(2012/08) Aug 2012

Hi can someone add me to the FB group please? I am first time mummy and have lots to learn but dunno where to get the support. Hope to learn and share w the August mummies here as our baby will be growing up together
happy.gif
. Please let me know how to join the FB group. My email is [email protected]. Thanks much.

My baby girl was born on 22 Aug at KKH. She is pretty and weighs 2.35kg at birth. Had problems breastfeeding. Not having enough milk even up to today which is already more than a month
sad.gif
. I have a lump in my right breast so effectively only left breast is producing milk and even then each time only abt 20ml.. Doc said even w one breast, it should produce enuff for bb but i am still waitig for that to happen. BB is drinking abt 90ml now. How much are your babies drinking at this stage? Wonder if any mommies have same problem

Hi Choccake,

Me too has problems in breastfeeding, till today also not enough milk, I need to give formula to supplement. Me every time pump only 20ml ;(. Yes my baby 2 days older than your girl, is also drinking 90ml now. And she needs to be fed every 2 hoursly interval even at night somemore is formula. Very tiring.

I tried to latch but hor ... she only prefer one side and the other side refused to latch. She sucks till I feel very pain and I have phobia letting her to latch. My supply till today also only 20ml for each side.

Choccake - we just continue to pump even though is only 20ml, just don't give up. Whatever we have, just give to the little princess. Just don't stress. Me now looking after her myself, sometime dont have time to pump but I still try. We jiayou ya.

Thanks for the encouragement Bel. I am also taking care of bb myself but hubby helps during night feeds as much as he can. Yup, it is very tiring.
Do you pump regularly throughout the night? I've been told tt to encourage milkflow, should pump at least 8 to 12 times in 24 hours. Most days i can't fulfill tt mumber of times cos got to take care of bb. She needs constant attention during her waking hours else she will start to cry. Wonder if all babies at this stage are like that.

Hi ChocCake

Me too, cant fulfil the number of pump. The most I can do is 3x to 4x a day the most. Baby, same, need constant attention and she sleeps very little, thus is tough to regularly pump. Sometime pump halfway, need to stop. Especially, she sleeps less than half an hour each time, no time to do other things too.

Hi Mummies,

Im new here and my baby was born on the 30th July. Would like to join the August mummies group since my boy is born end of July... heh.. Do you mind adding me to the FB group? My email is [email protected]. Thanks alot.

Bel, comforting to know i'm not the only one gg thru such situation and bb behavior is same. Guess things will be better. Bb last 2 days have reduced the amount during each feed. Now average taking abt 60 ml. Also throwing up more often. Tried to give her Enfalac but she din like cos it does not flow thru the bottle tit easily w the thicker formula. Changed to 3 months plus tit but it din help. So now back to friso which is more fluid but seems like giving her wind in stomach. Mummies supplementing w formula, which brand are you giving? If only there is more breastmilk for her. Sigh.
I'm pumping milk hoping to lose weight. Haha. So far have not seen any result. Any mummies have experience to share on getting back in shape? Does wrapping help? If so what kind? I've tried wrapping w the elastic kind (fr guardian pharmacy) but is very itchy if i pull it tight. Would girdles fr lingerie brands like wacoal n triumph work? Thinking of getting those but it is so expensive.
sad.gif

Hi...I'm from the June 2012 thread.

I've an opened pack of Goon S size to clear. Used less than 5 pieces from the pack of 52 but baby has since outgrown. Original price $21, now selling at $15. Self-collection only at Cityhall during weekdays. Feel free to PM me if you have queries. Thanks!
happy.gif

Hi ChocCake,

I am a silent reader in this thread, and is a first time mum. I read that you have a lump in ur right breast, and it's affecting ur supply. Just want to share that I also had a right lump in the right breast due to engorgement (then leading to infection). Please do seek help early with a lactation consultant before it becomes infected like mine. I am currently seeing a breast doctor and is on antibiotics.. Can feel that the lump is improving, and supply is also getting more. Do take care =)

Hi tungchia2301,

thanks for advise. I went for check up yesterday and doc said the lump is getting smaller. Will need to monitor see how. Yep, i was on antibiotics previously to prevent infection. Hope your breastfeeding is going smoothly. Jia you!!

My baby is now like about 11 weeks old. He'll be 3 months on Nov 7th. I noticed that he doesnt want to latch that well. he is currently on full breastmilk. I've tried with plastic nipple from MAM. that's the only teat he wld want to drink from.But that depends too. sometimes he wont drink at all. its really difficult for me.

i bought tommy tippie and avent and peigon.. but he Gags alot and sometimes vomit what he had comsume. need some advise on how i can help him be comfortable to drink from plastic nipple. cos im gg back to work in another week.

Hi mummies,
I am new here and also first time mummy. I gave birth to my son on 6 Aug. Same problems with some of the first time mummies, I hv problem with my supply of breast milk. Till now, going 3 months, my supply is only 50 ml every 3 hrs.
sad.gif
I am supplementing with formula milk. I wonder if I supplement too much formula milk, will my breast milk supply be establish? Any good advice to increase supply? I took fenugreek as well but still don't see the effect. Pls help.
Can mummies here help to add me to Aug Grpup Facebook? My email add is [email protected]. Thanks.

Little precious
It's perfectly fine. My princess also don't poo everyday. Longest record 6 days poo once. Pd say 8-9 days also ok.

Hi mummies,
I'm new to this thread. My girl will b 3mths on 17th. I'm full breast feeding her and will be going to work in another week's time. My girl totally rejects bottle and pacifier. I'm having a hard time getting her to take the bottle..... I've tried syringe/cup feeding also but she will gets very angry and cry until very cham...
sad.gif
Needs advice from mummies here. TIA!

Hi Mummies,

I'm due next week and would like to ask any recomendation for full month party give away cakes? I've eaten so many cupcakes from sweeteset moments so any other option will be great. Thanks in advance.

Hi Jenny (problemgal),
My girl can bottle feed now....We tried many different bottles also and finally she's ok with Pigeon normal bottle not the wide neck. She prefers the latex teats as its softer. My mum will put her in the yao lan and feed her. She started with placing the teat near her lower lip and let her 'play' and suck in on her own. I used to lay her on the bed and latch her and I've read that the caregiver should use differnt positions to feed. Ask someone to feed your baby also as they are very smart....they will not drink when we feed them cos nipples are just a cloth away so they will reject.

Hope your girl can accept bottle soon!!

Hi little precious, hasn't been add in fb too...

LSK,
my boy is also drinking lesser since 2 weeks ago. Used to drink 110ml ebm every 2.5 - 3 hrs, now still drinking 110ml but can last him 4 hrs plus =.=

Hi, i'm new to this thread. my second kid born on 25 aug
happy.gif
. Anyway, when i took out my pump parts for the second one, i noticed that they are yellow. so i emailed the customer service of Pumping Pal and this is what they said :
"
Your shields are safe to use. The yellowing is just from the high heat, as long as they still fit in your pump then they are good. I will say though that it is not necessary to steam your shields, no matter the brand. The shield is just a passage way for the milk and does not store and are easy to clean with just a mild soap and water. You may do what you like but it is a bit overkill:) I heard an LC once ask a mom if she was boiling her breast prior to nursing because the mom had the same concern, LOL. Anyway, good luck to you and your baby. "

So i don't sterilize them anyone... saves time

Hi mummies, I am a first time mum and my baby is born on August 5th. If you are still taking in members for your fb group, could you add me in please? Love to share baby experiences with all of you. Thank you!

My email add : [email protected]

Back