(2013/10) October 2013

Ally - i think my #1, i felt it after 5 mths.. u can feel bb kicking now? Thats great !

Hmm, this thread seems getting slower.. all moved to fb already?

Does anyone knows if DR Paul Tseng have any pkgs, I'm currently seeing him. I read that DR Chan from Glen is good too and wonder if he have pkgs? Really confused which gynae to go to.

Dear Mummies/Mummies To Be,

I have stopped breastfeeding and have the following to let go:

1. Medela Freestyle Pump, US set, lightly used for 4mths, in good condition. Letting go at $360. Collection at Buangkok mrt. Giveaway sachets of Organic Mother's Milk Tea, half bottle of Greenlife Fenugreek and loose pcs of breastpads.

2. Pigeon/ Tollyjoy Disposable Breast Pad (BN)

3. MIM baby sling

4. My Breast Friend Breastfeeding Pillow

5. Lightly used Storage Milk bottles. (Avent/Pigeon)

6. Pigeon Cooler Bag

7. Tollyjoy napkin liners (BN)

8. Pigeon (3 pcs) Storage Milk Bottles (BN)

9. Breastfeeding Blanket (Bebitza Brand) -Used once only.

10. Avent Via Cups (BN), 10 pcs at 180ml each

If interested, do PM me as I seldom check the thread. Thanks.

snakey, sorry to hear tt.. take care n do a mini confinement to recuperate k.. *hugz*

SN, yup, SSR is the clinic tt Dr Ananda is at.

Little J, welcome! Although amnio is more conclusive, it carries a risk of miscarriage which is what i'm trying to avoid hence going to see Dr Ananda for 2nd opinion. hopefully can hear some assuring news from him so i can skip the amnio on wk 16.

shahan, welcome too! our #2 have the same edd..
happy.gif
but my gynae said i will most likely deliver early (since my #1 was delivered 2 wks earlier).. so prob will have a early oct bb instead..

Hi snakey, so sorry to hear that. Hugs. Take care n stay strong.

Jasmine, yeah. How long will the oscar test take? Any idea how much it cost?? I m totally clueless about it. I think i am a blur mama... Hehe

Little J - u can PM lilprecious and ask her to add you into the fb. She is the administrator of the fb private group
happy.gif

Hi. An alternative to amnio is the materni t21 test. It is what SN said before but your above is the right spelling so you can google for more info.

Hello all,

I'm a first time mum to be and edd is on 4 oct.

Just curious if anyone of u are already experiencing backaches? Isn't it too soon as m only heading towards 16wks?

Hi michelle,

I'm also a first time mum & had already experienced the backaches as early as 10 weeks. Doc said it's normal as the body is expanding for the little one. The pain did go off subsequently in week 12 and *touchwood*.. hope it remain like this..

Anyone had any bacterial/fungal infections? Mine came back twice since preggy and today just went to TMC last min to have a check and get some meds. Sighs. It's so irritating during working hours.

Monmon - Thank u! I think previously he had pkgs but now don't have :/

Hey Fanny, my scan was very fast and baby was waving to me when the scan started. So cute! Think it costs abt 300. I haven paid yet though. Might get the tmc members card. Heard there are good discounts but I'll find out first...

Hi ladies, not sure if anyone faces the same problem as me. I'm 13 weeks now, and am seeing Dr. Jocelyn Wong @ TMC. She has just prescribed me multivits and fishoil, and my problem is, i have trouble swallowing pills since I was a child. Has anyone any suggestions or solutions? Everyday is a nightmare when it's meds time
sad.gif
sad.gif
Have you heard of any liquid form from your gynaes or anything I can take off the shelf as long as it's not capsules/pills for supplements?

I think happymum is saying Jeslyn.. who is me! Lol... anyway pls add me or happymum.. I am granting her admin rights later at night when I use my com.. thank u all

Hi Tiffany, I have a similar problem as you but I think mine not as serious. I dread each time I have to swallow pills. But I try and psycho myself and brainwash myself that I can swallow everything and nothing will get stuck then I prepare myself and position. I get phobia as when I was young, panadol will not go down my throat. It just gets stuck there and turn bitter then everytime I try to cut the pill to. make it smaller to swallow. Not sure if They have liquid form for those pills though...

Lilprecious, I couldn't add you in FB cos your setting does not allow.
Tried sending you MSG in FB but it is sent to your 'other' folder. Can you add me as friend? Thanks.

Slp, strange I search for the address under search friends option but No results and keep asking for friends name. That's y I cannot find lilprecious. Why u guys manage to find? Strange..

Tiffany - we are seeing the same gynae ! i heard there are liquified multivits.. but they are not as effective. Like Jasmine suggested, maybe u can try to cut the pills?

hi tiffany,

went for my Oscar test yesterday. the blood test really freak me out. hahaha. but went through well. did you get the package with the detail scan? i took the package of the Oscar and Detail scan (which will be done in my 5th month) for $457. something.

now i am so worry with the result. hopefully everything is gonna be fine.

Hi Presto, i was able to cut my multivits, and i end up squeezing the fishoil into my mouth and wash down with milk (eeew).. Now i mix the fishoil into milo and drink it every morn.. i hope the body can absorb as well as swallowing.. Thanks all for your encouragement!
happy.gif
happy.gif

Oh my.. the fish oil is yucky ! u brave.. ! *pat pat on your shoulders* I hate milk though.. force myself to drink 1 cup daily.. though Dr Wong said 2 cups. Hah. Im losing alot of calcium since #1 time.

Fanny - is there a package together with Oscar and Detail Scan at TMC? Thought they seperated?

wow. Tiffany, u r brave in doing that. i rather force myself to swallow it then squeeze it into my mouth. yucks. the smell is super strong.

Presto, yes they have it.they never ask me to get the separate scan, they just ask me to get the package deal which is slightly more cheaper (but i do not know how much cheaper cos this is my #1) and in the same time for me to save time, i said okie lo. hahaha

Hmm... last time #1 i also dun recall they ask me to get this package. This time also dun have.. duhz. let me check how much i paid for both scans last time.. hmm. But i used the FBI/SBI card for the 5% disc.

tiffany, what happens when you are sick? do you also take liquid medicine? previously i couldn't swallow any tablets during my episode of tonsilitis and i had to take liquid antibiotics and paracetemol. Gosh. they were so gross! I really salute you to squeeze out the fish oil. each time i burp after taking DHA, i already feel very gross.

Hi mummies to be

I have the following Philips Avent items to sell. Please pm me or contact me at [email protected] if you are interested.

Philips Avent (Brand New)
1 X 6 piece Breast Shell Set

1 X Moisturising Nipple Cream

10 X Breast Milk Containers 180ml/6oz

The following I am letting go for free. You just need to pay for postage.

Pigeon (Brand New)
2 X Peristaltic Nipple for Wide-neck Bottle Size S

Hi SN, i dont take meds when i'm sick.. I can swallow folic acid - those you buy from Watsons and flu tablets which are the same size. If i run a fever, I will ask for a jab. Anyway I seldom fall ill and i dont take antibiotics too.. In fact, I think taking too much meds decreases your antibodies and make your immunine system weaker (no scientic backup, just my observation)

Hi Fanny, yes, it was 400+ for the OSCAR. I went on Saturday, got the all clear call from ACJ on Tuesday. Then i went to ACJ for followup consultation, i got charged for the 2 tubes of blood and meds which was almost 300 i think

Hi Presto, I drink HL chilled milk
happy.gif
Gynae actually recommended those Mamil or Anmum (powdered type) but I'm used to HL, so a proper dosage is 3 cups a day coz I'm not taking calcium pills.. OMG.. hope my baby will be able to get enough nutrients!

tiffany, wow, you are so healthy! actually i seldom fall ill previously too, maybe just once every 2-3years. but ever since i gave birth to #1, the lack of sleep and all the germs he brings back from childcare centre, caused me to fall ill once every 2 months. I think i will get a flu jab after i give birth to #2.

Hi, pregnant with Child #1
Edd 13 Oct 2013
Gynae:Dr Regina Zuzarte
Hospital: Mt A
Area: Jurong West

Interested in joining any fb chat or any other chat

Hi, Can I join the group too?

Name: Christmas
Child: #3
EDD: 17 Oct 2013
Gynae: Paul Tseng
Hospital: TMC

Hi cayenne...that's nice to know that we share the same edd!
my #1 (boy) was also born 2 weeks earlier...but i'm hoping to last longer than 38weeks
happy.gif

there's a belief that boys are eager to come to the world faster and girls later...dunno how true that is! is ur #1 a girl or boy?

Hi Tiffany, glad that u can still drink milk. I cant stand the taste of the milk and it just wana make me puke so now i am taking calcium supplement. In the same time, my bb seems to be choosy with food. So i am taking some other supplements too. Hopefully bb can absorb it.

shahan, my #1 is a boy too.. not sure abt the belief, but i do noe some mommies their girls came out earlier, and boys later too..

btw, how old is ur #1?

Tiffany - for FBI u get $100 discount on the room rates, if u deliver at tmc, get some discs for oscar, detailed scan and if u want to go for prenatal class at tmc u get discounts too. The savings will be more than the cost of the card, so most will get the FBI card if u delivering at tmc. I got the SBI card this time round too
happy.gif
U can chk out the information counter at the hospital and ask for the benefits before applying.

I also drink fresh milk.. but the max i can drink is only 2 cups.. cant stand the taste of the milk. sigh. I cant take calcium pills cos i have contispation problem, taking calcium pills will worsen it according to the dr.

Hi hi
Qn for those going to TMC or stayed in TMC before. TMC doesn't hv free upgrade policy, so how does it work? Is there a limit of how much upgrade we hv to pay, from our original choice? In case i'm so "lucky" to stay in premier suite, the bills going to be sky high!

Back