(2013) ivf/icsi mummies Support group

Koirc: 5 in 1 consist of dpt, polio n HIB. Polyclinic schedule is baby's 3rd, 4mth is given 5in1. 5mth is can choose 5in1 or 6in1. Different for 6in1 is additional hep b3 dose.

babysmurf> ya. thanks
happy.gif
happy.gif

GIrl Girl, you know, I don't even know if I've ever had Braxton Hicks contraction. I can't tell. Sometimes my tummy feels tight all day so I'm not sure if that counts! Wah, you are so prepared, already thinking of jabs for baby! For me, my baby movement seem to have reduced in the past 2-3 days. THink baby is getting very cramped in my belly.

Thanks, Hope & Usagi, for your feedback about sleeping arrangements. It's very helpful and gives me a better idea on what to do.

PSP, hang in there and try to occupy yourself. 6-7 weeks will pass in a flash! I'm lucky in a way, so far no leg cramp or body aches. Touch wood!

Koirc,
His scheduled visit to sgh is late may. So I haven bring him see pd. my own visit to gynae is coming mon.

Bb is now 3.8 kg, face more chubby. Cute!

Znatasha, usually boys drink more compared to girls. My boy was on 90ml when he was 2weeks old. Pd even said by end of week 2 need to be on 100ml.

If you go pte means cannot go bk polyclinic? Hmmm then next tims you kiasu book early lor.

Hope, good to hear af dun affect bm volume.

Recently my bm volume has decreased quite a bit. Also duno y. Hiaz.... Maybe stress thking about going back to work hahaha....

Usagi, I alrdy got fenugreek standby b4 delivery but haven't start taking. If it still doesn't increase, may have to take liao.... Waz ur dosage?

Chevy, I am taking 2 pills 3 times a day. Next mon, will ask gynae for med to increase bm. Now my bm still little but min got Ard 50ml. Max got Ard 70+.

chevy I find pumping more stressful than latching. cos always monitoring the volume. my supply is up n down hence I m not sure if menses will reduce the milk volume or not. now abt 100-160ml per session.
how long do u plan to bf? u manage to drag the pumping time now? u have to think abt it cos u r starting work soon.

Chevy, I think the fair is very small n probably not worth going..Whenever it says hall 5A, means its the same as previous ones I've been to where takes up less than a quarter or third of a hall. From what I remember, mainly bb clothes.

There's a big fair coming up 30 May - that one should be good!

Btw, how are the huggies?

Koirc - my baby's like that. She rejects bottle n get cranky. Prefers to be hungry n sleep thsn take bottle. My pd says day time try to get her to feed at least 4 hrs. Nite time can sleep. Min feeds must be at least 6. Yest my baby slept from 930pm to 7am. Was worried. She hadnt poop for 4 days.

Oooo not always hungry ard this time everyday. Within 2wks I put 500g. 400g go to baby then she keep 100g for me. Faint. Is this normal. Always cannot sleep at night daytime very sleepy. Need to nap

Babysmurf, think its normal. In last 2 weeks I put on 1kg. 600g is baby and 400g for me! My tummy has really ballooned in 3rd trimester!

babysmurf> my strep B is next monday. haha...

ytd night false alarm. Was having pain but realised that is irregular. My BaoBei like to give me this kind of surprise... hubby say shd be stage 1 labour liao.

This morning feeling more more tired than usual. And walking super super slow like snail. I think soon those tortoise can be my friend ....

BB keep punching and poking my left side of belly.... i sayang her and say "u stay inside for some more time and grow more fat ok"...

Girl girl: thought u already done it. Heehee my review now is weekly Liao. Excited? I blur blur just do it. Hahaha should be able to get my result coming tue.

Ladies: do I keep the bottles n breast pump parts in ziplock bag after sterilized? Planning to test out my sterilizer today.

babysmurf ur turn soon. u can sterilised ur bottles n pump again before use. sterilisation only takes up 5-8 min.
gotta be prepared that if u planned to bf fully then cant even sleep well aft bb is borned.

koirc maybe ur bb has wind in tummy? my girl gets cranky whenever there's wind in her tummy. she doesn't finish feeds at times too. n she's sleepy too. maybe try to do some simple massage on ur bb tummy so that can help to get rid of tummy wind.

Koirc: thanks!

After delivery , busy with pumping milk and latching . Now is my 5th day , not much milk . I keep positive as latching the baby will increase the breast milk too. Baby now feed on more fm .

Dian_tang: me too, 5th day, but i dont even hv a single drop of milk. Bb now still at nicu, nurse keep asking me to pump 3 hrs, but too bad.

Ladies: just read the application for baby bonus. Do we have to go to the bank first to fill up the form. Then submit togather to ica at the point of registration of child B/C?

Precious baby: Wah very fast ur baby going 1wks old. Got put on weight. Use hot compress n massage your breast before pumping.

babysmurf> KKH got 1 counter OCBC for the BB bonus and CDA account. BC registration can be done at KKH as well
happy.gif
Remember to bring birth notification form, couple's original IC and orig ROM cert for SG citizen. Fee is $39.40. Though can do at ICA but coz we stay very far, so might as well do at hospital and can go home after that.

Babysmurf: prob u can bring along a bank book or a statement from the bank.u are delivering in kkh? If Kkh can do birth reg and cda account , u can settle it at one go . Of course there are some forms to fill for cda account

Dian_tang: my bb born on the same day as ur. Mine is preterm labour, at wk 34, so bb hv to stay at nicu. It a bit difficult to pump milk every 3 hrs, as I need to go hospital visit my bb

Sade, Chevy.

Ask u all, when feed ebm, do u feed same amount per fm? If so, then did bb ask for milk faster?

This morning, my bb totally refused to zz, keep want pp to carry. But my breasts so sore and painful.
sad.gif

Babysmurf,
My hubby did the birth cert at ica. I think he only provided the original bank statements, he didn't go bank. He did it quite fast and he got the bc on the spot.

Precious baby, maybe u bring your pump to hospital n pump in their nursing room?

usagi my bb is fully on bm. my bb had been asking for milk v frequently during first few weeks. r u looking aft ur bb by yourself now?

Sade,
No la. My mum helps me from 10am to 7pm, then I take over from evening to next morning. But the wee hours is the most terrible, waking up to pump and feed bb, change diapers etc.

Like this morning, he kept dun want to zz, I so busy no time to rest or pump. Being a mother is really very challenging.

Ladies: do u al have any recommendation for Chinese name master. Dh n me having come up with the Chinese name but not too sure whether suitable for my baby anot.

usagi oh I see. ya its v tiring. I m so tired nowadays ever sin I started working. so busy. guess age is catching up liao. haiz. so nice of ur mum to help u out.

Sade,
When I return to work, my mum suggested leaving bb at her place for weekdays then weekend I bring home. I bu she de but I dun think I got stamina. Sob sob. Can't be sahm in spore unless hubby super rich.

Babysmurf, i use 游龙子 for my bb chinese name. Just call them up, give ur bb date of birth, birth time and surname, they will give u a name to collect the name

babysmurf> u can try the Precious Baby recommendation....游龙子 ... or the Huaxia Taimaobi located at KKH level 1 mall. They will give u the name within 24 hours.

For us we sort of decided.... based on calculation of strokes lar. Not fancy name but nice sounding.

i also made 2 bag tags and name stickers for her so that we can label her stuff at infant care and tag her bag and pram. Hehe...

this morning she give me 3 very long and very strong stretches. Hubby say she preparing to come out and play. I told her to guai guai wait till after mother's day...lolx

Sade, same here, supply up n down too. duno if it's due to draggin of pump time (sometimes 4 to 5 hrs after 12am). i thking of stopping at 6mths but also need to see if i can manage when start work. having to pump is quite inconvenient as compare to latching and i can't be out for long. long long time no shopping liao! well, unless i bring pump along......very ma fan. still have febm as backup though. U intend to bf for how long leh?

Bb, oh...but i thk dh is kinda interested to take a look. This fair is at hall 4. so maybe slightly beta?

Alrdy top up 2~3 times of huggies liao! hahahaaaa....quite siong leh! 1 pack last abt 3 days nia....now trying to move to S cos slightly cheaper n bigger pack.

U still using huggies? so far ok?

Usagi, ah b taking ebm so can't help on the fm. but imo, since fm is more filling, the volume can be slightly lower? maybe u can try lower volume first n monitor if bb cries for feed earlier and adjust thereafter.

Your bb keeps crying to be carried? Sometimes when i pump and bb cries, i just continue to pump .... no choice. Else i will put her next to me and try to cajole her.

Maybe can ask ur dh to help?

Usagi, fm or ebm, the difference in timing will be about 30min diff. Shldnt have much diff in timing. The good we take affect bm quality. Are you taking any fish oil?

My avent pump motor died on me. Luckily hv 1 for 1 exchange else i will have to use the manual pump. Super aching on wrists...

Hope, my bb up to 140ml le. Hw much yours drinking?
Any idea if take 6 in 1 will hv fever??

Reikibaby, u using single pump? did it suddenly died? mine's kinda acting up too leh..... the momentum of one suck n release became fast. not sure if u know wat i meant.

Chevy,
Hubby working in the morning, so no choice, ya to let him cry Liao. I started using s Huggies but suddenly realized my mummy forgot to use 2 packs of nb. Haha. So now my s Huggies finished but m Huggies n m drypers a bit too big for bb. So now night time I use merries s size.

Reikibaby,

No leh. If he take bm. 1 hr later he cries for milk again.

Not taking fish oil. Taking obmin the vitamin my gynae ask me take when preggie. Only started in week 3 coz first 2 weeks took painkillers. How long will the wound for natural delivery recover ah. I feel the Area near ass sore n raw. Dun dare use soap yet. Just wash with water.

Thank ladies.

Rekibaby: after taking 5in1 or 6in1, baby will feel feverish of have fever. When u go for the jab can check with pd or nurse, normally they will give u fever med for standby.

Usagi: obmin also consist of fish oil.

Chevy, yah single pump. Yes initially was acting up like wat u described. Then yesterday morning it just went pumping fast but not strong and then collapsed. So hubby brought to philipstoday and exchanged the motor.

Usagi, shouldnt differ much by right. Unless your bm not 'fatty' enough to fill him. Take fish oil or best eat fish tat are more 'oily' like salmon to improve quality of bm.

Usagi, also drink milk will help. We need to supplement w fish oil and calcium/milk when giving bm. Cos if we dun take quality food for bm then the ebm will not be filling for baby. And this will make you very tired cos your supply will not meet his demand. And worse still we can oni pump every 3hrs. Thenlike tat your baby is taking alot feeds a day.

Back