(2013/02) March 2013

Can't wait for Friday to come .. Can see the little one again! Hope gynae can determine gender by then!

18 weeks now ... Can feel some flutterings as well but I always feel it's my imagination ..

Have been feeling it's harder to sleep recently ...

Hmm maybe I'm one of the earliest who can feel movement. My bb has been kicking me all the time , especially when I change my lying position which he/she doesn't like.

Actually I still prefer to chat here, having hard time reading at the FB cos need to use handphone.

Having mild headache since morning. Feel very irritated. But colleague asked me not to eat panadol.

HJ, you bought if for third trimester use right? It says 'recommended for pregnant woman who have passed their second trimester'.

Ya... here seems to be quieter now.
i prefer here too cos i don want to log in to FB at my mobile during office. haha..
than sometimes outside my FB hangs. haha..

I felt it when i was 3 months that time. but only last week the feeling is more. like just now, i can feel it brushing my skin from one side to another. a bit only la. oh babyyyyyyyy

The massage is from 4mths onwards right? I think home service is much cheaper than it. Haha. And I don't need to travel so far.

If you go there, you use their towels when they put whatever oil on you before massaging. If you do it at home, do they bring the towel, do you have to provide? Will they make your bed oily and sticky?

thanks jeremy papa. Need to have a jab everyday. Doctor say that is the only way to keep baby in. Kind of depressing.

Mummies, any of you experience spotting? Anyone know what to eat to reduce this symptom?

Zhimin, panadol can eat. But can only eat the white one. The normal type. No extra or any other. Only the normal one. But try not to eat too much k
happy.gif

Ya, heard about that also. The normal basic white Panadol. Cannot take those Panadol Cold Flu Max, pain joint relief etc. Haha, cannot remember the names.

Faith: I have been spotting too but have stopped eating utrogestan and ventolin. Doctor say in my case the lower part of placenta sometimes detaches but it usually will reattach back. So cannot lift heavy things send over walk ..

HJ, oh dear.. pls take good care. i do have low placenta last pregnancy too towards 3rd trim. what i do is walk less and i lift my legs up at night. thinking the placenta will move up.. hahah!!

ceres, prenatel massage is from 5th month onwards. im counting down. need massage..

Thanks Mrs Lee .. I'm much better now .. at least the spotting seems to have stabilised. Doc did warn me possibly of low lying placenta in 3rd trimester ... if of which I will need a csec .. but I'm praying hoping placenta moves up and I can have a natural delivery like my #1.

HJ: what is the ventolin for? I have been having spotting. Last saturday, doc say dilte 1cm.
sad.gif
. now need to obey strict bedrest.

Mrs Lee: any advise for me? is there any food to eat to help "bu" my body?

Thanks all for the advice on panadol, today feel much better.

Faith

Do have plenty of bedrest, everything will be fine.

Take care Faith and HJ. I was spotting for 2 months in 1st trimester and have taken lots of progesterone jabs, creams n pills since. Till now (almost 19w) I've not stopped the progesterone pills.
I still have 2 weeks supply dunno whether to continue a not. A bit worried whether I'll start spotting if I stop. But also worried about taking too much and causing side effects e.g. depression etc.

faith, sorry.. did i miss your post. what happen to you? why you dilate???? pls take good care of yourself, walk less. dun carry heavy objects.

neuros, why not seek gynae's advice???

my triple test results is clear! hooray!! and based on previous scan, im expecting another baby girl. hehehe!! can recycle all those nice dresses that my girl cant fit in now. hahah!! low blood count again. sigh~

Hi Ladies,
I went for my detailed scan yesterday. The body measurement of my boy is more than standard 95 percentile. My colleagues advised that i cut down on carbo and sugar intake, otherwise the bb will be too big for natural birth. Also i have an anterior placenta, meaning that i will not feel much of the baby's movement. Sianz... thought i can play with the boy soon.

Faith
Last time when I was young, I remember my god mother sister, she has to lay on the bed for almost 9 months throughout her pregnancy.
She is mostly at bed all the time and she is expecting twins actually – one boy and one girl.
One day, her elder boy came over and tell her mother that mei mei no more already.
Its kind of sad to hear that.

Well.. she gave birth to a healthy boy. So keep the faith going.

Yun
My massage lady use my towel when she came my hse massage
Im also going to baby bellies for massaging when 5.5 mths. Cos its near my office area. Haha..

Blurbabe
wa.. u have your scan liao ah?
haha.. cut down on milo and eat less white rice.
thats what i heard from other mummies last time as per advice by doc.

but most important is bb is healthy
happy.gif

sbb
Rice is not so bad coz i dun fancy rice personally. But i need to cut down on potato and carbonated drinks, which i craved for every day. Really cham le. Ya agree, i heaved a sign of relief when i clear the scan. When's ur scan?

What's triple scan? I only know my next scan is detailed scan.

Belly massage is good? Must find pro leh. I'm a little scare. Get someone to press on my belly? Will it affect my baby?

Blurbabe
My first pregnancy , baby has always exceed the average. But I dont wish to cut diet and Gynae nv say I need to . But all my focus is on protein , iron and impt vitamins. And even up till wk38, my bb already hit 3.6kg. I continue my diet and I had a big baby naturally. This preg I will do the same. I prefer big baby , easier to handle and really nice to carry.

I signed for a trial pre natal for baby bellies as well cos I work at bugis area and it seems convenient. My back is aching so badly today .. sbb where u work?

Neuros I have stopped taking the utrogestan support . Ventolin is to prevent cramps and early labour. I've stopped as well.

Seeing my gynae today instead of tmr .. hope to see gender hopefully. Baby be cooperative! If not Have to wait till detail scan!!

Sunflower,
if it is slightly above average, i am not so worried. But he is on the 95percentile which i think is quite huge. I wonder why my tummy still quite small. heh... I am also anaemic, so have to take food with high iron content. But i must agree big babies are easier to handle and seems more easily satisfied. I wonder why.

Blurbabe
My Gynae nv tell me anything about percentile throughout the pregnancy. Only tell me my bb is big, but there is no need to cut diet. I only get to hear 'percentile' whenever I bring my son for jab and checkup after borned. Just eat all impt food, don't take in too much Carbo. My tummy for first pregnancy is small too. When I was about to deliver, my frens all tot I'm still 6-7mths pregnant. It's gd to have small tummy and big baby cos weight goes to baby and it takes u less effort to slim down. I nv engage massuer cos my tummy was almost gone after I deliver. So don't worry about small tummy. With small tummy, u can walk without pain at last trimester too.

Sunflower,
My gynae also nvr talk abt percentile. But you will see this in your detailed scan report when it compares our baby measurement with the average. I have not seen my gynae yet, but my colleagues told me this was how it is interpreted. So i am trying hard to control my intake of carbo and sugar.

Blurbabe
My scan on the 24th Oct leh.
Was counting down to the days leh. Haha..

Yun
Prenatal massage, I tried before and I don remember they massage so much on your belly cos got bb.
They do slight massage only on that part and will tell you where your baby facing is now.

Its kind of interesting. Mostly they massage is the legs wor. Haha..

thanks mummies. I am praying hard that everything will be alright. Quite depressing to see blood when i visit the toilet.

Anyone of you have constipation? hmm i wonder why so many problem.

Just wish that baby will be healthy. Btw gynae told me that is a princess!!
happy.gif

Faith
My gynae told me prune juice does help for constipation. I din try tho coz bowel movement was much regular after taking the medicine he prescribe for me.

Most gynae are recommending Fish oil, Multi Vits and calcium pills (if you dun take milk) from 2nd Tri onwards.

So many mummies know the gender of the babies already. I am curious of mine too. Coming Tuesday having my 16 week check up, hope I will get to know.

I am taking the pregnancy gold from blackmores, calcium pills n drink the dumex milk for pregnant mums.

My gynae just confirmed again that it is a baby girl yesterday..
I am now 18 wks..

Yun, triple test is replacement of oscar or NT scan. its mainly just blood test instead of scans.
happy.gif

faith, hope everything goes well for you. i too suffer from constipation, sometimes as long as about 4days? den i will tummyache. i will increase water intake and fruits, prune juice def helps.

Gynae checked just now .. 90% girl for me.. but he say need to confirm during detailed scan .. hope he's right! Den I can close shop .. one boy one girl.

Low placenta : doc say got to monitor .. might need c section.. sigh

Ohhhh... So I guess my weight gain is normal. I'm gg for my detailed scan on 25.

Mrs lee and faith, I guess eating more fruits and veg will help relieve constipation cos I always have this prob before pregnancy and after I know that I'm preg, I'll make effort to take more and drink plain water. So far it helps.

Hi mummies,

My voice has returned but the cough is still bad.. Seen
Dr alr. Thanks for those who had asked.

HJ n Faith: Get more rest. My Aunty experienced the same in her first trimester n had jab too. It's been more stabilized now. The dr also said her placenta is low....

Take care mummies... Weather has been very temperamental!

Back