(2014/05) May 2014

Yeah the PD said she was dehydrated.

Going to latch and latch! Provided she wants to! Sigh!

Hahaha... any mommies here latching and also giving bottles without nipple confusion?
me too when I was bf-ing. I even changed the bottle from avent to dr brown per CL's recommendation so that bb tummy not as gassy no need to keep burping.lucky he is not fussy take anything...

Any of u going to give bb pacifier? My CL keep saying to give pacifier.. say bb wanna suck then not nice if we keep feeding him milk.. she din realise shes the one who wants to keep feeding bb with no patience.. really irritates me a lot.. now keep talking abt giving pacifier.. argh

me too when I was bf-ing. I even changed the bottle from avent to dr brown per CL's recommendation so that bb tummy not as gassy no need to keep burping.lucky he is not fussy take anything...

I'll b using avent so very gassy? Oh dear didn't know that...

Any of u going to give bb pacifier? My CL keep saying to give pacifier.. say bb wanna suck then not nice if we keep feeding him milk.. she din realise shes the one who wants to keep feeding bb with no patience.. really irritates me a lot.. now keep talking abt giving pacifier.. argh

I'm trying to avoid as may lead to nipple confusion. Yes sometimes baby just wants to suck for comfort but I suspect there may b other ways to comfort baby, just that pacifier seems to bb easy way out. My CL kept saying baby still hungry even after hubby syringed her. But hubby observed n said no feeding cue just crying n asked CL to cuddle n comfort her. After a while she just fell asleep. So sometimes we also think she takes easy way out.

For bf mummies, I think we hate to hear pple say baby still hungry... Like now... My CL just brought her in ...

I will give pacifier when I wanna put him on a routine. Help him settle to sleep and when times he's fussing and I know it's not hunger. But if your baby is below a month, then you better not introduce yet. Coz at this stage now, they genuinely need more milk.

I introduce on monday main intent for night timr wen he crys early for milk.cos dun wan him jing feng or disturb jiejies slp.so far he quite ok wit it only suckle awhile for my intent purpose.cant drag vry long also he nt dependent on it so far

i'm planning to take 2 bedded, and was told deposit is $2000. dat y wana find out how much cash needed.

btw there's a mummy gynae same as me, Dr Paul Tseng!! can't remember which mummy le.. delivered already>>>

I paid deposit $2500 for single bedded, natural birth with vacuum and $1025 cash upon discharge

I think pacifier is ok.. If it gives the caretaker some form of sanity and able to stop bb from crying over nothing. Initially I was very against the idea of introducing pacifier too and was extremely irritated by my mum trying to insist I should give it to my #1 cos she kept wanting to look for something to suck and my mum could tell I was already very frustrated over marathon latching. When I gave in, slowly came to acceptance than as long as it pacified both my baby and I, I'm all for it.

Of course it was also I didn't allow #1 to have her pacifier stuck to her mouth perpetually. She will only have it during nap time or bedtime, to replace my nipple cos she nurses to sleep. Once fall into deep sleep, the pacifier would either drop by itself or I would remove it. It's an acquired skill to be able to quickly unlatch successfully and then quickly stuff the pacifier into her mouth, she also tends to bite me unknowingly after she fell asleep so I'd rather she bite the paci than me

I think pacifier is ok.. If it gives the caretaker some form of sanity and able to stop bb from crying over nothing. Initially I was very against the idea of introducing pacifier too and was extremely irritated by my mum trying to insist I should give it to my #1 cos she kept wanting to look for something to suck and my mum could tell I was already very frustrated over marathon latching. When I gave in, slowly came to acceptance than as long as it pacified both my baby and I, I'm all for it.

Of course it was also I didn't allow #1 to have her pacifier stuck to her mouth perpetually. She will only have it during nap time or bedtime, to replace my nipple cos she nurses to sleep. Once fall into deep sleep, the pacifier would either drop by itself or I would remove it. It's an acquired skill to be able to quickly unlatch successfully and then quickly stuff the pacifier into her mouth, she also tends to bite me unknowingly after she fell asleep so I'd rather she bite the paci than me
Ur #1 n my #1 same.she only takes it wen sleep .aft ko either we remove or auto drop out frm mouth. At 2yrs old wen go childcare she dun tak pacifier. So i nt wried of weang off part

Reading your posts about pacifier makes me think about my #1's days when she was a baby. Now that I think back, she was really a good baby to care for except for latching time coz she's such a lazy latcher. I have no idea how I persisted for 9 months.

She took on the pacifier really well and weaned it off very easily for me. Like your #1, she would drop it after she fell into deep sleep. But I was a lot more hardworking then also.

Always making sure I'd take it off after she fell asleep. By the way, can I ask if you remembered how long do you express each time to get a good yield? I am only doing it 20 mins per side each time and what's the interval in between each pump? 3 to 4 hours?

Reading your posts about pacifier makes me think about my #1's days when she was a baby. Now that I think back, she was really a good baby to care for except for latching time coz she's such a lazy latcher. I have no idea how I persisted for 9 months.

She took on the pacifier really well and weaned it off very easily for me. Like your #1, she would drop it after she fell into deep sleep. But I was a lot more hardworking then also.

Always making sure I'd take it off after she fell asleep. By the way, can I ask if you remembered how long do you express each time to get a good yield? I am only doing it 20 mins per side each time and what's the interval in between each pump? 3 to 4 hours?
I pump for between 15-20 mins.... interval is 3 hours currently. But when baby come back will pump after each nursing so depends on her feeding. If u want to build up supply, try to pump more frequently. Initially the yield will look less but then slowly cos your breasts will adjust to the demand and increase supply.

Hi mummies, is it normal m back still painful after taking epidural early morning ytd?
Congrats you have given birth?

Mine was still sore but not pain the first few days after epidural. But had sharp pain from around day 4-6. Now don't have already. Everyone reacts differently so maybe best to check w ur doc.

I pump for between 15-20 mins.... interval is 3 hours currently. But when baby come back will pump after each nursing so depends on her feeding. If u want to build up supply, try to pump more frequently. Initially the yield will look less but then slowly cos your breasts will adjust to the demand and increase supply.
So it is true that pumping will increase supply better than latching? I'm just wondering if baby's drinking intervals are like 2 Hrly, how frequent can we express? As it is, I am already pumping after every latch.

Yes, thank goodness. In fact after one month, I gave my #1 the bottle too and she took it fine. Just have to be patient and keep trying to latch.

My cl says even those who are exclusive pumping, when their babes are really hungry and no choice, will still latch. Coz I was wondering how those who exclusive pump feed their babies when they bring then out. Bring ebm out too?

Very siong. I'd rather just direct latch. Plus I have no help, no time to pump also after cl leaves.

Ya I agree... I rather direct latch. I am pumping now to relieve engorgement only....n kept the milk coz Sayang to throw.

ImageUploadedByForum1399508700.194478.jpg

I think I need to invest in chest freezer but I really have limited place to put as house not big.

First time I am pumping and keeping milk. In the past I used to throw as didn't have any place to store as not yet living in my own place.

So tired till even wrote wrong date... Still thinking in April.

This morning my bb umbilical stump fell off... At 10 days old.

View attachment 280078

I think I need to invest in chest freezer but I really have limited place to put as house not big.

First time I am pumping and keeping milk. In the past I used to throw as didn't have any place to store as not yet living in my own place.

Whao so much milk!
A fren of mine got a top open freezer specially for her bm

View attachment 280078

Envious!!! So much milk!!! How long do you spend pumping each time? And this is after latching?

I spend about 20 min to pump... But I am trying to stick to 2-3 pumps a day coz i find pumping is making me tired and loose sleep. Bb sleep soundly and I bz pumping coz scared kena mastists from
Engorge. Normally I pump after bb latch... (But he only drink 1 side at a time) and around lunch sometimes I end up engorged but bb too sleepy so I just pump before he latch else he won't want to suck if too full.

My milk has become mature milk (from day 7-10 become more white and produce more) if your milk still yellow (colostrum) will be produces in smaller quantity. Once the milk turn white usually can yield more.

I spend about 20 min to pump... But I am trying to stick to 2-3 pumps a day coz i find pumping is making me tired and loose sleep. Bb sleep soundly and I bz pumping coz scared kena mastists from
Engorge. Normally I pump after bb latch... (But he only drink 1 side at a time) and around lunch sometimes I end up engorged but bb too sleepy so I just pump before he latch else he won't want to suck if too full.

My milk has become mature milk (from day 7-10 become more white and produce more) if your milk still yellow (colostrum) will be produces in smaller quantity. Once the milk turn white usually can yield more.
I see. Mine is definitely mature milk stage liao coz more than a month. So baby drinking well? I pump like 7 to 8 times a day, maybe that's why each yield is lesser? But if I stretch 4 Hrly, can get a little more than 100.

Ur #1 n my #1 same.she only takes it wen sleep .aft ko either we remove or auto drop out frm mouth. At 2yrs old wen go childcare she dun tak pacifier. So i nt wried of weang off part

Yes our #1 so alike! Mine goes to school after turned 2 and already doesn't take paci.

I pump right after I latch.. Probably for about 15-20mins. The milk won't increase overnight.. Takes a few days to build up but remember to drink a lot of liquid!

So it is true that pumping will increase supply better than latching? I'm just wondering if baby's drinking intervals are like 2 Hrly, how frequent can we express? As it is, I am already pumping after every latch.

Pumping cannot replace the latching 'power' especially if baby takes both sides of your breasts readily. Supply will increase when you nurse for longer duration, hence pumping is like extended nursing after latch..

Little lamb... For me nothing beats direct latch. But If baby unable to clear the breast that's why pump.... To "trick" the breast that baby drink more n eventually breast will produce more to meet that demand.

I see. Mine is definitely mature milk stage liao coz more than a month. So baby drinking well? I pump like 7 to 8 times a day, maybe that's why each yield is lesser? But if I stretch 4 Hrly, can get a little more than 100.

Baby is drinking okay only.... Still sleepy so his interval 3-4 hrs and only 20 min on one side.

7-8 times... No wonder ur yield less.
I only pump 2-3 times which equates to about 400ml- 500ml per day (use 2 breast storage bag)

If I pump shorter interval will be less yield each pump too.

View attachment 280078

Wow.. yr milk alot..
Till now I pump only about 20ml.. haiz.. so sad.
So happy to see you gals able to pump so much..
My baby lazy to suck.. think I can only persist till 1 month.

View attachment 280078

Well done, keep for future use! I'm so motivated after looking at your inventory!

I also pump 3 hourly, if I want to sleep more will stretch to 4 or 5 hours but bra and bra pads will be wet when I wake up! Baby cannot handle flow and will unlatch and get sprayed in the face so now I only pump exclusively. Is this considered over supply or just strong letdown? Have to wear pads or shells all the time cos always leaking!!! Miss my braless days esp when sleeping...

Mummies... to those who was given Hospitalisation Leave by your gynae, can I ask if you've given birth during the period of your HL, is your HL still valid?

I'm asking because I'm applying for my maternity leave now.. and wanted to get a few days of HL from my gynae before I give birth. Say gynae gives me 1 week HL, then i continue to apply 10 weeks of ML thereafter, but during my HL I gave birth.. does my ML then start on the day I give birth (thus cancelling the remainder of HL I was given?)

my company count ML fr the date of delivery, regardless of what leave given previously...

I also pump 3 hourly, if I want to sleep more will stretch to 4 or 5 hours but bra and bra pads will be wet when I wake up! Baby cannot handle flow and will unlatch and get sprayed in the face so now I only pump exclusively. Is this considered over supply or just strong letdown? Have to wear pads or shells all the time cos always leaking!!! Miss my braless days esp when sleeping...

way but it's a happy problem! :)

Wow.. yr milk alot..
Till now I pump only about 20ml.. haiz.. so sad.
So happy to see you gals able to pump so much..
My baby lazy to suck.. think I can only persist till 1 month.

that's very good already! jia u! will increase one, just keep looking at autumn leaf's milk inventory as our stretched target!

This is strong letdown.. You could try pump abit to release the first letdown first before latching baby.. But the expressed milk will only contain foremilk, so you can mix the foremilk together with your other expressed stash instead of feeding just the foremilk to baby cos foremilk is gassy

Initially im the one who said wan to give pacifier cuz bb like keeps looking for milk... CL is the one who insist not to give cuz she thinks is bad habit... said bb is like that, once awake will look for food even if he is not hungry. Now CL is ard she is very patient in pacifying bb..once she leaves i duno if i can persevere or will take the easy way out and give pacifier...my #1 took pacifier till ard 2yrs old, but at 8 yrs old now, his tongue always come out unknowingly... very unsightly...duno is it cuz he took pacifier last time so i dont dare to let #2 take...

Initially im the one who said wan to give pacifier cuz bb like keeps looking for milk... CL is the one who insist not to give cuz she thinks is bad habit... said bb is like that, once awake will look for food even if he is not hungry. Now CL is ard she is very patient in pacifying bb..once she leaves i duno if i can persevere or will take the easy way out and give pacifier...my #1 took pacifier till ard 2yrs old, but at 8 yrs old now, his tongue always come out unknowingly... very unsightly...duno is it cuz he took pacifier last time so i dont dare to let #2 take...
I dun think got to do with pacifier ba since he kick off quite early.
Could it be a bad habit picked up in school?

Mummies using I collection shells, any problem w leakage betw shell n skin? When I bf lying down n put she'll on the other side, doesn't seem very tight

I dun think got to do with pacifier ba since he kick off quite early.
Could it be a bad habit picked up in school?
No lah he has been like that since young, i have to keep reminding him to close his mouth...
see how long i can tahan not to give pacifier to bb... i also worry he will start loking for the pacifier each time it drops off... then i have to keep waking up to put it back.

Ur CL is nice.. I think it's okie to take but only few days old seems too early for me .. my no.1 also took but managed to kick it off before 2 as well.. I think it's for the bb to suckle for comfort... honestly I dunno how I can preserve not giving..

I think ur flow and supply a lot too... Might help to pump a little before feeding if too full to avoid the fast let down.

My eldest son tongue also out sometimes but he only took to the pacifier until 6 months then refuse

Mummies using I collection shells, any problem w leakage betw shell n skin? When I bf lying down n put she'll on the other side, doesn't seem very tight

Don't think they can work when you lie down. Mainly sitting up an expressing or latching.

When will I stop perspiring like a crazy woman??? Although perspire so much, I'm still like 10kg to my pre pregnancy weight... Oh n not to mention my jiggling belly!!!

I experienced slight contractions this morning.. Coupled with back pain. Went to see gynae and did VE, not dilated.. Then did CTG for an hour and only have mild contractions about 20 mins apart.

Now at 37wks+ bb estimated 3.3kg.. Gynae gave me 2 days MC told me go home rest and wait.

Back