2012 Twins

I have an elder son too. So tats why i dun enforce bm tat much. Cos i did went thru the post natal depression phase with my no 1 for bf. Ended up mummy sad baby sad. Happy mum matters most. Dun ever feel guilty of feeding fm. Others have the luck in bf but tat doesnt make u a lesser quality mum. For me i am an all rounder mum. I have an elder boy to care abt, if giving fm to my twin boys will help me in my time mgmt in caring for all of them in minimal maid help i will do without bm. So if ppl tell me bm is better i will tell them sure...why not u bf for my babies 24/7? I be happy for u to help me tat way.

hi joleen, i totally agree with wat you say
happy.gif
i think staying happy is more impt than insisting on bm...if i have been insistent, i think my gal will give me more problems cos i would not have neglected her & she will feel it.

Joanne,

Dun ever feel bad abt releasin yr frustration once ina while. I break down every few days too, it is not easy carin for twins without help.

N dun ever feel tat u absolutely need to give yr babies bm. Everything needs a balance, if milk supply no gd n keep facing problems wif breasts, no harm switchin to formula, e babies will grow up fine. Even tho i dun hv a prob wif milk supply, i also constantly think of givin up bf jus so i dun need to pump every few hours ncan catch some rest. But if u do plan to continue wif bf, know tat once u get e flow goin n pump regularly, e pain will go away eventually. In e meantime, deal wif e problem areas one by one eg madela purelan cream is v gd for cracked/sore nipples, do warm massage to clear engorgement etc. Like u, i faced so many painful issues like engorgement, blocked ducts, milk blisters etc last mth, i so wanted to give up. But after solvin them one after another, my breasts r 'seasoned' now...

Hi snowy, congratulations to your smooth delivery of healthy twins! ;) My girls are on three hourly feeds too but sometimes they can be erratic and ask for top up feeds an hour after they are fed. How old is your girl?

Joanne, how old is your son? Mine is 24 months. I totally understand how you feel. I didn't carry my son thru the entire pregnancy and he was so distant from me. Now I'm trying to catch up on all the lost time. Don't worry, now is a tough phase for you but it will only get better. We have to keep believing that! Don't blame yourself of much, there's only so much we can do. Frankly, I gave my son full fm after two months of partial bm. He was a singleton born 36+5, consider slight preterm. But he also grew up well! Don't be too upset, if your babies are taking fm well, poo and sleep well, then don't be too stressed w your bm supply. Cos you have to juggle so many things!

When the twins came home, my mom and I tried to feed both at the same time. But end up my son is crying alone in the living room, or sticking to the helper. Now, either my mom or me will be feeding the twins while the other spends time w my son, usually me. We prop the girls on pillows, head to head, and gave them bottles. ;p no choice but it works!

Hi Skyanne.

If i rem correctly, yr twins were born a few days b4 mine n stayed in nicu as well. So u r already proppin them on pillows to feed both tog? I've seen e caucasians doin tat on Discovery but thot my boys r too small for tat. But if can be done, it wil help save some feedin time n i'm definitely keen to try! So u feed them tog but still hv to take turns to burp them rite? Do u put them flat or slightly elevated? On chairs or bed?

Hi pooh, yup... My girls are slightly younger than your boys. We prop them up on the pillow (elevated) on the bed. Then we sit on a Ikea stool to feed both if them. See who finishes first, after both have eaten, we will burp her first. Sometimes if one seem to need a burp in between, the other will have to wait lo. But it helps when both are crying and theres only one free person to take care. ;)

My son is 21 mths old. I also gave fm from 2nd mths onwards n he is growing v well. Now i am 32 wks n cant care for him much n felt his distance too. V heartpain.

Hi Joleen,

Hang in there! It will pass! Your boy will be sticky back to you again... =)

My girls are going for their brain ultrasound today. When they were born, their first ultrasound showed three small cysts in each of them. The PD said its very normal. So today going for review scan. He said usually it will go off. After that will go to PD clinic to take their Hep B jab. Will develop fever ma? Anyone babies with the small cysts too?

hi all mummies,
sorri to interrupt here..
Am selling my new/preloved items, i.e. twins breastfeeding pillow, medela PISA n other nursing related items. Pls PM me if you r keen. thanks.

skyanne,
are u giving ur twins s26 or similac? my gals was on similac from day 1. but 1 switch to s26 at 3 wks old. my gals had constipation for 2-4 days. so no choice had to switch back to similac even thouh more ex since only these 2 brands of FM are vgetarian friendly (no fish oil). You may want to try giving ur bbs some water (mayb 20ml since not recm for bbs below 6mths to take too much water) ) to help them pass motion more easily.
I take domperidone and fenegreek at the same time as advised by lactation consultant. milk ss does increase but not really so tremendously like u described lah. i realise its more dependent on the amt of water i drink. more water=more milk ss. i'm not very disciplined in pumping now. i pump 3 times a day now. when i wake up, during lunch and before bed time. each time pump ard 300ml. to me, as long i giv some bm to my gals, its good enough.

Pooh,
so far my girls quite ok. only fell ill 2-3 times. i feel that only 1 time the caught the virus from other bbs in sch. other times its bcos we brought them out, in and out of aircon so catch a chill. or bcos i sick, spread to them. depending on how you see it, so ppl say go infant care can help build the child's immunity. my sil's kids never go infant care but i think they sick more often than my gals.

Joanne,
i stop sterlizing when my twins turned 6 mths. alternative to sterlizing is to rinse the bottle w hot water. that's what i usually do when in urgent situation where there's not enough bottles or when we are outside. i also had about 20 bottles and abt 10 teats so that i dun hav to worry so much.
About your bbs, did you start a sleeping pattern for your twins? i giv my gals a wipe down ard 7plus so they feel more comfy. i also make the bed room env condusive. switch off lights but still hav a night light. turn on soft music. even if they wake up for feed at night, i dreamfeed them. i.e. feeding them in their sleep. i dun turn on light, dun talk to them when feeding.. this is the proven and tested method taught by Tracy Hogg in her "Secrets of the Baby Whisperer). At night we use gd absorbant diapers. cos if bb feel wet and uncomfortable, they will wake up easily. Nowadays weather so warm, turning on aircon for a while actually make the bbs sleep better. but i make it a point to swtich off aft 2-3 hrs and just let the fan circulate the cold air.

Hi beautifulseeds.

Should i want to cut down or stop bf, how do i manage my breasts? Do i jus stop pumping? Wont that result in engorgement n cause a lot of pain?

And why do u prefef fm wif no fish oil? Any reason tat u dun use mamil gold which i heard is most similar to bm in terms of consistency?

Hi pooh,
Bcos we r vegetarian, bbs follow us so not letting them take fish oil. The DHA in Similac is not derived frm fish oil.. for FM, really depends on pd recm & preference of parents. I think sg's FM r of certain std, shldn't b a prob.. pd advice is as long bb is ok w one brand of FM, dun need to change
happy.gif

Hi beautifulseeds,

I give Enfalac to my girls. For newborn formula, there's no fish oil. I think when its 6 months formula, there is. So for my son, we switched to Gain IQ when the formula started to have fish oil.

My son had constipation last time when I gave Similac. I think diff kids really different.

May I know how do you all "train" your breasts, for e.g., to give 300ml three times a day? Or is it because one pump last time at home you already get 300ml thats why when you return to work, still can maintain 300ml?

We try to dilute the milk with lesser milk powder. Hopefully it will work for them. Probably will be giving them water soon.

Hi Pooh,

I read that you have to cut down on your pumping gradually, cannot stop immediately. Like from tree hourly to four hourly then to five hourly, etc.

Haha... Does building up supply works that way too? Its getting tough trying to pump three hourly religiously now that the girls are bigger.

Pooh,
sorry missed ur earlier qn. wat i did was to drag the duration in betw pumps. yes, like wat skyanne says, from 4 hrly increase to 5hrly, and so on. naturally when demand is low, supply will also become low.. if i feel full or lumpy breast, i'll use hand express let the milk flow out then swithc to breast pump. cannot just stop suddenly, engorgement very painful. unless u intend to stop bf totally, then hav to ask dr to give one medication that can stop milk ss.

skyanne,
building supply works the reverse. need to pump more regularly.. we know it but we dun hav the time. so perhaps u can try taking more fluid to boost milk ss.
i was pumping 4-5 times a day, each time pump 20mins can get 300ml. but i took quite some time to reach 300ml, it doesnt happen overnight. after i go back to work, ss dropped
sad.gif

Hi skyanne n beautifulseeds.

Ok so i'm on e rite track. I used to pump 3 hourly, but hv since dragged to 4-5 hourly cos really too siong to do 3 hourly, esp at nite. Plus all e washin n sterilisin.

I'm ina dilemma. Like beautifulseeds, i can manage 300ml every 5 hourly by pumpin 20mins each time. It makes sense to continue givin my boys full bm since i hv supply. But stimes, really feel like givin up so i hv more time to rest in between their feeds. Cos they dun always sleep after each 3 hourly feed, so rest time can stimes b only 30 mins or less if u take into account burpin time as well - n my boys need to burp for q some time cos they always feel v uncomfortable after feeds, either cos if gas or reflux. V heartache to see them grimace in pain n discomfort tryin to expel air, stimes they r awaken in their sleep bcos of this
sad.gif

Skyanne, how much r u geedin yr girls now? We r v cautious abt increasing their qty cos of this gas prob tat they hv. My elder boy now takin 90ml while younger boy 80ml, wonderin if suff...

Dear all
Thks for ur advise and lend me listen ear..;)
Hi Skyanne
My boy is nine yrs old who can help in taking care his twina sibling abit but i worry abt his schoolwork as hv no time for him..;( but is a gd idea to feed them together fr pillow instead of carry them..;)

Hv recover fr fever but my milk supply drop alot after this incidence.. So sad n wonder can i start build up the supply abit more or not myself..;(

Hi gals
I am really curious how u gals got the time to pump deligently when we r suppose to rest more when bbies sleep in day time since doing night feed? Anyone can advise wht time u bath n wipe ur bbies?

Btw, i try call up one agency n they say maid r not suppose to cook and do hsework at my mum place though bbies r there so she will just look after bbies.. Isnt it so easy for maid? Anyone can advise whether ur agency will be more flexible in allowing maid to do hsework at another location where bbies r? If yes, can i hv the contact num of this agency? Btw, am looking for filipino maid.. I am desperate now as left only 9wks n will be back to work.. Hope is in time.. Thk u all...
Everyday so busy n fast till i lost track what day is today?
My twins still wakeup every 3 hrly even at night.. Zzzz
Hv try aircon, feed more before sleep etc but just cant lenghten the feeding request. Any advise? Btw, just curious

Hi pooh, my girls are now taking 80ml. But they are smart, if its insufficient for that feed, they will ask for more in one hour's time. Sometimes this top up feed of 30ml can go on for three hours - three times We are not increasing to 90ml for the time being. Cos they usually can go back to sleep after 80m. PD said their weight gain is good, so I guess the feeding instincts are right. Are your babis having more alert time now? Mine are still EAT, SLEEP. Just that more smiles and eyes looking around when awake for milk. We are so envious of your milk supply but you also have your woes. BF is really not easy...

beautifulseeds, how long did you take to reach 300ml? You all are my motivation to tell me its possible!

Hi Joanne, are you saying that the engorgement fever will cause our milk supply to drop? I experienced it in my first month of pumping. Cant really recall if it has caused my milk supply to drop, but only after that gradually I see slow increament.

I totally understand how you feel. So many ongoing things happening at home and I also lose track of time. Today is the 16th of August, Thursday! =)

Ive a maid to do housework and my mom helps me with taking care of the twins. My son goes to childcare. But these plans are good when nothing goes wrong, but its tough. When my son falls sick, everything goes haywire. Am very worried if my mom can cope with the chaos at home when I go back to work.

beautiful seeds, which IFC did you put your kids with? Are they on semi solids already? They will prepare vegetarian for your babies? Hows the food arrangement?

Hi Twins mummies !
I too face the sad choice of providing BMilk to my twins & resting enough.
My boy was on very timely 3hrly feeds (meaning 15mins before 3hrs mark he will fuss already) my girl has colic & spit ups. So imagine i had to toggle btw pumping milk, taking care of either twins, same time being middle-woman for mil & my mum & also no time to rest.

In the end i chose to wean off BMilk at around 2-3mths ++
I would have like to continue providing BMilk but I wanted to keep my sanity. Also being a mother does not solely means providing BMilk. Being a good mother encompass so much more.

So weigh your pros & cons & stick by your decision! Jia You !! only after by twins turned 1year old then things started to calm down.

skyanne,
i put them at My First Skool cos i like the env best among the 3 i could choose from. The place is clean, organised and lots of space for bbs to crawl or walk. I visited 3 centres near my hm at least twice to look at the env and speak to principal/teachers before deciding. I'm very comfy with the teacher in charge of my gals. she's very merticulous, caring and experience. She also ensures that bad habits are not cultivated and transfered hm. She dun rock my bbs, let them fall asleep on their own without giving pacifier. My First Skool, also has this primary/secondary care giver system. A teacher (primary care giver) will b assigned to each bb so that the bb will be taken care by someone who knows the bb well. if primary care giver on leave, the secondary care giver takes over. Go visit the IFCs and speak to teachers. You can ask to tour the place as well. However, My First Skool only allow us to go into the infant care area on Sat where there r no/few bbs. It's for hygiene and security reasons.
i've started them on solid. they have been eating cereal for past 2 wks. this week, i've started giving porridge and today mashed potato. As i'm currently taking a break from work, i usually cook at hm and br to sch ard 10am. My First Skool doesn't provide veg options
sad.gif
But my gals teacher just advised us to talk to principal if the kitchen can scoop up some porridge before adding in the meat. That's my fren's IFC/CC does for her 2 kids.

Hi beautifulseeds.

I'll also b puttin my boys in My First Skool when my maternity leave ends. Altho stds at diff schools may b diff, hope e entire chain is generally good n reliable. Like u, i was attracted to e hygiene std at e school, e place looked v neat n clean when we visited n i like e fact tat they make anyone who enters e facility wash their hands first. Hope e teachers at e outlet i enrolled e boys in r as gd as yours.

I forgot to ask them - besides feeding e babies, do they bathe e babies once at e school? Also, do they stimulate e babies during 'playtime'? Babies absorb most ine first 9 mths n i'd really like an envt which provides e nec stimulation to them. It was rather rush when we looked for a place n proximity was one of our keh criteria, i kinda overlooked other areas. Wat is a typical day's prog/activity at MyFirst School?

Hi skyanne
As i use cabbage to reduce engorgement n i understand tt
Cabbage will stop milk fr coming so if pp want to stop bf, they will use cabbage and to prevent painful engorgement too..;)

Hi beautifulseeds and pooh
How much is the monthly charges for my first sckool?

Hi beautifulseeds
Where u get the receipe on what to prepare for ur bbies? Btw, u start ur bbies solid food at how many mth?

Hi gals
I am in delimma now on the caring of my bbies after my maternity leave.. My mum keep asks me to let my mil take care another bb while she take care only one..as she worries she cant cope..;( due to hv not get a gd maid who can help yet.. Does anyone here use maid to take care bbies and during wkdays, maid follow bbies to mum place? As maid r not suppose to do housework in another household so cooking and general housekeeping got to take care by my mum?? Actually my thinking is want my mum try to take care bbies while left housework to maid.. So how can i do so?
Some say pay a nominal fee xtra fr 20-50 per mth to maid to help in the housework n cooking.. But shd this be bought up before hire her to check whether is it agreeable or i shd not bring this up infront of the agency and shd bring this up
Only after hire her? Isnt it abit late if to inform later? Sigh, can anyone share with me their experience? Really hate this government who didnt do much to help us n yet keep asks us to give birth only.. I really dun wish to separate my bbies n yet not sure n stress on wht to do now.. Or shd i put them in infant care which r not cheap too..

Hi Joanne, hope u r doing well.

I'm expecting twins at 33 weeks currently, my #1 (go to full time cc now after i deliver #2) and #2 were taken care by maid at my in laws house, in laws just keep an eye n sometimes play with kids. I think it's ok for maid to do really simple housework like sweeping floor n washing dishes, especially my mil will cook dinner for me, hubby n maid too. I told my maids thay hv to help out because they cannot expect mil to work for them. Mil also say maid quite free at her house. Its the maid mentality, partly also agency who give maid such mentality, so far my maids are ok. each time I get lousy maid, I will change since it's normally mentality problem that cannot be taught.

Ladies, jus brought my boys to e PD today for their 2nd hep B jabs. V happy tat elder boy has reached 3.6kg n younger boy 3.2kg - all e feeds hv not gone to waste, yeah...
happy.gif

Skyanne - How do u schedule yr roster for yr maid to ensure tat she gets suff rest too? Does she help u wif babies n diaper changes? M considerin gettin a maid but want to b sure tat we can b fair to her while at e same time ensure she has suff work to keep her busy.

How abt other mummies wif maids/helpwrs, how do u schedule her so tat she gets suff rest?

Hi Joanne,

Not sure if this is true, but my mum who is a babysitter told me that it's better not to separate e twins as they shd be trained to have similar routine and practises.

Before i hired my maid, our plan was just like urs, sending bb and maid to mil place. We actu brought up to e agency before we signed e contract, but just like ur agency, we were told e same thing. So after my delivery, due to change in hubby's job nature, we asked my mil to come over our place instead of send bb over as its also easier and not too tiring for e bb. So in this case, not only my mil can share e load of taking care bb, our maid can also do e housework in OUR place. Does ur mum or mil able to go over ur place or even stay with u?

Hi Pooh.

We were taught by friends to plan a schedule for maid before she came, and hubby actu drafted one. But after my confinement lady left, we found that taking care of bb is more time-consuming than we expected, its hard for one or in this case e maid to follow e schedule and yet attend to bb's random needs. Esp after i have taken care of bb with my maid during e 4 mths leave (1st mth confinement i was mainly resting), I know how hard to take care of bb and yet handle e housework, my maid even fell sick once in e 2nd mth, that was when we realised how difficult to take care of bb alone with just hubby and myself, so from then we decided that bb is main priority, housework is secondary, so we decided to do away with e schedule.

But lucky for us, my maid so far is quite well-behaved and spontaneous, as now we more or less know my twins routine, she will do housework when bb are sleeping without us reminding her. She used to wake up v early like 6 am to mop floor everyday, but later i myself found that was too tiring and also, as a small family with only 3 adults, i dont see e need to mop floor everyday. So now i told my maid to mop floor every alt day, and instead of waking up early to mop, she herself worked out a schedule to mop at night when my twins sleep after 8 pm. And during daytime like after lunch, other than laundry, we just ask her to stay with bb, if bb are sleeping, she can also get some rest.

Sharing something my agency told us, "dont depend on e maid to solve things for u, they can just help"...=)

Hi Shiko
Ya, now my mum has been coming over everyday to my place so tt she can cook for us but i feel bad as is very tiring for her to walk 10min to n from our place daily .. Oso my dad has to walk to my place every night just for a meal too.. Hence, i think my mum will feel more comfy to stay at her place to cook.. Just discuss with my mum n she dun mind even if the maid no do housework but must do the cooking as she needs to eat too.. Is cooking in another household ok since we will go over there to eat too? Thk u..

Btw, how u make sure ur bbies sleep at 8pm? I cannot decide their schedule as sometime they dun sleep at evening time ;(

Thks winky for ur advise, if she goes to my mum place, i dun expect her to do any housework at my plave on wkdays..

Hi gals
Wht time u all usually wipe ir bbies so tt they know is zzzzz time? My bbies sometime can be fussy the whole night till both me n hb r drain out..;(

Hi shiko.

So how does it work - both yr babies r taken care of by u n maid both day n nite? Do u both take turns i.e. for one feed, u will feed n chnge diapers for both babies, for e next, yr maid will feed n change diapers for both babies?

Hi Joanne,
for e cooking at ur mum place, i think shd be ok but its better to double check with ur agency if u wanna play safe.

Both my babies will sleep after evening feed, and can last longer than their day nap. We didnt really train them, we just found out that from 3rd mth onwards =P Since then we follow a standard routine, bath them first before e evening feed, then after e feeding, they'll zzz le..till now, they'll still wake up once for night feeding but we tot that is much better than 1st 2 mth feeding every 3 hours..>.< But do note that dont let them zzz too long before e evening feed..haha

Hi Pooh
Before i go back to work, daytime twins are taken care by both maid and me, then night time we took care of 1 bb each. We never leave both bb to her alone cos we know that if we can't do it ourselves, how can we expect her to do it. Every night 1 baby will zzz with us and my hubby and i take turn to feed that baby who is sleeping with us while maid just focus on feeding the one sleeping with her..it actually lighten both our and maid's load to handle 2 bb at same time..=)

Hi all,

Anyone had experience with milk blisters? How to deal with it and prevent it?

Hi pooh,

Are your boys having alert time after waking up already? Mine are still having a Eat, Sleep schedule.

Hi skyanne.

If it's transparent blisters ie clear bubbles - jus need to apply nipple cream like madela purelan n they will go away after repeated pumping. Alternatively, get bb to latch on, e suckin v effective in clearing blisters quickly.

If e blister is white in colour ie milk inside - may need to burst wif sterile needle. Best to consult LC for such casez for assistance.

Blisters usually caused by too high a pumping strength, so u may want reduce e strength of yr pump.

My elder boy has some activity/ play time now after feed but my younger boy is still on eat/sleep schedule..

I see... Mine is white blister. Will it go away by itself? Sigh...
Have you started tummy time? When is it a good time to start tummy time?
Any books to recommend for twins and preemies? I feel that Im so lack of knowledge!

Hi skyanne
What is tummy time?

Hi shiko
So nice tt ur bbies r adapting well to ur schedule.. Hope my bbies can adapt n sleep thru the nights soon before i go back to work..

Skyanne

Why not u try nipple cream first? If it doesnt go away, try gettin bb to suck. If all these fail, then get a LC to go yr place to burst it wif needle... All this time rem to lower e power of yr pump.

I hv a book on twins but brought in fm overseas. Actually u can find a lot of knowledge n answers on e internet, no need to buy.

No hv not started tummy time or other physical activity other than try trackin bbs' eye movement.

Hi Pooh,

It seems to be slowly recovering. You are right, the power level is important. ;p Now I take note of it to prevent it from causing pain.

Joanne,

Tummy time means the babies lie on their tummies. It helps train their necks, I think. =)

hi all,

interesting to see mummies here discussing about playtime and sleeping time while some of us are still baking in process (babies in tummies). Finally reaching week 34 for me and hanging on.

I have fixed a routine since newborn for my no 1. I will do a wipedown at 630pm and will dim lights and switch on classical music and aircon for my no 1 to wind down to sleep. Since then he has been sleeping from 730pm onwards from 2nd month till 13mths old. Nowadays at 21mths, he then starts to delay his sleep pattern but i make sure he still sleeps by 9.30pm latest.

I introduced tummy time to my no 1 when he was just 3mths old. Tummy time helps to strengthen the babies'necks but only limit not more than a few minutes as its very exhausting for them. Once you see they can try to toggle their wobbly heads up by themselves means they are ready and can at least flip to one side by themselves.

Usually restrict minimal waking activity to only a few mins a day. If you need more ideas, do feel free to go to the library to borrow or buy online the book, "tracy hogg's baby whisperer". This is an excellent book even for premature babies or twins.

in my opinion, also never separate the twins. The bond is there since conception why separate them. I never like the idea of separating my kids. Its not healthy and in times to come, the kids will behave differently and become closer to either sides as they lived with different family backgrounds and habits.

also...not all kids sleep thru the nights. Babies depend solely on milk. It is all they eat to grow so in my opinion also, i dun see a prob to wake up to just feed them milk. Its part and parcel being a mother to have lack of sleep.

Do appreciate that they drink milk now even at night. I have my problems when my no 1 was on milk strike and food strike after a few months later and i was literally desperate to feed him at wee hours to fatten him up.Plus do remember babies and kids dun drink milk forever and milk is good for them, so if mummy me not enuf beauty rest for 1-2 yrs, i think its ok that as long as babies and toddlers are eating and drinking well, i will willingly forgo my sleep.

Hi
I separate my twins btw my mum &amp; mil to take care over the weekdays. This maintains sanity for both sides. I would wish to keep them together but sometimes situations does not permits it to. but 1 thing different is i will rotate them btw my mum n mil 1 week at each side. Now they are 1yr+ both sides grandparents they are familiar with them.

Thk u skyanne for uradvise ontummy time..;)

Hi joleen
Well said.. Agree with u but i oso worry lack of sleep will easily get us to be too heaty n fall sick.. We cant afford to fall sick definitely as a mother of twins else how to take care them? Btw, bbies sleep pattern oways changing, how u ensure u wipe them oways at 6:30pm? U purposely wake them up even when they r sleeping? So they sleep thru the night after wind down at 6:30? I oso wish to pu them together always as a sibling but wonder how tt can be possible with my mum n maid who need to take care my 3 kids.. Somemore elder one need coaching hmwork fr my mum and he is going to psle in another 2 yrs time n hmwork getting more n more tough.. My hb say no choice put infant care.. Wonder whts the charges of infant care now after subsidy?? Me comtemplating shd i quit my job? Also wonder will co allow me work only half a day then get half a pay for only first 2 years?? Gals, how urs arrangement on taking care ur twins? Really a happy headache for me..

Hi Jj
Tts wht suggest by my mum too.. But hb dun want as age catch up with my mil...oso, i think we will miss them if go inlaw hse as wun be seeing them till wkend since they stay abit far...

Hi Joanne,

Yup... Its a happy headache. Im also worried about how my mom is going to cope when I return to work. Currently, the maid is only in charge of housework. My mom does the cooking. My son goes to MFS childcare. However, he falls sick often - coughing and runny nose. We try to keep him at home to let him recover well. But it might be tough when I return to work. Joanne, you think your mom and maid cannot cope ah? Im also mom and maid wor... Somemore your son is bigger and more matured. Mine is at terrible twos...

Hi sky
As like ur maid, my maid oso does mainly hsework now n i feel uneasy tt she do all hsework n already perspire n dirty, how can she carries our bbies? Sigh.. My boy has lots of hmwork which my mum need to do the coaching so also need time spend on him..somemore his psle coming in 2 yrs, really dun wish my bbies will affect his schoolwork due to my mum has no time for him.. How huh? How many wks more r u going back to work? Me another 8 more wks.. Time flies.. Hv u start let ur maid touch ur bbies? I will start later when their head is more stable n can standup then i not so worry she hurt their neck..how abt u? When start training? I still delimma shd i change my maid as she already pickup my mun cooking so abit wasted if train again.. Really headache ah!!

Jo - I also cried (during confinement) when my hb suggested that arrangement. I didn't want to be separated from my kids. But then reality set in &amp; that was the best arrangement at that moment. I should be considered lucky that both sides agree to help take care, over night somemore.

I stayed with my mum cos 1 bb was there while my hb will visit the other twin at my mil. This arrangement lasted till they were about 11mths thereafter I hired maid to help out my mum cos she was alone. whereas my mil had many pple in the house to see over the bb there.

Must weigh the pro &amp; cons of each arrangements &amp; go with the one that best suit the family needs. IFC was out of the question for us cos of the high cost. 1 bb is already like $700 for fees alone. with 2 that means $1400 fees only excld the misc cost.

Hi Joanne,

Ive 54 days to go.
Ya, the whole day she only bathes in the morning and at night before she sleeps. Can imagine.

My colleague suggested to use nappy cloth to cover the body before carrying, which is what we do sometimes. But to ask the maid to do it, dont think so ba.

I dont think we are going to ask the maid to take care of the babies. She's quite blur, we are not confident about it.=(

So its my mom and two babies while my son goes childcare. Sad hor...

Its tough for you cos your son needs to focus on studies now, the foundation to PSLE. Hence its stressful for you.

skyanne,
i only hit 300ml per 20mins expressing at the 2mths mark where my twins started gg to IFC and hav more time/rest myself. but i returned to work another 2 weeks later. i also realised i had more milk when i take Anmum milk powder. Recently milk supply dropped due to flu. the flu med decrease milk cos i think it dehydrates my body. But after i drank anmum, milk supply restored.

i've spoken to the principal and the IFC is willing to scoop up the porridge before adding in the fish/chicken. I just need to provide a container. But it really depends if you mean ornot, cos the pot the auntie use to cook is not "pure".

JJ,
i put both twins at IFC. cash forked out per mth for 2 in total is $700 cash. cos when i put $1 into CDA account, govt match $1. That's still quite affordable as compared to hiring a maid as its not just the salary we need to consider. There r other cost like the maid's meal, toiletries, med expenses, etc..

Hi sky
But how ur mum can cope with 2 bbies? I hv no confidence myself when all go out except me and two bbies.. So stressful during the waiting period to wait for my hb or mum come back..

My mum n i oso dun like my maid who is oso blur to touch bbies especially first few mths when their neck still weak but how to cope with 2 bbies alone.. Unless they will be easier to take care fr 4th mths onwards?

Hi Jj
So now ur maid n ur mum are taking care ur 2 bbies? Is it easier to take care now at 11th mth? Is ur maid fr filipine too?

Hi gals
Can u all cope mah to be alone with 2 bbies? If u feeding one and the other wakeup want milk, how? If both keep cry then how??

Hi sisters. Have been a silent reader and learning a lot of things from the sisters here.. I am expecting twins and edd is Jan 2013. Just like to check is 1 steriliser sufficient for the 2 bbs? Need to plan my shopping list now and getting headache.....

Skyanne

U may want to re-think havin yr mum look after two babies herself, it's tough for any 1 person to do tat. I m alone for 1-2 hours while waitin for mil to come to my place, n tat 1-2 hrs can feel like a long long time when both babies cry together or one after another - cos u'll b carrying them one after another tryin to pacify them. It is both physically n emotionally draining.

My two boys r gettin cranky these days, refuse to sleep after feeds n keep wantin to b carried else cry non-stop. Hope yr girls r doin better...

Back