(2012/04) Apr 2012

Haru, is the massage lady from origin jamu good? I am
Still thinking of engaging freelance Malay lady whom my friend recommend or from origin jamu

Bbliss - try not to use yaolan. My friend told me that her baby initially doesn't sleep in yaolan. After introducing yaolan to him, he won't sleep on bed anymore, only yaolan.

SSP - my baby is also active at night, sleepy in the morning. 1 to 1 n half hour is tedious. Is it not enough? That time I used to experience this.for the whole day, as she always fall asleep after 10min of latching, put her down for a while then she start her weeping. Finally I gave up and change to boTtle feed, as the milk intake is more, she only wakes up every 3-4h for feeding.

B@by: he feeds so frequently only at night and since late last week. Daytime is still ok with 3 to 4 hourly feeds. I kept some chilled expressed bm and if it persists, will prob take your advice and bottle feed.

Mummies, I just wipe myself after pee.. And found brownish and light pinkish mucus.. But there is no pain yet le. How?? Gynae appt this am 830..

Mrs Kang: Can call ur gynae and ask? That time I waited, 2 days brown discharge and 3rd day pinkish discharge and came with intense backache then I went hospital..

Desperate mum and mrs Kang: lemme know if u want my Malay massage lady contact, she is freelance..

Abdominal binder: I only wear it a few times after massage ended.. Ur uterus will still shrink back no matter what I guess, so wearing the binder doesn't really matter, it just helps to slim down ur tummy faster..

Yao Lan: I also refuse to give baby as scared baby must sleep there and nowhere else.. However I have also heard u can use it at night only so baby will differentiate, day time still will sleep on cot. But for me, don't take the chance lah.. Haha.

Cayden's mummy, I am having my gynae appt at 830 today.. So will see what he say later on.. Din not rush down to hospital coz no contraction pain le.. Althought is pinkish discharge.. Now I can't sleep.. Hoping the time pass faster to 8

Mrs kang: Ok that's great! Lucky ur gynae appt today.. When I had my baby my next appt was like a week later. Lol! Update us again! So exciting! Do more squats and walk more k!

Mummies, I am in TMC observation ward.. Hubby was sent to do registration.. Only 1cm dilated
sad.gif

The nurses say I still got long way to go.. Now i waiting for my gynae to come and see me whether he want to break the waterbag or induce me to make thing proceed faster..

I going back home.. Coz only 1cm dilated. And dr gave me 3 option , admit,go home and wait or induced. I choose to go home and wait
happy.gif

Mrs kang
Good luck! Sounds very familiar to me! Hehe

Mummies
I have to share this. Was feeling a little demotivated cos of my very pro-FM PD and baby not putting on weight and hubby casually mentioning "maybe ur milk is not thick enough". Couple with the fact that I was "forced" to express to "see how much you are giving your baby, maybe it's not enough" (words of PD), and it was a miserable amount. Used my single avent manual pump.

When you latch, you feel everything is ok. But when you pump, seeing the actual amont can be quite demoralising. But I peservered. Still continued to latch, still woke up at night to pump.

So last night I used the avent duo electric pump instead and I got more milk in less time! It's really true for me that diff pumps work differently on me. So just to share la. If you're in the same situation, very sian to see small amount of BM, try using another pump.

pinkbunny: same for me, i used avent single manual pump during my #1 days. so little milk! this time bot the ameda electric. very gd!

Mrs Kang: jia you!

Pinkbunny: must preservere! One thing must rmb is a baby's suckle is more powerful than a pump.. And yes my hubby used to say "maybe ur milk not thick enough", "ur milk not enough for baby"... Make me so angry! Newborn of cos feed every 1 or 2 hour is normal mah.. Always hungry means milk no Enuf meh. Lol. I went babycenter website and print screen the info to show him! Lolz..

Mrs Kang: ooh! Jiayou Wor.. That time I was also 0.5cm dilated but can't go home because my contractions were once every min but I don't feel pain..

Cayden's mummy, mine was abt once every 3 mins.. But my gynae ask me the pain scale 1-10 how much is the pain I say around 3 only.. Coz is like menses pain. Then he say can go home hehe

Mrs Kang: ya.. that time i had 2min contractions and no pain at all. then next few days still having contractions but also painless. till the 4th day then i decide to break waterbag instead of waiting. so go home is wise choice. might be a long wait
happy.gif

Lilcactus, ya that why I decided to go home coz i really not keen on inducing and my gynae also felt is soon either tonight or tomorrow.. now keep feeling the menses cramp pain..

Pink bunny: baby probably suckle more milk than u can pump out so not the most accurate way of telling how much your baby is getting. The breasts usu feel more empty after baby latching than using breast pump. I found that manual avent pump not very good to pump out bm when the breasts are no longer very full or engorged so i gave up on it after a while.

Mrs Kang: Jia you

I requested for early discharge cos my kids looking for me at Hm & i nv come bk yest they were crying..

Btw I have been breastfeeding yesterday & think I dun hav enough supply juz yet, baby crying juz nw and i fed her with a bottle of similac I took from hospital. Those ready to drink is 50ml per bottle & to my surprise, she finished all!!!

Btw I'm bought avent bottle but see. My baby mouth abit small & the nuk teats that the hospital supply seems juz nice for baby.. Thinking if I shd get nuk bottle for the start as the size of teats smaller. But I'm afraid after she's used to it she wun wan avent bottles anymore which I bought alot.. Haha

Mummy baby 2008
When I got my #1 I also use avent but she refuse to drink den my aunty told me to get latex nuk teat. Latex nuk teat seem like more for those who latch on and bottle feed. Their teat are softer and shape feel more like our nipple.
All my bb use nuk teat till now... No problem latch or bottle feed. They dun feel confuse between real nipple and teat

Ssp
I agree with u. Avent manual pump so hard to use and the milk flow so little... I think if really wants a total bf bb, need to gets a worth invest pump. Dual will be the best...

Hi Mummies

Sorry for crashing this thread, I was meant to be due in May, so initially I've posted there. =P

My #2 was borned yesterday @ 1352... and I will wanna check with mummies here which day did ur milk supply come in?

I tried to fully bf from yesterday, but today, she was not satisfied and kept crying. I squeezed and there's only 1 drop of colostrum each from each breast! (=.=);; So I had to supplement with FM today, and I feel bad... Did any of u suplement with FM in hospital? Sighs... Did BM come soon? >.<

Hi nuriko congrats
happy.gif
thou I haven gif birth but heard fr other mummies post: it's normal tt bf flow will only comes in gradually n to stimulate flow u can try to latch on more thus hav to b patience while waiting for ur bm to comes in..

Mrs.kang,
Hang in there, you'll see baby soon!

Nurik0o0o
Mine only came in something like day 5! The day before you will feel your breast really engorged. Before that it's colostrum which is liquid gold, very good for baby, so just let baby suck. The more baby sucks the better stimulation.

Cayden mummy,
Which buffet catering services are you getting for 1month celebration? Am having a hard time deciding as mine's next week!

Any mummies here keen to go safra yishun gym? I read if wanna exercise must b 6 weeks later after birth n I'm still in e waiting game but keen to know if anyone will b keen to exercise together
happy.gif

monica
after excerise cannot bf bb coz of chemical change in our body. U will have to empty the milk after excerise den next feed den can feed bb.

Oh bf got so many things needa take note.. Really involve lots of knowledge..thanks reborn for sharing e info coz I'm not aware till u mention
happy.gif

Nuriko: My milk came in about 3rd or 4th day? I rmb it was at home.. Starting few drops of colostrum only, just keep latching on lor to stimulate.. Anw baby keep sleeping, only had 1 feed of formula at the hospital which was cup fed. Baby has enough reserves in their body to last them a few days.. Rmb, don't stress yourself! Must relax then hav more milk..

Mummy baby2008: iirc, nuk classic teats are able to fit most normal sized bottles (not the wide neck ones).. Maybe u can try get the nuk teats and try to fit them? I know definately nuk classic can fit medela bottles.. Hehe.

Aprilbaby: I got d'fine catering as its the designated caterer of my venue.. They are not bad! More unique dishes. Also reccomend Gim Tim - they have restaurants too and they serve sharks fin for their catering! So unique (but not good to eat sharks fin.. Hehe).YSL is also affordable and decent- $10.50 per pax for 10 dishes, but selections are the traditional ones nothing special.

Can go check out their websites.
happy.gif

Nuriko : mine was day 3-4. Don't get too stressed with total BF. I think I had zero colostrum for first few days and had to supplement for all feeds after latching. Even after milk came in, I was only able to partial BF cos supply not enough. Managed to total BF about a week after milk supply started. Just hang in there.

Mummy baby 2008: I was previously told by nurse to try nuk teat cos less likely to have nipple confusion, as what reborn said. Used it for no 1 and I both latched and bottle feed in the early months and did not encounter any problems.

Thank you Mummies... Yes indeed... Baby is still not settling... Gotta supplement again... No choice... LoLz...

Thank u for the encouragement! Even though it's #2, it''s still stressful! LoLz...

Mrs Kang - same as me
happy.gif
I was 1cm dilated and got show and slight stomach pain. But I only got 2 option, go home or stay at hospital. They never offer to induce, I chose to stay. As it was evening time already. Don't want to rush into hospital in the middle of the night. About 3am the pain was very strong. So went for epi. Baby was out the next morning. Just relax and rest well since you are at home now. Since its your 1st, it might take a while.

Mrs kana
How is the pain now? The discharge how? Getting more? More red? Mine was like light mense but is red, nit brown or pink spotting....

This morning when I stand up.. There is red mucus discharge coming out.. And went to toilet. Stomach was pain.. The pain is like the stomach squeeze together but very pain for awhile then it disappear again.

Lying down now.. Feeling so pain.. Confirm is worst then yesterday.. Waiting for hubby to buy food back and will go to hospital .. Hope is not false alarm

Mrs Kang, all the best. Have a full breakfast before going to hosp. This is your first child? Labour likely to be long and u need energy to push at the end. Hope to hear your good news soon.

I am using Medela swing, so far ok.
I dont have much milk. can only pump the most 60 ml every 3 to 4 hours,, sometime let my bb girl latch on for 30 mins . She is on partial fm and bm lor.
My CL ask us to use Nuk wide neck bottle as my bb drink very slow using the normal nuk bottle, so my hubby went to buy and there is improvement.
Today I am going back to gynae to check my wounds already. hope everything is alright.

so fast 11 days past.. hubby and me going to start thinking on the full mth preparation
happy.gif

Mrs Kang, you must Jia you Jia you!

Good luck and smooth delivery!

Hi mummies, I hav delivered on the 23th..
Wen gynea at 2.30pm n did ctg, hav 2 contraction n red discharge.
Aft 30mins go see doc suppose to scan for water level, but once I lie down my water bag broke..
So reach hospital at 4 to settle down..
N baby came at 6 plus evening

Nw 3 days I tried pumpin but stil no milk yet..
sad.gif

Do u all wake ur baby up to feed or feed onli on demand? My baby seems to wake up at diff interval timin.. And ytd was first nite at hm his last feed was 9.30pm n he can slp til 4.40am for the nx feed.. Day time was oso diff interval timin.. Sumtimes 2hrs,3hrs n even 4hrs.. Which mk mi kinda dunno how much milk to giv..

Mrs, Kang,
all e best!! relax and enjoy the experience!

trx,
congrats!! i kind of feed on demand. for the past 2 nights, baby is waking every 2 hours, but in the day, he can sleep quite long and sometimes feed only after 4 hours. so i will pump in between. just so i don't get engorged/ blocked ducts.

my baby had his first expressed BM this morning, I decided to pump out for hubby to feed in case as I was gg to have my massage. He drank most of the 100ml that i pumped. but then i think he still prefers to latch. about 2 hours later, he was still looking for breast when i carried him...aww..

after enduring lots of painful massage, my breasts are finally not as blocked!!! but busy latching and pumping in between. trying to clear and empty boobs as much as possible. freezer is starting to stock up. gotta clear some of my stuff in e freezer soon.

mommies who are just starting to bf, remember babies only need like a teaspoon of milk (colostrum) in the first few days. don't let anyone tell you that is not enough milk. if it means latching every hour, do try to hang in there and keep latching. the milk will come in after a few days. as long as there is wet diapers/poo poo, baby is fine. just try to think about those villagers who do not have such thing as FM, they all only depend on mothers' milk only. just pretend that FM doesn't exist, maybe that will help?

SSP
The thing is I never feel engorged or the rock hard feeling that a lot of mummies get. But I attribute it to the fact that I latch on so often!

Cayden's mummy
BM is thin one lor. And, better than hubby: no milk! Haha

Mummy dragon
I dunno about other brands but I like avent cos it forces baby to open mouth big big like when latching on. But I find the nipple toooooo long!

Nuriko
For #1 milk came in at day 5. With #2 milk came in bout day 3. Just keep latching!!

Aiyoh got growth spurt. Little girl just wanted to latch latch latch and cry cry cry until I pain pain pain

Back