(2014/10) Oct 2014 Mummies

Re confinement food at tmc:

I find that the dishes are not as good .
In fact I find that the dishes looks like the tingkat dishes I ordered for dinners. Only the soup is good.

Hi all.

Baby boy born today 6:12am. 3.735kg at 39 weeks. Admit myself to Mt Alv due to contractions. Admitted to delivery ward ard 3:45am was dilated by 2cm. No epidural.
Congrats! Rest well. We were saying when bb want to come out ytd.
Hope i am the next one :D

@lala, what lousy services from a private hospital they are providing. And such careless mistake they make in the observation wards. Dun they QC or monitor the KPI of their nurses.

@lala, ur experience sound like u stay in a 10 bedder rm where the nurse are so super busy. I hear alrdy also shock. TMC is v fortunate to haf a lot of experience gynae clinic there, tat's why they still haf customers.
I recently gave birth in MtA & the experience is so much better. The panties they use is the post-surgery TENA panties, super super gd type. Actually dun need the maternity loop pad using that panties.

Yes I feel that TMC service really drop. Esp in observation / delivery ward , we are already in pain and still have to make an effort to make sure the nurses have given the correct instructions. I am lucky that I was still in the clear mind when the nurse mistakenly thought I was using laughing gas instead of O2. If I m not aware, I would be putting my baby at great risk!

Maybe because of my special case( I gave birth naturally in operating theatre) hence nurses did not put on panty for me?

If not for the urine bag attached and I was unable to move, I would have just used my own pad and panty.

Yes I feel that TMC service really drop. Esp in observation / delivery ward , we are already in pain and still have to make an effort to make sure the nurses have given the correct instructions. I am lucky that I was still in the clear mind when the nurse mistakenly thought I was using laughing gas instead of O2. If I m not aware, I would be putting my baby at great risk!

Maybe because of my special case( I gave birth naturally in operating theatre) hence nurses did not put on panty for me?

If not for the urine bag attached and I was unable to move, I would have just used my own pad and panty.

Actually maybe cos u hv the urine bag cannot put on panty.

Actually maybe cos u hv the urine bag cannot put on panty.
No leh. They put on the panties for me at the delivery suite even though I have the urine bag on. Come to think of it, they even took a long time to take out my urine bag.

Btw, can anyone tell me how long the bleeding is supposed to last? For me the wound doesn't bleed anymore but hurts a bit. Still having "menses" though. Today is day 9.

No leh. They put on the panties for me at the delivery suite even though I have the urine bag on. Come to think of it, they even took a long time to take out my urine bag.

Btw, can anyone tell me how long the bleeding is supposed to last? For me the wound doesn't bleed anymore but hurts a bit. Still having "menses" though. Today is day 9.
The menses like bleesing will last for a month.. thats wat my gynae told me.. but i gueaa different pple different ba.. now im in day 18, still hv a bit.. but nt fresh red.. its like old blood colour..

I'm in my day 27 and had stop bleeding for 2days. In between also got stop for 1,2 days then bleed again. I realised when consume black venegar or lemongrass, will gust out in heavy manner in fresh color. So I'll buy some lemongrass tmr, boil and drink. Hopefully can clear all dirty blood out.

Last edited:
hi all, i delivered on 9th october.. same day as my mum. she is so happy. jayden is 3.4kg. my husband surprised me by going into the delivery suite with me, encouraged me by counting on the pushing part. i wanted it to be all natural.. but the lower backache was so bad that i felt like i am fainting. opted for epi.. and had all the side effects of it. shiver, itchiness, soreness, nauseous, giddy.. first day was so bad that i cant even bf my bb, talk to my visitors.. i only got better at 2-3am when i can manage get to eat a bit of biscuit and milo..

hi all, i delivered on 9th october.. same day as my mum. she is so happy. jayden is 3.4kg. my husband surprised me by going into the delivery suite with me, encouraged me by counting on the pushing part. i wanted it to be all natural.. but the lower backache was so bad that i felt like i am fainting. opted for epi.. and had all the side effects of it. shiver, itchiness, soreness, nauseous, giddy.. first day was so bad that i cant even bf my bb, talk to my visitors.. i only got better at 2-3am when i can manage get to eat a bit of biscuit and milo..
Haha.. Congrats & Happy Belated Birthday!!

I love my hospital food during my stay...

Attachments

• 1413549880643.jpg
    1413549880643.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 214
Reactions: Xp
I bf my boy back in 2011 for 7 mths and only have my menses after stop for 2 mths. But that may be case by case basis
@zeropanda I am like you. Bf 7 mths then menses didn't come back till 2 mths later. However must take note, doesn't mean won't get pregnant. The "natural birth control" only lasts for 4 mths. And some ppl are still able to be pregnant before 4 mths.

I know of friends who menses came at 4 mths even though they bf for more than a year.

@zeropanda I am like you. Bf 7 mths then menses didn't come back till 2 mths later. However must take note, doesn't mean won't get pregnant. The "natural birth control" only lasts for 4 mths. And some ppl are still able to be pregnant before 4 mths.

I know of friends who menses came at 4 mths even though they bf for more than a year.
I knew about that. That's why when I told some friends that I've no menses when I BF they were quite surprised " most of them said they 1st time heard such thing"

mommies, i am having menstrual like contraction yesterday with some blood, went to gynae check is 2cm dilate. gynae ask me to admit, i thought is to observe and wait out. but nurse informed me later she will come and burst my waterbag to quicken the process. i was stunned and didnt know what she planned. i thought since i have contractions i can admit and observe in hospital only. so i ended up discharge from labour ward after ctg 1 hour cos i didnt like the idea of 'intruding' the labour process.

am i making a fuss.. i am 1st time mommy so didnt know gynae say admit means ask me to give birth soon. =( when she sign me off i can tell she is abit pissed off with my change of decision. now i am observing at the comfort of my own home but at the same time, i feel like my gynae is not supportive just want bb out soon. i only have to depend myself to make sure baby is moving.

my contractions now can come at 4am and go away in the afternoon so funny.. i thought contractions once start labour will come soon? i am confused.

any mommies out there been in the same situation as me?

The blood after giving birth is not menses. It is called lochia. The lochia will come out regardless of whether we are breastfeeding or not. The lochia typically will last for a mth or so

Mt A Carpark charges now is $8 per day multiple entries

Not referring to the charges but the availability of parking.. Just yesterday after visiting our gynae, we had to wait more than 30mins at the hot waiting bay to get our car back from the valet.. Can't imagine if this happens on the day of discharge and we are carrying bb and waiting at that place and bb breath in so much car exhaust...

mommies, i am having menstrual like contraction yesterday with some blood, went to gynae check is 2cm dilate. gynae ask me to admit, i thought is to observe and wait out. but nurse informed me later she will come and burst my waterbag to quicken the process. i was stunned and didnt know what she planned. i thought since i have contractions i can admit and observe in hospital only. so i ended up discharge from labour ward after ctg 1 hour cos i didnt like the idea of 'intruding' the labour process.

am i making a fuss.. i am 1st time mommy so didnt know gynae say admit means ask me to give birth soon. =( when she sign me off i can tell she is abit pissed off with my change of decision. now i am observing at the comfort of my own home but at the same time, i feel like my gynae is not supportive just want bb out soon. i only have to depend myself to make sure baby is moving.

my contractions now can come at 4am and go away in the afternoon so funny.. i thought contractions once start labour will come soon? i am confused.

You are not fussy but your gynae is selfish.. She should understand that birthing is a natural process and respect your body and bb instead of rushing it for her convenience..

Hi Happymom2510, maybe u need to communicate with ur gynae for a bit ? Since yr case is contraction with some blood, so he tot is ok to go ahead & induce for u. But didn't know u wan it to happen all naturally... for my case, I was checked 3cm dilated. No contraction (or maybe I too blur to realize ) & no show. but Cox I was already 40weeks1day, so was induce...

My Gynae will ask whether want to induce. Only upon getting the go ahead, then he will proceed. Agree with xp that it could be a case of miscommunication. Do let your Gynae know your preference .

If its real contractions, the frequency will get closer and closer.

Hi ladies, just finished my check up at 38-39 weeks. Gynae said baby is down but not down to the pelvic area yet. Mainly because i have a small frame n baby is alr 3.2kg. Pretty worried because I was expecting to deliver earlier than EDD as everyone commented that bb is gonna come early. Looks like they are all wrong.
Now im worried if baby wont move further down even till my next appointment.
Also asked my gynae whether he checks for dilation and his reply was reason why he has not checked for dilation because baby is still not at pelvic area.
Anyone faced or facing similar problem? Dont know how much more active I should be.

My Gynae will ask whether want to induce. Only upon getting the go ahead, then he will proceed. Agree with xp that it could be a case of miscommunication. Do let your Gynae know your preference .

If its real contractions, the frequency will get closer and closer.
Yeah.. forget to mention..during my second last check up(just few days before my Edd)..my gynae also ask if I wan to induce..if I wan, he can do it for me..but I say dun wan lah.. just wait & see how loh.. Cox I also wan things goes naturally mah.. so end up I go back & wait loh..

Hi ladies, just finished my check up at 38-39 weeks. Gynae said baby is down but not down to the pelvic area yet. Mainly because i have a small frame n baby is alr 3.2kg. Pretty worried because I was expecting to deliver earlier than EDD as everyone commented that bb is gonna come early. Looks like they are all wrong.
Now im worried if baby wont move further down even till my next appointment.
Also asked my gynae whether he checks for dilation and his reply was reason why he has not checked for dilation because baby is still not at pelvic area.
Anyone faced or facing similar problem? Dont know how much more active I should be.

@shabsrina my bb was facin sideways at my 37 week chk up. Gyne also din chk dilation. I was even hving contractions then but not regular enough. Then suddenly when Bb was 38 weeks contractions came on regularly at 5min interval. When bb was born, she was all in the right position, face down, engaged. I gave birth naturally. Gyne broke my water bag when i was 5cm dilated so can give birth faster but didn't induce. They also insert catheter to release urine in bladder at 7cm cos I think bb was a little stuck going down the birth canal. After bursting water bag everything just went super fast.

Don't worry. Bb will come.

Hi Happymom2510, maybe u need to communicate with ur gynae for a bit ? Since yr case is contraction with some blood, so he tot is ok to go ahead & induce for u. But didn't know u wan it to happen all naturally... for my case, I was checked 3cm dilated. No contraction (or maybe I too blur to realize ) & no show. but Cox I was already 40weeks1day, so was induce...

thanks all... im currently still monitoring.. right now i just hope for waterbag break or sth then i can rush to hospital for delivery.. my gynae jus ask me to admit today but didnt further explain. anyway.. if i give birth sunday i am sure she will charge me more.

when she walk out she told the nurse just charge them whatever necessary. this statement is so sarcastic.

thanks all... im currently still monitoring.. right now i just hope for waterbag break or sth then i can rush to hospital for delivery.. my gynae jus ask me to admit today but didnt further explain. anyway.. if i give birth sunday i am sure she will charge me more.

when she walk out she told the nurse just charge them whatever necessary. this statement is so sarcastic.

That doesn't sound nice of your gynae.

Anyway just keep monitoring. I had contractions that came and go 1 day before I had my real contractions. So just keep track of the timing and all. Your 1st baby?

@shabsrina my bb was facin sideways at my 37 week chk up. Gyne also din chk dilation. I was even hving contractions then but not regular enough. Then suddenly when Bb was 38 weeks contractions came on regularly at 5min interval. When bb was born, she was all in the right position, face down, engaged. I gave birth naturally. Gyne broke my water bag when i was 5cm dilated so can give birth faster but didn't induce. They also insert catheter to release urine in bladder at 7cm cos I think bb was a little stuck going down the birth canal. After bursting water bag everything just went super fast.

Don't worry. Bb will come.

I hope so... so worried now and hubby told me that gynae said (i dont know for how many times alr) that i am less likely to be able to deliver naturally as my pelvis is small for the big baby and now esp since baby not really engaged at the pelvis. But bb is only estimated weighing at 3.2kg now and im not that tiny in the first place. urghhh
But hopefully like u said, bb will come when the time is right. I will force myself to move around even more now.

Indeed. My 1st baby. Been having the contractions for almost the whole of yday n today. But they are not between 5 mins apart. I went down to gynae thinking it's the real one cos I'm really inexperienced about labour pain. Who knows... thanks for sharing. I really didn't know it will take so long for having false contractions.

The charges will be more if give birth on weekend? My gynae say no different. Maybe only PH then the charges will be more

I'm at week39 now, and my tummy is always hardening. Almost every 30mins it will harden like a rock.. It doesn't hurt, but really uncomfortable. Not sure how does real contractions feels like. So would like to check with mummies how do you feel when contractions start? Like the beginning and how intense it gets at the end?

I'm first time mummy, so pardon me! Thanks!

I'm at week39 now, and my tummy is always hardening. Almost every 30mins it will harden like a rock.. It doesn't hurt, but really uncomfortable. Not sure how does real contractions feels like. So would like to check with mummies how do you feel when contractions start? Like the beginning and how intense it gets at the end?

I'm first time mummy, so pardon me! Thanks!
I know how it feel! Currently wk 39 too. Is like the bb position very low and u feel very uncomfortable and painless but somehow its heavy. The tummy is super hard!
I'm first time mummy too.

I know how it feel! Currently wk 39 too. Is like the bb position very low and u feel very uncomfortable and painless but somehow its heavy. The tummy is super hard!
I'm first time mummy too.
Yes! I do experience sharp pain in pelvic area too. Usually after walking too much..
And my bb is so active that I'm not sure is it normal? Thought should be too cramp inside to move so much?
And hurts whenever she moves..

I hope so... so worried now and hubby told me that gynae said (i dont know for how many times alr) that i am less likely to be able to deliver naturally as my pelvis is small for the big baby and now esp since baby not really engaged at the pelvis. But bb is only estimated weighing at 3.2kg now and im not that tiny in the first place. urghhh
But hopefully like u said, bb will come when the time is right. I will force myself to move around even more now.

@shabsrina I am also a very petite girl. My pre-pregnancy weight is 45kg. So u can imagine how small I am. But all my bb (3 now) are above 3.0kg at birth. And all delivered naturally. So in think your bb size is not a problem. Unless ur pelvis is really v small (maybe I have big bum, haha). But whatever trust your gyne. Cos baby and your safety more important. If no choice need c-sec just go by it.

I usually don't decide anything until my gyne suggests. If gyne thinks it is safe then I follow.

Indeed. My 1st baby. Been having the contractions for almost the whole of yday n today. But they are not between 5 mins apart. I went down to gynae thinking it's the real one cos I'm really inexperienced about labour pain. Who knows... thanks for sharing. I really didn't know it will take so long for having false contractions.

@happymom2510, stay happy! No one really knows for sure. Just go with the flow... I never knew I could endure labour pains until I went through it. Think sometimes we really get frightened from all the drama we watch; screaming shouting during labour. And we have a skewed idea of what labour pain is about.

Yes! I do experience sharp pain in pelvic area too. Usually after walking too much..
And my bb is so active that I'm not sure is it normal? Thought should be too cramp inside to move so much?
And hurts whenever she moves..
Just before I delivered I could feel my bb kicking her way down. As if trying to push through. But no contractions for me. Just lots of tightening until bb was ready to come out. Even though no space still need to feel fetal movement.

Jia you oct mummies! Almost there.

Just before I delivered I could feel my bb kicking her way down. As if trying to push through. But no contractions for me. Just lots of tightening until bb was ready to come out. Even though no space still need to feel fetal movement.

Jia you oct mummies! Almost there.
How was your labour pain like? How would you describe the contractions from beginning till end?
Omg! I'm so nervous and I can't wait to see my baby! Not sure who will she look like more?! Me or hubby!

@Vivian88 You can read my birth story here :)

Ok. Here is my birth story.

I was woken from sleep by contraction pains. Went toilet to pee. Then realize I have stomach pain. That was at abt 4am in the morning. So I lie down and started counting contractions. Which was at abt 5min interval each time lasting abt 1min. And the pain was like cramps, and it runs down the front of my thighs. Nothing on the back yet. Called labour hotline and told me to admit. No show or any other symptoms at this point in time.

Upon admission it was abt 530am. By then there was show but water bag still in tact. They asked if I needed pain relief. My pain was still bearable. So I declined after they chkd dilation to be at 5cm.

By abt 7am I think, they burst water bag and the contractions was already getting stronger and closer. Then I hit 7cm dilation and there was the urge to push. So midwife helped me massage and then I pushed my first push. Gyne also came along then. By 8am I was fully dilated and then pain at every contraction was just madness. Thankfully that didn't last very long. 3 big pushes and bb was out! :)

That was the end of my labour. Hehe. When I heard bb cry for the first time I was just so relief. Cos when she was crowned it was very uncomfortable and painful. Needed my strength to push her out. But I had to hold my breath and really push hard. Plus early morning admission, I was really hungry when pushing. I hvnt eaten very much breakfast. Hehe. After delivery I was nothing but hungry. Hehe.

my breast is bleeding... what should I do? or jus leave it.
Bleeding due to BF? then you should stop latching the bleeding breast to your bb, let it recover, as being advised by my PD.
But meanwhile still need to express out the milk in case engorgement.
Can use a breast shell to prevent it stick to ur clothing and if it is sore, it's good to used too.

Littlefish, u breast feeding? Latching bb isit? Sounds like latch not correct. Hv u spoken to ur lactation consultant?
yup due to latching on. Didn't think too much but continue to latch on until I saw bb has trace of blood on her mouth.

is that alright for bb to drink that bit of blood? will stop latch on but cont to express.

Back