(2012/04) Apr 2012

Cheeekieduckie: don eat too much KFC...heard d chicken inject lots of hormones into it. Can eat but maybe once a mth lor... Mac donalds too..esp chicken n nuggets .. I m not sure if is really true, heard ppl mentioning but ever watched frm youtube seems true :/

Lotusmun: I drink annma milk too but vanilla flavour. I used to drink S-26 but later don quite like the taste.. Tried lots of samples clinic gav me.. Still ok I can accept annma vanilla taste. tink drinking milk somehow will increase our weight too
proud.gif
.. Haha feel abit fat liao..wahahah!

Can anyone update on the gmil sale details? Thinking to go on this Thurs if possible but dunno the location and operation hour.

Wow wow wow! Reading all the posts about having a boy/girl is making me feel like shifting my appt earlier!

Failed to see the gender during the previous 2 check ups and my detailed scan is this coming friday when i'll be 20 wks and 4 days!

and yessss I agree the girls stuff looks soooooo tempting to buy yet nothing much fancy for the boys.. booo..

I have zero clue though as to whether its more likely to be a girl or boy! excitingg!

Thanks ni for the info, just in time for shopping after my detailed scan on friday! hehehe! =p

Mommies who are going to gmil sale, may I know how are you getting there? I don't drive so likely to take bus.. Just to check if the bus stops shown on the map far from the building?

Ms Tan
I took milk because I want my lo to grow bigger but I don't want to grow fat... Anyway, I think my body can't take the milk powder... Haiz...

Toking abt wgt gain, I have put on 6-7kgs and I am only in my 20plus week. Only intend to put on 15-16kgs but it seems impossible. Must watch my diet now.

Might head down to Gmil sale on Fri but not sure if there will be any gd deal for guys as it seems like alot of ladies have mentioned nice clothings for gals..

Mommies,
is it too late to use the anti stretch mark oil now given that I'm already 20 weeks pregnant? I used to use it daily for no.1, so didn't have much. but for this pregnancy, I'm lazy, and didn't use.. so feeling the itch now and my hb kept asking me to use daily in order to maintain my"market value".. :-\

Hi all mummies, just wanted to ask, at 21 weeks, roughly how much body weight should we gain? The doctor says my baby boy is very very small and light but I've been eating alot more than before. o.o

Lotusmum, yes, you should use as and when you remember, best you can do it daily.

Cheryl, you may want to check the archive threads as I've posted a link on weight gain by the weeks. What you eat that matters, not amount.

Cheryl: yes. Agree that we should try to eat healthy balanced meals. Eating a whole lot of junk food will only cause ourselves to become unhealthy and gain a lot of unnecessary weight. Everyone will need to put on a different range of weight depending on how tall we are, and our inital starting weight.
In general, smaller build ladies can afford to gain like 12-14kg or more, medium size ladies about 10-12kg, and the bigger ladies 8-10kg. Something like that lar.

Week by Week Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator
http://www.gurgle.com/tools/pregnancy_weight_gain_calendar/default.aspx

Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator
http://www.babycenter.com.sg/tools/weightgain/

Hi ladies.. morning.. quite long never post online..

Already done my detailed scan and i will be having another princess.. can save alot since lotsa passdown from my lil gal.. But also give me excuse to buy more for my current one.. haha.. spend and spend.. lol... I will going to the gmil sales on thursday morning. I will update you gals if it's good.

ethan.. so far you only gain 1 kg.. wah.. i already gained 8kg.. faintz.. hitting my 60kg mark.. haiz... just hope i dun put on more weights.. else i worry 2nd one will have problem slimming down =( #1 i gained 15kg.. but managed to lose all back once I started pumping exclusively =) hope this time rd will help...

Hi anise,
My low weight gain now is due to my constant vomitting lah...based on experience with #1, my weight will start ballooning fast after ms is gone...to the point that I gained like 1kg every other week, in the end got to test for gestational diab n put on strict diet n daily fingers pricks...
Overall I gained like 12kg, baby is only 3kg at birth. My weight went off mostly by full month. I think the post natal massage by the Malay lady helps, I lost abt 1kg everyday from the massage period. Of coz, the breastfeeding helps too!

Ethan.. wah.. u lost back all the weight u gained within a month.. your malay masur must be good. share share your contact.. i still looking ard for one.. I gained 15 kg and my bb weight 2.93kg only.. This rd i think i must control coz i have been eating lotsa junks..

Hi,

I have following items for sale:

1. BRAND NEW Pigeon wipes with casing (multiple): $4.90
Usual: $7.90

2. BRAND NEW Tommee Tippee 0-3m Pacifier (x1): $4

3. BRAND NEW Pigeon Milk Bottles (x1): $13 each
Wide Neck, Peristaltic Nipple, BPA Free, 240ml

4. PRE-LOVED Organza Cloth for Maternity Shots: $8
White with Shimmer, 3M long, Used only once.

Collection at Sengkang MRT.
Pls email me at [email protected] for photos.

EsterNg: Cot will last longer than playpen. Playpen usually only 2 heights. If you have elderly looking after baby for you, will be stressful on their backs. Playpen also not as stable as cot.
But I do know a lot of people who bought playpen for their kids lar. Personal preference i guess. My #1 uses a cot at home. I got a playpen for my bbsitter.

I prefer the cot, esp the one that convert to a toddler bed. My gal used her till she was almost 3 years old.

Now i'm gona use it for #2. Super worth the deal
happy.gif

Hi ladies,

All this conversation about weight gain is very interesting. My weight gain is quite a lot. I'm in my 23 week (or 22 weeks 2 days) and i've gained about 7 KG already - i started at 53 KG and now already at 60KG - quite depressing.

happy.gif
My first pregnancy i started at 42 KG and ended up at 60KG and i didn't lose my pregnancy weight at all - keep eating and weight hovered around 50 KG. Also i'm very short about 152 cm only.

sad.gif

I've also got a low lying placenta - placenta previa. Hopefully it will move up - will keep you guys updated.

Baby furniture - for those who intend to breastfeed you can consider this - i used it for my first child - it was a hand me down and i will use it for my second too. It's called a co sleeper and can last for about first 6 months after which you can transition to a cot.

http://www.armsreach.com/

6411767.jpg

EsterNg, it greatly depends on what kind of sleeping habit do you want to establish for the little one.

I've used a playpen for day and super single bed for night for my girl, reason being I do not want to go through the hassle of transiting from cot to bed. I reckon I'll do the same for no.2, however, no.2 will need to sleep with me at night till after 4 or 6 mths then join jie jie.

If you intend to use a playpen, good to invest in a good mattress. The one that comes with it sucks big time.

Mel, been looking for this arm-reach, care to find out for me where did they get it? Is yours the mini or the orignal size?

Hi MeinMe,

My cousin bought it from Mums & Babses http://www.mumsandbabes.com.sg/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1&Itemid=3.

I just called them to ask if they still sell it and they said that they don't sell it anymore.

So i'm not sure where you can buy it now.

It's like one of the best inventions if you ask me. I just reach over and scoop my baby up when he cried and feed him immediately. Mine is the original size. I used it for 6 months - then moved my son to a cot.

Alternatively you can buy a cot, lower the side and pull the cot right beside your bed.

happy.gif

Good luck in your search.

Actually i did the lower the side of cot and put the cot beside my bed. So no need to spend extra money to buy extra stuff.
Now having a headache trying to move #1 into the toddler bed in her own room. Maybe tonight I will try to move the entire cot into the room first. Once she gets used to the room, then i try to move her to the bed. hahahahaha...
Moving the kid is easiest when the kid is young. The older the kid, the more resistance. I do not believe in kid sleeping on my bed with us at night. Nap still ok.

Hi CheekyDuckie,

Good for you. My son still sleeps with me and hubby in our bed. We've tried everything - even getting him to sleep in his own bed beside our bed also very difficult.

My son is sooo sticky to me - he must fall asleep in my arms every night cuddling me. Once, he sleep, we move him to the centre of the bed. When he wakes up and find himself not in mummy's arms, he will quickly tap me on the shoulder to wake me up and say he wants cuddles - which i have to cuddle him and he will fall back asleep. He's 3.

happy.gif

So now not sure where poor little number 2 is going to sleep.

Mel: Same situation as u. My son also 3, refuses to slp in his own room. He needs me to slp with him and if I am not on d bed when d light is out, he will call out for me. He's been telling me that when didi is born, he still wan slp wif me while didi will slp with daddy.. Headache.

I also have this prob. I bf my son until 3, so when we co slp, he got access to his buffet!! After we came back to sg, I wean him off and send him to slp in his room. Dh will accompany him until he slp but he will find his way to my bed at the wee hours. Tried for 2 weeks, we gave up. Now my queen size bed is too small to fit in the 3 of us, he will find space at our leg area. And now he is 5!

Now when no.2 comes, dh will slp with him permanently until he is settle down and I will slp with baby. My dilemma is whether I Wana co slp with baby or put him in cot.

Mel, Qiqi, my #1 is 18months old. I am gonna work real hard to move her out. It will just get harder and harder. Until maybe they can totally understand stuff, which might be like Primary 1?
This thing hor, is really, 1 wrong step and u regret for a long time. If not for our laziness, we would have moved her out since a long time ago. She still needs her in the middle of the night milk. And we are too lazy to walk in and out.

My gal also sleeps with us but on the mattress beside my bed. Sigh. We did up her room so nicely but she only plays inside, refuse to sleep there.

Say at night must hold my hand! Faint! She's 4 this year.

Asked her where didi gona sleep and she replied With kah kah in her room! * double faint *

Eh same here - my son says that Didi can sleep with us when he is born but that Daddy will hug Didi and mummy will hug him.

happy.gif

From what i noticed for parents with this sort of problems - the second child usually ends up sleeping in another room or a mattress beside the main bed cos there just isn't any space on the main bed - since number one owns that space!

kekekekeke

We also did up his room nicely for my son with nice bedsheets, toys etc but he just won't sleep there.

Not to scare anyone but i know of someone whose son and daughter still sleeps with them all in one room - but on mattresses all joined together - and their son and daughter are like 10 and 8!!!

This will surely be me in the near future i reckon

happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Sighz. Same same. We went to get her a nice bed, nice sheets, decorate, but she just simply refuse to sleep there. Can change her, drink milk, but cannot sleep. ARGGGG... Don't care, tonight start sleep training again!

wow. Thanks mummies for sharing. My daughter turning two this month. After reading your experiences, i think i must start her early to be able to sleep in her own room.
My new & 1st maid coming on this Sat. Arranging maid to sleep in daughter's room. Currently daughter is sleeping in a low cot besides our bed in MBR.
By April, I will surely need the newborn to b beside me cos breastfeeding. So daughter will have to be able to sleep in her own room by then.
Prob will need to negotiate this arrangement slowly through these coming months before april comes! What a challenge!! I also cannot bear to put daughter in her own room cos she have been sleeping with us since born. But i guess i dun have a choice now. =(
Anyone with success stories to share regarding this? TIA! =)

I have friends that kids are 6 & 14, all sleep in same room, another one is kid is 14 years old too! They can still make out in the room!

My girl wanted a bunk bed, we changed bunk bed for her, initially she'll sleep on top 'floor' for nap and 2nd 'floor' for night, recently, she changed bed with auntie, auntie sleeps 2nd 'floor' while she sleeps pull out bed!

We are going to dismantle the bunk to make it 2 singles for her.

Mommies
I can't share much about lo sleeping in her own room, cos my no.1 has been sleeping in her room since young and instead of her sharing my room, i'll share her room.. At times, i'll sleep in her room together with her on the mattress on the floor.. Sometimes, papa will join in, leaving the mbdr empty.. My girl sleeps on mattress on the floor, no cot bed for her..

MeinMe
Wow.. Your friend must be quite power to make out in the presence of the children whereby they are already old enough to know what is going on..
I also have a friend whose son is around 7 yo and has been sleeping in their room, so one day, this boy told my hb that he saw his daddy and mommy hips grinding, we nearly fainted when we heard that and his parents are embarrassed.. You never know if this child did share the same story with his friends in school..

hi all! sorry to interupt. i have the following items to let go, they are all BNIB, sealed and with tag, and not opened before.

1) Mothercare Wide Neck Bottle @ $15 (RP $27.00, selling at 45% discount)
(http://www.mothercare.com.sg/productdetail.asp?pid=233064)

6414826.jpg

- As your perfect baby feeding partner we're here to help you every step of the way. Our bottle range has been developed to help create a feeding experience that is comforting for baby and easy for you.

- Wide neck bottle 120ml 3pk BPA free

- Anti-rolling lid, will not roll on the floor, so keeps bottle sterile.

- Wide neck easy to fill and easy to clean.

- Soft silicone teat ideal for newborns.

- Easy grip for ultimate comfort.

- Non-slip base so stays upright.

- Extra feature of the anti-colic ring (sold separately)

- BPA Free

2) Mothercare Blue Car Stripes Snoozie Sleeping Bag 0-6months @ $18 (RP $35.00, selling at 40% discount)
http://www.mothercare.com/Stripes-Snoozie-Sleeping-Bag-Tog/dp/B003UU69IE?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_16&nodeId=44409031&sr=1-16&qid=1323197379

6414827.jpg

• The cosy dozing bag for little sleepy heads!
• Keeps baby warm when feeding or comforting at night
• Baby is less likely to wake up from kicking off the covers
• Choose from different seasonal tog ratings to adapt to changing temperatures
• Helps baby feel secure in unfamiliar surroundings such as in a different bed or on holiday
• Removes the risk of your baby getting tangled up in bedding
• Unzips from the bottom, ideal for changing your baby's nappy in the middle of the night
• Lined in soft 100% cotton jersey, with fully enclosed seams so there are no rough edges
• Unlike a blanket the Snoozie allows baby to move arms and legs freely

3) Farlin Pregnancy Wedge Pillow $15 (RP $30, selling at 50% discount)
(http://www.farlin.com.tw/products-maternity_08.html)

6414828.jpg

This is an ergonomically correct pillow which is perfect for side sleepers and provides essential comfort for the future mothers, reducing torsion stress on lower back allowing them to get rid of aches and pregnancy back pain and renewing morning vigour and energy.

Can meet up at raffles place or city hall mrt to transact. Will give further discount if buying 2 or all items above. Pls PM me if interested, thanks!

Hi mummies,
For my #1, we let him sleep in his own room from when he was born. He started with cot then graduated to single bed with the safety bed rail. It helped that I was not totally bfing.

For #2, she was co-sleeping with me till ard 2 when I weaned her off. Then I encouraged her to go sleep with her older brother in the other room. We would lie down with her till she went to sleep. After a few months, we don't even have to lie down with her to get her to sleep.

For #3, will do the co-sleeping first as I want to tbf again. Too tiring to have to get up in the middle of the night!

From my own experience, I think its impt to try to get #1 to sleep on their own even if it is more tiring for parents. Easier to encourage #2 to join them in another room later on as #2s will like to emulate their older sibling.

Try to get my boy to slp with his dad yday but failed. Was crying so badly tt I have no choice but let him slp with me again. After lying down nxt to me, he stopped crying and was able to fall aslp fast.

We told him once didi is born, he needs to slp with daddy in his new room and once didi is old enuff, will slp wif him..

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+2">ME</font></font>!!!! No agenda, I just want to go check out the Babysafe stuffs.

Last night, "spring clean" all the boxes, bags in my girl's room!!! I need to give away half of those loots because she has outgrown them before she gets to wear it!!!! I have 1 bagful of NEW boy clothings from 6mths till 4T, don't know where the hell did I buy them from!!! Iremembered giving away quite a bit for b'day or parties!!!!

Morning Mummies..
Can mummies share what positions your babies are during your last gynae check?
For the past 3 months (4 scans) baby head was below. gynae gt say babies turn all sorts of positions, but then.. seems like she in a fix position, then told this to mom. she worry that during the 33rd week onwards baby will turn the opposite direction..
proud.gif
gosh.. then i asked around reg this. some ppl say worry that i will give birth earlier than scheduled.. now this has got me all worried.. haizz.. maybe theres some exercises that can help baby move move during this period..?

Imie: no need to worry. My #1 was in head down position from... ehh... very very early on too. And she stayed that way till delivery! 1 of my other girlfriends who recently delivered, also had her son in head down position since very early in the pregnancy. Some babies just like that position.

My #2 now, is in all sorts of position every time i scan. No fixed position so far.
Please don't try to do strange stuff to move the baby's position. Cos if you don't do it correctly, you might make things worse, e.g. umbilical cord goes around baby's neck.
As long as baby is not in a dangerous position, everything is ok.

lilcatus, i havent open my letterbox yet. i'll write here once i get the mailer to confirm!

imie, my baby is in breech position still. hopefully she will turn in the 3rd trimester. no wonder i keep feeling the kicks near the vagina area!

imie> My #1 was head down for 5 mths all the way till birth. Don't worry. I never did worry abt head down I am more worried if don't head down. It is said the head down can also mean bb head is heavier and also comfortable in that position. At least you can be assure you can have natural delivery.

Both my first 2 are head down since 5 mths. Think this lil one has also turned coz I felt all the kicks on top now. I delivered at 39 weeks for both. So no need to worry.

Back