(2013/06) June 2013

For my gynae, he will always ask me do i need MC/HL, if yes, how many days/months whenever i visit him. i took 6 weeks of HL for my morning sickness.. i think my gynac will continue giving me HL till i pop lo if i want lo! haha! So mummies, please ask for MC/HL from your gynae. if need to rest, pls rest..

yeah~ i have confirmed my short trip with family before delivery.. im so gonna miss travelling after june!

Hapieger - who's your gynae? Sounds so nice. I only have a max of 60 days for hospitalisation leave which includes 14 days of mc, so I don't dare to take too much so early on..

Your company has no limit for HL?

Dr Adrian..he is quite generous in MC/HL.. yup, me too.. capped at 60 days for HL + 14days of MC.. so i can take about 3.5mths of HL+MC if i want la.. but of cos i dont fully utilise cos it will affect my PB for next year.. (=

mabelths, for the nursing wear @ qoo10, there are feedbacks from the buyers right at the bottom.. u can read their feedbacks before purchasing..

i have bought quite a number of items from qoo10, including baby wears.. so far so good.. of cos must buy from reliable seller based on the feedback given by all the buyers.. have fun qoo10-ing!

mabelths - i know what u mean..jus took letter from gynae on sat so that this mth i can still continue traveeling for work..n i haf some superwomens here too..so even w my #1 there were certain expecatations which i tink its unfair..oh well

hapiger: thanks..i'll see if i have time to look into that..haha..i always plan to but just dead tired when i finally get home

mummync: yea..hopefully work will ease a little for u too! i'm hoping to have a chat with my boss when she returns from her trip

Windy: travel for leisure i would recommend..but def not for work..haha..for me i dont think i have the time to go for personal trip from now until birth..am hoping to stop work travels so if boss finds out i am going for personal trips then i dont think it is nice
sad.gif

so am actually planning a short cruise during ML after delivery..

Kome > My mum was the one who noticed as well.. It's kinda true for me as she pressed down on my skin and it's not "bouncy". I am afraid it will stay too as I am seeing a bit of spider veins appearing on my tigh now..

malbeths > Rest well and don't let them be ur benchmark.. Can understand as I used to work like you but have tried to take things slower now. It's better to be careful and slow down ur pace since we are all at our last lap..

I haven't had a chance to travel since moving back here.. And cannot take leave for holiday now cos not fair to my colleagues as I've been taking mc/HL/ childcare leave almost every week.

But looking forward to flying again after bb is born! Although how I'm going to bring a 3.5 yr old preschooler, 21mth old toddler and a newborn all the way to France alone is another big headache.

Hi all,
Juz feel very disappointed wif my boss. Told me tat HL + MC entitlement is 60days... I goin to faint
Will call HR check tml cos been wrking for almost 2 yrs, very weird..

absentmama
That is a very big challenge for you.

justcactus
Thats good.

Tricia
I just help my company to check on this recently. According to MOM it is true that HL + MC = 60 days.

Tricia,
the HL is inclusive of MC, total 60 days max. Think this is standard govt regulation.. Which is why I didn't dare take too much HL or mc now in case I need it later on in pregnancy

Cactus - where do you stay? This your 4th pregnancy?

Kome - yah, not easy.. Hubby gg for work attachment for a few months.. I've flown long dist with just one toddler while 6 mths pregnant with my no.2.. That one not so bad. But other times when flying my hubby usually around to help and we each take charge of one kid. Now dunno how I will manage 3 children with just 2 hands for the flight. But that's still better than being left in Sg alone with 3 kids. At least once we reach Paris my hubby is there.

absentmama, salute u!

by the way, does hospitalization leave and maternity leave includes weekends? 16 weeks ML means if I take leave from june onwards, i need to get back to work in October?

Kome,
I also checked in the MOM website. Anyway, gotta checked wif my HR the AL am I able to utilized it as well. Anyway, am in no condition to wrk even tough I go back it's a no ending daily basis. Left 3 mths to delivered so I juz rest well and get my body ready to pop.

Estaefran - my office has a maternity leave calculator program and according to it the ML is counted as weeks. So yes, if you start taking from June (edd) then you have to report back somewhere in early October. Unless you're clearing annual leaving or taking no pay leave as well, in which case you'll go back to work later.

Which is also why I've been budgeting my HL so carefully
happy.gif
Cos I already know which dates I need to return to work if I start ML early, so I would prefer to begin ML on the day that bb is born and hopefully ask gynae for 1-2wks HL before that to rest and prepare for baby.

Btw my hubby always kao peh that the so-called 1wk paternity leave is just 2 days more than what he normally gets.. They call it "one week" cos it sounds longer than 5 days..

Same for ML - ours fall on a lot of public holidays like national fat and Hari Raya etc but its still counted as part of the week. Quite bo hua

As for HL and MC it is counted in terms of days. So I guess 60 days is equivalent to about 12 weeks or ard 3 months. Once exhausted then I think its considered no-pay leave

Tricia, it depends on how your company calculate the HL. For HL, some companies include all 7 days a week. For my company, they calculate only working days i.e. on Sat which is a half day, they take it as 1 day. Public holidays inclusive as well. The calculation for AL is slightly different. Hope this help.

Whatever it is if body can hang on then take MC or HL wisely but if no choice gotta take it so that BB is delivered safely and our body also can recuperate thereafter... I also do a budget on the days of MC, HL to hang on till bb popped but when things happened juz accept ... Haiz

Absentma,
My boss pressed on me to cleared my antenatal leave after HL exhausted. Gotta check wif HR tml, juz spoke to my hubby via Hp in japan ... Sianz, alone in spore to hang on and our hse on the way in April then Reno etc. Now, on bed rest ;(

Tricia - you have no contractions? Think bb should be fine inside bah. You never know, it can decide to stay in until 40 weeks!
happy.gif
Perhaps yours is more of a physical condition that doesn't allow you to work in the meantime. But bb will be fine.

Actual contractions will feel like tightening of the entire bump and pain radiating in waves from the lower uterus.

Windy: i cant wait to travel after i gv birth too! The hubby still owes me my honeymoon!

Mabel: take it slow and easy! Every pregnancy is different so dont compare yourself to superwomen hehe. I'm pretty worried about how to juggle between work and baby too after ML

Absentmama: wow, that is no easy feat! Salute!

Tricia: Is your hubby coming bk soon? Get him to handle the hse and reno. Better for you to hv more rest!

Similarly, for my company ML includes public holidays and weekends. Wasted the public holidays hehe

Absentma- no contraction juz the physical disturbances tat don allow me to wrk.. Need wheelchair for long distance

May- my hubby wrk on the rig site for some project -dangerous job, no matter wat muz made sure bb ok.Am the one doin the interior design and color matching ... ;( he 's the one paying so muz action action rest in bed do something, luckily he appointed a lawyer to handle the HDB document thingy cos he's concerned if it's too stressed to handle. We didn't even have honeymoon everything chopped chopped come together.

Hi absentmama i now live in norway n this is my third n last pregnancy n its a boy!! I like boys lol...now im really queen of the house lol

Cactus - that's cool! Norway is so beautiful. We're hoping to move to one of the Scandinavian countries in a few year's time.

Is your hubby Norwegian? One of the Singaporean mummies I met in Zurich is married to a Norwegian and she has two boys. They've just relocated to US though.

Are both your boys here with you? Isn't it easier to just give birth in Norway?

Morning mommies. Just came back from my #2 sch for his birthday celebration.

Thinking of going to the mothercare fair later. Don't know is it still worth to go down?

oh wow Norway!!!beautiful! I have a friend from Norway n seeing her pics always awes me!

so ur hubby is wrking there?

hmmm depends on wat u want to buy i tink..anything in particular? coz still haf 15% la..n i heard no more q..been reading their fb updates n they will also update if bundle deals r avail etc..if anything u want in particular maybe can ask on their fb pg..they will normally reply quite quickly...

Noscon
Abit scare of town area. Taka fair the price is comparable with mothercare? Actually I stay in punggol so going to habourfront is more convenient for me but I think a lot of things have already been snatch out. I will consider going to taka fair on thurs.

mummync
Not looking for any particular things. Wanted to go there and see if I still need anything or things that I might left out

kome, mummync
yeah been reading mothercare updates too... seems that the crowd has thinned out, should be much less crowded now...

taka sales shd be very crowded. Theres some bundle offers stated on their website which is what im more interested in...

Vivi
Ya.....I thought so too. But morning during weekday too rush for me as I need to fetch my son at 1pm which means latest by 12pm I have to leave taka. Some more today already took leave for my #2 birthday celebration, might as well today go to the mothercare fair instead.

ya i was tinking wat else i need..but tink nothing to justify me going to taka fair..unless my descaling doesnt work n i need to get steriliser..but then can also get frm MC if still got those bundle deals..see how bah..

Kome - u stay in punggol ah..me too! hehe can hang out during maternity :p which part of punggol?

Hi mummies,
If anyone goin for the taka fair can help me see if Avent newborn starter set is on sales original price is $69.90.

Which milk bottles is better, I'm deciding whether to buy Tommie tippe Cos there's a vented bottle design with a heat sensitive tube- if I buy this then I will one tat it's easier to one the temp is suitable to feed bb. Avent natural flow latest design also gd but muz use the folk method to test out the heat. Another interesting brand is MAM , no need to buy sterilizer cos juz inter swap the teats to fix on the base wif a detachable cap n water microwave sterilized will do.

Saw the above maternity photoshoot post, anyone goin for it ?

any mommies here used tommee toppee sterilizer + warmer? can it fit wide neck bottles eg avent? i saw the bundle set in mothercare fair and wondering is it good or not?

afternoon mummies! back in the office now after gynae appt...so happy gynae say baby is growing fine..but she warn me of contractions..she said my belly was hard during the scan...but the prob is i told her i didnt even notice it
sad.gif

bb is now 735g at 25wks
happy.gif

so she told me must keep monitoring in case of pre-mature contractions...

she told my hubby cannot be so stressed at work and shld go for a relaxing time off..haha..so now hubby planning a short trip to KL during the long weekend...yippee!

mabelths : your checkup is 1 day earlier than mine wor.. i will be going tml. Great to hear bb is growing well.. hope mine is also..

Stomach hard is a sign of contractions? It happens to be when i walk for too much n too long..

Vivi
Paisey to take leave again next week. Coz this thur going to take half day in the morning again for my check up.

Chewie
Thanks for your update. Going with my #1 at around 2+pm than slowly shop. :D Shopping time for me........

Hapieger
I saw that bundle deal also. But scare that bb don't use that bottles as I got The Avent bottles already.

thanks Tricia~

Windy: i guess our appts will usually be very close, i book according to what my sked allows me to as well
happy.gif
so next appt on 28 Mar.

yea, Dr Kang said if hard then must monitor how long it remains hard, and also how frequent it happens..she said they are contractions. While some contractions are normal, if they happen too frequent or with short intervals, she said must see her immed as it may be pre-mature contractions. So she said sometimes when we stress our bodies can cause contractions too

so i must start observing myself more. i was actually surprised when she told me that as i didnt even noticed the contraction...guess i must be too used to tensions around.

i'm quite surprised too as i havent put on any weight from my last mth scan...though i see my belly balloon quite abit...but thankfully baby is growing well and already increased from 472 to 735g in one month!
happy.gif

Back