(2012/01) Jan 2012

i realy go hungry loh......
sad.gif

jac:
i am at week 28. i took a heavy breakfast b4 i went to see gynae. not sure if it got to do with the food i ate in d morning. he juz tested my blood and said my sugar level was high, 8. normal was 6. but he din say i have GD leh.

lush:
thanks for sharing, very comprehensive, thanks. if only high sugar level, can still drink milk?

Jkids

Ermm.. U are drinking milk cos of calcium? Actually if taking calcium pills, it's good enuff.... Pills are better as they give the essentials wo the glucose

I was terrified the other time when I got high glucose level reflected on my dip stick... Though I went for an ogtt few months and was tested negative... But to play on the safe side I avoid eating sweet stuff... Especially at night.

No milk, cereals like Post, no aerated cold drinks, no desserts, no teh xi, minimize drinking pre pack Milo as a lot of sugar...

Sweet fruits such as cantaloupes I totally stop eating... However i will eat grapes during the day and safe fruits like guava and kiwi at night.

Basically I did my glucose count on what I consume as well as monitor my glucose at home via dip stick..

Oh yes... And try not to eat too full before u visit the gynae..sometimes our metabolism slows down cos we are preg and will affect our glucose level too..misleading that we have gest. Diabetetes.

Hello mummies to be!

I am mother to be in June 2012. My husband is doing his own catering services. Hope can get some support from mummies here. Feel free to ask me for quote for menu, can email me at [email protected]
happy.gif

Thanks!

Enjoy your motherhood!

Have anyone experienced stretch pain on the right side of the tummy at week28? Sometimes, the pain is bad that I can't walk, but it's ok after some time.

I get cramps at lower abdomen, below the tummy, sometimes so bad that I can't climb stairs or walk normally. Gynae said it's normal as long as it is not contractions. My vomiting came back at 31 weeks. Not fun at all!
sad.gif

Sorry to disturb but I've a brand new with tag Kate Spade Classic Noel Stevie Baby Bag for sale. Bought from kate spade boutique.

http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h459/weheartbagz/Kate%20Spade%20Batch%202/ClassicNoelStevieBabyBag.jpg

BRAND NEW WITH TAG
Cotton noel jacquard with patent pvc trim
Short shoulder tote with zipper closure
Black/porcelain bi-color webbing
Two Side Exterior Pockets with Ribbon tie
Two Side Wall Pockets
Changing pad included
ksny blind embossed signature on licence plate
Great for mummies on the go or it can be used as a normal tote bag.
Approx 16" L x 10.75" H x 8" W

Selling price: 380 SGD (includes shipping+handling)
Will come with Kate Spade dust bag, care card and price tag.

This retails for 445 USD!

Pls email [email protected] for more info. I'm totally reliable. can email me for my feedback links for sgselltrade, sgspree etc.

jingles:
yes i drink milk coz of calcium, but thats also coz i can't swallow calcium pills coz they are big. so i can't drink packet milk now...geez...
sad.gif

oh u mean we can buy the dip stick? pharmacy? do u use it after every meal or once at a certain time of the day only?

what is ogtt?

when u said u avoid eating sweet stuff at nite...but y at nite? sugar harder to dissolve at nite?

grapes can be eaten...oh!
happy.gif

yes i agree what not eating too full b4 visiting gynae. my mistakes seriously. i have never taken such full breaskfast except that day, oso din expect he would check sugar level for me

Hi mummies-to-be!

I have For Sale: 6months preloved Medela Pump In Style Advanced (PISA) & Breastmilk Storage Bottles.

Locally bought US complete set with local power plug. See photo for included accessories.
Full Set Photo

Bought for S$599 on 24/02/2011. Used for 6months (Feb-Aug), warranty for till end Feb 2012.
Receipt Photo

Selling at only S$330 with the storage bottles shown below.
Storage Bottles Photo

Interested parties, please leave PM or SMS @ 9876 one 872.

Thanks for viewing!

Hi Mummies!!

Do drop by Facebook to take a look at our latest baby and children clothings!

Pls LIKE our page, Mummies Corner, in Facebook to see latest updates and sales!!

Cheers and have a smooth pregnancy!! LOVEEEEE!!

morning mommies
how i wish i am still having the long long holiday
happy.gif

jkids
the dipstick can be purchased in any pharmacy. Just ask the pharmacist if you cant find, they will help you. Normally i will test it in the morning, before eating, before drinking anything. This reading will be the most accurate reading as you have already "fast" at least 6-7 hours (sleeping). If this reading does not represent a good reading, then you will have to take care....cos that means after fasting, there is still traces of unused glucose in the body. After fasting, reading should come clean.

You can also self experiment...that means test it after 4 hrs after a meal, trust me, there will be some traces of sugar...thats why, most of the time, I will skip meals before going for the routine test.

The food that made my reading haywire is just a fillet o fish minutes before my routine
sad.gif
that taught me a painful lesson....never to load on food so close to the routine test.

OGTT stands for oral glucose tolerance test, this is more accurate to test for gestational diabetics compared to the dipstick as is via blood test.

I will normally try to eat sweet stuff during the day..as we are still active (walking out for lunch and walking around during office hours). Some basic form of activities will burn off the glucose in the body.

hmmmm for me, my sugar/protein is checked every visit lei...so must not load on too much food before visit.

morning ladies
been MIA very long
cannot catch up reading the posts here...

went to baby kingdom and got a philip baby monitor for $179, UP $299. quite worth it if you haven't got it yet. only better call up before u go and see still have or not. when i went they had 4 sets left.

glucose: what i know is to take more high fibre stuff, low fat milk...

realise have only about two months or less to delivery. argh!

morning mummies! wkend past so fast...... sigh.. bad day today.. feeling so tired & sleepy.. din manage to get much sleep over the wkends.. find it hard to sleep for long period of time.. keep on waking up to go toilet, toss & turn ard to find comfortable position, etc.. & now raining so heavily.. din manage to go buy breakfast yet.. muz make do with biscuits from pantry.. SIGH! so feeling like going get MC..

sorry for the rant.. tue blue.. :p

feeling very stone now -.-
too long never come into office....and just wan the day to end!!

just want to know any mommies out there suffering from piles? haiz...seems like i am having one now

morning mummies...

what a nice day to sleep in, but have to drag myself to work
sad.gif

i sometimes suffer from piles..cos of constipation and it's really painful..guess it's all that pressure on the pelvic area.

i would like to check if any of you felt a sharp pain in the lower abdomen before? i felt it last night when i was peeing but it's gone after a while..could it be due to pressure building up? i'm a bit worried by it..

i do get the occasional sharp pain on my lower abdomen (pelvic area) & side of tummy too.. nowadays tummy also always feeling very tight.. juz had a really bad one last sat while i was doing some light exercises while lying on my back.. left me totally immobilized.. tot i had over-exerted myself & was really worried.. but after awhile the pain was gone & could feel bb kicking again.. so think shld be ok la.. think the pain maybe due to the built-up in pressure & muscles over-stretched due to weight of bb & is normal once we reach 3rd tri ba? body maybe trying to prepare for labour too?.. juz try to stop whatever u r doing, relax & do deep breathing when it hits u..

not sure the sharp pain is stitches kind of pain..cos i have it on n off oso..its like leg cramp kinds which took a while to go off

medory
yes i think its caused by pressure esp so for me - desk bound job...sit too long with extra weight somemore. Did you use anything previously to ease the piles?

poseidon
i can feel and see....its like some kind of protrusion la....i heard some daring mommies just push it back in lei..i scared to do that...

Hi,

I have following items for sale:

1. Baby Plus: $160
Preloved. Condition 8.5/10 with Box, instruction manual and pouch. Full set.

2. Pigeon wipes with casing (Brand NEW): $4.90
Usual: $7.90

Collection at Sengkang MRT.
Pls email me at [email protected] for photos.

jingle:
i used to do only urine test-whats the purpose of it do u noe? only last visit suddenly asked me to do blood test... i will be more careful the next round. thanks for the info.

piles...mine is not painful, only swallen still since my last constipation weeks ago...i am unsure whether is it pile or not. push in the piles?
proud.gif

hmmmm for me, my sugar/protein is checked every visit lei...so must not load on too much food before visit.

Oh...good to get some reassurance that i'm not the only one getting those weird pains keke..n nowadays i seem to get pain everywhere, especially my back haha..

poseidon/jingles: ya it's like a small protrusion out...i didn't see a doctor for that though, cos embarrassed to do so keke...i didn't push it back in, so i just leave it alone and i think it went back in on its own after a while..

poseidon
have...u can either apply cream or jst wait to go off naturally but it will takes abt 2/3 weeks bah

jkids
purpose of it is to track our protein/sugar/any sign of blood in urine. Blood test is just prick of finger hur? If its OGTT testing, u need to fast and have ur blood drawn (tubes, not prick)
swollen as like a little lump protruding out? if yes, its piles lo...

super sian day to work. not only feels like mon but got some work issues to settle...but y a mon? haiz!

though i am not looking forward to the lab process, i wish it comes faster. i really have enough of being preganant! sufferings on top of inconvenience. these days coz of inconvenience, i dun wish to go to work! being taking urgent leave on and off...

jingle:
what cream? johnson cream can?
yes, blood test is prick my finger only and can see the result instantly. no fasting b4 that.

actually i dun noe if its protruding. i only feel it and it swells. dare not see leh.
sad.gif

jkids
no call u to see urself la..call hub to see la..if its slight pain/itchy..then its a piles la...got to take care if not it may grow bigger..
i am using Hirudoid cream - can be purchased over the counter to apply..tis will hopefully ease the swelling bah.

jingles:
i mean the delivery part which i m not looking forward to- the labor pain, the stiches pain, the lochia. come to tink abt it...the aftermath also! the 1st urine, the 1st pass motion...
sad.gif
super dislike.

so isit recommended to apply cream? i juz leave it there. but its been there for a while leh...i duno if i should be worried or not...

tats quite a while lei...did u tell ur gynae abt it since its abt 3 weeks and our checks is normally abt a month?
better get it cured
happy.gif

not meaning to scare...but they say if normal delivery, it may become worse after all the pushing....

any mommies know where to buy fitted sheets for cot mar? i dont wish to buy the entire bedding set again lei.

jingles
you can buy from kiddy palace or department stores. i just bought from JL over the weekend. don't forget to measure your cot mattress before going to buy.

jkids: me oso not looking forward to the aftermath..1st urine, 1st motion..
happy.gif

I still rem gynea told me to try to pass urine if I can..then my 1st urine..wah..its really ALOT!!..
happy.gif

i rem last time gynae oso give me a cream for the pile..cannot rem the brand though...

zhuzhu
sounds v scary....
u natural birth for #1 mar?
my friend told me after her #1, it was damn pain when she pass her motion due to her cut...shhhhhhssshhhh

Hi mummies!

jingles: I heard from my friend she don't dare to pass motion after she gave birth leh.. But she said the nurse will ask whether got pass motion or not. If no, then they will insert something into the anal to pump out leh.. So er xin.. So my friend juz lied and said she did pass motion. Haha

adeline
tat will also happen before u give birth :p
nurse will ask u also did u pass motion on the day of delivery...if not same process will apply.

jingles: On the day we give birth ar? How to pass motion with the contractions? But I think passing before delivery shld be much easier than after delivery ba.. Coz after delivery got stitches leh.. Worry will pain if pass motion coz quite near each other mah

Hi ladies..

Sorry to intrude.. but I am trying to sell my ameda lactaline dual pump which I bought in July 2011 and used for only 3 months.

2nd hand ameda lactaline dual pump for sale. Selling at $130

Bought in July 2011. Used for only 3 months. In good working condition.

Include:

1) Pump
2) Brand New Ameda adaptor cap (2X)
3) Brand New Ameda tubing adaptor (1X)
4) Brand New Ameda valve (2X)
5) Ameda Tubing (2X)

You would only need to buy the following:
1) Ameda silicon diaphragm (2X)
2) Ameda polypropylene pump body/flange (2X) -- unless you don't mind my old one which is clean and can be sterilised
3) Bottles (2X)

Self collection in the East.
PM if interested... =)

jingles: yup, natural delivery for #1..my 1st motion was quite okie..only the 1st urine..cos the nurse give me a bedpan..n i just pee..wah its alot n like non stop..it was almost filled to the brim..
happy.gif
TMI

i think on the day of delivery, regardless whether u had pass motion..they will still clear ur motion for u...

Brandnew MY BRESTFRIEND PILLOW letting go at $60
email me for pic.

AVENT single electric breastpump $150
- lightly used for 2 weeks (giving up due low supply)
- throw in brandnew unopened 6pcs breast pad - washable 
2 sets breast shells

[email protected]

Back