(2013/04) April 2013

Ggchua: Drink more water to smoothe your throat. THis is what i did during my no 1. I hope i have a good and understanding boss just like you.

Shirelle: It is depending on each individual. I would go for oscar scan as my hb age is already 38. Hehe.

oricule: you can get those prevent vomit medicine. my gynae prescribed me a medicine to insert from the butt.. but pretty difficult to find. he told me no point to prescribe me those oral pills cause i will still vomit and said that the 'butt' insert will be better. how many weeks is ur baby?

Oscar scan is up to individual. some decided not to, coz even if turn out baby not so healthy *touchwood* also will keep the baby due to religion belief.. for me.. i will go for oscar scan coz in any case, i will be mentally prepared. Some say during oscar scan may have a chance to see the gender of baby, esp boys.

apple, daphne, thanks! I'm really afraid of getting prick, will faint on the spot kind. So the nurse told me I can opt to do the scan and skip the blood test. I'm turning 24 and hb is 27 this year, so I hope it's low risk...

ggchua, should be ok. I'm surviving on honey now
sad.gif
I'm a plain water lover, but I guess my baby doesn't like the taste of it
sad.gif

ggchua, hopes u get well soon! dont worry so much and watch what u eat!! cannot anyhow eat raw or uncooked food cos bacteria could be passed onto the bb

ggchua: during my #1 time, just go to TMC for scanning, no blood test, coz blood test took at clinic le.. i had the earliest slot.. drink plenty of water to make bladder full... so easier to scan.. nurse may shake ur tum tum to move bb around in the position they wan.. depends on whether ur bb is cooperative anot to determine how fast..

Ya, my gynae has scheduled me to go for Oscar on 3 Oct. bt its fully bked so i have to wait long again. My previous time also no appt, walk in. I reached at 8plus am & went bk ard 12pm coz bb nt co operative gota to scan 3 times!

Im keen to see more of bb pics during d scan & d gender too!! ^^

Gghua,
Need to take blood test & do oscar scan. They juz use d ultrasound machine to do d scaning bt it will show more details & they need to measure d length of d neck & etc to cal d risk pf any defects.

gg chua, ribena can. it works when i had my #1 and he loves drinking ribena now. what is the name of the med to insert into butt? cos i am allergic to some med i dunno what i can take.. yesterday was a good day.. today is a bad day!

we must jia you everybody!

gg chua: Ribbera can, since you are weak now. It helps to give you engery.

Shrielle: Regarding the blood test, i forget it is part of oscar scan. Cos i remember i took the blood during my 2nd visit. The blood test to show you are all your health condition, test for HIV, Hep B, Sugar level, and immune system to some deasease.
Oscar scan normally did in ard 16-20 weeks, it check all the baby organ is well developed or not.

ggchua, my bad, by prick, i meant need to draw blood. lol. i'm sooo afraid of needles, will faint at sight
sad.gif
So i guess the scan is enough; will see how the results are for the scan.

Yoz mommies!

Our thread is finally alive today! Hehe...good to see so many discussions going on..

Re: Co-sleep
We co-sleep with our 3.5 yo boy on our king bed lor, but he is such a bad sleeper whole night keep changing position. Hubby so poor thing always kena kicked while I sleep at the other side of the bed. Until recently he buay tahan, rather slp on our sofa!

Shirelle,
Make sure the honey that u drink is pasteurized ok? I was drinking mine until i realized that it was not pasteurized (they dont mention on their packaging one, gotta go their website and check), and my heart nearly stopped when i read that.
sad.gif

ggchua,
I have been surviving on Pocari Sweat cos I really can't stand drinking plain water now..
sad.gif

Re: Oscar
I would still go for my Oscar test, but i rmb the results were just some probabilities/ percentage (based on parent's age etc etc) only, not 100% accurate right? Can't remember liao..

Oricule,
Wah! How i wished I also tender and just rest at home. But with my active and sticky boy at home, I doubt I could get any rest than runing and cleaning his toy mess after him lor.. I gian for the 4-month maternity leave sia..hopefully the govt could really improve on the parenthood package, like maybe to give the fathers 1 month paternity leave, then the fathers have no excuse not to help up esp the night feeding! Haha...

piyo piyo and mummypooh: thanks! i'm scare of blood test. hahaha...

oricule: not sure the name of it. but must get your gynae to prescribe. the pharmacy wont sell if you dont have the prescription.

apple: thank you!

Shirelle: Dun look at the needle and blood, or else you will shock. Haha. I remember last time when they took my blood, is almost 4 tube. :/

rachel, yeah, will do! honey is starting to taste horrible too, gotta find replacement soon
sad.gif
really sad, hopefully can drink honey till MS goes away.

My co-worker's DIL is delivering in these 2 weeks. She said the tummy is so big now, very hard for her to sleep. Wish time passes faster, so won't have to be so xinku!

Speaking of d blood test, d last time round my boy gave me a scare!! He may have thalassaemia, a rare blood disorder.!! Heng after my 2nd blood test, it turned out to be a false alarm. Reali gave me a heart attack!!
sad.gif

mummypooh,
Thalassemia is not that serious la, although it is indeed a blood disorder. I'm a carrier and my hb is not, so need to send my son for the test to determine if he is a carrier like me (*touchwood*). So long the carrier doesn't have any children with another carrier, then the children are perfectly normal. I didn't know I was a carrier until the bllod test too, since there wasn't any discomfort or whatsoever.

wow this thread is running fast n furious!

Mummypooh: hahah same! i have to cover my tummy with a bolster or small pillow so it won't be assaulted...

piyo: your girl still sleeps in the cot, that's good, you get more space that way, heh. how old is she?

ggchua: i also had diarrhea over the weekend! plus all the nausea, not fun... hope you get well soon for your HK trip. on the bright side, it's another week away, you might feel better after you recover from your bout and body gets rehydrated. think of it, it's exciting babymoon! but ya, don't walk so much. do the more sedentary stuff ;)

Sam: mine are also bittersweet relationship. they r moments of love and hugs, and there are moments of "mommy, meimei did this.. and that...!" hahah. but quite fun lah. and amusing to watch at times.

Bbkoh: your last gynae 'violent'?? he's very rough ?? my impression is that male gynaes tend to be gentler than the females actually. aiyoh... then better change.

Shirelle: think it's a more detailed scan where they check the major organs to make sure all is in good order, but, given how forgetful i am these days, i might be wrong :p not much you have to do i guess, it's your gynae's responsibility to explain to you what he or she is doing/scanning while at it. (technically!)

applegal: think hubby age not so crucial for oscar right?? t's more than mommy's age? heheh..

Shirelle: wow i just saw your age... you're a young mama! starting young is good!

oricule: oh so sad, the bit about the mommy terminating cause of the ms.
sad.gif
while i can't imagine how bad it must have been, it is really such a shame to abort a child just like this. how many women would want to be in her shoes, willingly go through all the MS because they want a child so badly
sad.gif

Rachel: your poor hubby... no2 come along, how???

Rachel,

D weird thing is both my hb & i are nt carrier so i duno y d report results become like tis. I was so shocked tat i didn paid for my bills & left in a hurry.

Mummypooh,
Haha dont wry since it's a false alarm.
happy.gif

Yvaine,
Haha, we are trying to 'kick' our boy to sleep in his room. Trying to decorate his room without nailing the walls to make it attractive to the boy lor, else his daddy cham lor.. :p

piyo,
Lucky u! My son started to slp with us since 3 months old!

back from lunch but dun feel good
sad.gif
i bought meiji plain crackers, seems to help!

yvaine, yeah I'm not that young anymore haha! I opted for scan but not the blood test, the thought of it frightens me.

apple, omg, 4 tubes is a LOT! It's hard to draw 1 tube of blood from me. I'm quite scared of the blood test. for #1, I had to do it 3 times because platelets and haemo count is too low. Hope this time will be ok ekekeke.

rachel: a few times we put her to sleep with us.. end up.. we can't sleep well.. coz any moment will receive a flying kick or flying punch on body.. her legs end up on our faces la... head la... so hubby super dun wan to sleep with her.. we place her cot right beside our bed.. so if she wakes up.. she either make noise.. or she will start throwing her bolsters/pillows at our face to wake us up..

piyo,
Haha that happens almost every night to us! Worse, we always kena kick in the face! Imagine the shock (& pain) when we are sound asleep..Everytime we shift him to his cot (also next to our bed), he will wake up and slp with us middle of the night. Zzz...

oh dear, piyo, rachel, my girl has flying legs too! She can roll from 1 side of the bed to another side! during the period of time when she slept with us, I had a lot of blue blacks lol!

Now, she's sleep in our room occasionally on weekends, but on a mattress beside our bed. She's more accustomed to her own bed in her room - with all her princessy soft toys.

hi mummies, i understand from my colleague that oscar is normally done between wk 11 to wk 13. is a combination of scan plus blood test...they will only a probability...so if the probability is high, then can opt to go for amino test..that one will be 90% accurate..

i think there is a more detailed scan which is to be done at week 20..

rachel, we filled her room with princessy stuffs and soft toys, then brain wash her every day by telling her that princesses don't sleep with their mummies and daddies; reward her with her favourite stuffs when she sleeps on her own etc etc. slowly, she got used to sleeping on her own.

Initially she will show the v sad face when we asked her to sleep on her own. Some times she will cry or have nightmares and run to our room in the middle of the night (at the start). Now she's ok to sleep on her own and will go to bed at 10pm.

Tan Hl: the detail scan is done around 5th mth.. detail scan will tell u about the gender and the overall growth...

any mummies did 4D scan for their babies before?? i did for my #1.. is very amazing.. i'm gonna do it again for #2.

Shirelle: oh i think i mis-read... you were 24 when you had your elder girl? i thought you're 24 now! but realised can't be, unless you had your no1 at 18, which is really very early...

Rachel: you plan to start training your boy to sleep independently soon? hope it'll be a success for your hubby's sake! ;) not sure if it'll help, to get him a bed of his own that he's excited about, like in the shape/design of a car of fire engine or something like that. and involve him in the decoration of his own room, so he feels like a big boy...

as for us, we r kind of enjoying the co-sleeping for now. cause hubby n my rationale is that one day they'll grow up, and won't want to sleep with us anymore, so while they still want too, we'll let them. i have to admit also, that i love to watch them as they sleep, and smell them too...hee

i foresee with no3, all 5 of us will be merrily kicking one another left right and centre! but thankfully ours is a king size, and we built a 1.5 foot extension flushed to one side of the wall, so we have essentially 6.5 feet of bed space. we also put a queensize mattress padding on the floor, and sometimes they will sleep on the floor. so i guess, we'll all still squeeze for the time being!

piyo - i didn't... but i've seen 4D images, wow, really quite amazing. but hubby doesn't believe in spending this kind of money. quite ex right? how much more did you have to pay?

Yvaine,
Yes I agree! Our kiddos are growing up and learning to be independant, so sooner or later they would not be wanting us that much. Kinda sad but relieved at the same time. Hubby sometimes tells me very sarcastically, that yes I must cherish the time when our son is young, cos when he is a teenager, he will start to 'hate' my nagging and my overly-concern.. sob sob..

But then with no.2 coming along, we do need the space especially when we need to buy a cot, a small wardrobe for bb items etc. Our son's room has a queen-sized bed, table, wardrobe etc etc, and yet noone is using it le, wasted.

Piyo,
I didn't do 4D scan for my boy back then, because it was like nearly $400?

Second/ Third-Time mommies,
Hb has been telling me, if we didn't give #1 this, then we shouldn't give #2 this as well. For e.g, we didn't do the 4D scan for #1, so #2 better dont, cos we care so much abt our #1's feeling and don't wan him to feel neglected/ not being loved/ competitive to his sibling. What is your take?

Nickname for #2:
Apart from insisting that I'm having another boy, he insists in calling 'it' 'Alamak'! So every night when he says good night, he would say good night alamak! Haha...

yvaine: doing it at TMC is ex.. i did mine at Radlink.. cheaper.. think less than $100.. got to go back check receipt.. it comes with video clips in CD in return..

their lil movements in u warms ur hear... like baby sucking thumbs, opening eyes, etc..

piyo: really?? less than $100?? hmmmm can seriously consider then.... although my hubby will probably go "hmm do we really NEED it?....." but my rationale will be, since it's my last (planned) pregnancy, must enjoy it down to the bits ;) where's Radlink btw?

Rachel: it's true leh, when they become teenagers, sleeping with parents will be soooooo uncool.... my mother also just ocmmented few days ago, baby room has no occupants, our room, all 4 of us squeeze... like a bit wasted... hahaha.. maybe when my two girls are a bit bigger then we'll move them over. for now, just enjoying them on our bed!

nickname: LOL! alamak indeed.... my elder one also just gave the baby a nickname too - "soochee/suchi".... i asked her why this name, she says it's "cute" wor.... then started singing to her little soochee...

hmmm about being 'fair' to all kids... it depends from kid to kid also. some kids may be quite acutely aware and may care but some kids are totally bo chup and quite chin chye. have to see leh

piyo,
If it's less than $100 then I wanna consider le...

yvaine,
How big is the age gap between ur 2 girls? Was there any sibling rivarly/ jealousy back then?

Rachel: one june'08, one nov'10, 4 and turning 2. they r about 29months (or 2.5yrs) apart... you mean when my no2 was born? i have to say it takes about 6 months for the elder child to feel at ease with the younger sibling, and 1 year to enter fully into the role of a big sister (for mine). that time she was only 2+, so definitely would feel it when younger sis came along, so we spent lots of special time with her alone, so she would feel secure. but on and off would still regress... it was about a year later when I knew she fully embraced her role as big sister - when she asked me for another baby... that was to me a clear indicator. cause before that, when i sounded her out about another baby, she'd say don't want. but one year on as big sister she started asking me and started praying for me, haha.

as for now, sure have lah. now meimei can fight with her for toys and attention. but i think at the end of the day they love each other and share a strong sisterly bond, which i'm grateful for. i sure hope they can entertain each other when no3 is born!

piyo: thanks for the link! was that the standard price or a promotion? seems a bit too cheap for a clinic situated at paragon hahaha

ah ... thanks for checking piyo! $150 still not too bad. but have to think a little bit more. that's 1-2 months worth of milk money *grin*

Thks Piyo.. Could we start to make appointment after our first trimester? Hehe...

Yvaine,
Envy envy.. I'm sure your 2 gals love each other very much.
happy.gif
I regret not having #2 earlier, was too scared of the extra commitments and also was chiong-ing for our career. Now that our son is turning 4, the age gap like a bit too big, so hopefully the big gor gor can really take care of himself then help to take care of his sibling when he/she is born.
happy.gif

there are pros and cons of small/bigger age gap. i think with yours, you'll feel more relaxed cause your son is pretty much independent by the time little one is born. and should be able to ease into his big korkor role quite easily compared to a 2 or 3 year-old. it's very endearing to see a big brother 'protect' his little sibling... and i think even more so if it's a little sister, heheh

Back