(2011/12) Dec 2011

I agreed with Clarria, eating small meals makes my tummy so comfortable. eat too much, wants to vomit,eat bit by bit but dont let it turn hungry. Nearly fainted yesterday because my last biscurt was digested before i reach home.

Welcome ejunko!!

Stardust: I think vaginal scan is similar to pap smear but I heard that female doctors are usually rougher than male doctors (not sure why also). So far my experience have been ok, maybe you want to try a male doctor?

Tangerine, babypom: Sometimes the symptoms come later, enjoy while you can. When I found out I was pregnant at week 4-5, I was so happy and like you peeps found it unreal that I'm pregnant because I had no symptoms apart from burping when I usually dont. Wah, I tell you now at week 6+ and lucky that I'm a SAHM, I would be woken up by the nauseousness from the stomach. When I try to eat my first meal of the day, it really felt like forcing food down into my throat though I'm kinda hungry and nauseous at the same time. Every mouthful of food makes me wanna puke and I have to drink a lot of water while eating to finish the food. When I'm full, I smell other food I feel like puking.

Doctor told me that such feelings will peak by week 10 so I'm just trying to adjust accordingly. Try to think positively that it will be over with first trimester. Those of you who wants to exercise, I heard from my gynae that no vigorous exercise during first trimester which includes jogging and those that deals with a lot of 'shaking around' and no sex also.. Cannot carry heavy stuffs and try to rest more. Not sure he told me that because my baby measurement is small but I thought I just follow what he advised better for the sake of baby.

Hi Kimiko

I am also in my week 6+ now

Yeah better enjoy MS free period before it comes [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Cindy - you can find out more about the yoga class here:http://www.colleensimmonds.com/Colleens_Yogashala/Home_Page.html

It's near my in-laws' place so after tat easy to have family dinner also. Maybe we Dec MTBs can form one class :p

Clarrisa - yah, i heard many gd things about Dr Chan but he is really quite ex. Plus the ward charges etc at Glen E. *faint* I'm also looking at other gynaes at Glen E - Dr Mary Yang and Dr Tanny Chan.....the former is slightly cheaper

Littlefren - thanks for the encouragement. I hope it wont be so bad this time round. Looks like alot of mummies go scan alrdy. Now I abit regret nv go scan. Nvm lah, wait till I am back 2 weeks later..at 8 weeks, can see more? Haha

Jacqueline - I'm working full time. In fact severely overworked. I found out abt pregnancy while on leave this week. So now that I am always feeling tired and with the endless cycle of hungry-eat-bloated-belch-ZZzZz, I'm quite worried abt returning back to work actually...

babypom: Wow! Lucky you, let's hope you won't be affected [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

stardust25: Woah, overworking is not good for pregnancy. You might want to find alternatives or talk to your boss for different arrangements as you get along.

Congratz ejunko!! i dun have craving for every food but always feels like eating and will get hungry on time.. and the only thing i always feels like having since 2-3 weeks back is durian!!! so basically i have been eating durian every week!!! lolx!!

yallo, i cant remember much coz it in 05..

i think after registration, i waited a few hours in the room waiting for surgery but no 1 came. my appt is morning but i think i only did the surgery in the noon...

but i thing i remember (and will remember for life) is when i woke up, i was "dumped" in 1 corner where no 1 helps me... I was feeling giddy and nausea + vomitting due to the effect of anaesthetic... i tried reaching for help and asking for help but no energy... and i think i pass out after that... I understand that since it's a day surgery, we can discharge after that, but there are 3 cuts on my body.. with all the pain, giddiness, nausea, vomiting, i still need to drag myself out of the hospital coz i need to leave. Cant even wait a little more...

for me, i think as a patient and we are there for surgery, at least some ppl around the recovering area so in case anyone needs help...

stardust, overworking is not gd esp when u r preg now leh... i heard stress can cause alot probs de... but on the other hand, we cannot tell our company yet right??? i also just got arrowed for some stupid waste time monthly thingy.. think when time is right, i will inform them and try to get out of it!!

do u all suffer from bad mood swings other than ahfenny?? i know she is feeling moody today... i think i am really starting to get worse.. after seeing the arrows, i really feel very xinku and feels like crying...

jac - i heard eat durains will produce big babies? not sure if this is a myth. But i am very sure eat too muhc durians will make mummies put on alot of weights! so better control huh [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

and yes i do feel easily irritated. my poor hubby just need to say a slight thing not to my satisfaction, he will get in from me already. I become unreasonable.. than he see me vomit vomit, than he will think aiyo so poor thing.. and its reasonable to be unreasonable (since I am feeling so uncomfy)

I figure I'm around 4-5 weeks. Last menses was 5 Mar, but my cycle is long at about 37 days. So ovulation was around 26 Mar.

I've scheduled gynae appt for next Sat. Maybe I'll start feeling something next week? Can only wait and see!

clarrisa, ya.. i also heard that durian will "create" michilin babies!!! lolx.. i already put on a lot weight from the last few weeks!! at least 2-3kgs!! fainted when i saw my weight yesterday.. never hit that high before!

lolx.. reasonable to be unreasonable... so far i am still nice to my hubby... i dun really have pms last time.. womens are said to be moddy before menses also right? but i never have such experience so hubby says he is lucky.. but now i think the chance i will break down is higher than being unreasonable..

durian is yummy!!! this week havent eat yet...

Jacqueline & Kimiko - Thanks. I know, tats y very worried. My work is such that I work very long hours and I get very frustrated often. I'm also quite the perfectionist. My bosses and team also rely very heavily on me cos I'm the most seasoned person there. Somemore I hv a new boss coming....

But I guess the beauty of the hormones is that I am now very chill, so who knows I may be very slack when I return to work. Which may not be a bad thing (assuming bosses are more understanding towards MTBs) since I am very hard on myself most of the time, haha

Yah I nv inform co...I havent even tell my mum! I'll wait till scan and I cfm bb is healthy etc. My sis is heavily preggy. Tink my mum's gonna freak out once she hears of the news. Haha

jac, hahaha.. i also put on 5kg for first few weeks of pregancy when preggy with my first child. DOnt know is water retention or wat. Even now, 6 weeks preggy, my tummy quite big lor. Can't imargine how some ppl 5, 6 mths preggy still cannot see.

Stardust,even work is busy and stress, try to laugh more. My previous job (when preggy with first child) was tough, demanding but i remember i had a group of very supportive colledgues and they make sure i got my lunch, tea-break etc. Had so much happy hours and gossips that my girl now is a happy girl. But i remember my direct boss who was in her 50s and not married, blaming me for getting preggy!!

Can i ask if this is considered MS? i drink water and then brush my teeth and my tongue...its always when i brush my tongue that i wanna puke and i will really vomit. does this consider MS?

stardust, maybe u learn to see more open a bit? i used to be a perfectionist too... I am still one except when it comes to work coz i see too much le.. and how company treat ppl and how my supervisior works.. i give up.. feeling very sian already.. thats y when things happens at work, i will feel more sian...

maybe when it's time, u might wanna tell your boss and hopefully they will be more understanding??

u havent told your mum?? i have told my family and my MIL.. a couple of my friends sort of already know also.. but not really saying it...

i think ur mum will be very happy!!1 2 grandchildren this year!! =)

Cindy, in a way, u also learn lesson so this preg u will try to control eating for now right?? u started putting on weight after u know u preg or before??

u ex-direct boss is so bad!!! i think she is probably envy of u???

to have a happy baby, we need to be happy also?? but i am so unhappy at work? how??i used to love my work but not anymore... =(

jac - you REALLY love durians...you not having morning sickness? how did you stomach those durians?

by the way, my gynae says we should only put on about 10kgs throughout pregnancy. I was like...10kgs? thats a tough call! nonetheless, I actually lost wts these few days. lost 1 kgs...and my guess is that its due to change in my diet. Its almost every meal porr for me.. (in preparation for vomits)...

stardust - i love yoga! i used to do hot yoga at absolute. they have pre natel too. I thought of taking it up with them. Where is your yoga place?

manunited - when i was not preg, sometimes i brush teeth also wanna vomit.. cos brush too deep into the throat...so really cant advise if this is ms

Jac, yes yes. not really control, just lesser junk food these days. My new job now dont gives me lunch kaki, so i just pack lunch or bring food from home. Poor you leh, now you got to stuck in this job, Anything can make you happy at work? or bo chap can? do wat u can ? later give birth liao can find new job. SInce stuck with it, think positive.

So now we have stardust, clarrisa and myself interested in yoga. We seriously shall think about it when we are near to the end of 1st Trimster.

btw, how many 2nd time mum here? I have a 2yrs old girl.

manunited, i will say this is the starting of the MS.. coz i have this too... not pregnant dun have any... but when pregnant this feeling come.. terrible feeling...

yoga, i oso keen.. but too far i can't make it.. i still have 2 princes to look after plus 1 emperor... me ming ku....

Cindy: Wah I can't imagine putting on 5kg within a few weeks! My husband keep warning me not to eat too much and become fat, then also want me to exercise. Yesterday after dinner we went for a ~2km walk and it was quite xinku for me but even now he still insist and say I shouldn't be lazy RAWRRR [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

stardust: My sister's 2nd daughter is due in Aug haha. Think end of year my mother's place will be like a childcare center! Go tell your mother, I'm sure she will be overjoyed! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

2boysmummy: Alamaks, it took me a while to realise the emperor is your hubby! LOL

cindy, 8 n 3.. 5 years gap... too huge rite... i oso think so.. but at least the older can help me look after the younger...

so who will take care of ur bb when born??

Yallo!! Yes yes. I am not tall (1.54m) and when i ive birth i am about 65kg!!! From 48kg to 65kg!! Baby was only 2.74kg and i went home after delivery weighing 58kg. Just manage to lost my 8kg, and now it COMES again!!!

At least your kid got cousins. My girl so ke lian, go no cousins on either side of my families. Only my friends kids but we dnt meet so offen.

clarrisa, my morning sickness very random de.. sometimes will be quite bad.. sometimes still ok.. like today, only slight nausea on and off only... see durian dun eat very xin ku... lolx.. i think i will feel worse! haha!

10kg is scary!!! i was given some phamlets ytd by gynae.. i remember one of them indicated that after 1st trimester, we will put on abt 0.4-0.7kg weekly!! lolx!!

cindy, usually i also lunch alone de.. last time before married, i will tabao lunch from home.. will pack dinner night before.. but after getting married, MIL dont cook so no home-packed lunch for me anymore.. i think there isnt anything that i am happy with at work.. its only getting worse.. esp when all my friends and kakis already resigned one after another... no friends left! lolx!! initial plan was to quit this year.. but thought tahan 1 more year save more $$ for honeymoon.. and now, preg, even worse.. cannot resign!!! and cannot plan holiday, cannot shop anymore... depressing.. lolx!! thats what i told myself.. endure after maternity leave.. but its 8mths to delivery!!! counting down....

haha!! not really into yoga.. is it fun??

2boysmummy, my mum will continue to help me look after. My first girl is a feb baby, so by the end of the year, she be closed to 3 years old liao. Anyway she started attending playgroup now, maybe by then she will go fulllday childcare.

2boysmummy, ur eldest is already 8?? it's ok.. he can help look after your new born!!! =)

my youngest bro is 9 yrs my junior and i remembered looking after him when he's young.. and now, we r very close..

Thanks all. Act hor, I am in the midst of looking for new job cos I wanted a less taxing job for family planning purpose. Then I hit jackpot! Haha. So now, I think I cannot find new job alrdy. Which new boss will be happy with preggy employee with ML on the way.

As for mum, I dont dare tell her cos I am gg overseas tmr. She'll nag...so hehe...when I cm bk and do the scan lah.

As for yoga, the details are here: yoga class here:http://www.colleensimmonds.com/Colleens_Yogashala/Home_Page.html

I heard this teacher is gd. So Clarrisa, Absolut Yoga also not bad hah?

I just finished one hatha yoga class actually and was enjoying it but it's for my office peeps and not suitable for MTBs...the second class starting in 2 weeks time...now my colleagues all asking why I'm not continuing...haha...shhh!

cindy, how did u managed to shed off that 8kg??

stardust, i agree... i think most company will not wanna employ preg mummies.. which is unfiar but what to do?? so u not working now??? or still in current job??

where r u travelling to?? my gynae says if possible dun travel during preg.. if need be, den maybe during 2nd trimester... 1st trimester still not very stable yet so try not to agitate it too much...

just has a dark choc.. my last choc... hungry! haha!! do u all buy snacks and put inside ofc in case hungry?? i was wondering what can i buy and leave in ofc to munch in case hungry and something not too fattening..

Jac, u like me.. i had been bring food from home last time, and started this gang at office that we all eat homecooked home. Now i am a loner, coz all my staffs on stations, no one can eat together.

We all can chat and let this 8mths pass... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Tour after bb come out still can go.. no worries..

My Hb don't even let me walk. I suggested to follow his to the Carpark and walk back home together and his open his eyes big big stare at me!

Jac, sad to day i took 2 years to shed them all off. Breatfeeding for 6mths make me loss 4kg. the rest of 4kg is from chasing my little girl to work stress. :p

I actually wanted to go HK in july/Aug!! hehe

Joanne, ur hubby so loving... But true dont walk so much in first trimseter, expecially if got spotting.

But i super no choice leh, i still got to carry my girl sometimes and chase her. I even have to walk like nobody business, as i need to walk from one location to another of my workplace almost everyday.

stardust - its at costa rhu? thats kind of far for me. Absolute's hot classes are really good. The diff is that their teachers are passionate about yoga. some yoga places which i checked out, their teachers mainly teach yoga for a living. there is a difference.

cindy - i was left with 10kgs after birth of my 1st child lo! i remembered I was shocked when I stand on the weighing scale and find myself 10kgs above my usual wts!

cant travel during 1st tri? i better check with my gynae..before I go on my trip next mth. But i was back last week from hkg lo

wah.. ur guys all not working.. can go holiday so often..

is true try not to travel during 1st tri.. but i believe those are booked before u r known pregnant rite?? anyway, no spotting should be alrite.. just be very careful n continue with ur folic acid...

clarrisa, check with gynae better. i go july coz i think i will be "normal" again. Now a bit weak and a always very giddy. My last preg, 2nd trimister like no preggy like that, still go clubbing...wahaha...

This time i died died want to loss all the weight man!! Must jia you. That is why i wan go yoga/pilates, etc. good for both soul and mind and body. yahoooo...

joanne, your hubby is so sweet!!! u r the queen now!!!

cindy, ^5!! i love home cooked food.. ur situation same as me.. we are now loners ar lunch.. i have colleagues now but somehow i feel not like those who click! they got their own group and their lunch usually talk abt work which i also dun understand..

i wish i can travel after bb comes out.. but no 1 to look after... and i think wil be a bit she bu de also..

oh ya, anyone knows if we can travel during maternity leave??

cindym y stop breastfeeding after 6 mths?? whahaha!! chasing little gal.. does it really helps to lose weight?? i cannot be too stress coz when i am stress, i will wanna eat junk! haha!!

actually jul/aug should be quite safe to travel bah... hubby says no??

why is it that we shouldnt walk too much in 1st tri?? den what about after that??

clarrisa, that what my gynae says... coz still unstable... so try not to...

2boysmummy, i am working leh.. no chance to travel also.. but it might be a little harder for you coz got 2 princes to bring along and still need to take care of them right??

SAHM is stay at home mother..

actually i gog taiwan in june, which was plan in early March.. hope everything will be stable by then..

Jac, for me is alrite coz they are consider big liao... just this time round, my 2nd is very sticky to me.. even b4 i know i pregnant... still now also like that.. every morning when bringing him to childcare is a chore.. coz he will scream n cry and dun wan to let go of me...

I bring my girl to travel with me wherever i go. Just have to get use to travelling with kids and start with children friendly places.

I stop coz office no good place to pump, i used to pump in this toliet that is very very clean. Only a few of us used and whenever i want pump milk, i will inform them so that they dont go round looking for key. Then whe my office moved, i tried pumping in the building toliet, and can heard a lot of workers' voice outside, so stop lor.

1st tri not stable, walk lesser, after that shld walk more so that easier to give birth. esp 3rd trimister. 2nd trimster is honeymoon period.

cindy - i work full time [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i love my job. but these days been kind of complaining that it lacks challenges. I was actually considering switching jobs just a couple of weeks before.. than realised preg, than better stay put. like you all say, who will want a preggy woman??

wow you can still CLUB??? gosh...... you are super woman!

Hi mummies-to-be,

I am also hoping & waiting to catch some baby dust! Won't know till I miss my menses (due 22nd April), so am secretly waiting with anticipation(but dare not get my hopes too high up)... According to the online calculation, if we do get preggy this month, we would still get a bunny baby due late Dec [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Fingers & toes crossed! If that happens, then i can join this thread properly.

Clarrisa - Yes, at Costa Rhu. If not, Mother & Child at Tanglin Mall but will be more ex, I tink. Where do u stay? I find this teacher v interesting. She seems to know alot abt childbirth and her daughter just delivered via waterbath....

Jacqueline- I'm still at my current job. I took leave this week to rest, pack, etc.....then found out tat I'm preggy lor. I actually hv interviews this week but have declined.

As for travelling, GP told me it's a personal decision so long as I dont have unusual cramps and spotting. So guess I'll go cos it's nothing strenuous - hubby is driving and we can take it slow if I'm unwell. Somemore planned for a long time alrdy and visiting frens and relatives in UK. Go walk walk and see scenery also good - no stress and yet healthy. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Joanne - ur hubby really v loving. My hubby fail. Said he'll drive anywhere if I have craving but when I wanted to eat something, he came home late and empty handed. So I threw a fit and he asked me y I'm so angry. Haha.

2boysmummy, yes yes. i realise when we are not first timer mums, we will just have to carry them and do things for them. I remember when i preggy first child, i am like a queen. never do a single housework before.

jac, can.. but i actually go pubbing but no drinking only ma.. just drink orange juice. Lots of stares from the people thou.

Thinking of that, maybe we shld organise a pubbing for MTB when we in 2nd trimister!!!

Yoga sounds fun but too bad I can't really take yoga. Almost fainted when I tried once before. You ladies have fun! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Joanne: Your hubby really dotes on you! My hubby would stare at me if I didnt help to maintain basic cleanliness of our room (a lot of housework no need to do coz we stay with my in-laws) >.>

Cindy: Woah!! Really happening, still can go clubbing somemore! But sounds fun :x

Looks like most of you are not first timer mums which is really good for first-timers like me. We could really use some of your knowledge to help us through [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Kimiko, every pregnancy is different. SO lets support each other!!

Ok lah, room only. easy to maintain. Good for yourself too, if not too messy, possible for trip and fall.

OK ladies, i am going home now, chat with ladies tomorrow

wow.. so many of u travelling.. envy...

2boysmummy, ur 2nd boy is so cute!!! well, he is still young lah.. 3 yrs old only...

cindy & 2boysmummy, is it diffecult to travel with kids? i went on tour once to japan. and within the group, ther are 2 families with kids.. 1 with 1 boy and the other with 2 gals.. the gals keep crying but the boy is cute and fun!!

oh.. is it very weird to pump in ofc??? i think its probably impossible for me to pump at work... my ofc is in mapletree building lah.. so alot workers de... like very paiseh..

thanks thanks!!! but i duwan walk more.. i still hoping that being preg can help me taiji away some arrows!! haha!!

hi may!!! gd luck to you!!!! pray hard!!!

stardust, i think u can now stay put in your current company le.. at least after till maternity leave.. unless u duwan to declare that u r preg yet to the new company... is it possible??

your gynae says dun travel unless unusual cramps and spotting?? zzz.. den i confirm cannot travel liao.. stupid cramps!! =(

wow!! u will be going UK?? so nice!!! well, if u r there visiting den maybe not too bad coz u can rest... but the long flights??

cindy, very funny leh.. go clubbing but drink alcohol.. but also cannot dance right???

lolx!! u r so cute!!! if hubby allows, i dun mind!!!

was supposed to go dragonfly with friends last weekend.. coz celebrating a friend getting his official 1st job.. end up cannot go coz preg.. long time nv club... finally got chance but cannot anymore..

i think i understand y ppl stares at you in a club.. coz preg women should not be there!!! they will think we r bad mums!!!

Kimiko, let support each other..

jac, ur office in mapletree? which building? me at mapletree anson..

We are not bad mums, we are just happening mtb!!

Travelling with kids, you will have to have a different expectation. Dont have those "cheong" all the way shopping, or sight-seeing etc. Especially you have toddler, must take care of their meals. But to me, i will not leave home without them. I rather xin ku a bit. I got mummy friends who never bring their kids coz scare ma fan.

Maybe because we just married not long ago plus both of us is first time parents to-be. So he abit kan chiong and keep telling me how he wish 10months has pass and he can get to carry the baby.

I made him read up on information about pregnancy so he will understand us more. Maybe you all can research, print and purposely leave it around in the room to make them read. HAHA.

Back