(2012/11) Nov 2012

<font face="kristen itc">Hi chia ccp (sengkanggirl) , I've just written to an US website which they didn't state the price. Amazon also got some price quite ok but I'm afraid of the local Vpost shipping unless got ppl wants to share. If it's higher then I might buy from those BP.</font>

barneybaby, cant rem how long it was..but it shows different types of birth , like water birth and using laughing gas...not s horrible s i expected..pretty ok..but u can close ur eyes if u dun wan to see la..

i kind of like combi cos light and reversible..but got peg perego p3 for my no 1 cos its sturdy as a 4WD...so i guess im stuck with that unless i can sell it away...

hi mummies, good morning !

ivy, i collected my DS report last fri. dr woody alrdy said i can choose my csec date 1st or 2nd week of Nov haha. oh abt the mummy's milk he said not necessary to drink also..im not buying anyway. i still hv those sample packs from him wic i still cant finish it yet.

i book 4 bedded for my #1, end up i admitted on vesak day and the next day is mothers' day so all 2 bedded fully booked..end up i dont hv the free upgrade..so it depends on when u admitted to see if u can get the free upgrade, he said he also cannot guarantee this

i discuss w him tt im gg to mt A this time, he say i better re-consider as the parking there is worst..still suggest TMC is good. mayb this time i took 2 bedded, if 1 bedded i scare alone cannot slp lol. furthermore im talkative type likes to chat w my room mate haha

milk bags
charmaine, im using this blue egg for my #1..dunno now the price still same anot ? i rem its the cheapest i can find last time

baby expo fair
quite small scale and the items all the same...i bgt 2 pairs of mittens and 2 pairs of socks only

pinkie, tks for sharing the tips u learn from the class ! i always use continuous circular motion when apply bio-oil..no wonder aft tt i feel quite uncomfortable..i will try to use the upward strokes tonight hehe

Porky, me and hubby also thinking this year dragon year may not have ample 2-bedded so may not go for the free upgrade too. Will probably tell him we will go for 2-bedder straight next visit. Baby gal has beginning to be very active, can feel the fluttering in my tummy very often nowadays! Indeed the baby fair at expo is very small scale. I only went there to sign up for cordlife. Personally thinks that Taka baby fair is much better!

ivy, so u confirm gg for TMC 2 bedded ? my next visit is 17th Aug, will confirm booking w him also. haha, my girl v active too ! now i roughly knw her waking and napping time alrdy..

Porky yes will be taking 2 bedded at TMC. My next visit is on 14 Aug. Wow at least you know her waking time and napping time. Mine is not fi or perhaps I nv go keep track when she kicks.

haha..slowly u will be able to capture her timing
happy.gif
enjoy the kicks and movements, can even record it down..thats wat we miss the most when baby is out

totally agreed ! i only get to sleep thru when my #1 is abt 18mths old...now preg with #2 i still nd to handle an active #1 so cannot really rest much but glad tt my FDW came alrdy
happy.gif

YJZL, Queen Kay - I also prefer storage bottles. Convenient and less hassle, provided you have the fridge space for it. And there's less wastage.
Otherwise, oreodinary suggested milk trays. Think that's a nice alternative too.

then how many storage bottles do we need?

freshly pumped milk cannot be mixed with old milk right? and can the storage bottles be put in the freezer? coz i understand that to keep milk longer, you have to freeze it?

sorry, alot of qns coz newbie.. heehee

In my week 21 now was advised by gynae to lookout for daily movement. But so far only felt occasional bubbles in my tummy no regular movement yet. Is this normal?

any mommies experiencing bad backaches? for my first one, didnt have such problem...but this 2nd one is causing me bad backaches...from lower waist till buttocks...some friends says prob due to epidural from #1, but i dont think so...

any one experiences same backaches? Any gd home remedy?

Regarding car seat, do you ladies get the infant ones or the convertibles? Infant one rear facing can only sit a few months as bb by 5-6 months will know and dont like rear facing? But infant seat very convenient can double as carrier. On the hand, convertibles more worthwhile as can use till quite big. Dilemma~

heartbeats: yeah i aso got the urge to go loo sometime haha esp when walking or taking transport, i reli duno how to react @.@

Dotty. Very soon u will feel ur bb punching n kicking le.
happy.gif

Sometime during night time I will just stare at my tummy when bb starts her nightly exercise.
happy.gif

hi mummies,

how was the shopping experience at taka fair? What are the essential items to buy for a new mum? I already bought the pump and steamer in past fairs. This time around, I was thinking of buying those blanklets, nappy creams, towels, stroller... etc. Is taka fair worth it? Thanks.

Hi priya, if you have those soft wireless bras then I don't think you need to specially buy nursing bra. For my #1 I bought expensive nursing bra from marks n spencer but did not use them in the end cos I found unclipping the front to feed baby very troublesome. Instead, I used a soft bra from spring maternity which was easy to pull down n up.
Breast pads are very useful cos you might leak in between feeds and you don't want to be walking around with a wet top
happy.gif

hi strengthnblessing,

yes, i do get backache. I think it's common for pregnant lady...maybe due to the posture we sit or sleep...especially if you given birth with epidural before.

hi babystone,

the occasional bubbles feeling you got is common. that means baby is having hiccups. the movement of baby varies for diff mother. for first time mum, u may feel the movement later in your pregnancy like 6 mths.

As it's my 3rd pregnancy now, i feel my baby movement at 18 weeks. hope it ans your qns

thanks oreo, have you bought stuff for your baby?
I made a list which I am not sure whether all items are necessary. Could you help me to see? Thanks.

1. Baby nail clippers
2. 3-5 hooded towels
3. 5-7 receiving blankets
4. 1-2 thermal blankets
5. 3-5 soft wash cloths
6. 10-12 extra cloth diapers for burping &amp; other uses
7. Digital Thermomter
8. 3-5 pair of booties/socks (is there free sizes to this?)
9. Alcohol-free wipes (does this come with an expiry date?, should I be getting it later?)
10. 1-2 knit hats
11. 5-7 cotton sleepers or gowns (for myself)
12. diaper bag
13. baby tub
14. bottle brush, nipples
15. baby shower, shampoo &amp; creams (what kind of creams should i get, is it only for nappy rash or others?)
16. cotton balls &amp; cotton swabs
17. nursing bras (how many should i get?, erm, is this free size, or should i wait till my last month to get, since my breasts will continue to grow?)
18. disposable breast pads
19. stroller with bassinet
20. baby brush and comb (is this necessary? since they probably have no teeth and no hair for the first few months?)

Note: Already bought pump, and steamer, and baby cot. The pump and steamer came with a total of 6 bottles.

Thanks alot!!!!!!

imlind: actually i feel kicking/punching earlier but oni these few days feel the tickle / scratching ard bladder area... but i still duno how to tell is kick or punch haha..

hi priya,

my humble comments:
9. alcohol-free wipes: i think can buy later, coz wet wipes may dry up if left unused for too long?
15. creams: i always see ppl use dapolene. I shld be getting dapolene for daily use and desitin for rash.
17. i read somewhere that nursing bras should be bought nearer to delivery date..

how about storage for milk, you may wanna buy that as well?

and btw, whats receiving blankets?? isit the same as swaddle ??

Hi priya, I haven't gotten anything yet. 2nd time round a bit more chill..hahah..also I'm based in hk and will only go back to sg in oct so will only get stuff then.

Your list looks good! For receiving blankets you can consider just using those white cloth nappies since Singapore weather is hot. For creams, I used johnson n Johnson moisturizer after bathing and desitin nappy cream for nappy rash. Bra you can get later. Brush n comb, until now my boy is 3.5 n I've never combed his hair ! U can always get them later.

hi babystone, this ur first baby ? u shd be able to feel stronger and more obvious movements soon
happy.gif
for my #1 i also feel ard 20weeks onwards. but for this #2, baby is v active, punching and punching all the time..can feel the movements from 16weeks onwards lol

hi strengthnblessing, i got super bad backaches ! went to see my gynae last fri and enquire abt this..he say is not due to epi or anything..cos baby is growing rapidly and getting heavier so we experience this and its v common..last check my baby is abt 500g alrdy ! sign..now i cant even bend down to bathe for my #1, hv to get helper to bathe for him everytime

hi priya, wow u got such a detailed list ! i suggest u to get baby nail scissors as its easier to trim their tiny lil fingers. i only switch to nail clipper when my #1 is abt 7mths old. for baby wipes, the expiry is abt 1-2yrs so can actually start to stock up now if the price is cheap. brush u can get ard 4mths when they start teething...i bot a comb but my boy hates to comb his hair wahahaha

YJZL, my #1 is using drapolene. its cheaper for daily use. i bot desitin (blue n purple) to use for diaper rash. calendula cream is v good also for bites or scratches
happy.gif

receiving blankets is those with hoodies..i use nappy cloth for swaddle as my room quite warm

Porky, my bb girl is also kicking very roughly..especially at night and now also i can feel very strong kicking and punching...

Hi mummies who are still looking for brand new Medela pumps, I managed to buy from this person ([email protected]), a mummy posted his thread link on a forum on FB previously. His stocks are limited so have to check for availability.

He is selling Medela Freestyle at $550, PIS at $400 but I managed to negotiate to $500 for Freestyle which includes free delivery to your home. All are brand new sets with local warranty.

But he is a little slow in replying emails at times so u may want to take note. No $$ to be paid upfront, cash on delivery.

jo's, same here ! punching me v hard now..i think hungry....bb girl seems more active ? i dont rem my boy punch me so hard last time lol

Porky, yalor, my boy also never kicks/moved so hard..its very uncomfortable when sitting in front of pc as the tummy is leaning against the table..scared bb will knock herself at table?? lol..

keke... gd to know im in the right place!
went to taka bb fair over the weekend and didn't find it very useful unfortunately. I'm wondering if there is a need to buy stroller and car seat, particularly if it's those use awhile then outgrow kind, not sure if really need.
a friend is giving us a Maxicosi Priori (for 4.5kg onwards) - im inclined to use that, since...newborn don't travel out much, right? (um lol)
OR if u can only get one (stroller vs carseat), which would you choose?
*dilemma*

hi han, i only start to use my stroller when baby is almost 3mths old..but its good if he/she willing to sit/sleep in it..my child actually use the stroller till 2yrs old. now 3yrs old he also wanted to sit stroller. for newborn if dont travel v often then no need to get first. carseat shd be more necessary if u are driving..i got those convertible from baby to 4yrs old. but my boy refuse to buckle up at 2 so we remove it alrdy

Seriously. Even up to this point of time. I feel so surreal whenever my bb kick or punched me.
Gyne said bb punched and kicked more frequently when the mother is happy.
happy.gif

Brand new 2011 Peg Perego switch compact in orange colour, bought during March 2012 Taka baby fair at $799 (with receipt to prove purchase) now selling at $699,interested parties pls sms/whatsapp me at 96679993.

*Current Taka baby fair selling $799 too but limited colours left
*Brand new never use at all before cos baby not born yet, I am due only in Sept
*Reason for selling cos eyeing another stroller

http://us.pegperego.com/babyproducts-catalog/2011/Pliko+Switch+Compact

7324890.jpg

hi dappy and porky,

Yes is my first baby. Just as I was feeling worried suddenly last night and today morning I felt movement. Surprisingly also active during daytime when I briefly sitdown for awhile.

good morning mums! is it true that when mum is happy, the baby kicks more? (maybe that's why my baby kicks more during the weekends!)

Back