(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

Me! I just saw my gynae yesterday. My placenta moves up finally! At 36+5weeks. So, will be trying for natural birth. I think natural birth seems more scary than C-sec. :D Gynae said if baby is not out yet by EDD, she will set a date to induce between 40 to 41 weeks. :)

good news :)
ur edd shuld b around mid feb?

Yes yellow

Ur baby still in hospital ?

The polyclinic doc say no need admission.
And she is not worried as it's not a u trend

As in something like urs
4th day 238
6th day 148
Then 8th day go up again. She say this called u trend. If not like this no need worry.

But then I was thinking. 4th day 170 6th suppose to go down again ma...
But it went up by 1... although not much. But she says baby slight dehydrated which makes me worried abit
Dun worry , you are on fm right ? Must give water also . Let her bb drink more and flush out more ..

Just check with polyclinic what are the things to observe if she's dehydrated ?

Dun worry , you are on fm right ? Must give water also . Let her bb drink more and flush out more ..

Just check with polyclinic what are the things to observe if she's dehydrated ?

problem is ..... my baby now intake decrease. so polyclinic doc says she prefer him to be on milk and no plain water... coz he need all the nutrients to help him...

from 90ml every 2-3 hrs .. now he only drink around 30ml every 2 hrs ..... thus i am abit worried. but polyclinic doc keep say its alright leh. dun know whether to believe her or not

problem is ..... my baby now intake decrease. so polyclinic doc says she prefer him to be on milk and no plain water... coz he need all the nutrients to help him...

from 90ml every 2-3 hrs .. now he only drink around 30ml every 2 hrs ..... thus i am abit worried. but polyclinic doc keep say its alright leh. dun know whether to believe her or not
bring to PD? Your baby about 2 weeks? 2 weeks drinking 90ml quite alot right? but 30ml also seems too little

Last edited:
anybody using spectra m1 pump? I think i need to get a smaller size flange. Just checked bingbling but the 24mm flange is out of stock. Anybody know where I can get it? Online or physical store also can.

Hi @mcymcy, you can also try this for spectra spare parts
-kangarove hub
-Gracia Shepard
-Moo moo mummies

Last edited:
bring to PD? Your baby about 2 weeks? 2 weeks drinking 90ml quite alot right?

1 week old only... yes we though 90ml is alot. but the polyclinic doc say its alright and i should feed on demand...

1st time kenna this issue... previous 2 kids no issue with jaundice and feeding... haizzz..

yes i also think maybe monitor today how, if not i bring PD tomolo liao... trust PD better then polyclinic doc...

Just felt like ranting..no doubt it's been great having my mum tc of bb for me during this one mth confinement period, I can't help but feel frustrated also. Sometimes she tells me how tired she is when she is up to feed bb at night..I can't help but feel guilty. Hubs works long hours and is out for work by 6am and is back sometimes 5 - 7pm. He tries to help out with bb when he is home but he is usually so tired he knocks out by 10pm. My mum thinks he doesn't help and keeps saying that aft one mth I will suffer.. making me feel worse. Haiz. Felt so sad and cried to sleep last night.

Hi, I'm a first time mummy n had my baby girl early Jan. I'm pumping milk cos she has latching problems. I have been pumping for 2 weeks. How many ml per pump is considered OK? I pump every 4 to 6 hrs... Is it too long a interval? Will it decrease my milk production overtime?

Just felt like ranting..no doubt it's been great having my mum tc of bb for me during this one mth confinement period, I can't help but feel frustrated also. Sometimes she tells me how tired she is when she is up to feed bb at night..I can't help but feel guilty. Hubs works long hours and is out for work by 6am and is back sometimes 5 - 7pm. He tries to help out with bb when he is home but he is usually so tired he knocks out by 10pm. My mum thinks he doesn't help and keeps saying that aft one mth I will suffer.. making me feel worse. Haiz. Felt so sad and cried to sleep last night.
I kinda understand how you feel. I too cried to sleep last night. My mil was admitted to hospital n my hubby is always so tired n stressed... I dun dare to bother him but I have not outlet to vent out... Very frustrating...

Hi, I'm a first time mummy n had my baby girl early Jan. I'm pumping milk cos she has latching problems. I have been pumping for 2 weeks. How many ml per pump is considered OK? I pump every 4 to 6 hrs... Is it too long a interval? Will it decrease my milk production overtime?

How much milk did you pump each time? I am pumping every 3 hours. Baby is 9 days old. Manage to pump 60-70ml per session

Hugs hugs... I think our hormones also playing a part.... rant it out here... we are here for each other..

I kinda understand how you feel. I too cried to sleep last night. My mil was admitted to hospital n my hubby is always so tired n stressed... I dun dare to bother him but I have not outlet to vent out... Very frustrating...
Hug hug.... Do u have nanny or helper to help u? Don't bottle Everything up, log in here to chat. Might feel better... U will feel better once u n bb get into a routine.

Yes I heard that paul teng doesn't believe in episiotomy. But is it ok to switch the gynae before giving birth?

Yes, I just switched gynae to Paul Tseng and hospital to TMC. He's willing to take me in at 39 weeks and approved my birth plan. He confirmed he does not do episiotomy. But most importantly for me, I trust that he will try his best to help me deliver naturally and Csec will be last resort.

Pump every 3 hours, doesn't matter how many ml, pump until your boobs are soft and feels empty... Need to empty your boobs in order to up your supply...

How much milk did you pump each time? I am pumping every 3 hours. Baby is 9 days old. Manage to pump 60-70ml per session
I managed to pump from 150ml to 220ml... But the long intervals might be the reason for the volume... So I'm afraid that these long intervals will reduce my milk production in the long run...

Back