(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

inexpensive one .. you can check out some group buy here or in qoo10

http://muakids.com/skinnylabels.htm - my sister told me quality not bad but i have not tried before

Okay I go and see! I want lasting ones... :)

Sianzzz after a 2 + yr hiatus the evil witch as come to visit me :(

Mine still not back yet, I think I am 27 months since my last period. Got period means ovulating, so u can start thinking about #2. We'll prob try for #2 after #1 turns 2...

Btw, ladies, how do u introduce FM to your LO? My 18mo who has been tbf till now rejected fresh milk and cow's and goat FM. Can mix fm and ebm? That's what my mum suggested.

Mine still not back yet, I think I am 27 months since my last period. Got period means ovulating, so u can start thinking about #2. We'll prob try for #2 after #1 turns 2...

Btw, ladies, how do u introduce FM to your LO? My 18mo who has been tbf till now rejected fresh milk and cow's and goat FM. Can mix fm and ebm? That's what my mum suggested.
From my understanding, if u ovulate u will get ur period unless u get preggie. But getting ur period doesn't mean u r ovulating..I.e. it can be anovulatory period. Now isn't a good time for another baby. And acty i am also asking ...do i want to go thru the newborn stage again? And do i want more atress of having 2 kids ?At my 3 mth review I had the iud inserted. 2 wks ago when I had my pap smear dr tham was asking abt my period. I told him that it has not returned. And he asked...u still bf full time ?my reply was yes. Then he said..then why u put iud ??? Well..I simply don't trust the LAM method. Hmm now I am letting lo drink 100 ml of fm as a snack. She seems ok with it.. thankful..cos if mu supply rly tanks then...haha. I haven't rly let her try fresh milk .

From my understanding, if u ovulate u will get ur period unless u get preggie. But getting ur period doesn't mean u r ovulating..I.e. it can be anovulatory period. Now isn't a good time for another baby. And acty i am also asking ...do i want to go thru the newborn stage again? And do i want more atress of having 2 kids ?At my 3 mth review I had the iud inserted. 2 wks ago when I had my pap smear dr tham was asking abt my period. I told him that it has not returned. And he asked...u still bf full time ?my reply was yes. Then he said..then why u put iud ??? Well..I simply don't trust the LAM method. Hmm now I am letting lo drink 100 ml of fm as a snack. She seems ok with it.. thankful..cos if mu supply rly tanks then...haha. I haven't rly let her try fresh milk .

Wrong wrong hehe hehe... no period also may ovulate..... I didn't had period for a few mths... went gynae he also felt that my hormones imbalance......

End up few mths later I strike "lottery" all the while no period ...

N some of my friends strike "lottery" when bf also...

Better take precaution if dun wan another one so soon ..

Wrong wrong hehe hehe... no period also may ovulate..... I didn't had period for a few mths... went gynae he also felt that my hormones imbalance......

End up few mths later I strike "lottery" all the while no period ...

N some of my friends strike "lottery" when bf also...

Better take precaution if dun wan another one so soon ..
i am sure he knows it better than i :D

Yup, we did after my supply drop drastically and still doing now. Recently, found that LO is willing to have some FM (mixed of stage 1 and 2) on it's own. But make sure to prepare the FM per the label then mix with the EBM.

Yup, we did after my supply drop drastically and still doing now. Recently, found that LO is willing to have some FM (mixed of stage 1 and 2) on it's own. But make sure to prepare the FM per the label then mix with the EBM.
recently i let my lo drink nan ha 1 again..cos i have 2 tins that are expiring soon.. surprisingly she is ok with it according to my MIL. When she was a NB she hated it +++. So pitiful that time the PD said to stop bf-ing for 2 days cos LO was having jaundice...that 2 days she was drinking nan ha 1... =X

recently i let my lo drink nan ha 1 again..cos i have 2 tins that are expiring soon.. surprisingly she is ok with it according to my MIL. When she was a NB she hated it +++. So pitiful that time the PD said to stop bf-ing for 2 days cos LO was having jaundice...that 2 days she was drinking nan ha 1... =X

oh nice, you found your backup if needed. my LO is taking friso.. infant formula smells closest to BM than stage 2 and a lot of people say Nan taste similar to BM but i'm not sure if nan will suit LO so didn't try..

oh nice, you found your backup if needed. my LO is taking friso.. infant formula smells closest to BM than stage 2 and a lot of people say Nan taste similar to BM but i'm not sure if nan will suit LO so didn't try..
i am relieved acty. but i also know she is ok with friso stage 2.. that one is definitely cheaper than nan ha 1. next step is to get her used to cow's milk. so basically, train her to accept everthing.

i am relieved acty. but i also know she is ok with friso stage 2.. that one is definitely cheaper than nan ha 1. next step is to get her used to cow's milk. so basically, train her to accept everthing.

Hi ladies! Popped by the smh forum to sell some stuff and realized our thread is still active! That's nice!

I din have enough bm to go tbm after abt 9 months so started him on various fm. Really is various... Cos I asked samples from all the major companies to see which he like. So much so that stage 2 I only bought 1 tin of formula. The rest all 'sponsored' ( plus of cos got ebm so no need so much fm). Funny right? I hope that will train him to be not fussy about milk too... Don't stick to one brand hahahahah!

Hi ladies! Popped by the smh forum to sell some stuff and realized our thread is still active! That's nice!

I din have enough bm to go tbm after abt 9 months so started him on various fm. Really is various... Cos I asked samples from all the major companies to see which he like. So much so that stage 2 I only bought 1 tin of formula. The rest all 'sponsored' ( plus of cos got ebm so no need so much fm). Funny right? I hope that will train him to be not fussy about milk too... Don't stick to one brand hahahahah!
I get what u mean ! The amt of fm given is a lot...

Oh @bbcripps congrats on your no.2! And I'm glad your placenta is on top this time round!
Somehow I still treat my son as 'baby' so haven't start on the number 2 yet.
Was in contact with my friend who just popped. Brings back all the depressing memories..and I just get put off when I sometimes have the fleeting moment of "aw so cute " when I see fb posts of preggie mums /nb babies

Was in contact with my friend who just popped. Brings back all the depressing memories..and I just get put off when I sometimes have the fleeting moment of "aw so cute " when I see fb posts of preggie mums /nb babies

Alamak! That's very yan zhong lor. Was the nb period v stressful for you at that time?

Sigh both b engorged today, I wouldn't t have believed can still engorge when son is so big alr. We are down to latching on morning and nighttime sleep and no pumping during day. Gradually weaning off (though this has been 2 mths alr), that day he bit me- hard- and I couldn't bear to latch on that side long, and did not pump as I kept the pump 2 mths ago. Sigh!

Alamak! That's very yan zhong lor. Was the nb period v stressful for you at that time?

Sigh both b engorged today, I wouldn't t have believed can still engorge when son is so big alr. We are down to latching on morning and nighttime sleep and no pumping during day. Gradually weaning off (though this has been 2 mths alr), that day he bit me- hard- and I couldn't bear to latch on that side long, and did not pump as I kept the pump 2 mths ago. Sigh!

I recently got blocked duct and low grade fever as a result... first time in 18 mths that I had fever from a blocked duct. LOL. My boy also bite me v hard these few days. I have to quickly unlatch him once I know he is almost done, otherwise the teeth will clamp down on my nips. I dunno why. Dunno whether it is a phase or not...

It was stressful and depressing
Definitely did not enjoy myself one bit

I recently got blocked duct and low grade fever as a result... first time in 18 mths that I had fever from a blocked duct. LOL. My boy also bite me v hard these few days. I have to quickly unlatch him once I know he is almost done, otherwise the teeth will clamp down on my nips. I dunno why. Dunno whether it is a phase or not...

Now when he no longer wants to feed he will bite as signal. I think maybe normal.
The wound now is because we both fell asleep while latching lying down, then when I woke and try to unlatch him, he clamp down subconsciously and tore off a bit of skin while I drag the nipple off his mouth. Sorry too much details .. Still hurts like shit now.

Now when he no longer wants to feed he will bite as signal. I think maybe normal.
The wound now is because we both fell asleep while latching lying down, then when I woke and try to unlatch him, he clamp down subconsciously and tore off a bit of skin while I drag the nipple off his mouth. Sorry too much details .. Still hurts like shit now.
when i kenna bitten by my lo on my arm / finger etc, i feel very glad that i am an ep-er... but she is damn naughty, when i carry her, she will sneakily pinch my nipple -__-

Yes, I get that too! Broken skin for a few days and the wound takes v long to heal, cuz he's always wanting to latch on that boob.

:(

But having said all these, I am enjoying my boy at this age. Cuz now they can understand you, they try to be cheeky and funny, they are so fun to play with. Enjoying every minute with him now. I wish he wouldn't grow up so fast! He's going to start cc next month...

Yes, I get that too! Broken skin for a few days and the wound takes v long to heal, cuz he's always wanting to latch on that boob.

But having said all these, I am enjoying my boy at this age. Cuz now they can understand you, they try to be cheeky and funny, they are so fun to play with. Enjoying every minute with him now. I wish he wouldn't grow up so fast! He's going to start cc next month...

My boy has started cc in June. N started throwing temper easily n knows how to cross his hands at the chest area to tell me that he is "angry" and whole days keep throwing temper, bite his sis n bro or use toys to hit them.

A very headache stage .... how I wish his "guai guai" stage was longer !!

Agree on the part on them understanding u, able to do cheeky things . Now my lo is getting better at walking , I make her chase me hahaha. Doing it to her now cos next time I'd be chasing her lol

Agree on the part on them understanding u, able to do cheeky things . Now my lo is getting better at walking , I make her chase me hahaha. Doing it to her now cos next time I'd be chasing her lol
I love chasing him up and down the corridor! Hahaha. Then he chase me back, and I chase him back..

I love chasing him up and down the corridor! Hahaha. Then he chase me back, and I chase him back..
Wow so fast walking le...my girl still like at home crawl go out hold walk n self walk abit but bo balance...dunno dec can go cc or not...min req is at least can walk

What kind of food your LOs having now? Mine still porridge::: is it time to eat something else as main food?
My son dun like porridge since 1yr old.. he has been eating rice, noodles etc...
I would cut into fine pieces

He started cc at 17mths old... I dun know what cc fed him (i guess its brown rices/ carrots/ veg that are cut into bite size) but his tummy not able to digest n it came out in his poo....

N a bit annoying thing is that since he started cc. He refuse to let us feed him. He self feed n it's a total mess sometimes not bcoz of his feeding skill, but bcoz he always accidently overturn his food....

What kind of food your LOs having now? Mine still porridge::: is it time to eat something else as main food?
Porridge ...rice...but nw she also knows how to assert herself. Yest she saw me eating laksa , she kept wanting to eat my beehoon . Reject her potato and veg

My boy recently has been rejecting his porridge too. Must persuade n persuade maybe he will take 5 spoonful. Always eyeing our rice. But if I mix in abit of fish n meat in our rice he also don't want wor. Pasta also don't like. How ah? Haiz.

My son dun like porridge since 1yr old.. he has been eating rice, noodles etc...

He started cc at 17mths old... I dun know what cc fed him (i guess its brown rices/ carrots/ veg that are cut into bite size) but his tummy not able to digest n it came out in his poo....

N a bit annoying thing is that since he started cc. He refuse to let us feed him. He self feed n it's a total mess sometimes not bcoz of his feeding skill, but bcoz he always accidently overturn his food....

Ya my boy too! He only wants to self feed, but most of the time the food ends up on the table, the floor, his hair .... Super messy... I'm so embarrassed everytime we eat out n the waiter sees the table/floor when we are done.

My boy recently has been rejecting his porridge too. Must persuade n persuade maybe he will take 5 spoonful. Always eyeing our rice. But if I mix in abit of fish n meat in our rice he also don't want wor. Pasta also don't like. How ah? Haiz.
How abt eating the rice and fish separately ?I.e. eat rice first , then eat fish

How abt eating the rice and fish separately ?I.e. eat rice first , then eat fish

He will open his mouth big big for the rice n seal it shut for the fish :(

N if one piece of fish accidentally makes its way into his mouth, he will spit out the whole mouthful

Ya my boy too! He only wants to self feed, but most of the time the food ends up on the table, the floor, his hair .... Super messy... I'm so embarrassed everytime we eat out n the waiter sees the table/floor when we are done.

He will open his mouth big big for the rice n seal it shut for the fish :(

N if one piece of fish accidentally makes its way into his mouth, he will spit out the whole mouthful

Same same !!! Eat outside = mess up on the floor. He wants his table to be clean. So everything that he drop he will sweep it onto the floor

N same thing open up mouth for plain rice n shut for meat/ fish. If force him he will spit everything out. He rather dun eat.

I guess it's the "choosy" stage now ...

But in childcare he ate everything haha

Mine eats porridge for lunch only. Dinner can be noodles (fried or soup), or soft rice (rice mixed with soup with veg) or fried rice. Mine also wants to self feed, especially for noodles. Then when he finish, sweep everything to the floor. Good thing is when I go out, he lets me feed him...

He's starting cc tomorrow! Another milestone! Feeling very reluctant now...

Could it be that the bowl is too deep for him, or he is seated too low to be able to scoop the food out neatly?

Last edited:
Could it be that the bowl is too deep for him, or he is seated too low to be able to scoop the food out neatly?

his feeding skill is ok ... can pass.... but he is always distracted by surrounding... then when he turn to look left and right, his hands will accidentally move his bowl n cause it to overturn onto the floor :(

his feeding skill is ok ... can pass.... but he is always distracted by surrounding... then when he turn to look left and right, his hands will accidentally move his bowl n cause it to overturn onto the floor :(
Get the kind of bowls with suction underneath?

Mine eats porridge for lunch only. Dinner can be noodles (fried or soup), or soft rice (rice mixed with soup with veg) or fried rice. Mine also wants to self feed, especially for noodles. Then when he finish, sweep everything to the floor. Good thing is when I go out, he lets me feed him...

He's starting cc tomorrow! Another milestone! Feeling very reluctant now...

I should try letting mine eat rice too..
But us adults food always too salty or spicy so I never let him eat..
What kind of noodles does he eat?

So he eat white rice only ? o_O not enough nutrients lei. So worrying right.

I should try letting mine eat rice too..
But us adults food always too salty or spicy so I never let him eat..
What kind of noodles does he eat?

Noodles - udon, soba, pasta (sometimes different pasta shapes), mee sua. If you are worried about the salt content used in making the noodles (esp for mee sua), just cook in plain water and drain off the water then prepare the soup and rest of the ingredients.

Nowadays I am v lazy to cook separate dishes for LO and us, so I just cook his dishes, scoop out his share then add the rest of the seasoning. Actually I also started adding less seasoning, like for soup, I no longer add salt or soy sauce.

If really cannot (eg, like cooking curry chicken), I'll do a simple stirfry meat/egg with veg for him to serve with rice.

Not digested? Oh dear...I make me start to worry...my girl cc only got one intake which is Dec by then she is abt 22m+...

Not digested? Oh dear...I make me start to worry...my girl cc only got one intake which is Dec by then she is abt 22m+...
Ya I guess carrots are not easy to be digested ? .. till now I can see those small chunks of carrots and peas in his poo occassionaly . He is 20mths old now. Still in small pieces... not digested at all. Pea is still round. Carrots is in smallcube shape...

Anyone else experience this ??? Or only me ??

I tried to mash carrots n feed him. N the carrots came out in mash form in his poo too... Can see tinted orange colour in his poo ...

Rice, noodles, pasta, meat, prawn, all he can digest.. only veg I guess...

Ya I guess carrots are not easy to be digested ? .. till now I can see those small chunks of carrots and peas in his poo occassionaly . He is 20mths old now. Still in small pieces... not digested at all. Pea is still round. Carrots is in smallcube shape...

Anyone else experience this ??? Or only me ??

I tried to mash carrots n feed him. N the carrots came out in mash form in his poo too... Can see tinted orange colour in his poo ...

Rice, noodles, pasta, meat, prawn, all he can digest.. only veg I guess...

Is it cuz he never chew?? Mine will bite and chew the food, but the food will still have the orange tinge. I'm not overly concerned...

Back