(2012/06) Jun 2012

I've been eating lots of junks this pregnancy. I rarely call my mum and everytime I call her she'll just asked about #1. Hahaha..
Very different when I was preggy with #1 last time. She'll ask me do I eat ice cream, junks, maternal milk, coke etc. In the end scold me if I don't drink maternal milk or if I eat ice cream or those fruit juice with ice..

*Silly me need someone to scold before I change :$.

Eating spicy McNuggets and it's truly very spicy.. Btw, didn't know that McD still have their seaweed shaker if upsize! Just now saw someone shake then immediately upsize :p

Only kkh don't allow hb to go in nia!Private hospital allow
happy.gif

Mommies here's sharing one photo idea for those who intend to DIY. Do check out Artcow to use your photos and make it into a photo book. Way cheaper then doing it in Singapore.
6974223.jpg

Received my Lamaze cloth book, bought from Gmarket: Seller - Little Mango Place. *Thumbs up* This one cost about $22.
6974224.jpg

Just managed to sit on bed after a long boring day.. early morning washed bedsheets n quilt cover. then went The Forum for the Drypers pre natal yoga with hb.
Very informative! Not like any pre natal yoga session. it was more like an antenatal class other than not teaching you about delivery options.
The teacher is pro natural n very good in presenting her ideas across.
happy.gif
Even my hb who refused to go was happy after the class.
Went Mariott for high tea after class @ 3.30pm. Shiok! though i didn't eat alot, but it was the shiok feeling that i could eat! I think i was just having tummy upset last week. Everything is back to normal now
happy.gif

Jul: today got rain meh?? Sun so hot! i sun my sheets for 1hr niah, it totally dried liao.. first time ever. usually muz hang at least half a day.

Post Natal
I will be using air con 24/7. cause they say cannot use fan to blow on us. will get rheumatism. air con is cool temp in room. not direct wind. i think it's better than fan. anyway fan is hot air!

So excited to go gynae appt tmr. then going massage @ 10am after 9am appt
happy.gif

Robinsons Sale
May 1st will have sale. though i didn't receive pamphlet, the staff already mentioned that there will be members' sale. just ain't sure if there will be the additional voucher discount though.
I intend to buy the avent cook n blend bundled set if the voucher promo is there. otherwise i'll buy it at regular price with the 20%+20% since i don't need the bundled accessories..
might also buy the babysafe mattress for my playpen w/o measuring size. since got 35days exchange/refund policy. buy first measure later.. haha...

Ya today is super warm! Went to church and after lunch had a bad headache so had to go home. Turned on the aircon and slept a few hours till headache went away. Didn't even have appetite to eat dinner since I can't taste anything due to flu, so I had a slice of swiss roll, low fat milk and a bowl of chocolate ice cream :p I think I can't survive without the aircon 24/7 also..

Petrina, how come your hubby didn't want to go for the prenatal yoga class? Do you need to pay for the Drypers class?

Robinsons sale: wonder if it applies to beauty products. I need to get Clarins face powder and if they sell clothes dryer rack leifheit brand one.

Will go on 1st may with hubby. Hehe

nattan: my hb nvr keen in these free classes. they say yoga. so he was like ermm, i not interested. so i said muz be couple then can attend so he went along. who knows it wasn't yoga. it was a very informative pre delivery breathing and stretching techniques class. he enjoyed it as much as i did.
no need to pay. tat time i attached a link to Drypers fb.. just register. they dun have it all the time. u need to catch the timing they advertise, only 14 couples.

fleur: counter products only 10% on top of whatever package they offer. cause it's not robinsons' products. they rent the counter. so usually those big discounts not valid for counter products.

Petrina

It did thunder n drizzle for a while in the pm at my place. But worse than real rain afterwards. I keep counting down to when i can drink coconut haha

Mummies, things cropped up at home and I'm considering to do without a confinement nanny. I think Nattan also right? Can mummies pls advise what I can do?

1) order confinement tingkat?
2) boil herbs for bath?
3) ??

Morning mummies... looks like it's finally going to rain...

Chris, you can drink coconut in the last 3-4 weeks. But don't need to drink it everyday.. once every few days is good enough else could be too cooling.

Hopecg, yeah, I'm going to DIY. I'm just going to order tingkat and get a part time cleaner. Not going to boil herbs for bath and what not. I thought you're getting the herbal shower gel?

Chris

I don't really know, but according to MIl, only in the final mth, which is.. week 33 or 36, depending on whetehr you count backwards from 40 weeks or 37 weeks haha

Oh but yours will be Csec, so shd know the date more accurately right?

hopecg

Guess confinement tingkat will be a must. For showering, depends on whether you wanna shower with herbs, or with the special shower gel, or heck care.

If you wanna drink a lot of red date tea, better buy the ingredients coz the tingkat gives 1 big foodcourt tabao bowl eevry time, with 1 big same-sized bowl of herbal soup. At least, from my experience with Natal Essentials.

Laundry will be by washing machine, I presume? Do you have a helper or a Part-timer to do the household chores?

Anyone to help you with baby? Eg if bathing baby yourself, you may wanna prepare more gadgets like bathing stand, changing table, diaper organisers etc to help you out. Stock up on more sundries like those cotton balls etc so you aws have them on hand.

As for feeding, make sure u have enough bottles & FM, if u're feeding FM. Make sure you have enough snacks in the hse if BF-ing, coz I was aws hungry during BF-ing haha

Think many people are on leave tdy? So envious haha. Kinda regret not taking the day off. Nvm tomorrow's a PH! Yippee!

hi groovy, is normal to eat more hehehe in fact my gynae has been asking me to eat more and more hehehe cos bad MS in 1st trimeter so din eat muchieee....

yeah anyone has C-Sec in TMC before huh? do they give out a binder huh? yeah thinking of preparing all tins in case hehehe

oh yes, anyone of u try the sacred tea selling in mum n babe huh? hrd is good to induce milk flow hehe any seocnd time mum try before....issit really good? if good, wan to order and store first heheh
happy.gif

anyone of you going to a chinese master for calcuation of baby name huh? initally my hubby wanted one in toa payoh but that shifu takes 7-14 days to see him.....hmmhmm seems a bit long leh ...any recommendation huh?
happy.gif
how muchie you all paying huh?

hi petrina : great to hear that u are eating well....

hi jul : yes, is a good weather day today to laze around doing nuttin ..yeah saw a lot of people at clinics last nite, tink a lot getting MCs for today .......to extend long weekend .....

happy.gif

Raining this morning, decided to stop by ya kun before walking to office.

This week is my 34 week! So fast! I have started drinking coconut. Last time my #1 is born in 37 weeks so I better drink more starting now.
Just bought 3 coconut from NTUC, promotion 3 for $3.10. So cheap! Going to devour it this week. hehehe..

Just received SMS from my Mom that both my parents are going to go to Kupang (West Timor) on 25-30 May to visit my grandma's burial ground as it's the 1000 days memorial :S.
Jialat I dream my baby is born on 23 May leh. Huhu.. Dunno will be true or not. The funny thing is on my dream, my baby is born, then I'm the one asking my mom when is the date and she answer 23 May.

For my #1 last time I dream when she's born, and I check the date myself, 29 September. Only missed 1 day when she's born (28 September).

Huhu anyway I have my maid to helps me during confinement. But still very afraid if #1 starts to get cranky.

groovy

What's your EDD? Mine is also in 34th week, & my No1 also came out on 37 weeks on the dot. Are you gog to TMC? maybe we'll meet there haha

sunbelle

I haven't Csec but the gynaes will aws issue binder for Csec. Either the clinic sells it, or they will get from the TMC pharmacy - that's what my frens tell me lah.

Haha I wish I could have taken MC, but already took half day leave on Fri. better come in & clear some work.

Finally, I took leave today and have some time back at SMF... hope that coming 2 weeks work load is reduced so that I can chat with you gals..
Think I got to csec at 4th week May..
Jul,I also on half day on friday to do my scans..

A lot of my colleagues are also away today, either leave or out stationed. Office is very quiet today. I didn't take leave cos I'm planning to take one on Fri. Got things to clear with my Director also. Just gonna take it easy today...

Even though it rained, I still feel very warm and the humidity is making me a bit giddy :p Office aircon is like non-existent... feels stuffy...

Charmaine, nattan

I'm feeling very tired & warm & stuffy in office too. Have a feeling the stupid maintenance people lowered the aircon coz of the weather. Duno why they must be so encvironmentally-conscious till the staff's health suffer
sad.gif

Chris

Ah.. Then like that how? Anyway your No1 came out when?

I'm on leave today. Saw gynae this morn. He say most probably last week i was having food poisoning. So today my wt no change. Baby head down, placenta moved up. Baby 2171 @ 33wks. Having my pre natal massage now in paragon. Bought trial voucher at stemcord seminar last mth.

Morning Ladies!

I’m also at work today. Train very empty…hehe…but I don’t mind coming in today la…tons of things to clear since it’s month end. Not much of Monday Blues given that it’s a public holiday tomo and I’ll be off on Wed for my checkup. J

So tempted to drink coconut water now, thanks to the stupid weather. It’s the humidity that totally drains me. I have never sweated that much in my life other than the times where I exercise.

Took down the baby room’s curtains to wash – realized it’s been 2 years since we washed the curtains.

My sinus is really acting up. I sound very nasal and my nose is so blocked.

Jul

Based on your past experience, there could be a high change you are one of the first few to pop by end of this month hor. Are you going to drink coconut water now?

Hopecg

Since you decided to do without your CL, then best to simplify things. Less headache and you can be less stressed.

jul > gotta tak things as it cm bah. Cos i tink my gynae wan2 wait till bb wt is rt b4 confirmin. Nw i m takin aspirin, so also hv to stop for awhile prior csec. Else bleedin wil nt stop. My #1 loves my tummy. Sty in ther til full term stil refuse to cm out, bt gynae advice me to induce cos he afraid bb mayb too big for me to go natural lor.

Petrina, congrats.. your baby is in a good position and weight. Enjoy your pampering today
happy.gif

ssmilezz, I'm still having flu so my sinus is also blocked, can't smell or taste anything :p

BTW, if you ladies have a PAssion EZLink Card, can go to Guardian to enjoy 25% discount! I only found out yesterday when I went to buy Vit C tablets.

smilezz

Did you send me your mailing address for the fenugreek? *scratch head* (Having amnesia from preggie hormones & lack of sleep)

Nope, won't drink now. Scared too 'liang' & bring forward my delivery! I till try to 'ren' till 11 May that weekend bah, when I'm 35 weeks? Hopefully can enjoy 2 weeks of coconut before I pop haha

Chris

Oh then induction din work out so ended up Csec liao huh?

I think mine isn't v comfy in my tummy. They both seem to want to squeeze out to 'see the world.'

nattan

Thanks for the update! I wonder if I have anything left to buy from Guardian. Not everything is on 25% right?

Jul: call your mgmt office to adjust air con. They can do it one.

I woke up at 5plus and only slept at 7plus until now.
Somehow my rashes on legs became from rough bumps to red dots. Anyone know why?

Other areas like back thigh and butt seem to be itchy the moment I step out of air con room but with AC my nose sinus act up n become block.

Petrina: congrats that placenta is up and be weight is gd How did ur gynae chk it? Thru VE?
Enjoy ur massage
happy.gif

Chris

I aws have this thinking that induction is not 'natural'. As in, it's forcing the body to speed up the process when it's not ready. Dunno if I'm wrong, but I hear many stories of induction leading to emergency Csec very often. So I'm quite scared that I need to induce.

fleur

Cannot. It's for the whole bldg one *hiaz*

Have u been scratching the rashes? My son will scratch & his rashes will become red dots, then will dlowly heal & fade.

Checking of placenta position is through ultrasound scan.

nattan

Thanks a lot! Can pop into Guardian when I go to Robinsons tomorrow for my Babysafe mattress
happy.gif

thanks all for sound advice!
am hoping things will be smooth during that time too.. cos like previously, i dun have #1 to look after either.. but nw i have to consider him too.. so hopefully the helper can do the job alright.. i've been fine w her dealing with my #1 till nw.. only thing is dunno if my mum will start to nag if i dun haf a confinement nanny.. actually on a typical day, she n my helper care for my #1.. so it's like 2 adults to a kid.. then confinemnet period should be 3 adults (incl me) to a kid and nb.. haha.. the ratio theory dunno will work well nt.. =/ but still considering ar.. seems like not much preparation needed or at least no need to prep too much beforehand =)

groovy
may be able to bump into you! hopefully it's you discharge, i come in! tryin to get induced delivery on 17th!

afternoon...on leave today & lazing around the whole morning. guess for those in the office today, should be relaxed mood as well.

would be going to interview for the maid later, gotta brainstorm what kinda questions to ask them thru video conference later.anyone has such experience?

just bought a policy over the weekend for pregnancy & delivery thus went through my 20th month FA scanning report. its only now then i realize my placenta position is anterior, but not low-lying. this placenta position is different from my #1. anyone having such placenta position? any cause of concern?

jul > ya lor induce is nt entirely natural n its super painful for me. Tink if u r successful in natural b4, u shld b fine. Dont worry too much. Its really beyond our control.

Hormones acting up on me liao. #1 was super cranky yesterday late aftrn. Cried hysterically. Nvr seen him lik tis b4. N he jus refuse to let me comfort him, only wan his dad. Bt hubby also doesnt knw hw to comfort him. Feel so helpless n so sad. End up cryin til abt 3am b4 fallin aslp.
sad.gif

Is ther any nice comedy serial whic i cn watch? Nd to gt sm laughing gas in me b4 nasty hormones start actin up again.

Had a nice dim sum lunch - minced pork and dried vege congee, siew mai and har gao, plus iced coffee and green tea ice cream. Would have been a lot nicer if I could actually taste and smell what I was eating :p Now super full and baby is kicking and pressing my right side again! I think he's definitely feeling the space constraint...

Chris, I dunno what comedy serial to watch but I'm looking forward to watching Dark Shadows, the latest Johnny Depp horror comedy
happy.gif
the trailer looks funny...

Huhu.. Nowadays feels like so much thing to do but my brain doesn't want to work. Very very lazy.
Hasn't packed my hospital bag yet. Need to pack my desk too becoz my office going to move upstairs.

Btw, is robinsons sale in 1st May confirmed? I need to buy 1 more side panel for ordinary bed to be converted into toddler bed for my #1..

Chris, watch The Noose from xinmsn catch up TV?

Didn't log on at all yesterday. It was really a resting day for me, just laze arnd in bed. Had a long nap after my pre-natal massage. Ending the night cuddling with hubby while watching dvd. By the end of the day, my feet finally looks normal size again ;)

My appt this morning was ok. There's good news and bad news.

GOOD
1) Urine and blood pressure are all OK.
2) I loss a bit of weight this week. Surprisingly!
3) Baby gain some healthy 200g in 1 week. She's measuring 2kg at 33 weeks and considered average size.

BAD
1) Placenta is still low and baby is still transverse.
2) C-sect to be scheduled by the end of the May.
3) I'll have to do the home glucose test tmr and if I fail them I'll be on insulin
sad.gif

4) I'm spotting again. If it gets worse or it's fresh blood they're going to take her out asap.

So I'm still on bedrest and on hormone pills for the rest of the pregnancy.

Petrina, congrats. Everythg seems to be going as planned for u.

Sacred Nursing Tea

Current Price : $38 Per pkt with free normal postage

PROMOTION PRICE

• 2 pkts order @ $32 per pack with free normal postage
•3 pkts order and above @ $30 per pack with free normal postage
•7 Pkts @$30 per pack + 1 FULL PAck FOC with free normal postage

Add $2,24 for registered mail ( highly recommended as we are not responsible for lost mail by singpost)
Expiry Date : April 2013
Payment to POSB SAV 038210246
READY STOCK - you may proceed for payment upon order

Details of sacred tea here
http://www.originsjamumassage.com/Sacred-Tea.html

NEW PRODUCT LAUNCHED
Belly Hipster Wrap

Every Wish you can Trim your Tummy and Hips at the same time ?
Make your wish come true by using Belly Hipster Wrap, an all in one tummy and hip binder that targets both tummy and hip. It is simple to wear, time saving and getting 2 effects at the same time.

Suitable for all women, especially beneficial for after pregnancy

Belly Hipster Wrap is a MustHave in Every woman Wardrobe

Grab your Belly Hipster Wrap -" Your Postpartum Trimmer" Today at a Promo price of $49.90 ( UP $55.90) during our mother's day Sale

Got this email from origins jamu !

any mummies know if this belly hipster wrap is good? wonder if i should get and also when is it advisable to use ( which week after birth) ? or any better products to introduce?

Also the confinement shower gel and the ginger cream, just buy one each enough already right?

I also week 34!! Gonna start drinking coconut once a week till i hit week 36 and twice a week, should be ok.!

Wondering if any mummies know that in Singapore, can the baby follow the mother's surname instead of the father even though the parents are married?

Jasmine, bcos I failed my GD test so I have to do a home glucose test once a week to monitor my diet and glucose level in blood. I failed the home glucose test again last week so Doc is on the verge of giving me insulin
sad.gif

Re: Coconut juice, how early and how frequent should we drink them? What does it do?

Sel

Good to know the good news but don’t be too disheartened by the bad news. Continue to rest well and spend quality time with your hub to keep your spirits up. Rest rest rest k? That’s the best thing you can really do right now.

Petrina

So your girl turned down again? She seems to be having fun inside turning here and there. J Keeping my fingers cross for you that she stays down from now onwards.

Chris

What sort of shows you looking at? You prefer English? Chinese? Korean? Cantonese? Hehe..at least we know how to recommend some shows. I watch more kdramas/kvarieties and also listening to a lot of kpop. J Hardly watch anything on tv nowadays. Mostly watch online. That’s my only form of relaxation…other than my dogs and exercise.

Jul

Not yet leh..i never log online to pay you yet. L Will email you once I get down to it.

Fleur

Issit heat rash?? I have been getting heat rash on and off – thanks to the crazy weather.

Sel, just have a good rest and don't stress out too much..

Re coconut, pls see previous posts above on frequency... it's suppose to help make the delivery smoother. But this could be old wives' tales.. not scientifically proven, only anecdotally. Don't take too early cos it's cooling and could induce labour.

Cleopatra, any reason why the baby should have mother's surname if parents are both married?

Oh I see. 2nd at week 33 shld consider healthy weight. Hmm does it means that my baby weight 2.3 at 32th indicates that I have GD? So stress! Any signs for GD?

Nathan : Because currently my husband surname is his stepfather's not his real father and not in good terms so thinking of putting mine instead. But i only know can put both surname like Amy Tan-Lin + chinese name. Share both surname instead. But not sure if can just put mother's surname coz in singapore automatically the child follows the father... but i doubt any mummies will have this issue if married only single mummies the child can follow their surname. Think have to call ICA to check liao.

Any mummies also bought the baby cot from sheares at 299 sgd from the baby fair in feb by mother n baby? have they called n delivered to u ?

Back