(2012/08) Aug 2012

U mean milk will keep leaking? Then how many washable is enough? Only bought 6 pigeon ones. Then disposable ones need to change how many in a day?

JC,
Show her u can breast feed and shut her mouth up !!

Breast pads,
I prefer disposables and used them throughout my bf career for #1. Too many things to wash already, so choose disposables...just take it as using sanitary pads instead, save money on pad and spend on breast pad. Already stock up 6 boxes of Pigeon disposables hehheeeee...

AG: Here's the link http://www.drymamaasia.com/

JA: sanitary pads at least after the first month, is only used for a few days, but nursing pad is use every day de, so more xiong.

JC: Taking care of it is easy, I just throw into a laundry bag then toss into washing machine can already.

The price of 1 pair may look expensive than disposables but in the long run, it would be worth it. Although disposable is convenient, I would feel the heartache when throwing disposable and also the gulity to the environment as I don't want my kid to live in a environment full of rubbish.

Ayukie,
I KS la haha...last time I use 1 box per mth til I stop bfeeding, scared leak clothes can see so paiseh...

Nahnah,
Pigeon got 2 types, I got the 72s...

Starfantasy,
No choice leh cos I no help, only myself and hb, everything we do ourselves, really no time to do all these washing. So whatever can minimise we rather spend more money to so call buy time. Everything I have is in bulk, don't do laundry everyday so need more clothes, towels, etc..even milk bottle/teats, 1 day use how many I got how many per day, wash once a day. Breastpump parts I got 5 sets, only wash after using 5 sets and use milk bags to store my breast milk.

I guess there is no right and wrong, just do whatever is suitable to our respective lifestyles and most impt is be happy and comfortable
happy.gif

JA: understand, I also like you before I had maid, clothes don't wash everyday except intimate (which are handwash during bathing). Now that have maid already, try my best to be environment friendly.
happy.gif

yup. washing I also throw into the wash bag and into the machine. Or not just hand wash... faster since so small... I think the good thing about Drymama pads is that it can dry itself. so more comfortable. I have been wearing it the whole afternoon.

Disposables are great and convenient but really super expensive if using for longer time.

I agree with you. ..we need to be more environmental. too much throwing already. even supermarket also reduce plastic bags. Need to protect the earth or not it will only get hotter and hotter.

Any mummies here have used those washable Cloth Diaper that comes with inserts can advise the pros & cons?
Thought of trying out for my #1 who's not potty trained at night.

Kelly, the goodie bag for the magazine purchase is really attractive for the Young Parents fair!
I remembered the last one that I went, the subscription gifts were snapped up real fast.

Tks Sashamama for your sharing on hospital packing list.
happy.gif
) BTW, you mentioned need to bring bank statement of both parents. What's this for?

hi all, my maid is pretty good so far, been here for a week, managed to cook for us and very kancheong to clean the whole house so she can move on to wash baby clothes.

i am planning to send her for cooking class at ACMI, and maybe those organised by FAST cos they are cheaper. since she has no off day for 7 months, she can take 2 sundays half day off to go for cooking. she enjoys learning to cook so hopefully she can learn and come back and cook for me!

she is filipino and she worked for 2 household in SG before, and prior worked in Dubai. My agent did mention he likes to recommend maids who complete their 2 yrs in Middle East cos working conditions there are usually quite harsh so if they can survive they should be very good.

her pay is 460. how much is levy now and post birth ? i know there is a disc of maybe 90 bucks or something.

Rykiel - errr dun noe what I did on fb nt sure if sent u multiple fren request. Sry arh if I did. Paiseh I didn't use fb regularly in the past.

Hi mummies,

Today when orchard OG to c the La Gourmet thermal cooker set think quite worth buying. As 5L thermal cooker + 1.5L thermal cooker + 1 thermal flask only $99. Then happened to c the pigeon nappy liner was selling $8 per box for 100pcs which is $0.90 cheaper than the motherhood fair last weekend. Wonder should I stock up a bit more since will be using cloth diaper after 3 mths.

good morning mummies!

we are organsing a meet up on our FB group. for those who are not in the FB group and would like to join, pls PM me for details.
happy.gif

AG > I think can check out other brands. But so far my fren recommend Pigeon. She says its better.

Ayukie > mine is aching also... looking forward to the prenatal massage next week. very hard to concentrate to work now....

AG,
i used pigeon nursing pads..bought tollyjoy, cheaper but not as good
u can consider washable ones but i find it troublesome
get it from the cheong choon store? its much cheaper..the last i bought less than $10 a box
actually not everyone needs nursing pads...some of friends dont leak one...but i leak like mad! hahaaa

hazel,
i have thermal cooker, before that use slow cooker..

nursing pad,
tried tollyjoy too, yeah cheaper but not as gd as pigeon.
think the bigger pigeon pack is slightly cheaper than the smaller pack. if didnt remember wrongly, the 72s is selling at Robinson $13.90, usually get baby stuff fr there..

How many boxes of (disposable) nursing pads do we need? And how many pairs of reusable ones do u all buy? Is it required throughout breastfeeding? Sorry.. 1st time mummy here
happy.gif

I bought 2 boxes of pigeon disposables nursing pads liao but thinking of buying some washable pads since u ladies mentioned, but that drymama so exp...any cheaper options for reusable pads?

bettlebug,
perhaps standby 1-2 boxes ? if really not enough can ask hb to go buy, NTUC also sells..shd be quite readily available..
cant remember how many used initially during ML, depends if u leak..some people use tissue paper, to me quite leh chey, prefer to use the breast pad.
when bb nursing on one side, the other side will leak a little..
i remember when back to work, i used 2 pads per day as will leak a little so didnt want to risk..used the breastpads throughout til stop breastfeeding..average 1 box per mth

actually when i was bfeeding my #1 my mense didnt find me .. so basically need to buy breastpads instead nia lor .. +/- same price avg 2 pairs a day .. and yeash if u latch the other side will leak ..

Hi mummies, I just gave birth on 5th May 2012, and had tried to use Medela Freestlyle to pump, but well… first, my supply is not perfect, and I feel that Freestyle is not suitable for me.. Thus, im selling it away. I’ve used a couple of times since I gave birth… Can email me at [email protected] if interested.

2nd hand set selling for $450 includes:
• 1 - Freestyle pump
• 1 - Lithium ion battery
• 1 - AC adaptor/charger
• 2 - Medium (24 mm) PersonalFit™ breastshields
• 2 - Large (27 mm) PersonalFit breastshields
• 2 - Freestyle breastshield connector bodies
• 1 - Set of tubing
• 2 - Membranes
• 1 - Hands-free accessory kit
• Instructions for use
Breastfeeding Information Guide
• 1 - Insulated cooler bag and ice pack (UNUSED)
• 1 - Black microfiber tote bag (UNUSED)
• 4 - 5 oz/150 mL BPA-free breastmilk bottles and lids (I’ve used the one from the box but will include 6 brand new medela bottles that I’ve gotten extra instead)

http://www.medelabreastfeedingus.com/products/463/freestyle-breastpump#!Overview

Ling: maid levy before birth is 260, after is 170. U need to bring bb birth cert to the maid agency so they will inform the mom to reduce the levy

AG: i have tried avent reuseable but they suck big time cos first they r small and the edges not smooth so make me very itchy. Pure cotton also don dry as fast as drymama. I got look at other brands but they look the same as avent ones. I guess at the end of the day is u get wat u pay for ba. The drymama if buy at the fair is only slightly more exp than avent one, 29.95 for 2 pairs

Hey everyone, Is it that the Dry Mama team is looking at the forum? They are having 15% promo off listed online.

coupon code is "FRIENDSOFDRYMAMA' 15% off
or "GET1PAIRFREE' for free for every order...

Hmmm.. Maybe they are reading this.. haha.. Do I get more discount? Price after discount is like the expo promo... I am buying more.. Anyway they say it is only till end June.
happy.gif

I used to buy like 2-3 boxes of pads a month. Keep using and throw because worry of bacterial growth. Also I do not like the jelly feeling.

Other brands of reusable are Avent, Medela etc. They are all cotton pads. Good price.. Good to buy more because I will bring extras to change everytime I feed..Only issue about those is that because it does not dry and then it will feel wet and soggy.At the end, I also have to wash them daily also because I use up so many of them... haiz Make my breast have infection. Then I stop.

I decided to use disposables because it is drier than cotton. But then at the rate I use them.. I will go broke in no time.. HAHAHA.. I love Pigeon's shape compared to other brands.

Sanitary pads only that 1 week a month. But breastfeeding is everyday.. so very shiong. Pay so much .. maybe milk powder cheaper.. haiz.. still no need breast pump, milk bag, freezer...etc.. HAHAHA.

Just my 2 cents worth
happy.gif

hi all, im a mummy from Dec'10.. jus want to comment about this company and hope no one sign up with them.

i signed up with Prestious Solutions on Aug'11 and have been there for about 5times. Mine is do the peeling type too. Super super REGRET!!!

On the 3rd time, my face gotten worse. So the 4th time when I go back, they said my face very dry. So recommend me to top up $60 for this oxygen spray to have more water on my face. As I thought my face was really bad, so I took up the option. During my 4th visit, when I was in the room, I still heard someone shout saying she didn't see the effect. Their treatment no use.

On my recent visit on 31/05/12 @ 2pm. I not sure what's the manager name who was servicing me got very bad service. She wore black suit. When I was doing my facial, the beautician starts to sell their product (mask). Saying that my face is very dry and need to water-based mask. Which I mentioned earlier, during my last visit, the beautician also said that my face is dry and suggested the Oxygen spray and I tried it. But this time I told the beautician that I am not interested. So without convincing me, she gotten her manager to analyze my face. I did my facial halfway and was told to wear the bathrobe and go to another room.

In that room, the manager analyzed my face and said it's dry that's why they recommended the mask and she also recommended me to take up extra package for this treatment for paying extra $660 for the rest of my 6sessions. I told her the reason why I don't want to take up the package and saying my face was dry is because of the pigmentation being done at the end of each treatment. The pigmentation process is to lighten my face mark and will cause peeling and hence my face will be dry. My question to her is in the first place when I first signed up for my current package, I was given a face analyze as well, right? So why in the first place, the water treatment wasn't recommend to me? Since the pigmentation effect is peeling and will eventually cause my face to dry. I don't want to take this 1 time or 6 times treatment because I felt cheated. I signed up the package and now being promote other stuffs and to pay extra. The manager said face condition may change so now then they recommend this package and she even use cancer patient as an example. But in my view, I thinks I still thinks that shouldn't it be recommend to me in the first place and if pigmentation is going to make my face peel till it will be dry, I would take up the pigmentation and my package can be reduce and I believe this add on package will not surface. And an example of cancer patient is way to serious comparing to doing facial. I told the manager that I won't neither take up the package by paying extra money nor using my current package to convert. I think I made myself very clear by repeating it at least 5times or more for not interested in what she recommended.

As I was actually rushing for time for another appointment at 5pm and told her about it, she did not stop selling and said she will tell the beautician to do the remaining facial treatment the faster way. I am surprised by her answer! Over here, she is saying is because of my skin condition, she wanted to recommend this package to help but on the other hand, being my existing package, she said will tell the beautician to do the faster way because I am in the hurry. Despite of stop the selling session which I have told her that I am not interested and continue with my treatment, she rather spend more time convincing me to buy. She asked why I don't want to sign up the package and I have explained her again and again (which I said earlier at least 5times) but things just simply didn't get into her head. I raised my voice slightly higher because I was very pissed off as what I said are plainly ignored. I did tell her too that I am not a rich person and every cents I spent, I need to consider hence, also not interested to take up the package. I told her maybe she can write on their customer card that I am a difficult customer and not to promote me any items/treatments. She said they can't do that and will continue to sell me for my remaining 6 sessions. In my heart, I was thinking what kind of professionalism she or her Company is showing me?? Firstly, my decision is not being respected and was being ignored. Secondly my current package was told to be done in a faster way because I am in a hurry. I told her when I first signed up for the package, I was happy and was thinking to recommend to my friends. But now, I don't think so because the service provided was simply BAD! She said it's ok if I don't recommend. They no need my recommendation. Wow!! I was once again surprised for what a good customer service she is showing me. After all the unhappiness, I went back to the treatment room.

I monitored the remaining process since she said will do it a faster way. Indeed, things was done a faster way. The mask that was put on my face last for less than 20mins. Usually when I do mask, it was at least 30mins. When doing the pigmentation (putting the solution), I not sure whether is it the same solution used. The reason why I said so is because for the past few sessions, I experienced painfulness and by was told by the beauticians that it's normal. But this time round, it isn't painful at all. So I thought it may happen after a while but it didn't. And there isn't sunblock applied on my face too. Usually the beautician will either just apply or ask me whether I want to apply or not. But this time round, the beautician did not ask me. Looks like saying that I am in a hurry, things have really gotten shortcut and having double standards. Firstly, process are being expedite and secondly, solution used are different.

I write in to complain as well. But not sure they will reply or not. Seriously bad attitude & service. Not professional at all.

anne - pigeon gt those japan disposable breastpads its more comfy than the box one (white) and u will love them more only drawback is they are not individual packed and they cost more ..

Ayukie,
u ok a not, previous preg got history of pain ?

my mense also didnt come back til i stop bfeeding totally, came back after 1 mth i stop..heheee..shiok :p

perhaps mummies who have helpers can consider washable breast pads..

starfantasy,
it depends on individual...i have mummy friend bfeed but mense back and supply drops when mense time..think if cut pumps/feeds will come back earlier too..

for me i total bfeed (both pump and latch)til my girl turns 12mth, my girl only tasted FM at 12mths
happy.gif

stop pumping at 12mths purely latch her and at 14mths totally stop latch and menses came back 1 mth later..menses free for almost 20+mths including preg time...

wish that this time, history repeats hahaaaa

thanks Star - wah so my total expense on helper is 170 + 460 = 630 per month excluding her food. but i feel its worth it, she is good so far so no complaints.

july sending her to cooking class, 6 x 12 session at 90 bucks. every lesson ingredients cost 3 to 5 bucks. hope it is worth it!!

Back