedicated doctor to her patients! believe you are in v good hands

Im seeing Dr Dolly Wee at Mount E.

Package is $1000 for 16w onwards up til delivery. does not include meds/vitamins, only cover consultation and scans
Delivery fee - $2000

Her style - v "lao jiao", straightforward, advocate "natural", less kiasu, VERY STRICT about weight gain. She is not too pushy about thorough testings if it is against your religion/principles, or if you are not at risk

I think mommies who are more of the chill-chill one (let nature take its course) can consider her as she would be a great fit. For mommies who are the sort to "worry" more and do comparisons with what other gynaes are giving, better not as you might not be too comfortable and may end up changing.

Hi to all mummies,

GYNAE HEALTH CLINIC FOR WOMEN

Dr Phua

Blk 211 Hougang st21 #01-289 singapore 530211 ( Near Kovan Mrt )
Tel: 62828960 / 62826106

My Package start after 16 weeks of pregnancy $695 :rolleyes: is it cheap??

Recommended in the forum. Consultation and Ultrasound scan cost me not more than $100 for repeated. First time charge slight higher

Dr Phua can go to 3 hospital >> Mt Alvernia / TMC & Mt E Novena

Any mummies just delivery by Dr Phua ??
how do u find him? My regular gynae is currently away for cny so i went to Dr Phua first cos near my home. I was around 5 weeks 6 days. His price is quite cheap but he only has transabdominal scan which could only detect a gestational sac. He said it seems smaller than what it should be n that i have to come back in 2 weeks time n if no embryo n heartbeat, then will have issues. He kept asking if i have been bleeding etc. I said no. but since then, i've been paranoid n keep checking for bleeding n spotting every single time i go to the toilet n really feel very stressed. i later found out that usually at 5+ weeks, for many, usually can't detect more than the sac n a transvaginal scan is better at this stage n also depends on length of menstrual cycle. I will be gg back to my own gynae which cost a lot more but i think i feel more comfortable with her.

how do u find him? My regular gynae is currently away for cny so i went to Dr Phua first cos near my home. I was around 5 weeks 6 days. His price is quite cheap but he only has transabdominal scan which could only detect a gestational sac. He said it seems smaller than what it should be n that i have to come back in 2 weeks time n if no embryo n heartbeat, then will have issues. He kept asking if i have been bleeding etc. I said no. but since then, i've been paranoid n keep checking for bleeding n spotting every single time i go to the toilet n really feel very stressed. i later found out that usually at 5+ weeks, for many, usually can't detect more than the sac n a transvaginal scan is better at this stage n also depends on length of menstrual cycle. I will be gg back to my own gynae which cost a lot more but i think i feel more comfortable with her.
Hi,may i knw the full name of dr phua?its a male or female?
How do u find him so far?
I m glad to hear that he does delivery at mt A.
You mentioned abt gynae package can we sign up before 16wks?
Thanks.

Hi,may i knw the full name of dr phua?its a male or female?
How do u find him so far?
I m glad to hear that he does delivery at mt A.
You mentioned abt gynae package can we sign up before 16wks?
Thanks.
Dr Phua Soo Mear is a male. I didn't mention abt gynae package, rather it was @momo17. I personally did not have a very positive experience from my visit but that is just my opinion. U might want to find out more before seeing him.

Dr Phua Soo Mear is a male. I didn't mention abt gynae package, rather it was @momo17. I personally did not have a very positive experience from my visit but that is just my opinion. U might want to find out more before seeing him.
Currently at 26weeks w dr phua. Package at $650. Very gentle and nice doctor..

Back