(2012/09) Sep 2012

Good day everyone
kao_smile.gif
How's everyone weekend?

Hi Fattybombom,
I got backache too. Last two week, even my neck also ache that it was rather painful even when i just tilt my head but since saturday, my neckache is gone.

Hi Jasmine,
haha.. will whatsapp you once I step out of Dr Chen room.

Hi sunkissprissie,
I've been stocking up ribena. So shiok to drink ribena, the only drink that doesn't give me a weird after taste.

jer: watch the ribena intake on a daily basis
happy.gif
my cousin in law had too much ribena ended up with too high sugar... in moderation :D

Hi Jer, 2 packets a week is really discipline! I need a flavored hot drink with my breakfast every morning to replace my coffee and I have been drinking hot honey…. And I drink another one in the office and another one at night with lemon before going to bed… hope I wun kena sugar problems! Plain hot water is really bland… and I have yet to find anything better to replace the honey yet!

After a week of fever and stuffed nose… I am now having runny nose… this thing just seems to go on and on… sigh…I stopped taking meds le… I figured maybe let it go away on its own when I finally totally stop puking and eat a more balanced diet…

I had a pretty ok weekend… finally managed to take my girl out to watch Lorax on Sunday morning… and bought a twin romper set at H&M after that…. But the day went downhill from then… indigestion all day and finally throwing up dinner last night… v v sian… btw mummies Lorax is a really lovely animation… my girl totally enjoyed every minute of it… haha… so nice to see I finally made her happy in so many weeks…

Jer: wah 2 packets is super controlled!!! i cant eat my pills with plain water, will gag....so will alwaes drink with ribena but i try not to put to much syrup lah...

ya! i also agree Jer is very disciplined.
I have the bottled Ribena syrup .
As and when I feel my mouth bland, I'll make myself a cup or two...haha.

DJ Mama : I asked my gynae about stuffy nose, he said it's normal, so long it's not affecting our sleep. I've also stop taking medications for flu.

ow_mummy : Hello! I have not find out my bb gender yet.

sunkissprissie: hi! how many weeks u r now? i m also having v bad flu! everything all good for me during 1st trimester, but 2nd trimester onwards i have been sick..=(

just out of curiousity for stuffy nose, do you get nose bleeds cuz of that? i find myself waking up to blood on my pillow or suddenly have nose bleed for no apparent reason...

ow_mummy : I'm 16wks now.Did you manage to find out your bb's gender?I started having flu 2+wks ago and nose don't seem to be clearing at all.cough has reduced now though.

Adelynn : I've read that nosebleeds do tend to occur more often during pregnancy.

*quote*
Pregnancy can cause the blood vessels in your nose to expand, and your increased blood supply puts more pressure on those delicate vessels, causing them to rupture more easily. Although it's unpleasant and inconvenient, an occasional minor nosebleed is generally harmless.

You're especially likely to get a nosebleed when you have a cold, sinus infection, or allergies, or when the membranes inside your nose dry out, as they do in cold weather, air-conditioned rooms, airline cabins, and other dry environments. Trauma and certain medical conditions, such as high blood pressure or a clotting disorder, may cause nosebleeds as well.
*unquote*

haha.. i'm not that disciplined la. Just that previously someone told me that too much of ribena is not good. My hubby also very strict this time round because I had a miscarriage late august so he monitor my cold drink and coffee intake, totally no coffee at all. I still indulge in cold fresh soya milk and orange juice almost everyday when hubby is at work but will regret later because of the weird taste that will linger in my mouth. For this pregnancy, my taste bud changed a lot. Many food and drinks that I used to like, now i don't. For example, soft drink and vitasoy, chocolate, ice cream etc. During first tri, I even detested food (maybe due to nausea) to the extend that I asked my hubby is it ok if i dun eat at all.

Adelynn,
I guess because of the hormones, that why nose bleed easily? For me, my gums now bleed easily.

Hi Mommies,
Sorry to interrupt….I have some brand new bumwear prefolds for sale. Never used before.

5 white prefolds (premium)
5 unbleached prefold (newborn)
2 Snappies

Willing to sell them at $30 (exclude postage charges).

Please pm or email me at [email protected] if you are keen to purchase them.

wow, the thread is very lively. hardly i can come into forum as its not convenient to read in office. but i tried my best to read it.

today went for check up but my baby don't want to open legs. haha! sleeping soundly inside my tummy -_-" got to wait a month to find out gender. i lose 1kg, never gain but glad baby grow about 8cm.

ribena:
i always drink it without fail. best with ice water. it make me taste better as i always have those weird taste in mouth after drinking water.

morning sickness:
sad to say that i still have it at night. the most terrible time to struggle on rice.

fatytbombom,
i do get backaches after i wake up from bed. actually its the sleeping position that affect it. i always sleep on my left as our heart can pump well.

i dun have nose bleed but my stuffed nose condition is very bad. Every morning when i wake up and clear my nose, there will be big chunks of blood clogged shit inside....without fail every morning have....

adelynn: i do have slight nose bleed, but only happen once, now is only blood in the mucus/phelgm.
=(
Sunkissprissie: i m 17wks now, did a scan at 15wks, doc say 85% boy=) my flu have been around for quite long , don seem to recover. lotsa phelgm but v dry cough.. gotta let it recover itself..not taking med..

*DJ mama* - congrats on knowing your gender le. I still have no idea mine is didi or meimei.. My ms is quite bad for my pregnancies.. Just tt this time started earlier and ended even ltr cos until now also hanging around during night time ESP. Both times my pimples pop pop pop
sad.gif
so ugly w all e red big pimples all over.. Painful some more lor... Grrrrrr! Almost reaching half way thru e pregnancy le but still haven really get to enjoy it cos of poor appetite & ms.. Heartburn most of e time appear in evening too!

Drinking ribena: I'm also taking ribena to tk w my pills.. I can't tk warm water to swallow them. I will either choke on my pills or the pills "flew" out into e basin! Hahahahahaha lousy me la.. Dnw how to swallow pills! I wonder how to swallow calcium pills too nx time round.. Now only fish oil & iron pills lor... +.+

Sweet stuff: I notice I will get v tempted to tk sweet drinks this time round.. But I try my best not to tk so much else I will tk a cup of water first then sip e sweet ones! Hahaha. Must control!!

Cravings: I until now also no cravings, not much appetite too.. Eat like for e sake of eating.. But I gain almost 4kg so far even thou I lost abt 3kg during early stage.. Hope it's not my body gaining lor...

Nose bleed: hmm I did have nose bleed during my 1st pregnancy fr once.. Now when I brush teeth, I realise my gums bleed v easily.. Think it's due to pregnancy bah..

*ow mommy* - Hello
happy.gif
hmm I actually had throat itchiness n cough n flu last wk.. I took gynae gave me those medicine but after tt I stop when I'm almost recovering. Then I took pi pa GAO. Now if I Hv dry throat I also tk pi pa GAO.. U can try too...

*jojo* - hello
happy.gif
can understand e discomfort u having w ms! Me too can't tk rice unless it's chicken rice or nasi lemak! If plain rice, cfm can't. I will puke.... Jialat lor.. Sometimes eat those fishball mee until sian le.. Tt time first trim eat what vomit what until I now also sick of those food tt I took during those terrible ms times.. See e food like remind me of how bad I was puking! :/

Morning mummies… I felt BB move last nite… at first I tot it was gas or something… but it happened again for another 2 times…. The exact same feeling… lol… and both times when my girls came to hug me and sit on my lap… hahaha… hope mummies will start to feel the first flutters soon! My gynae told me that second time mummies will be able to feel earlier… anytime from 16 weeks onwards… first time mummies shd be from 20 weeks onwards if I am not wrong… 

Yeah… when I had stuffy nose, I had blood in the chunks too… must try to drink more water to ease the heatiness…. And hot honey lemon helps… the lemon also helps with the nausea… and for me, because of my puking, half the time I am running on empty… the warm honey calms my nerves and makes me feel less empty inside…

Jojo… bb so notti dun wanna show gender… haha… hope your next appt can see liaoz~! Dinner time I also struggling still… I just drink soup… not really keen on rice yet… hope it will go away soon for all of us!

Princessxiaomei, your symptoms now really sound like when I had my girl leh… hope your ms will ease off soon… its hard and really can drive us out of our minds… sigh… cannot wait for pregnancy to be over….

Bleeding gums… I had it v bad and then recently I switched to a toothpaste for sensitive gums and teeth and seems like not so much bleeding le… its colgate brand… maybe mummies wanna try it?

I love pipa gao… hehe… it’s great for soothing throat and nice and sweet… hehe

Looks like it’s going to rain heavily again today… I tot its Wednesday this morning when I woke… sigh… turns out its only Tues! 2 more days to a long weekend!

gd morning mummies~

ow_mummy : wow! u found out bb gender so early! congrats!
happy.gif

DJ Mama : Congrats on feeling the 1st flutters!
Do you mean adding lemon to your hot honey?Or it is bottled honey that comes with added lemon flavor?

rgding nosebleed : I sometimes see blood among my mucus when I blow my nose every morning when I wake up.I wonder if I might had blew my nose too hard at times. But now I started to feel soreness on some of my right side teeth.so I'm trying to book a dental appt to check on them.

rgding appetite : I juz discover a type of lightly salted crackers from marks & spencer, so tdy started to snack on 1 cracker b4 I left home for work, to keep the nausea feeling away.Oh, and I gave in to my craving for ice-cream last nite and had a mini tub of ben & jerry :p

hi sunkissprissie, I add lemon to my honey... the honey is those normal ones that you can find in supermarkets... and for each mug of hot honey, i squeeze in half a lemon... but you can squeeze lesser if its too sour for you...

As much as I can, I try to take everything home cooked, home brewed... and fresh...

princessxiaomei: i dun like the taste of pipagao=X jus hope will recover soon, very torturing! =(

DJ Mama: I started feeling the movements too!=)

sukissprissie: hopefully the gender wont change during next checkup=X haha.

Cravings: dun have much appetite, sick n sick..jus feel like resting..=(

mummies.. i'm not new to SMH but is new to this thread ^^
i've a gal born in Dec 07 ..
i had no ms at all during my 1st but this time round.. still hvg ms anytime of the day .. so everyone is guessing its gg be a boy given the ms =P

u all feeling baby movements already? I felt it a few weeks ago but the past 2-3days haven feel anything and I'm starting to worry... =(

princessxiaomei
you seems to be having a bad ms ...

ow_mummy (chelsey_alyssa)
my #2 EDD is also around 9/9 ^^ just signed on CL with PEMs,tgr with their medicine package and Jamu package... damn ex =S

This morning hubby came back from his night shift and told me he needs to work OT tomorrow. A bit upset about it, I purposely changed the checkup to his off day so that we can bring our 2 boys along and now I have to handle them myself.

jojo,
tomorrow is my turn for check up, hopefully baby open legs, if not I dun know if I can wait one month to find out gender, dun think i can tahan.

DJ Mama,
congrats on the baby movement. I did feel the baby movement earlier as compare to my previous two. Today, instead of just feeling the movement, the movement can be seen from my tummy! Love the feeling of it
happy.gif

slimz,
welcome to this thread
happy.gif
When I am pregnant with my boys, I dun have any ms at all but this time round nausea hit me hard. Maybe tonight you try to lays on your bed with head higher and see if you can feel the baby movement.

jer,
hope baby open legs. mine yesterday closed so tight but i do suspect its a boy. i saw white dot there but my gynae said cant see -_-" die die i must wait till detailed scanning lor.

Dj mama,
i still cant drink soup. those bone soup type make me puke. dunno how to survive la.

Hello mummies,

I'm from the Oct thread. But since my EDD is 2 Oct, baby may wanna come out in Sep. :p

Anyway, Adelynn, I have nosebleed very frequently. It started on my 12th week. And I usually get them in the morning, after I wake up or when I reach office. It takes about 15 mins for them to stop dripping and I always try to get rid of the blood clot cos it's so irritating.

Gynae says it's normal, my parents say it's because I'm too heaty and ask me to take barley water. I don't dare to take barely water cos it feels liang to me, so I've been using nasal spray which does not help too.
sad.gif

slimz: same edd! so fast hafta book?

jojo: i dun understand how gynae see, but my last visit, he told me shld be boy cuz say the organ , he show me the butt n the bladder so on.. but well i jus dun seem to understand..lol

Hi ow_mummy, so fun to feel the flutters right? But I haven’t felt any since last night le… think it will take some time for them to be regular for me…

Slimz, dun worry about… now its still early days, so we may not necessarily feel bb all the time… later on towards the pregnancy gynae will advise us to be more aware and track their movements…

Jer, wah v sian… I also will sian if I were you… he cannot change shift or anything le mah? Sigh. I also not happy if hubby cannot make it for scans de… you can see movements on your tummy means you are quite big le wor… or rather bb is quite big inside le rite… haha… so exciting… I was still thinking maybe need to wait another 2 months before hubby and my girl can see and feel bb inside me…

Jojo… even clear soup also cannot ah… then cham… I dun make my soups with the pork bone de….too oily… I ask the stall for lean meat meant for making soups… how about using sakura chicken to make soup? Remove the skin and fats before putting it to boil… add pumpkin or other types of root vege… maybe easier to stomach? Before I could stomach soup, I sipped hot honey… but I know how shitty it is… I went thru a period when I couldn’t even take water… sigh… only going to hospital for drip helped… jiayou ok… MS faster go away!

Hi reineluv, welcome… I drank abit of barley water before… think shd be ok, as long as you dun drink it excessively… why dun u check with the medicine hall if pregnant ladies can drink?

So sleepy… any mummies still feeling sleepy at work? I still hv got reports and articles to finish… sigh… v tired!

DJ mama : thanks! I'll give ur honey drink recipe a try. anything to stop myself from taking too much ribena and orange juice...haha

reineluv : hello! I sometimes will buy crysanthamum or barley drink from medical shops when I feel heaty.but stop short of buying those with herbs.

jojo : is it bcoz of pork smell so u cannot take ur soup?how about chicken base?or try porridge lo.

ow_mummy : there was a newspaper article not long ago that reported there is a shortage of CL this year.so if you intend to engage one, better source early lo.

DJ Mama: I feel sleepy at work too, when will u be taking your maternity leave? I usually get snacks to keep myself awake.

Hi Mummies/Mummies to be,

I just delivered in Jan and have stopped breastfeeding in Feb (less than a month). I am selling the below items for $350.All items are in good condition.If you are interested, do PM me. Wishing all a smooth delivery! Take good care =)

6871820.jpg

Ameda lactaline dual breast pump (Original Price $399)
Autumnz Breastmilk Storage Bottles- half are unused (Cost $18.90)
Pigeon Natural-Fit Silicone Nipple Shield- New (Est. Cost: $10.00)
Pumpin Pal Angled Premium Breast Pumping Flanges (Cost : $36.00)
Ameda Freezer Bags (Comes with breast pump)

Hi vinvola, I most probably have to take my maternity leave around mid Aug, starting with my annual leave... then followed by maternity leave all the way till Jan... cuz Jan-May is peak period for my team, this year due to my severe MS, I was out of action from Jan - Mar... next yr cannot be missing again....so hope bb will come out by early sep... then I have more time with her...wad about you?

Looks like most of us still sleepy... this thing about second trimester being honeymoon trimester hor... not so accurate... sigh...

im in my week 18 but still haven felt any bb movement....hmm dunno is it too fat but is it normal to feel it later? my detailed scan n next gynae visit is 3 weeks later....cant wait...maybe before that i go see gynae...

-waves to ow_mummy- remember me from apr 09 thread? Hello!!

I'm expecting no 3 and looks like a boy! Im ard 15 weeks so will confirm again next week
happy.gif

I m superb down with combo attack by fever, flu & sore throat! Hardly can breathe thru my nose due to totally blocked nose. Hopefully can recover soon for e long weekend!

For those mummy sick, pls rest well & recover fast the weather is so bad lately!

pinkypink: *Salutes* my #1 was Nov09 and till then i was struggling with caring for her and working and balancing things out that i dont even dare think of #2. Share some tips on how u manage more than 1 with me and what changes you observe in #1 when you had #2 (or #2 when ure having #2 now)

Hi mummies!

My EDD is early sept, although I suspect bb might come end Aug lah. This is my #3.

Insurance - I'll be signing up for AXA after my next gynae appt, the good thing about AXA is that they have some coverage for bb after the bbs are born, regardless if they have the congenital conditions listed below... And for some of them, you might not even detect it until after birth, like my #2 (who is perfectly ok now, thankfully!).

pinkypink: wow! you're not crazy.. but maybe your days will be crazy until the oldest one is 2
happy.gif
but after that you will enjoy, instead of spreading out all the hard work like me.. haha.

fattybombom: it's normal to feel movements later, usu around 5 months. this time i felt it earlier, by 16 weeks plus. but then this is already my third time
happy.gif

12bmom (minakochang)
Apologies, i dun stalk the thread yet..din reply you till npw ^^
PEMS CL i paid $2250 (paid extra $200 to confirm a CL that my fren recommended), paid $400+ for Jamu and the medicine package (which i can decline and fully refundable) at $300+

Back