(2013) ivf/icsi mummies Support group

Hi mummies
My Edd is 11 Oct but may deliver earlier if C-sect. Tried IVF once in Oct/Nov last year but failed. Then conceived naturally. It was a blessing as I did IUI a few times but to no avail. Could I ask a question? Is it better to buy a latex mattress. I had a hand it down spongy type of mattress but read that it would be good to buy a latex mattress. Please advise. TIA

I gave bb sweet potatoes last week and he doesn't seem to like it very much. He spat out at the first mouthful. Not sure if it's because it's not as smooth as avocado. Am going to give him banana next actually but my mum said needs to buy the small ones. Any idea?

Have not log on in a long time. How is everyone besides being busy busy? :)
I just started work today. Though it was a little hard in the weeks leading up to today, I am surprised to find that the routine of work is strangely comforting. I suppose it is nice in some ways to get a small part of our old life back. Hope everyone will have a great week!

snakebaby, I read somewhere that it is good to get new mattress for baby and I also agree. More hygienic. We bought a firm spring mattress that baby can use up to 4-5 years old.

Hi Koirc, think it's because it is so hard to log in now unless we are sitting in front of the computer.
Sounds like your baby is doing well trying out new food!

Hi ladies,

I am returning red eggs at toa payoh shuang lin shi this sat 21sep 12noon.

I conceived after taking red eggs fr a returning couple. Hence I am doing the same to bless more couples.

If u r interested, see you on sat.

Hi Ladies,

How's everyone doing? :) Haven't logged in for a long long time.. Am at 31 wks now.. Gynae said might have to induce labour for me at 37 wks.. Getting nervous! Feels like I've not gotten everything ready.. haha..

Hi Min!
Wow, so so fast! Where did the time go?
So 6 more weeks to go for you! My pregnancy time feels like a lifetime away. Ha ha!

My advice to you is to enjoy your couple time and sleep as much as you can. Life as you know it will never be the same again. Woo hoo!
And to enjoy every moment especially while at the hospital. And if anyone ever tells you that you won't have enough milk, don't listen to them. Just keep latching and your milk will come in :)

What are the stuff you haven't bought?

Hi min81, times really flies . Very fast you are able go c ur little one.
enjoy the couple times with ur dh now . Life can never the same once the bb is out.
There is a baby fair in oct if you havent bought any bulky items .
Keep us informed after u deliver

Lil ponyo, dian tang,

Ya time really flies.. haha.. Thanks for the tips ladies! I haven't gotten the car seat but we already know what we're gonna get so hope to get a gd price for it at the oct fair.. Probably need more diapers too.. Just feeling unprepared cos bb's rm still looks kinda messy.. Had another scan yesterday.. Bb still small at 1.4 kg at 31 wks.. Prof said we have to be prepared for earlier delivery, even at 34/35 wks if the situation calls for it.. But both he and the diabetes doc said one gd thing is that bb's growth has been very consistent, did not fluctuate nor dip from a higher growth weight to a lower one, so it could also be attributed to genetic factors as both hubby and me are small built.. Just praying everything's gd.. Feeling anxious..

Min81, don't worry too much. Just leave the hard work to your doctors and you are in good hands.
Take care, rest, relax and be good to your body and everything else will follow naturally :)
Now is the time to sit back and just supervise your DH to get the baby room ready. Ha ha!
Don't worry about buying everything all at once. As long as you have the essentials, that is fine.
Are you getting a CL? If so, remember to get her on standby too if you have to deliver early.

I still remember you, Dian Tang, Saralyn, Laki and I were from our IUI forum days. I wonder how is Laki now. Hope everything is going well for her too.

Min81, dun worry abt the growth since the docs said it was ok. prob you can drink mum milk or soya bean milk. Or take some yogurt witn calcium . Rem to take more calcium and iron especially last stage where the baby will take thsse from u.
Are you going to deliver youf baby in nuh?

koirc hihi. yes I also bought small bananas. heard those big Philippines type de monte more difficult to digest.

lil good that u r doing well and gaining back ur sanity. I only let bb try to sit when 6 month old. and she needs few days of practice and she can sit unassisted. well its depend on each bb as every baby development is different.

bought my bb to swimming pool today and she was so happy. kicking in the swimming pool. think she will be v tired later.

min wow thats fast! sleep more now n rest well n eat well now. life will be different aft bb is borned. but life is more meaningful now.

Wow, Min, time really flies!

Babysmurf, I gave avocado as first food together with milk so it’s like avocado milk.

Lil, I think babies sit up unassisted when 7mths.

Sade, when do you decide to give bb two meals a day and how do you do it? I now let bb try new food for lunch and dinner is just brown rice cereal. And so nice that you brought your daughter swimming and she liked it. I am also bringing my boy swimming this coming weekend, finally. So do you shower your girl right after or just rinse then go back and shower?

Ladies, can recommend high chair to buy? I haven’t bought for my boy but need to buy soon I guess.

koirc I started 2 solids a day till now. Going to start 3 solids this weekend. I started 2 solids after 2 weeks of introducing solid. I gave her puree or oatmeal as breakfast n porridge as lunch or dinner. sometimes I gave her brown rice porridge.
as for the highchair, I had a pass down ikea high chair and had been using it for her meals.
I brought her to swimming pool at my condo so I brought her home to bath.
did u signed up for any swimming spa session? I wen once with my bb n she loved it and fell asleep during swimming.

Hi ladies,

Wow, it's super long ago since I log in.
Hmm, my girl is still "underweight" she's developing along the 10 percentile only, a bit better for her height as she is on the 25 percentile curve.
Brought her see pd, see kk doctor, not much help just said she's on the small side. Think she's like my husband, underweight all along till after married. I started my girl on semi-solid now, just a few spoonful of porridge (meat with threadfin fish) for lunch. Going to start cereal rice porridge for dinner. I've been adding cereal to her daytime feeding milk as told by the PD since her 4th mth.

Still wonder if I should buy the Avent blender+steamer as she doesn't eat a lot, and that blender requires a certain quantity to blend I supposed...

Talking about feeding, I didn't get the high-stool I strap her onto the spare car seat and feed her there as she tends to bend forward. Haven't get her a walker yet too. Tried out one at the babyfair last Sat and she knock her head against the front panel toy cos the seat is a bit big for her...

We signed up with the Baby-spa. She tried it out last sat and she like it a lot, she was so relax during the massage.

Hi sade and Koirc, what do you let your baby do when she/he wakes up? I let my girl watch TV (Disney Junior) while I'm busy... other times I'll let her play with the activity toy or just let her lie down and chew on the teether. How about you? How do you entertain your bb? I'm running out of idea...haha

znatasha good that ur bb likes baby spa. its v popular now.
I let my bb watch some nursery songs on youtube and let her play jumperoo or some plastic toys. my hb, my mum n me will take turn to entertain her whenever possible. n also give he teether too.

Hi mummies would like to know ur experience w huggies, pampers and goon. I've tried all 3 and my CL commented that pampers doesn't seem to hold as much pee. My mum just told me babies skin feels wet when she changed goon diapers. Quite disappointed as I've heard abt goon's absorbency. Does anyone else have the same experience or maybe we just happen to change n feel bb wet skin immediately after a pee before goon has a chance to absorb the pee?

Hi small bunny, I haven't tried using goon before - just comparing between huggies and pampers. I have used both brands for my newborn and have personally preferred pampers over huggies. Pampers appeared to be more absorbent and fit my baby better (my baby is relatively small size!). also note that pampers do have many variations of their products as well - their 'no frill' or some mothers term as 'economical' range (I feel) work just as well as many other brands in the market. However, one of my friend did shared with me her experiences on huggies pull ups. She feels huggies pull ups work better for her daughter as opposed to pampers.

Hi Sade,

Thanks for the website.

Hi Small bunny, I have tried huggies, pampers, mammy poko, napier.
Napier has one advantage over the rest as it comes with indicator. But somehow I find that it always leak. Maybe the size I got is too big for my girl. Mammy poko is the best so far, can hold quite a lot of pee and the size/cutting is good. Pampers cutting doesn't really suit my girl. (She has quite a big thigh but she's small size :~), so M-size is a bit tight but L is too big. But I find that the pampers "active baby" series is quite high absorbance and it's thinner than mammy poko. I only used the huggies new born so can't really compare with the rest which I used now.

Hi small bunny
I tried merries, pampers, mammy Poko, huggies. Merries is the best for my bb. Is thin n can hold urine. U may want to go to their website to ask for sample to try out. Currently huggies has improved theirs also.

Hi Mummies, I'm looking for a hair salon that cut baby's hair. Do you have any recommendation? good if it is at north east area of Singapore. Thank you in advance!

Hi all alittle abt myself.. i started on ivf since 2010. Gone thru 2 fresh & 2 fets but none succeed with 1 chemical m/c. Went for lap last yr & preggy naturally last dec but m/c. Conceived naturally again without planning this july.. detected hbs in 6th wk scan but gone when i scan in 8th wk. No bleeding no symptons. Had 3 m/cs. Went to do some bt tests & my results tested on thyroid, lupus & anti nuclear antibodies. I'm tested negative for all Except Anti nuclear.. did any of the sisters here encountered it & finally overcome it & have a healthy bb now?What are the treatment used to counter this illness? Haiz bad news after bad news.. im going to nuh to get 2nd opinion.. hope to get some reply here tia..

hi. ive just join this forum
had iui done oh the 25/10 but failed..
going for my ivf consent tomorrow.
anyone know how soon they will start?

hey pinkieberrie! ya....so quiet hor.....guess also due to the facelifto_O

me good lah, how about u?

Hahahaaaa......quite true, busier than feeding milk!:D
I am feeding her 1 cereal meal and in between abit of fruits n veg. DH say we very slow in introducing new foods leh.

Are you feeding your bb porridge already?

Im giving baby cereal in morning and 2 porridge meal - lunch and dinner.
Porridge w hv veg and fish/meat. In between will gv fruits when im having.
He started having 1 porridge since 6months old. Recently then started 2.

Wow! Alrdy having porridge for 2 meals ah! I'm so slow lor! Still giving cereal to bb :oops:

Do u have a slow cooker to cook porridge? Brown rice? Thk I need to intro soon liao!

hi Mummies,

My baby girl who is 6months old have problem drinking milk after starting on solid food. The amount of milk she drank drop by 50%. She loves to eat solid food but she develop rashes after eating brown rice cereal, rice cereal (both from Nestle) and wheat cereal (Frisocreme). I have to give her zyrtec to reduce her rashes.

She can don't drink milk for 5-6hrs long. Even after 5-6hrs, she only drink less than 100ml of milk. Her usual is 160ml every 4hrs.

I have stopped feeding her solid food but she still don't like to drink milk. Any suggestion on what I can do to make her drink milk again and what solid food should i feed her?

Chevy, i use slowcooker cook his porridge. Now he has 3solid meals a day.

Outliers, try cooking porridge see if she will hv rash. Is she hving fm? You try spoon feeding? Mayb she doesnt want to drink from bottles?

hi Mummies,

My baby girl who is 6months old have problem drinking milk after starting on solid food. The amount of milk she drank drop by 50%. She loves to eat solid food but she develop rashes after eating brown rice cereal, rice cereal (both from Nestle) and wheat cereal (Frisocreme). I have to give her zyrtec to reduce her rashes.

She can don't drink milk for 5-6hrs long. Even after 5-6hrs, she only drink less than 100ml of milk. Her usual is 160ml every 4hrs.

I have stopped feeding her solid food but she still don't like to drink milk. Any suggestion on what I can do to make her drink milk again and what solid food should i feed her?

If she is on formula, try giving her diluted milk like 50% concentration and once she accepts, slowing increase back to 100%.

As for the solids, maybe you can getting pure rice cereal from Heinz or Healthy Times and mix in baby's usual milk. Then you can eliminate whether she is allergic to the rice or additives in the pre-mixed cereals.

Hi outliers, are the cereals you bought comes with milk? Frisocream comes with milk while nestlac comes in 2 types, with or without milk. Maybe your girl is allergic to the milk additive??

Hi Mummies, think some of your kids are turning 1--time flies... Can your bb walk? My girl is "lazy" doesn't like to flip on tummy, she doesn't crawl yet, I am worried. Not sure if she'll skip this step like some of her cousins. Must bb know how to crawl?

Znatasha, i know of a pd who feels that bb shld not skip the crawl stage as crawling trains their wrist and arm.
My boy is flipping, crawling and cruising around but prefers to crawl as he reaches his destination faster than cruising with supports.
Your girl given the opportunity to practice crawling?

Hi Mummies, I tried feeding her with rice porridge today and few hrs later, she developed a few red spots on her hands and legs. I have stopped all rice and wheat cereal on her for a few weeks and I thought maybe can try again rice porridge but who knows she still got rashes. Haiz... good thing is her milk appetite returns. Shld i go to kkh to check if she is really allergy to rice?

Hi Reiki, how do you train your bb to flip? I put her on bed she'll flip on tummy then flip back again. I put her in playpen, she'll just sit there and play. doesn't flip on tummy leh... But if we support her from back she would slide forward on her butt.

Hi outliers, yap I think you better get her check by doctor...

Hi All,

Haven log in for so long...wondering how is everyone doing. How are you babies doing? Anyone of you oredi planning for 2nd one?

Hello all, how's everyone doing? It's been a long time and it's so quiet here! Hope everyone is doing well.

And happy birthday to all the March babies. My baby's turning one next week! :D

Happy Birthday to all the 1yr old babies. Time flies it's been a yr since we last pregnant hehe:). Anyone thinking of trying for no 2?

Hi Chevy,

Erm...for me I still thinking haha...coz I haven been treating my body well ever since I gave birth hehe...been eating ice and cold drinks everyday since the day I gave birth...addicted:p trying to change so that can plan for 2nd one, want to give my girl a sibling so they can look after each other and wont be so lonely hee.

Back