(2012) Ivf/icsi Mommies Support Group

Hi Hazel

Not sure why income is that inflexible. Only hearing test not done right?

You can try to talk to Aviva. Many cpf approved plans will require submission of written pages of the child health booklet( copy) for underwriting.

Insurer usually review the exclusions if you have proof that the child has recovered ( eg last 2 years no respiratory issues) or proof showing no hearing issues. Just need to submit a form for review and the medical documents to review the exclusions.

Sorry, have not been reading the forum , is belle having hernia and what does the dr says? Exclusion will apply to respiratory system, hearing related and maybe hernia in view if recency.

Since the health plans are cpf approved, the medishield will have records on the exclusions. If you switch to another insurer, the new insurer may probe for further info , based on cpf downloaded records.

Hi Tromso

I have low fluid and now better. just drink more water and bed rest.

Dear Tromso

Insurer may impose exclusion on the female generative for 2-3 years post surgery, for fear of relapse. Eg polyps and cysts due to hormonal reasons.

Highly possible that your policy will have an exclusion imposed. Unless, the underwriter make a mistake and approved at standard accidentally or the contract already specifies that pre-existing not covered. Pls check the terms and conditions of the contract.

Find reliable fsc, some of them just want to bring in sales and are not forthcoming at the point of sales. Good to read the terms and condition before signing any application

Chris and hazel, she dun have the strength to turn but u can c she is trying v hard until face turn red. So I hold her butt and push for her. Juz now she flip 180 degrees and want to crawl . Her legs can move but not hand and head can't life up so I hold her tummy and help her . All she does is heehee , ahhhh

wow all the three princesses are growing up fast hehee
happy.gif
chris baby, remember to take video cos they are precious moments.

Hi Meryl,

what is the weight of your baby now huh? did dr loh measure? or take the AC again ? mi happie to hear that your baby is growing well...mi eating durian but dun dare to eat everyday cos scarli later got diabetes leh...yeah so tink better in moderation hehee.. what line u are working in ? from your knowledge, it seem u are an insurance agent hahaa
happy.gif

catherine,

Gd for ellis heehee!!! Mine very lazy she turn to the side only when she sleeping lor..and 1/2 turn not a full turn either. Last round she wanted to turn like elis then both me and hbs busy eating didn't have time to help her and her face turned red..Then she gave up. We went over to help her and she cried instead faintz......

Tough to bath her cos when i turn her to sit down on the bathtub to wash her back she refused to yield and use her legs to push and end up she tummy down and legs up and kicking water like frog style swimming faintz......got to hold her properly lor cos her body very slippery and when she kicked the water splash on my body faintz....

Hi sunbelle

I am not an insurance agent...

Dr loh will measure every visit. Baby is still small for dates , short by 2 weeks plus. Dr loh says I have contractions ..

Chris, clariss is so cute!!! Elis is also pushing her bath pan by her legs. That's y I always give her a quick bath when I m alone.

Meryl, how heavy is yrbb? I brought back the early bb clothes in case u need it. It's all new from uk mother care

Hazel, what's the damage today?

Meryl, belle did hearing test at TMC before discharge but health booklet said redo at parent craft. I nv do n just went to KKH ENT head. Oh, so next 2 yrs no bronchitis I can ask to review n include exclusion! Thanks babe!

Oh, the PD thought belle has hernia coz she saw a bulge at her labia as she was crying badly during normal checkup when we brought her for vacinnation. Referred to see surgeon immediately. But not conclusive n sent bells for X ray n U/S. belle has bad bloating then. But nothing was seen from the u/s except some liquid. Surgeon said the hole is v tiny, since got fluid, but can't be seen n intestine didnt drop out. Was told usually the hole will close off when belle is 6 mths to 12 mths old. (hydrocele). So now, just do an u/s every few mths to monitor. Surgeon nv saw the bulge. Neither the burge appears during u/s also. Surgeon said belle bloatedness is much better, no more pressure so no more fluid thru tiny hole to labia. Like this also must tell FA & will be excluded?

Catherine, crawling not so soon. 7 mths old, sit, 8 mths old, crawl, etc. can be later also but seldom early.

Catherine, 4 digits! Undergarments, shoes n clothes! Wat to do, can't fit into most existing clothes. First pregnancy, lost my elder girl at 5 mths plus, my frame widen from M to L. Now it widen to XL! Some cutting is XXL! (ie size 16!) So if I hv no 2, no more clothes can fit me? V sad

Hazel, you are just 2 mths after delivery, you don't think shape will shrink further?

Hi Meryl, thanks for your insurance advice. Better than my agent's, she just asked me to go ahead upgrade immed after the laproscopy. When I asked if I should wait until there's no occurrence then apply upgrade (i thought higher chance no exclusions) she just replied she's not a dr, cannot advice me
sad.gif
I only found out what you mentioned above, from other agents. So it's 2-3 yrs wait, thanks, noted
happy.gif

Meryl, for your low fluid, may I know if it happens during your second or third trimester? Thanks, I'll drink plenty water and rest more.

I've asked my Income agent to forward info and quotations on newborn hospitalization plan and term insurance but still no news after many days. I think many agents choose to not entertain such policies (unlike life and education, endowment). I'm really not sure how to get quotations without agent's assistance cos info is not online. Really headache...

Tromso, correction, 3 mths. Fats will go away but not body frame. Once bone structure wIdens how to shrink back. I asked Nadia before too if binding can shrink bone structure. She said can't too.

My sil is v skinny. But her lower body (butt) expanded during child birth. So all her bottoms can't wear. Her kids 8 & 6 yrs old now but her butt also nv shrink bk.

Hazel, u dun scare me leh! I scare I can't fit into my power suits. I think this weekend I better b a model and try all my clothes.

Hi Hazel,

not to worry think exercise will help to one to reduce further. I believe in massage that helps one to slim down further with control diet.

Hi Meryln,

how do dr Loh know u got contraction huh? From the ctg huh? hehee your knowledge on insurance products are very good. I hardly go in depth to understand the details unless buying certain products. but usually also too lazy to read all those fine prints. jia you! Are u resting at home now huh?

Hi Tromso,

There is a babyfair next weekend at expo. You might wan to check out of the baby items.

Ladies, mums and babe also having sale but its venue is at Jurong side which is far for me in the east hehee

Catherine, my Suits fr Blum confirmed cannot wear. Dun even need to try. After my elder girl, I changed all my suits. That was 2 yrs ago... Now changed again?!?!

Sunbelle, I think u still didn't get what I meant. Sliming down with exercise n diet means losing the kgs, ie fats. Wide bone structure is not fats at all. A lean n skinny person can hv v broad shoulder. Women hip will confirm widen if go thru natural delivery n that is not reversal, that's why some women prefer to do c section to retain their figure. Anyhow, I lost most of the pregnancy weight already.

One question I have been thinking is how do you know you have painless contraction huh?

Another tin is i have been taking utrogestan 100mg 2 capsules at night accordingly to last time instruction. Then hor suddenly jus now when I m abt to take it again I saw this funny statement " 2 Capsules twice a day(BD) ,Once at night(ON)".

Can you ladies share with me how you read this statement huh? Think tmrw I better call n double check hehee
happy.gif

Hi Hazel,

Think bone structure is difficult cos my mum bone structure also increase after giving birth. Understand what you mean now. Agreed my hips also become wider leh. How about other ladies huh? Really envy those ladies whose figure never change after giving birth. I have a few collegues whom jus dont looks like given birth before leh. Envy.
happy.gif

Hi catherine

Baby is 1.55kg at 32 weeks
happy.gif
Still monitoring, but seems better now
happy.gif

Hi Hazel,

Belle's condition ( suspected hernia, hydrocele?)not diagnosed. Case may not be accepted till the condition is confirmed.

Bronchitis is like normal cough, however consider the icu thingy, some underwriters may impose exclusion on respiratory system. If there is no recurrence for next 1 year or so, can write in for review.

Hi Sunbelle
Dr loh felt the tummy and it is hard. I get cramps and backpain too..

Hi Tromso,

you can read up from the insurer website. Usually newborns ard 2 weeks can buy insurance. Like what Hazel says,Income does not need an agent to service you. If you have any product enquiries, just need to walk into any of their branches and ask.
happy.gif

I have low fluid during 2nd and 3rd trim. Fluid level only gets better this week

Hi Hazel and Meryl, thanks, I'll check the Income website again, dunno why I didn't see the term policy costs for NBs last time...

Meryl, looks like your baby is approaching 2kg, that's a good target right? Hang in there. Thanks for your advice.

Sunbelle, yes, looking forward to the baby fairs and GSS...but I think the popular brands are usually abt 20% off right? I can't recall now. Today at Robinsons, I bought a few baby items 25-30% off, plus 5% cardmembers rebate, felt quite worth it
happy.gif
But the bulk of the purchase will still have to wait till cross into 3rd trimester, will keep radar up for now
happy.gif

Tromso, the income shield plans apply to both adults n NBs,

Meryl, for suspected hernia/ hydrocele, u mean exclusion for now right? Or u mean cant get any h&s policy till belle is 1 yr old? Your bb will fatten up soon n hit 2kg. As for amnotic fluid, rest more n drink more fluid. Now, no stress n eat more weight gaining food! Another 8 wks more n bb will arrive!

Hi Hazel, because Belle's current condition does not have a
Confirmed diagnosis, the application may be postponed till you provide further medical evidence. Dr report ( APS) is required and likely at your expense , for the underwriter to assess the condition

Meryl, actually be it hernia or hearIng, if there r issues, r all considered congenital. If so, Invome current coverage already exclude all congenial issues that occur 2 yrs from policy inception date. Exclude the hernia thing for now can?

Actually, just get a policy with exclusion or wait till 1 yr later? Your advice? If wait, we nv know wat else will come right? Touch wood!

Actually, when I apply for Income shield plans,u application form n declaration was before the bronchitis n suspected hernia thingie. So income only ask for hearing test report.. Keke :p

Hello sunbelle!
Haha learning to cope as usual. Everyday learn something new. So far this week learning how to coax little one to sleep and it took me 3 hrs today! Hah! Think he slept too much in the day oops!
How r u?? Hehe I'm looking at the forum now cuz he's still stirring a little esp w hard mucus in one nostril so he sounds like a little pig when he breathes. After he goes into deep slumber then I will quickly go rest so can be up for next feed.

Anyone went robinsons sale ytd? ;)

Wow seems like thread is busy and moving fast. Nice! Hello everyone - to the new mommies who just joined and I haven't got the chance to say congrats and hullo!

Hazel, yup. Agent requested for it. U want to know which pages is required? I showed my mum the video of Elis turning. My mum said elis is trying v hard but no strength in her buttock. Yup I agree on the hip part. Praying praying I can fit in. No time to go shopping.

Kimmy, bb can sleep a lot. I wish elis can ko like clariss. U have to find the angle for yr prince to b comfy and doze off. For elis, she dun sleep after 6pm wanting to find her daddy and grandma. After 10, she only wants her daddy. Seems that she wants to b hugged and sleep. No way will she find me cos I not fat enough for her to lie on

Catherine, the 4-6 wks development milestones no need ah? Page 2&3 r the one on the details at birth n test done only right?

Hazel, I bought it when elis was like 3 weeks old. That remind me to check if it has been approved. I know her life and endowment policies have been approved. Too bad my h&s is not with aviva if not she is covered for free!

Now I need not worry about her gp bill. All covered by my husband co.

Sunbelle, ya for me my figure also went wider after giving birth to #1. my shoulders expanded etc hips and waist.
So envious of my colleague and frinds who went back the same after they gave birth even slimmer for some! No matter how I tried I couldnt go back the same, or lose that few stubborn kgs.
I just hope i dun gain 21 Kg like my first pregnancy.

Anyone went for Robinson's sale yest?

Mummies, Which steriliser are u all using now? Need to get a new one since my old pigeon has died on me after testing out. the timing all out.

Hi sisters,

jus came bk around 4.45pm for clariss jab. We went at 2.20 to her usual PD for the jab and the nurse told me tat since i've already done hep B 1 & 2 jab then i should be doing 5-in-1 jab. She introduced me to take the rotavirus n pneumococcal jab as well. Cos there's deadline to take ie before 4mths for the 1st jab. So i took it wow very ex le today whole bill comes up to around $330. clariss was given panadol for kids (red syrup) to take once then 6hrs later test her temperature to see if got fever if yes than take another dose. She was given 2 jabs altogether and she cried liao mad. Even after my fil hug her close to him after the jab she was still crying for a while. Then we fed her cos her milk milk time. The clinic assistant told me if 37.5 degree then means fever. huh?????? i remember is 38 mah????? never mind just look out lor. Heard monitor for the 1st 3days if no fever should be fine ???

Any sisters here taken the jab???

Pierced

I'm using pigeon steriliser, the old model cos frenzy passed to me so i didn't buy new one. i missed the robinson sale and isetan pte sale today and tomorrow cos clariss jus had her vaccination today so got to stay home and monitor this 2-3 days. Just pray hard she dun have fever if not i karang kapo dunnoe how...

Angel, Cockcock, Heartbeats and Hope, I am very sorry to postpone the meeting on the last minute as something happened yesterday.

On ytd morning ard 3.30am, I woke up to pee and notice that my urine is dark color. As I am still blur blur, I did not see the color clearly before i flushed. So I went back and try to sleep. I started to have cramps and pain on my right side especially the area at my back. After tossing and turning for awhile, I got out of bed to drink some water. At the same time, I also felt like peeing again, so I decided to use a clean+unused container to collect my urine to see what color it is. To my horror, my urine is RED in color. I quickly rush to wake up my hubby and told him that we had to rush to A&E immediately. On our way to the hospital, I told my hubby I am very very scare that I might lose our baby. Hubby asked me to be positive and dont anyhow think. I cried all the way to TMC.

As it was just ard 4am+, only the resident doctor was available at TMC. The nurse asked me if I want to call Dr Loh down and I said yes. So while waiting for the nurse to call Dr Loh, I handed my urine sample to the nurse and wait for the resident doctor to check on me first. The resident doctor checked on me and I had fever and pain. He also suggested to check my vaginal area to see if the bleeding is from there. Luckily the bleeding is not from my vaginal, which is a relieve otherwise it may mean that I am miscarriaging. So the bleeding is from my kidney or bladder. However, I am still worry about my baby and i asked the resident doctor for an ultrasound scan to make sure that my baby is ok. The resident doctor told me that he cannot perform the ultrasound scan, only a gynea can do it. The resident doctor said since there is no bleeding in the vaginal and the prelimary test showed that there is blood in my urine, so I could be having UTI. The doctor called Dr Loh and told him wat was found. Dr Loh immediately ordered him to give me a super strong antibiotic jab (and v expensive too) and I was admitted for further observation.

Dr Loh came to see me at ard 8am+ and the urine test showed that there is infection and my white blood cell is very high which might lead to miscarriage. In the meantime, my fever and pain had subsided. Still worrying for my baby, I asked Dr Loh for a scan. He said he will do the scan for me at his clinic in the afternoon and also ordered another scan to check if there is any stone in my kidney. He also send my urine sample for culturing for futher checks but the result will only be out a few days later. In the meantime, he ordered me to drink at least 3litres of water and rest.

At ard 3pm+, I was finally wheeled up to Dr Loh's clinic. Initially Dr Loh was serious and he did not turn on the speaker for the heartbeat. My hubby was very worry. Suddenly Dr Loh turn on the speaker and we heard the galloping heartbeats sound of our baby. Dr Loh told us that our baby's heartbeats is good and strong. At the same time, our baby is also moving around. It was as if our baby was also assuring us that he/she is okay. Only at this very moment, that I am relieved and assured that my baby is ok. I had been worrying since 3am+ in the mrng. Phew!!!

Dr Loh told us since baby's heartbeat is good, there is no need to worry. He gave me more antibiotic to take and told me to continue with my current meds. He also want to see the report for the ultrasound scan for my kidney and hopefully to discharge me on thursday if everything is ok.

After that, I went back to my ward to rest. Only then that I remembered that I needed to text Angel to inform her what happened and I cannot attend the gathering on friday. I only managed to sleep after seeing my baby and I also had a splitting headache for crying too much.

I only managed to do the ultrasound scan for my kidney this mrng at ard 9.45am+. At ard 11.15am+, Dr Marianne came to inform me on my report (as Dr Loh is at TFC). The report shows that there is no stone detected and my bladder looks ok but my right kidney is slightly swollen. Dr M explained that this could be due to the pregnancy as my expanding uterus is pressing on my kidney. She said I can be discharged today as there is no stone found and I hv no more fever and pain. However, if I have fever or pain or feel unwell, I have to see Dr Loh immediately.

I was discharged at ard 1pm. After we reached home, Hubby asked me to bathe while he went out to buy lunch for me. After eating my lunch, I fell asleep immediately and just woke up ard 5pm+.

Sorry for the long post as I feel the need to explain what happened. I feel very bad for cancelling the gathering this friday. We are so looking forward to it and suddenly this happened.
sad.gif

hi Kimmy,

i am trying to eat more so as to ensure that enuff nutrition is provided for baby heheee
happy.gif
miss your positive postings hehehehe do take good care of yourself while attending to your prince.
happy.gif

yeah Pierced, i bought 4 in 1 steriliser heheh philip avent brand one cos recommended by lotsa of people ...also since it has a basket can jus throw in breastpump parts to sterilise too......

chris baby : dun worry, clariss is a healthy and strong baby, she will be all right. jus monitor closely for these 2 days heheh
happy.gif

Hi Tromso, i tink the GSS should have some baby deals going on according to my sis in law hehee
happy.gif
yo, happie shopping........

Bbjourney, thank god all is well. As I was reading yr post I had cold sweat. Dun know what to expect. How many weeks r u now?

Chris, Elis is gg for her 2nd mth jab - pneumococcal and rotavirus next thurs. I dun dare to see or hold her. Scare she cry I can't handle leh.. I leave it all to my hubby. Let me know if clariss has fever. I have to prepare myself for it

Babyjourney, when i saw your long post, my heart skipped a beat! Thank God all ended well and just a nasty scare. Rest well and drink plenty water. Dont worry about gathering, we are all more concerned for yours and baby wellbeing, gathering can wait.
happy.gif

Catherine, i am 11wks + now. I still hv blood in my urine. it will take a few days to clear the infection and my urine should return to normal, otherwise i will have to see Dr Loh again.

Bbjourney, don't feel bad about the gathering being rescheduled. Can always arrange again. Now it's most important that you rest well and recover completely ASAP.
happy.gif

Heartbeats, thank you. I will drink at least 3 litres of water everyday now ( if not more). My usual daily intake was ard 2-3 litres. Dont know why still hv UTI.

Angel, thank you. I also want to recover ASAP so that i can meet up with u all again.
happy.gif

I think i will stop Dr Zhao's Antaiyao forthe time being. I intend to call her tomorow to update her and see what to do. I am supposed to see her again this sat but not sure if my hubby will allow me to go out. Now he only wants me to rest in bed or sleep.

Back