(2012/08) Aug 2012

Hi
I've delivered le on 24aug
happy.gif
been v tired n busy handling nb and my toddler... Everyone chatting at fb??

Movenpick, how are you Liao??? I had to induce baby at wk 38+ as I had sudden weight drop of almost 1kg.. So play safe had to induce n baby birth wt is 3kg..

Dear all mummies,

This is my first time joining this chat. 请多多指教。
My gal is g6pd deficiency. So wanna ask if she can apply 如意油??? Cos she fart a lot n seems to have stomach discomfort.

Need your urgent guidance. Thanks...

Irene

Dear all mummies,

This is my first time joining this chat. 请多多指教。
My gal is in her 4th weeks old and she is g6pd deficiency. So wanna ask if she can apply 如意油??? Cos she fart a lot n seems to have stomach discomfort.

Need your urgent guidance. Thanks...

Irene

Hi, I have also popped on 24 aug. during my check up on 23 aug, day weight has dropped 1kg in 6 days and doc noted tt my water level is kind of low and wanted me to go for induction on 24aug 12am. But the moment I stepped into the observation ward, contractions start naturally and no induction is required. Dilation seemed slow for me and till 9am still only 4cm and then doc came and broke my water bag... 12pm dilation at 9cm and the pushing game started and bb was out within 1 hr after tt.

Hi xinle's mummy
happy.gif

Hehe our baby is born on same day then
happy.gif
yours is baby #? girl or boy? I had contractions but not strong enuf .. Weight drop so Much n gynae fear baby may poo inside etc so I induce at 10.30am and delivered her in evening. Pain for so long but I dilate quite fast after my waterbag being burst by gynae. Frm 4-10cm within 20mins if I'm not wrong.. One big push n my girl is out.. Phew~ glad it's all over now.. So painful!

Princessxiaomei,

yaya, our bb on the same day! Mine is a baby boy. Is my second bb actually. #1 is now 2 year plus. Envy you, from 4-10cm in 20 mins. I was like waiting and waiting for the dilation to happen lor...

princessxiaomei,
#1 is 4 years princess, #2 prince 2 years, #3 is girl newborn
happy.gif

I am SAHM. Getting really busier! Working in office seems easier.. What about you?

Can I be added to FB?

princessxiaomei,

Thot you have joined the facebook also. Nobody add me to facebook so could not chat there.
sad.gif

I've delivered on 26 Aug via induction cos wanted natural and baby's wgt at last scan was 3.3kg. Gynae said if wait for bb to come out, may have to go thru c-section cos too big. So I agreed to the induction. Bb actual wgt is 3.17kg at wk 38+ also, same as you.
happy.gif

Asked for natural tear, instead of episiotomy, but still hurting down there. Boy too big, so he was delivered via forceps. Now struggling with breastfeeding cos could only express 40ml both sides every 4 hours. Thinking what I can do to improve the milk supply. What about you?

Xinle mummy, Mine also baby #2
happy.gif
my #1 is almost 3 le. I also didnt expect could dilate so fast suddenly as I was dilating v v slowly from morning induced till late noon..!

Cindy, your kids age gap so near.., how u manage alone??? I'm also SAHM like u
happy.gif
I've fb but I'm not in the aug fb group wor.. Not v active in forum too :/

Movenpick, congrats! End up both of us really had to induce too! I think I also tear as my baby cannot wait cos I kept wanting to push before my gynae arrived. Nobody expected I'll dilate super fast after he burst my waterbag. But glad tt e midwives n my gynae were all v professional experienced n fast enuf to attend to me!

Hmm.. For my #1 I bf him fr 2 years.. Direct latching all e way.. Didnt pump before.. But for my #2, I'm doing both latching & bottle feed w EBM as I'm doing confinement at my mom's place and my sis has a pump fr me to use
happy.gif
tt time I went for mrs Wong BB class, she mentioned to latch at least 4-6wks before starting to pump so that baby has no nipple confusion.. N to increase bm to0 since demand = supply. Maybe u wanna try to latch on demand first? Then ltr on u pump..? I had engorgement for past few days and it's so painful till I had to squeeze or pump some when possible. Else most of e time my poor little girl kept choking on my milk n gag cos of my hard boobs. U can also try drinking hot drink before pump/latch... Massage ur boobs too!

Fb.. I am quite "new" to aug thread so I didn't join them in fb yet wor.. But I do Hv fb acc :p guess most of them who join this thread quite early would be more active in fb le as most of them should Hv pop too and quite busy to come into here to chat..
happy.gif

Hello Mummies!
happy.gif

I'm new to this thread. Wanted to join earlier but just been procrastinating! However, I'm finally here now so congrats to all the Aug Mummies!

I just gave birth to baby #2 on 12 Aug.

He was 13 days overdue so wasn't sure whether it was a Jul or Aug baby. I was given membrane sweep 4 days prior but only had 2 false contractions. Towards the end, out of desparation, I ate spicy food (Hunan cuisine, Thai food, Indian curry), pineapple during the last 2 days, BD, nipple stimulation, so not too sure what worked or didn't! Haha

Eventually, day before my 42 weeks scheduled induction, my real contractions finally started. He weighed 4 kg, 54cm tall and it was a spontaneous delivery, without epidural. The whole ordeal lasted 13 hrs which was shorter than my first delivery of 17.5 hrs! Anyway, this will be my last! I'm just enjoying having both my 3.5 yrs daughter and my bb boy.

Hope to meet up with you Mummies and share more experiences!

Puryoshi: will PM you my email. Please add me! Thanks!

Movenpick: You are lucky as yours is natural. so your baby is in the engaged position and cervix not too high I believe that's why can induce?

Mine 39 weeks still no sign of coming out. Doc say can't induce as cervix too high. IF wait another week, baby may be too big for natural and may end up with csection too. so on doc advice, i went for csection at 39 weeks, bb wt is 3.29kg. My previous 2 were natural and was expecting this one yo be natural too.

Hi princessxiaomei,

Really peifu that you can latch all the way. How I wish I can do tt. No need to wash bottles and buy pump. However my nipples are very sore after latching, n I do not hv enuf milk. After latching for 30 mins both sides, bb can still drink 70ml of EBM or FM. Dun know how much he really suckle frm my breast. Prefer to pump so I kn how much EBM I have. Also I can't latch without a breastfeeding pillow cos I dun kn how to hold the bb. Really wrong position and no strength to support him. Envy those who can latch while lying down, seems so relaxed easy.

Hi Jo Q,

My gynae didn't tell me if bb's head is engaged during the last couple of visits before delivery. I suppose so as can feel him very down below. On one hand, I feel it's not right to go for induction cos he should put on more wgt and come out when he's ready, unless there's medical condition. On the other hand, scared of c-section, so tried induction to see if can go natural. Gynae didnt promise me natural, only say will try n see. Luckily am able to go natural.

How's your c-section wound now? Did you opt for epidural or GA? My delivery is very smooth, dilate fully within 5.5 hrs, however I suffered side effects of epidural which is spinal headache. Very terrible that I can't sit up and walk cos of headaches and giddiness. No appetite to eat and bf. This only happen to 1 in 200 people. Suay for me. On the day of my discharge, the anasthetist who did the epidural came to see me cos I asked the nurse to feedback to him my condition. He came to do a blood patch on me. How painful it was!He was wearing surgeon gown and was distracted with many calls from the delivery wards. Went to extract my blood with my arm stretched towards the ceiling and could not draw much blood. (think this was wrong way of drawing the blood). Poke me more than 15 times in 3 places before he can draw sufficient blood to insert to my back. During the process, told him to stop doing it and tat I can bear the headaches, but he persisted. The worst has yet to come.

He could not insert the blood to my back cos he was too distracted and the nurse not from delivery ward, also did not position me near the edge of the bed before insertion. I was at the centre of the bed, moreover the bed was very low (cos I'm short so I adjusted the height as such) and he was very tall, so of course the insertion could not go in. His needle poked my back bone more than 15 times before he succeeded. It was so painful tt I pleaded with him to stop n stop and to throw my blood away. Again he persisted relentlessly and I was at his mercy.
sad.gif
Am thinking should I sue him for doing the blood patch on my hospital bed instead of at the delivery ward. Now even thinking abt it caused me to shiver.

Movenpick, gosh! U delivered at where? U should feedback leh. Sounds so scary n unprofessional.. This time I was on drip for abt 12 hours, my pulse was too low or too high on/off while in labour ward.. Thus I'm being monitored till quite some time too. But e nurses are v nice n handle everything quite nicely. W e pain below, being so tired.. U still Hv to go thru "extra" pain.. *hug hug u* must b v xinku! So how r u now le?

Actually if u direct latch, ur supply will be more. Demand=supply. U latch more e more milk u Hv. Pump out won't b as much as latch. If u feel pain while latching, means u nv latch properly. U remove and try again. This time I wanna try both latch n pump to feed my girl. Cos I Hv to look after my toddler too so if I can manage to pump n let her not Hv nipple confusion, would b easier fr me I hope.

What's your fb acc? I add u as friend?
happy.gif

movenpick: What a painful ordeal you been through with so much poking! I had epidural, the wound still hurts abit.

You want more supply of breastmilk? then you should let your baby suckle directly instead of pumping out. Suckling will stimulate more breastmilk production. Baby will suck until full. Like in total 20 to 30 min for both sides. If still cannot work, you can drink papaya and fish soup, this receipe can be found in the internet which you can do a search. Otherwise, go back to your gynae, he will have medication for you. Soreness is actually normal for bfing. I had soreness for about a week... yes it is painful, but I persevere. You got use nipple cream to help in healing? Apply breastmilk on them after suckling too.

Re: FB group for Aug mummies

We would only add those who have chatted here for a while at least and also those with profile pictures into our FB group for August mummies. We have 94 mummies there now, just wanna ensure we invite actives and genuine mummies, hope everyone understands!!!
happy.gif

Rykiel is the admin of the group but any of us in the group already can add people in. Rykiel will approve accordingly
happy.gif

Hi, Sashamama,

Have PM you my FB email add. If you add princessxiaomei as well, then we can chat at the FB too. ;)

Princessxiaomei & Jo Q,

Delivered at TMC. My arm very sore and bruised and my back still abit of pain. It's a good thing that I went thru the blood patch, cos no more spinal headache immed after the "horrible" procedure. The natural tear below is more painful. I bought the curacao topical spray and think this worsen my pain instead of helping me. What cream/lotion/spray did your gynae give you for easing the cut/tear?

My CL is very sarcastic towards my latching. Keep saying so little milk and so light tt bb not full. Usually, I will latch 15 min each side, the pass to her to top-up feeds, either in EBM or FM, cos find tt he gets very little milk thru latching and can get more thru EBM. Dun want him to go hungry. My CL quite lazy, find it troublesome to bring to me for latching then make milk for him after that.

Also, how do you all manage latching 24/7? Your time will be controlled by babies cos you dun kn when he'll wake up to latch. For pumping, I can manage my time better cos I will pump every 3 hourly.

BTW, when do all of you wash your hair during confinement? My hair is so itchy now at 13 days post-natal.

Have you gone for your postnatal massage already?

Movenpick, I've finally washed my hair after 9 days! My hair is very long... Then oily.. Gosh! ANd I endure till 13 days ltr and finally showered too! Weather siao siao lately and if it rains, I can't shower
sad.gif
I've done my Malay massage too.. 4 days after delivery I started le.. Not bad! Very shiok! But now I see my tummy I want to cry.. So flabby still
sad.gif
(((( sob !!

Actually latch more will have more milk.. My girl timing still kinda rojak but most of e time is around 3hourly. Sometimes 2-2.5! She latches only about 10-15min n will stop le... Bottle feed her also v random... Sometimes 50ml sometimes 60ml and just now one feed 100ml! :/ I think now I feed on demand first.. Trying to catch her timing and hopefully can kinda let it be 3-4 hourly!

Can't rmb e spray name but I think should be same de?? I threw e bottle away le.. Paiseh!!

Your confinement lady just wanna b as hassle free as possible is it??!! I thot we latch on they free is better??

Btw I've called up PCF to enquire about 208 cc progress.. Gosh! Seemed like most likely will start building in nov only lor.... Haiz! Super slow to e max!! Angry lor!

Oh ya, sashamama added me as friend le
happy.gif

movenpick: For pain for the wound, gynae give oral painkiller, which I so far yet to use at home, cos pain is bearable. No cream is given to apply.

My CL when she first came, when she see i total BF and total latching, she keep repeating that this is the first time she encounter this as all those she worked before got mixed with formula milk so will not be hungry so soon. When my baby needs to feed an hour plus interval or 2 hours , she will say is my milk supply enough and if this continues, die liao (she say in chinese). So she scared she need to wake up many times at night to bring the baby to me for latching. My baby wakes up 2 to 3 times at night to feed, the close intervals one happen only during daytime and only seldom. Anyway, I told her total latching is very common nowadays and if she wants to talk, I just let her talk and keep quiet, as she will be with me for 28 days and I do not want relationship to worsen during this period. So just ignore her remarks. I washed my hair on the 8th day using the chinese herbs. I do not wash everyday, but If i find oily, I used dry shampoo. The effect last about a day.

Hi mummies, anyone gave birth naturally at SGH & opt for class A1 single bedded? How much did you pay in total after all the deductions & subsidize?

Dear Movenpick,
You need to accept my friend request before I can add you into the group!

Pincessxiaomei & Kerrin,
I have requested for admin approval already.

Dragonleobaby,
You are in the group already
happy.gif

Hi movenpick

I had c-section on 26 Aug. My bb weight 3.8kg, that the reason why my gynae suggest to have c-sect on 38 weeks cos baby is too big. Mine is a boy. How about your bb? They share the same birthday
happy.gif

Hi mummies,

I'm new to this thread, like to join into the group.
My e-mail [email protected]

princessxiaomei: Actually time management not easy with 3. Really a handful as age gap very close so all the needs quite similar, can all cry together can go bonkers. I got maid who helps out cleaning, cooking, washing clothes and help take care of my kids. But still find myself very busy.

movenpick: Just listen to CL but follow your own style. Can be quite tough listening to ppl esp when they stay with you..but only 28 days so not so bad. Imagine MIL stay with me, can faint! Heng she not. Her nagging alone can drown me everyday...

Cindy, I 2 also headache w time management le... :/ thou I having confinement now at my mom place but there's 2 infants including mine, 2 toddlers leh.. 2012 jul 2012 aug 2011 apr 2009 sept kids lor... N sometimes I manage 2-3 alone for awhile.. Headache ah!! ESP if time to sleep n both elder ones nt asleep yet.. Go bk home I'll b all alone w 2.. I think I can no need shower early le! Lol..

Princessxiaomei & Kerrin,
U gals are in the group already.

Movenpick & Lucky Baby,
I have requested for admin approval already.

Serene,
Pls approve my FB request before I can add u into the grp. Thx!

princessxiaomei: your mum is a babysitter? I also headache whenever i go bath or do something, then i will hear the kids crying...quarrel, fight, endless...i like bouncer everyday breaking up fights.

Cindy, nope my mom not babysitter just that my sis n I each have 2 kids and age gap are just so near!! Everyday my mom place is like having war!!!!! And they are like doing shift work.. I do 24/7 though -.-" my 2 kids sleep w me at night and I handle my newborn for night feeding too.. Bottle feed w my ebm 2-3 feeds a day during day time.. Me too like u.. Over here keep breaking up arguements as I also have a 9 yr old niece on top of 4 v young ones here.. Super duper chaotic everyday! Lol

Movenpick, which is u in fb?
happy.gif

hey Movenpick, the hospital gave me the curacao topical spray too, and when i did my first week visit w my gynae she say it is not so good, so she gave me a powder antiseptic. i would have to say it is pretty good - its the same powder PDs give to put on your baby's umbilical cord after it falls off, u can try it , its called Baneocin (fast powder).

i havent visited this forum for SO LONG, too used to FB already, hope to chat with you girls there!

Btw gals, how u gals manage ur pump parts after each pump? Do u all always use detergent n sterilize it for 6-7 times per day if is exclusive pumping or?? Need advise on this as find so tired to keep wash with detergent n sterilize it last few mths... Thk u all.

Hi Joanne, this is what I do too. But I've got 2 sets of pump parts ( the funnel thingy, membranes) and many bottles for collection. After every pump I will soak the pump parts in warm soapy water and wash them when I'm free. So yes I wash and sterilise about 6-7 times a day as well, sometimes more when she goes through more bottles during growth spurt.

Hi all, so happy that my confinement period is over! Now baby fully latch. Trying to get into a routine w 2 kids. Hope tt all r coping well!

Back