(2012/07) Jul 2012

thng,
hi-five la babe! I oso 11 Oct leh! LOL. But me is of a 31-day cycle usually. Hahha.

Oh abt the cream, maybe 3 months start still can la. Depends on you wor, if u feel like it, now oso can to prep ur tummy for 1st time expansion, esp. 1st timers. hehe

huichinz,
really same date haa..(mine nt fixed cycle sometimes is 29+/- day)
hi-five ^v^

hee...ai mei then must start applying early

Hui Chinz & Lady Dee; yes mustela is a very renowned brand and since it is safe for breast feeding + it smells nice, i highly recommend it

Not sure if Robinsons expo will have but I am sure Robinsons will have its Christmas Sales soon. :)

thng,
ya so zhun hor! haha..i use the Baby center app on iPhone it says my EDD is 21 July leh! haaha...

Karen,
is this the one?
http://www.mustelausa.com/content/stretch-marks-double-action

okok can i'll watch out for the Robinson's sales then
happy.gif

huichinz,
i use apple apps the baby centre is say EDD 17 Jul, perhaps gynae will update me again on EDD.
i went to see gynae early as had miscarriage b4 so i'm worried abt it.

karen, thanks for the update on stretch mark cream.
bust support ?

Karen,
haha not kiasu la, never hurts to start early
happy.gif

Bust cream, think it doesn't apply to me as my *ahem* boobies are aredy been stretch to the max since teenage years, so no point liao. Haha...

thng,
let's jiayou and pray hard our bbies know we wanna hear them!

huichinz,
you're cute heard during pregancy will increase cup size mah...
Yippee...lets pray hard hope to hear bb heartbeat soon

just bought Elancyl stretch mark cream today, now got promo size 400ml at $59.90 only! I read some raves and some complains.. but just buy and try la since so cheap.. if i dun itch den hooray!

hi guys!

so comforted that i am not alone! i'm visiting dr fong because he is based at my house.

i detected baby earlier ( hehe, honeymoon bb), first check up was 4 weeks!
happy.gif
however, i too had spotting and was given 1 week's bed rest plus utrogestan. thank god there was no further bleeding..

can't wait!

EDD is 12 JUL
happy.gif

see doc today cos yesterday shop too much pull some vein.. now walk like old old lady
sad.gif

EDD brought forward 3 days cos bb growing faster!
7wk2d today, 11.3mm :D

hello! any advice on how to choose a gynae? was tinkin shd i take kk or private. not sure mine b a july or aug baby though !

im always hungry now!! i read tat we need to take folic acid nw? i dont dare to take till i see a gynae, i guess
happy.gif

currently oni me n my hubby knws.errr abt 2 days back.. haha.. so hv u all break the gd news to parents?

hope someone can help me out
happy.gif
many thanks !

Hi Lisa, just my opinion, kk prices are not that much different from private, and u'll always see a different gynae on every visit unless u r with KK's The Private Suite. So unless u r tied on budget, kk for subsidised patient, else pay a little more and you get much more personal care.

Folic is always good, in fact it is recommended 6 mths before u try to conceive u should start to take, once u pregnant gynae will also ask u to take. U can buy it cheap at Unity pharmacy or u can wait til ur gynae's appt if u can arrange that soon.

As to choosing a gynae, it's really individual preference, there are many around. Try googling "good gynae in singapore" for reviews, but it is still your own comfort as priority for finalising. Maybe u'll like to think if you have a preferred hospital to give birth at for a start and your financial demands? Packages can cost can low as $500+ from 1st visit to beyond $2000 after 5 months, and if u prefer male or female gynae, if you want the gynae to be near your home etc. With these info I tink more ppl will be able to give u suggestions. Or ask around ppl close to you if they have any gynae to recommend, you can say someone u know is looking for one etc.

Congrats and welcome
happy.gif

hello all. i heard that can the baby's hb in 2 weeks time..i estimate to be 4 weeks now. im first time preggy and not v sure yet how to decide which doc/ hospital.

valerie : im fine with duphaston. taking it 2x a day.. but i read that the side effects can be puky/ nauseous.

Fluffy : if choose kk private suite, means to also deliver at kkh? if choose private gynae say nearby our place, it depends on which hospital they are affiliated to, so we will go there is it?

i hv some fren's recommendations - dr HK Ho at Mt Alvernia, dr woo bit hwa, dr fong yang. anyone has any views? BTW, if I go kk privte suite, which gynae is good there?

Hi Valerie, I also experience MS after taking duphaston. In fact, I have stomach pain which one GP mention that it is also one of the side effects. Not sure when can stop taking this.

Tanny, my gynae is KT tan. She is a senior consultant from kkh private suite. My friend says she is good but I find her cold. See how it goes . Will change gynae if I not comfortable with her.

Hi all! Shann here, this is my 3rd pregnancy, but had a m/c for the first one. My gal just turned 16 month old =) I think i am in week 5 now, only going for first gynae visit around 8-9th week.

Previously i delivered at KKH TPS, i would say, it's really good. I was under Dr Irene Chua, she is so popular now and she owns a clinic at Gleneagles. I really like her and have made an appointment with her. Just so worried about the Gleneagles bill size! And i will be doing C-sect. My budget is 7k in total, hope it won't give me a 10k bill! can die..

Her charges is 2800 for ex-patient (c-sect) and Gleneagles single bedded package is 3900, 2 bedded is 2750.

Hi gals, I went to see gp cos I got cramps, had my last mense 30 sep n it lasted for 3 week plus. GP made me do urine test n so surprise I was preg but cos of the super faint line, she sent me to have a scan done. My gynae for my 1st born told me the same thing as gp, either very early stage or eptopic pregnancy....But after talkin to gynae n recalling, it shld be very early stage cos we din do it b4 my last menses n also rite after my mense. Edd shld be 31st july. Super early to find out, hope to see heartbeat on 6 dec when I see my gynae.

I bought my nursing bra fr JL last time, think gmarket has alot of cheap n good looking ones too.

Hello i'm back to the forum!!!

Big Welcome all new mummies that just join us!
happy.gif

Lisa : Folic Acid is good for us.. Why are you afraid of taking it? In Fact, you should start taking it since you know you're preggy...
happy.gif
as what Fluffy had said, if you want.. You can go to Unity Pharmacy to get it.. It's selling at 100tablets @ the price of $3.19... And it's cheaper than Gynae.. So yup! Start taking it alright..
happy.gif

Winningstar : Duphaston have to be taken up till 12week of pregnancy. Which mean 3month... It's to stablise the pregnancy... Bobian have to take de... Me too have big Horrible MS, but still it's for our own goods...
happy.gif

Fluffy : Mygirl is aiyoh... OMG leh... Sigh!!! You know she damn pandang and super sticky!!! Things get worst after my gynae's visit on Saturday!!! My hb went in together with mygirl... Than gynae ask my hb to go see the Scan... Than first try thru V scan cant see the beannie cause my urine quite full !! LOL!!! So gynae say he need to poke abit inner to see.. And end when mygirl and hb saw the little beannie.. First reaction to mygirl was "maaa maaaaa maaaa maaaa"(screaming,shouting and crying!) wapiang!!! Pandang leh!!! Tsk!! Than after that scan, i cham liao lo! Jidao she keep maa maa-ing and want me to carry her.. Wapiang! HOW!?!?!?

Oh yah! And one more thing. My EDD change again. From 15th become 16th July. And my hb is SOoOooooOOOOO excited!! And say (YEAH!!!! It's MY BIRTHDAY!!) hb's birthday =.=!!! And keep asking me to keep it up and give birth on thay day! =.=!!!! laugh die me and my gynae! LOL!!!

Winningstar : she is not excited ! =\ she is Jealous!! Pan Dang!!! Mygirl is only 8month plus. So now i having #2 and she is damn sticky and easily jealous.. =\

Tanny,
Yes u have to check with ur gynae which hospital he is affiliated to. Most gynaes stick to only one or two hospitals. I dun have any friends who gave birth at KK.. So I can't adv if the doc there can give birth elsewhere or nt. Sorry.

Angelia.. If I tink I am 8mths only I'll also scared my mummy dun love me anymore cos got new baby la..
happy.gif
jealous means she loves u mah!! Hehe..
Do u mind sharing hw big ur baby measurement when u go scan? Cos mine was brought fwd 3 days edd.. Abit worried if baby gng to be very big..

As for maternity bras.. I noticed so long is no wire, I feel comfortable. Yesterday tried buying one Triumph with no wire n I slept comfortably in it. So maybe no need stick to maternity bras for now.. Since not breastfeeding yet.

fluffy, for my previous pregnancy I was wearing my normal wire bra with bra extensions till 2nd trimester, ard mid of 2nd trimester I buy those auntie bra fr CK dept store, no wire ones, cheap n comfy. Only wore nursing bra in hospital when and after delivery. Dun worry abt bb size cos its still early, enjoy ur er ren si jie as much as possible, cos nite shift gonna start in a few mths ahahhah

Lisa, kkh subsidized patient need to que very long like go poly-clinic , u see diff doc every visit. I understand u need to get referral fr polyclinic then can go for subsidized rate, tink only can stay b2 or c during delivery. I am with gynae who delivers at thomson or MtA. As I stay in sengkang, I chose Dr Adrian Woodworth cos its near my hm. He has package so from now till b4 delivery, all scan n vitamins inclusive, need to pay additional for duphaston or 3D scans in thomson. He got alot of patients n he is a man of few words and talk very fast, some ppl nt comfy with him. He wont say much if there's nothing to worry. He talk to me n my hb for half an hr for 1st bb n I tell u I rather he dun talk to me.....This time round, he talk to me for 10 mins, nt so bad. I find it more convenient n charges abt the same as kkh pte suite. kkh pte suite tink got no pkg, charge per visit.

Hi mummies..

wanted to ask for ur opinions regarding work as I saw someone posted on finding out pregnancy on confirmation day.

I'm in similar situation just that my confirmation required medical c/up to be done and after informing my hr that I'm 6weeks preg, she mentioned she had to consult GM on her decision if I can be confirmed w/o going for medical c/up. On the same day evening, my boss inform me that GM has decided to defer my confirmation for 1 month citing performance not met. And the following day, my immediate boss told me management has decided to ask me resign as expectations not met at work..

I'm at a total loss as I'm expecting no. 2 and althoughy hubby is working too, it is a substantial loss of income.. I have checked with MOM and they need to have proof that my termination is connected to pregnancy which i strongly feel it was.
What would you mummies do? tomorrow I will be speaking to my GM and reason out but I'm not holding high hopes
sad.gif

rer-rer,
thanks for ur advices! yes yes i am planning my baby-moons once after wk 12. The first one on wk 12 day 2! wahaha.. now is the period I am the queen at home.. but i know it'll only be for few months more til another royal prince/princess arrives and wears the crown. LOL`

Hello, Good Morning. I took abt 3hrs to read all the post.....I just tested positive today, got a gut feel, thou most of the time tested did not get what I wanted. I got a 1yr+ girl. Had 2 mc before I got my girl.

I always think that I shld go to see Doc around 7-8 weeks is the best, because I went to see doc for my girl only around then....My 1st time I went to see at Week 5 ended up in mc....

I am still scare for now...scare anything can happen. So i dunno to see earlier or not. Base on goggling, my EDD is end July. The last few days, but I think I will give birth earlier.

Okie, thats all folks for now.
happy.gif

Oh I got not much symtoms except for cramps like my @ss and down there going to crack 2-3 days ago...but okie after a while. No sore boobs, nothing.......

Hi dimum,
I haven let my boss know yet I'm worried too as I only give verbally confirmation then I was tested positive on the day of my confirmation.
I'm happy abt my Peggy as I had mc b4 so I treasure it my preggy now.piority is bb.
U can try asking ur house MP to help as I feel co is in the wrong plus govt is promoting child birth so they will help those mummies whom need help.Jia you!!

Oh gosh hv spotting since last nite later shall check with gynae can I go down to see her as I'm quite worried plus hv mc b4,I'm feeling more scared.
Pray hard !!

Hi thng
happy.gif
thank for ur advice.. I'll try and see if I can get it to MOM If the discussion today doesn't go as plan.
Take care!

Good morning mummies!

Thng, take care!

Di, as long as you can prove that your performance is not below expectations, they cannot ask you to leave. If your boss has not been giving feedback where are your shortfalls and how to improve, they cannot anyhow take things into own hands. You can talk to mom first and let HR know what would be your actions. I'm guessing they will prob ask you to stay or ask u to leave but pay you ur maternity leave.

morning mummies..

Thng, my first day of last menses was on 10 oct, how come u is at week 5 and mine is at week 7? hehe..how u get ur week?

Good morning mummies

Thng, take care and go see gynae. You may need mc for bed rest too if u r working. Are you already on duphaston?

Di, feel sorry for you. But I hold the same view as Mai NE, if the company did not give you feedback of your below expectation performance during the last 6 months and now tell you that ur performance is poor doesn't sound right and reasonable. Perhaps, you may want them to tell you specifically where you did not do well rather than a general statement like "you didn't meet expectation...".
Hope the best on the outcome on your talk with ur GM today.

good morning ladies..

I put my #1 to bed each night and he loves to head butt his head into my tummy when he sleeps...how?? hubby sometimes need to work at night and #1 only likes to be put to bed by me

Morning everyone!!

Di, sorry abt ur situation. Feel bad for u. All the best for ur talk later.

Thng, take care ya.

Fluffy, u walk in to see dr tham on sat ah?? I think you shld be happy that bb is growing so well!! Doubt hubby will agree to babymoon due to unable to get leave and my spotting history so he might be worried

Lots of newcomers! Welcome all!

Back