(2013/05) May 2013

i used the breastfriend pillow for my #1 too! Its a great investment cos feel more comfortable feeding baby that way then having to hold the baby all the time...

Re changing table... same as Fabbie, I just change on my bed
happy.gif

bathing tub, i will just have a chair next to the tub so am not bending over that much

morning ladies...

It's monday and a busy week for me.

Last weekend i think i experienced my first serious braxton hicks. I was having dinner and suddenly i felt my tummy having tightening cramps... Something like menses cramp but it on both sides of the tummy

Hi Good Morning everyone!

It's Monday again but I'm so glad it's a short week! Any plans?

fool4love
Ohhh! Looks like time is near
happy.gif

I bought a playpen that comes with a flip-changing table, so think I won't get the bath unit le.

Any mummies have tried bathing baby during the confinement period? Or better not to touch water?

Morning mummies,

Just an update on my bb weight.
She is now weighing 1.9kg at week 32 as of last sat visit.
Was surprised as 2weeks ago only 1.3kg. Mummy no weight gain. Phew..

Chiro,
I only learn bathing that time when my CL is going to leave. I hands on once only.
So far ok lah. But when u first time sure scared de.

jill
I can't wait for the weekend! Haha. so terrible ya? R u working?

bbkk
My colleague commented that I was 'big' already. I think after 30 weeks we just tend to balloon so much more, dont you think?

pink tulip: does the menses cramp feel-alike sensation equate to contraction / braxton hicks?

Feels quite scary though cos it was painful enough for me to stop talking and just sit there and kept stroking my tummy...

This week is my 34 weeks. 6 more weeks to go. Am telling baby that it's a MAY baby. So must be patient and just grow in my tummy...

bb weight is 1.5kg at week 30.
my mum keep telling me must eat more must eat more!

Can't wait for this week to be over. FY closing, luckily daily operations i got the contract ger to do it, can concentrate do other things.

this weekend will pack baby room and do shopping.

pinktulip - yeah i am looking forward to weekends.. and yes i do work!
happy.gif
I havent washed baby clothes nor pack my bag.. lol gona try do this weekend.

I bath my no 1 on the 2nd day of discharge. i still rem i ve the book infront of mi n hubby beside to assist, after 1 - 2 days, then ok liao. can bath the baby, practise make perfect. :0

JC: u in jap company as well? i have FY closing this month oso... so tired out... everything is rush n rush n rush, checking n checking n checking.

ponktulip: i went back to my parents house for dinner last night, which i do every sunday. bt yesterday my elder bro saw mi after 2 weeks and commented: ur tummy is super huge... --'

bbkk - yeah lor! But I think I'm more nervous about cutting baby nails. So tiny! Your baby weight seems good leh at this stage. =)

fool4love - rest more... are you working? think don't walk too much and take it easy. I also telling baby be guai guai and play in tummy for 2 more months.

I also still got lots of baby stuff to wash, at least few more loads. Our ikea cupboard finally set up le, but the room is still a mess lol.

rejoy : ya Jap company. Now trying to key as much sales as possible. My buddy also smart lah..she extend her ML, so that she come back after Apr to avoid the closing.

i think i sure freak out when bath bb. so fragile but i will try lah. During the stay at hospital, we can request for the nurse to teach or show us.

Thanks Chiro

Just unsure whether it's contraction / braxton hicks. But i guess it's normal to feel it now? Think i 'twisted' my lower right back recently. now it hurts whenever i move too strenously.

Bathing of baby:
So glad that i have a CL to bath the baby. haha! the umbilucal cord feels so fragile. Aiyo. Dunno whether i can manage a not.

MOrning!

bbk now ya appt 2 weeks le.. so good i still have to wait 1 more week to see my gynea sianz..

Chiro: confinement i got bath baby ah. is only hands and arms that are going to be wet only mah.

friday: Holiday? Oh u mean this friday is holiday?! wah.. didn't even work i don't even know when is holiday ZZzz sian i hate holiday.. cus = i need to go back to my in law house again.. sianz.....

fool4love: same! this week 34 le.. 6 more weeks… i only hope i after 2 weeks later i can give birth. cuss i cannot take it lo.. my tummy getting to itch a lot liao.. and i can feel im going to BURST soon.. no space everything so full and tight. and getting more frustrated do u think so?

weather is really good for washing. Wash the curtain and bedsheet over the weekend. Still a bit hesistant to wash so early.

fabbie : u go back your in law very often ah? Last time when we just marry, also go back super often. One week go back so many days but my hubby don't come over to my parents place. Until i so angry and quarrel with him. Now we only set go back 1 day a week.

Officially got 'off' no need to go qing ming this year.

Morning ladies. I am so so looking forward to the Friday holiday. I feel so stress at work, my heart beat very fast when i am so busy at work. Keep telling myself to rest, not to think of it.

BB weight:
I keep looking at my tummy, don't feel that it is growing fast. Not sure if i am paranoid, i keep eating and telling myself must put on weight. Bb is 1.5kg at week 30. what should be the ideal weight ar?

fabbie:

haha! i hope that baby will stay in tummy till 01 May. Still got a lot of work yet to be completed. Just had an internal meeting and my boss specifically instructed me to write down CLEARLY a handover list so that they wont have to bother me during my maternity... Hopefully ba.

My tummy started to itch a bit. but better after applying the stretch mark cream... But my indigestion is REALLY bad. Will feel pukish everytime after i eat a normal meal. Then hungry very soon but feel extremely unwell after that... feels like when i was having morning sickness...

Morning!

Chiro - I also brought a ikea cupboard. hahaha to store all baby stuffs. Finally can start washing.

Today go gynae visit. 34-35 weeks. 2.5KG. Doc said might come out 1-2 weeks earlier so might be end apr. But I am trying hard to remind baby that better come out after Labour Day! Hahahaha

Bed Sheet - Anyone know does all cot sheet mattress is standard size? Planning to buy from US carter as someone is doing a mini spree but no sizing. Only said standard size.

I am looking forward to the loooong wkend too! Last weekend has zoomed by in a flash - my aunty passed away and while I cldnt go for her cremation, I stayed back to accompany my grandma who's quite fragile...stayed till quite late so mentally and physically tired. Hope to catch some rest this weekend.

I also havent start washing bb's clothes/bedding set etc yet. Keep putting it off...scared wash now later closer to delivery not so clean le. Haha. Will probably start washing in another few wks' time. Now just need to finish my shopping - disposable undies, maternity pads (or maybe just use my normal 41cm pads haha), cloth diaper lining, night light, more night gowns (for wearing at home...currently only have 2)...dont know what else I need. Memory really super super bad now...

Hi mummies to be

I have the following items to let go. Please pm me or contact me at [email protected] if you are interested.

Philips Avent (Brand New)
1 X 6 piece Breast Shell Set

1 X Moisturising Nipple Cream

2 X 260ml/9oz classic feeding bottles with 1m+ teat

2 X 125ml/4oz classic feeding bottles with 0m+ teat
1 X 125ml/4oz classic feeding bottles with 0m+ teat

2 X classic bottles nipple 1m+

2 X classic bottles nipple 0m+ (2 sets)
4 X classic bottles nipple 0m+ without box

10 X Breast Milk Containers 180ml/6oz

Pigeon (Brand New)
2 X Peristaltic Nipple for Standard-neck Bottle Size S

2 X Peristaltic Nipple for Wide-neck Bottle Size S

2 X Peristaltic Nipple for Standard-neck Bottle Size M (2 sets)

Pumpin’ Pal (used less than 5 times)
Handsfree Breastpumping Strap

Medela (used less than 5 times)
PersonalFit Breastshield - S (21mm)
PersonalFit Breastshield - M (24mm)

Thank you.

fool4love: I'm feeling the same as u. I'm having very bad heartburn as well. Want my life! =( Dono puke how many times alrdy. keep burp and the gastric juice keep rushing up! =(

Fabbie: I agree with u lo! my tummy like wanna BURST already!!! so tight!! and sit down, he is blocking my rib cage!!! So breathless! Plus the heartburn. really pekcek =( haha.

Min: At week 30, my baby also 1.5kg. Doctor said it's normal weight. slightly bigger eh. He said week 30 about 1.3-1.4kg hahaha!

XuAN:

Ya! me too! i keep burping and the gastric juices are really bad! Hubbs kept looking at me when i slept last night cos i was burping so hard that it sounded like i'm gonna puke any moment. Haha! think he's afraid that I will puke on the bed. :p

Initially i thought drinking juices would help. But read that i should be drinking milk instead cos the alkaline in milk is supposed to neutralise the acide. So trying that remedy

Xuan, your gynae said week 30 about 1.3-1.4kg is average huh? So strange every doc's standards are different. Mine was estimated 1.3kg at 29 weeks then doc said on the light side, ask me to drink more milk. But I got pre-labour risks so not sure is it cos of that.

sleepyskies - I also haven't washed the bedding set, so many things to wash! My hubby also saying so early wash by then not clean liao haha.

I feel the new latex mattress and pillow got a weird smell after taking out from plastic. Now just take out all the covers and air them first.

xuan & Chiro, Yah lor, it seems all gynae have different standards. My gynae says my bb is average weight when 1.5kg at 30 weeks. I just keep eating, scare cos everyone keep saying my tummy looks small. Hubby keep saying cos i am small size thats why and it is first pregnancy, tummy never stretch before so look smaller.

I just finished eating lunch and my tummy is so tight again. Oh yah, i stopped eating the ultrogen already. gynae prescribe me say only when tight then eat. everyday like tight 3 times like that, i try to breath in and out when it happens. I shall observe myself more and see how.

Xuan: you managed to get a IFC already?

fabbie/ xuan: mi too, feel like my tummy already stretched to the max.. sometimes when i sit down, i have to sit straight, cause the bump is pushing my breasts if i don't..

im 34 weeks this week.. next appt is next monday..can't wait..

fool4love
My tummy's itchy too, skin must be stretching bad. More itchy at my belly button area which has protruded in an unsightly manner now
sad.gif

jill
still got time! I think i'll only find time in mid apr to wash all those things. Some muslin swaddles, blankets...everything!

rejoy:

ya! my baby is 2.2kg at week 32. When i went to baby center to check, it says it should be about 1.9kg. But doctor says it's fine cos hubbs and i are both tall.

Washing of stuff:
Hubbs also say not to wash too early. Have only washed some baby clothes (for hospital bag) and that's about it. Awaiting my in-law to do the rest. Haha! lazy me.

Hubbs says let my in-law (aka his mum) do. since she has nothing to do at home. I'm 'collating' the stuff and putting it in a corner for her to wash. :p

Any mommies whose clinic help you book bed for Mount A already and has got a letter and a form to ask you fill up the information again??

Xuan: i got that form already. But my gynae nurse says no need to submit so early. Can submit on that day.

She says "your hubby will have a lot of time to do submission when you are in labor"

hahah

Chiro: ya lo. my gynae said week 30 around 1.3-1.4kg Cause mine 1.5kg he said a bit more than that but it's still very healthy weight.

Min: not yet =( Waiting list. anyway I told my hubby I let her mom try out. If not later say i bu xiao. but if baby keep sick I will have reason to shut my MIL and stop her from bringing to clinic for 1 hr job. Cause my MIL keep saying it's just awhile. and seriously the clinic job is jus opposite my house, i go work le she discreetly sneak out with baby I also dono. So, I said ok i let her bring but once sick I will shut her up with VIRUS n GERMS of the clinic that's why baby will sick. If not you know, those BIG MOUTH aunties not easy to handle. At least, if sick, I got reason to shut them up. bcos of this I almost go into depression lo. quarrel one whole week with my hubby. he also wanna siao alrdy. My tummy since ytd night TIGHTEN until now. eat medicine also like no use...dono is it my baby bad mood or what =(

rejoy28: I believe probably depends on size of mommy also la. that's why different doc give different advice.

jcyp: totally!! especially today!!! I feel like a rock is hanging infront of me...block there leh. cannot breath!!

jill: I also haven't prepare anything. Only plan this weekend wash a little...

jill/ fool4love: some information on the form I don't know what to fill eh. LOL!! so I thinking this sat my appointment i bring go clinic give them see.

Xuan: understand what you mean, but no matter wat, clinic sure gt virus one, it is not good to bring baby to the clinic unless really unnecessary, injection or wat. moreover when you doing cleaning, all the dust flying around. What i dun understand is how she do cleaning with the baby, put the baby somewhere then she do cleaning or wat.

Can understand the pressure that you have, on one part u dun wan to be seem like bu xiao, wan part dun wan the baby to come to any harm, in this u ve to be on the same line wif hubby, if hubby has different ideals, really it is btw both of u to sort it out.

dun get depress, ur baby nod u are in bad mood.... saw a national greo documentary, when mother is upset, the baby wld get upset later, cause it takes time for the emotion to transmit to the baby.

rejoy28: she said her clinic (private) she work there 20+ yrs liao. and the reception counter lady also just gave birth 6months old. The mother sometimes also bring him there. Then my hubby said go infant care also will sick what. She said, the lady will help look out for baby. she will do the cleaning. That's why damn fed up but what can I do. Like I said, it's jus opposite my hse, she can jus sneak go there. ntg I can do. yah. initially hubby think no big deal. Then I point out to him, said ok I give in cos it's their 1st grandchildren. I don wanna harm my son. If anything happen, I will put the responsibility on him n my MIL since he want me to be frank and wants to know my thinking. I told him I wanna do whats best for my son not right meh? Then I said I let her try. cannot he have to agree to either let me put baby in infant care at my office here or I will have to think of a way to ask my mom help. my mom currently tking care of 2 nephews. one age 5 and one age 2+ The younger one Jan going school with the gor gor alrdy. so my mom said can arrange by then to bring give her take care...I have no choice leh rejoy for the moment =( I really depression tt one week. Keep cry...hubby keep say he will support my idea as long as I speak out. So, I say out lo. Dont say I bu xiao. Yah. That's why I like siao lo. keep apologise to my boy, cry in toilet...hubby wanted bring me go see doctor. sigh* Sounds drama but really I can feel the emotion kick in easily...keep feel like crying lo.

Xuan: can fully understand what you mean. Now hormones are all haywire, so emotion is running really high, esp if things that you thinking are not being put across to other people properly and they take it another way. u feel more pek chey.... then slowly u wun even wan to tell them hw u feel.

but think u really ve to calm urself down, or if toking doesn get across, ve to try other means like email or sms... cont, like tt is not good for u.... depression is no joke... take care.. we are here to support you and lend a listening ear...

Xuan : cool down and kan kai yi dian. Think of it this way.. After your ML, only a few more mths to end of year. And you mentioned that your mum can take care of bb nxt year right? your MIL work once a wk, so maybe less than 12 times that she will bring bb there.. or when bb needs to go for injection, check-up, etc, you purposely arrange to be on the day your MIL work so you can take leave to take care of bb instead of letting her bring him to work.

Xuan: it is good that you let out ur frustration and not keep it to urself . I have a fren who also mil give patterns . my fren angry and Intend to put infant care and also place a deposit liao. Later mil give in to her and said she can help . I hope ur problem could be solve .

Sometimes when I am angry, my tummy also get tighten and easily cried too. So try to control control ..

JC: usually weekend need to go my in law house n stay lo. Weekdays I'm staying with my parents place. But I'm quite tired of running here n there.

Fool4love I think we start to itch abit cus our tummy skin is there already lo! Cannot pull Liao!! Haiyoooo I want to eat but I eat le so xinku. I hope to have may baby must then again I hopes my gal can faster come out also hahah

Jcyp same!! My appt also next Monday! April fool day!!

Ah xuan don't feel sad... Anyway u will be in ML for 4 months right? U can stay with ya boy still and tell ya in law say u go work no need to bring baby. So should be okai ba. And yes go infant care also will get sick unless u get a nanny. Guys will never understand woman one cus they everything ITS OK LA. U know like BOCHUP. When we mummies are so paranoid then they will think we siao. Arghz.. 1st grandchild alot of problems one I experience before also but Suan le very fast will pass one. So don't stress everything can be settle
happy.gif
hugs

Fabbie:

ya lo. Think our tummy skin is expanded to the max liao. Now waiting for my belly button to pop out only.

Xuan: dont feel depressed. Think of your baby. Guys usually dont get it cos they think nothing much of it. Gals will tend to dwell on stuff. But i agree with fabbie la. infant care will also get sick. Take care of yourself ba.

Xuan : dun upset...enjoy yr preggy n ML..everything will sort out nicely by than.

My tummy not big leh..till now i just look super full. I before preggy is fat with tummy..than now is tummy harder. I was at JL last weekend asking abt the vitamin to lower cholestrol..the auntie tell me dun eat so much...drink more water to "pump" out the cholestrol -_-

Duno happy or sad..no one give up seat to me..coz they prob think i am fat

Thank you all mommies for the support. My hubby keep force me to voice out then I really buay tahan. Cause he know I called back my mom there to cry about it. Yah! That's why! Man always everything it's okay lah. not a big deal what. But when things happen, then they paranoid. It's my #1 mah. I sure worried...

Vicvic: no eh. she working the Part-time job everyday in the morning. She said just 1 hour. Then I tell hubby okay loh, she bring go loh. but every wednesday she working part time afternoon job at other place also cos all this job she work 20+ yrs liao, she can't bear to leave...And mentioned it's just less than few hrs and my MIL intend to put my boy with neighbor on every Wednesday when she have the afternoon part time job but I dislike the neighbor la, she just feels weird weird & insecure for me. And the house got husky. Not said I don't like dogs - in fact I love dogs too! Just that I worried the dog not used to new faces - like become intruders to them. I don't know about the dog so I just worried. So, I told my hubby every tuesday night he gotta send me home to my mom house and then wednesday night come back fetch us home.

Maternity Leave: Intend to use only 3.5months. Then balance around 10 days slowly use. Like bring baby go injection or check up or sick all those cos I bet my MIL knows about those injection thingy. I think I will really enjoy my ML with my boy loh =( Now already I cannot bear to make the decision le, when he pop out I don't I will even more bu ren xin.

xuan
dun b sad ..
at least ur hub willing to listen
give n take
at least u can say tat u haf tried n it din work out in the end...
mummies here will b willing to listen to ur complaints
happy.gif

hospital admission
I jus fill in to my best knowledge n then fax to mt al...haha and they din say anything

vi: haha. The pre-admission form got so many things to fill up. Name of doctor, name of operation, time and date of operation...Like...duh. How I know. LOL!

Back