(2014/03) March 2014

Thanks, tanli! :) I hv ordered the free shipping ones, now looking at those items that cannot be shipped directly to Sg address or must be shipped separately due to its bulk. They sell so many things cheaper there, it's hard to stop once u start shopping... Must remind myself to control!!

Can I know if I can do manicure and pedicure during pregnancy.. some read-ups says yes.. some say no.. so don't know what to do?? Will it harm the baby with the chemical used for the colourings?
I also want to know... But since i'm not yet convinced it's safe to do so, I hv stopped for now lor.. Same with hair perming n coloring. Later on during breastfeeding oso dunno it is ok to do?

Can I know if I can do manicure and pedicure during pregnancy.. some read-ups says yes.. some say no.. so don't know what to do?? Will it harm the baby with the chemical used for the colourings?

My friend told me that it's ok to do it from 2nd tri onwards and she has been doing it throughout her pregnancy, but for me, I have removed mine in the first tri and don't plan to do it anymore as I realised that my nails has become so brittle after doing the jellish manicure ( I have only done it for about 3 times). Last time my nails are strong and healthy. The girl that remove for me told me that it's better don't do it during pregnancy cos the uv rays used to dry the polish might be harmful to our babies... Also after baby is born, we need to cut our nails short as afraid will scratch our baby..

For hair colouring, I have coloured mine after passed 1st tri using a chemical free hair colouring. The salon I went to used mostly chemical free products, so even I sat there for long hours, I didn't smell any chemical smell. And when my hairstylist apply the colouring on my hair, she will avoid my scalp.

Sensech, i got some from mummysecret online shop last time.. Reasonable price but sizing was quite hit n miss, end up giving away some to my friends. Is qoo10 quality ok?

I have been looking at mummysecret but have not made any purchase yet, instead I bought from ASOS but not sure if the sizing fits me, hopefully it does. Also bought jeans and bras from Spring maternity, thelittleangel website and Coobie bra online from US. Read reviews that the coobie bras are really comfy and can wear throughout our pregnancy, so I have bought some and hope to receive it real soon :)

Hi mummies to be,

I'm a first time mum and new to this forum! My EDD is 8th March, any preggy buddies around the same time too?

Gynae say my placenta a bit low now, but not to worry too much as it can also shift upwards along the pregnancy. But still, I can't help but worry! Any mummies come across this before?

Can help to add me to the Facebook group too? [email protected] .

I also did my pedicure & manicure during my 1st pregancy. So now I also do. Nowadays the nail polish they used are safe to use.

Hi mummies to be,

I'm a first time mum and new to this forum! My EDD is 8th March, any preggy buddies around the same time too?

Gynae say my placenta a bit low now, but not to worry too much as it can also shift upwards along the pregnancy. But still, I can't help but worry! Any mummies come across this before?

Can help to add me to the Facebook group too? [email protected] .

Hi Bijou, we have the same EDD, haha.. How does your Gynae know that your placenta is low?

Hi Bijou, we have the same EDD, haha.. How does your Gynae know that your placenta is low?

Hi elegancez!

Yeah same EDD! :).

My gynae can see from his machine that it is low le. From my detailed scan at 20th week, they also reflected the same thing. :(. My only consolation is tt gynae say it may shifts upwards during pregnancy and my friend had low placenta during her pregnancy and it did shift up during her 3rd trimester. So now I'm telling baby to help me to push it up inside!! Hah. Hopefully it will help! :).

dear all, its been sometime since I posted.... those who read my previous post wil know tt I did a harmony test n at 12wks I alrd know my bb is a boy. had detailed scan on e 20wks everthing is ok but seems like my placenta also on e low side. so gynae says if dun shift up it might have to c-sect. :-(this is my 2nd pregnancy but 1st one is ok. Gyane advice me to get a maternity belt so as to ease e pressure on my tummy. I m also like peeing abt 1-2 hrs. v sianz. also eating a lot. my weight now is 55.5kg which means i gain 7.5kg. My EDDis 9th mar.

Hi elegancez!

Yeah same D! :).

My gynae can see from his machine that it is low le. From my detailed scan ainternet th 20th week, they also reflected the same thing. :(. My only consolation is tt gynae say it may shifts upwards during pregnancy and my friend had low placenta during her pregnancy and it did shift up during her 3rd trimester. So now I'm telling baby to help me to push it up inside!! Hah. Hopefully it will help! :).
Just did my detailed scan on Friday, my gynae also say that my placenta is abit low, but didnt say much, only say that its still early...i read from the internet that if placenta is low, cannot carry heavy things n cannot squat. My work requires me to take heavy files most of the time, not sure whether its considersd heavy....haiz...

hi, I'm in week 22+ now. So far gain weight around 3.5kgs+ (i'd dropped 1 kgs in 1st tri). Can share how much weight u gain now? I target to gain around 10-12 kgs during the whole pregnancy. BB weight so far normal after the detail end Oct.

I have no appetite until after week 21. Now starting to eat more, but dinner still consider normal. Appetite for lunch better. How about other mummy-to-be?

hi, I'm in week 22+ now. So far gain weight around 3.5kgs+ (i'd dropped 1 kgs in 1st tri). Can share how much weight u gain now? I target to gain around 10-12 kgs during the whole pregnancy. BB weight so far normal after the detail end Oct.

I have no appetite until after week 21. Now starting to eat more, but dinner still consider normal. Appetite for lunch better. How about other mummy-to-be?

i'm week 19 now, think i gained ard 5 to 6kg already. lucky for me as i don't have MS so still can have appetite for food. But i think weight gain is subjected to individual as long as BB is at the healthy weight range, it shld be fine.

Hello everyone!

A new mama here. :) Do add me into the FB group too. [email protected]

Pregnancy is such a looooong journey, time passes so slow everyday too. :)

EDD: 31st Marc 2014
Baby: #1
Gynae: Dr. Yeoh Swee Choo
Hospital: Mt E

vosiez said:
Sensech, i got some from mummysecret online shop last time.. Reasonable price but sizing was quite hit n miss, end up giving away some to my friends. Is qoo10 quality ok?
Vosiez, I find the quality of clothes from qoo10 so so. Some quite thin but there are some surprisingly not bad. I find the designs quite nice though.

I am 21 wks this wk as well and had done my detail scan on Mon and gender will be a baby girl. My placenta also low this time round and this is my #3, my previous 2 also princesses. Gynae say its normal as this is my 3rd pregnancy and will go up down the weeks as well :)

Hi mummies,

I am new to this group. I am having my 2nd child. ETD 31 March 2014. Delivering at KKH. I will be having my detailed scan on 19 Nov, hope to know my bb gender by then. Can admin add me to the facebook group, my e-mail is [email protected].

As I seldom check forum, I prefer the groups at whatsapp chat. Kindly e-mail me if there is any group chat or we can set up one.

Thanks

Regards,
Isabel Ng

Hi mummies...

I'm having my 2nd child as well... did a scan 2 weeks back and gynae had confirmed that it's gonna be a girl again this time round :). ETD 3 March 2014... will be delivering in Mt A or TMC.. still deciding. The last time i delivered my first gal in TMC but i find that the nurses there were rather rough towards my gal.. so now thinking of going to Mt A instead. Can anyone share with me your experience in Mt A?

Also, could the admin please kindly add me to the FB group too? My email is [email protected].

Thanks in advance!

Just happened to pop in. Usually in the facebook group.

Everytime someone asked Mt A or TMC, I cant help but must give my 2 cents worth. I have delivered in both hospital before and Mt A is way better than TMC. In terms of service, in terms of sincerity Mt A wins hands down. Hope this helps

Hello mommies this is my first ever internet chat (yes!) and my first baby. Everything is new and a little scary still. It is amazing and comforting to see so many websites and forums on pregnancy topics. After a life-changing resignation, tough first trimester, depression and worry about good parenting, this is the week that common sense and some humor returned to life - to the relief of husband and folk!

EDD 31 Mar - 6 Apr
Bloodwork suggests male fetus
Not decided Mt A or Mt E

Have ALL the symptoms - especially constipation, bloating, not putting on enough weight, no baby movement!

Despite not being used to a live-in helper, looks like we really need one. When typically should the helper start, some say at least 3months before EDD so that she gets familiar with the household first?

Thanks!

Hi quicksandx,

I like Mt A service, the nurses there are nice and friendly and pro to bf. I delivered my #2 there in Mar 2012 and will be delivering my #3 at Mt A as well next yr Mar again. :)

Hi.. I am in week 20 now and so far i gained 2kg.

My first pregnancy I put on 20 over kg..:( Trying to control my weight with this pregnancy..

i just had my detailed scan, doc say my weight gain is normal... so trying not to feel to bad about the weight gain..
but is it possible to control our weight gain? i feel hungry every 2-3 hrs... o_O

i just had my detailed scan, doc say my weight gain is normal... so trying not to feel to bad about the weight gain..
but is it possible to control our weight gain? i feel hungry every 2-3 hrs... o_O

My gynea say to cut down on maternal milk, as it is quite fattening. Im taking fresh milk now. Hope that helps:)

My gynea say to cut down on maternal milk, as it is quite fattening. Im taking fresh milk now. Hope that helps:)
Hi i'm a first time mummy.. currently 24 weeks. I'm wondering is it okay to drink fresh milk from the fridge? Cause my mom in law says that not to drink too much cold stuff... but fresh milk should be alright right?

Hi i'm a first time mummy.. currently 24 weeks. I'm wondering is it okay to drink fresh milk from the fridge? Cause my mom in law says that not to drink too much cold stuff... but fresh milk should be alright right?

I drink direct from the fridge and at times I also go for cold drinks. As the weather is so hot...

usually my mornings are with a hot drink.. followed by cold drinks like fruit juice.. :p
sometimes i take cornflakes with fresh milk.. so i guess it should be okay.. :p

usually my mornings are with a hot drink.. followed by cold drinks like fruit juice.. :p
sometimes i take cornflakes with fresh milk.. so i guess it should be okay.. :p

I normally use hot water to steam the fresh milk taken out from fridge. Just for a while, as to avoid cold fresh milk. But taste not good as cold fresh milk :)

I am drinking 2 glasses of Anmum maternal milk everyday and at wk21, I hv already put on 10kg! So now I cut down to 1 glass anmum & 1glass HL milk.

I am drinking 2 glasses of Anmum maternal milk everyday and at wk21, I hv already put on 10kg! So now I cut down to 1 glass anmum & 1glass HL milk.

I'm only drinking 1 glass of milk from Frisco.. I've already put on 8kg.. so now we know which brand is more fattening.. LOL.
I've tried Anmum.. didn't like the taste.. hee.

I also put on around 2 kg only, i wish i could put on more :(
I drink both fresh n mummy milk, fresh milk i dilute it with abit of hot water. cos i also cannot take too much cold drink. hee save time, hope nutrients still there.

Last time i used to drink Anmum with my first one, cos the taste is better than the rest, at least i can swallow it down. but this 2nd one, i saw on the box of Anmum is by Fonterra, i scared not safe to drink so i change to another brand.

Hi all,
i m also a mar 2014 mummy! Currently at 20 weeks, first time mum. Have been reading passively here for sometime and decided finally to post smthg. Hope to learn more from everyone here.

I have a sensitive question to ask the experience mummies here:

- Did anyone experience huge swell at the private parts especially when going to toilet to do big business? I don't know why I have this big swell every time I try to poo-poo. There is no pain or itch at that area, but it swell so big till I can feel the "raw" skin. Feels horrible. Don't know if it is normal? However, when I stood up from the toilet and rest a while, the swell has subsided. It only appears when I goes toilet.

Back