(2011/12) Dec 2011

Tangerine, she turned round and round in the sink. Actually, quite an expensive swim, $33 for 20 min. $2 for the swim diaper. I think 2 to 3 sessions, can buy the whole set of tub and neck float already.

Snowyotaru, where is baby sleeping in now? Scary!

Yi Chin: True, thats why we decided to get the tub set instead, main pt is that mommy/daddy also can sit in to accompany bb...the only downside is that we must prepare it ourselves and use lots of water loh.

snowyotaru - That is very scary, where u get the cot from? No warranty? So, is the mattress still ok for your bb to sleep?

ejunko - have you bought the pool or yet to get one? Which one are u getting? The one from Baby Spa or Your Baby can swim? I am not sure to get the adult one or the baby one?? So tempting to get the adult one so that daddy/mummy/gorgor can go in to join Bb mah.[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Actually from what I see from my girl, seems like she has the growth spurt thingie. Cos she used to sleep from 11-6/7am when she was about 2mth. But before she turn 3 mth she started to wake up at 3 and 5am again for feeds. But nw she is about 3.5mth, she sleep from 9-5am.

So mummies, don't worry too much. Just follow our babies, they will lead us. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Christine: Not yet leh, am planning to get from Yourbabycanswim. Get the adult one - can join in with baby! I think baby will feel safer/happier if we are inside too. Also can do a lil bonding. I wonder if we can shunbian bath bb inside lol =D

Sigh brought baby out for a gathering on Sunday, then mon kena fever at 38degree. Duno if its the weather or because we kept going in and out of aircon area. Gave him panadol and overnight temp maintain at 36.7-37.2, then just now fuss for food temp increase to 37.7degree again. Now bringing baby to see PD coz baby is sneezing and coughing abit. =((

Think maybe a bit too deep to bath bb inside, but maybe should decide that only after we received and look at the pool.

There are lots of flu gems around, That day just when out to buy some food, ppl already coughing around me and bb. Guess you must have came back from PD nw. Did PD give ant medicine? Just continue to gv him more BM and let him rest bah! Cos our BM can gv Bb antibody to fight all the gems. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Nov mummy, still counting and waiting for the day that my baby can sleep longer at night!

Ejunko, take care!

If u get the adult one, that is a lot of water to carry! Unless u put the tub in the bathroom. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Sigh, bb just Merlion. How u mummies can latch ur bb both sides and for so long? Mine only take one side each time, cant finish cos my breast still feel full. but when i try changing sides to increase her intake, somehow ended merlion. is she too full or because choked? sigh.

ejunko, my gal kanna sore eyes from jiejie. in fact, my wholee family took turns to kanna. sian. and today bb sneeze and have runny nose. we only went out dinner on sat and thats it. ai.

Ejunko: mine is brown. Is yours 100% cotton?Wanted to get the 100% cotton type but the sales assistant mentioned that it will be warmer. Baby n i are still trying to get used to it.

Yi Chin: Baby is sleeping on a mattress now.

Nov mummy: We did some investigation and called the sales

person to complain and wanted to show him the evidence as I took a video of the insects crawling. It seems they came as

a result of the wood. He will give us another new cot. The

mattress can still be used.

Yoyosan, burp baby before changing side? I tickle her ears, forehead and soles to wake her up if she falls asleep. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Snowyotaru, still dare to use back the same brand of cot? Can exchange for another brand or vouchers?

Ejunko,

Hope ur baby get well soon. My baby kana flu n cough when he was 1 mth+ because both hubby n me got it and think we spread to him. Pd give me nose drop n cough syrup but the dosage is very little I think de cough mixture is about 0.4 ml took him about 5 days to get better at de moment dun give baby sleep air con room.

By de way just realize something funny. My baby love sucking his mittens tat day I was so angry because tat day his mittens was so wet tat I remove it after tat den I realize he dun koe hw to suck without his mittens. He tried putting his thumb into his mouth den feel weird remove den try again but think diff taste after tat he start crying after I put back de mittens he suck again haha

yi chin, i have to burp her after five mins, else will puke when a bubble force the milk out. i usually stop when she falls asleep on breast, but usually she nurse when after nap so dun usually sleep on breast.

mummies considering buying pool can also check out this site http://www.momnbebe.com/110_x_90_cm_swimming_pool_set

Just bought swim float from them, waiting for it to arrive in the mail

ejunko: take care. hope yr baby gets well soon.

yoyosan: did u check with PD about yr baby merlion after feed?

Nov mummy: wah , envious yr baby sleep through the night already. Some say girls do it earlier than boys. My boy is 3 months this weekend & now he sleeps max 6-7 hrs straight...and his feed/wake/sleep timings are still not fixed. Looking forward to the day he will sleep 10 hrs straight =)

My boy is definitely on to something. Last night he woke to eat at 130, went back to sleep at 2. Then woke again at 4, and after that was wide awake. Had to nurse him 3 times before he finally slept at 6. Today's feeds are like every 2hr or less. Hope this spurt passes soon!

Yoyosan: my pd mentioned before that the merlion kind of puke is a sign of overfeeding...

Ejunko: hope your boy is better!

Thanks mummies! Somehow bb fever subsides when we reached the clinic. So shunbian bring baby for a hair cut lol. He is 6kg and 64cm at 11weeks. Too "slim" alr need to beef him up alil.

Jas: Did your baby sneeze alot during that time? Mine is sneezing coz bisai irritates him. But i worried i might mistaken and overlook a flu next time.

Yi Chin: Dun think needs too much water - by the time this hippo mommy sits inside will take up lots of area, no space for much water LOL!

Snowyotaru: Yup cotton one, maybe coz we tried in the mall cold lah, so baby prefers the cotton one lol. But the organic one is really soft!

Yuet SIm: Thanks for the link! Thats a good price for the size! But im too short for it sian...

Ejunko,

Ya he keep sneeze and when night sleep I feel he breathe got some sound like blocking I apply vicks on his chest and no air con for a week until he is better.

Jas, ejunko: what medication did pd give? My gal also having runny nose, but din bring doc, cos last time she had blocked nose before full month, doc only gave saline nose spray, say too young for medication.

Yuet sim, last time I asked, she said if few days once it's ok. Then I din try to give both breasts. I only tried last two days and she merlion. Dunno if cos she's not well or too full like what tangerine said. Now going to just offer one side. Got to accept mine's small eater.

Mummies, do ur bb puke slimy, like phlegmy stuff out sometimes? Mine can just puke a mouthful, slimy but no milk trace.

Ejunko, 6kg not bad mah. Don't know whether mine has even hit 5kg yet! Aiyoh, why u keep saying u hippo?[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] ur pregnancy pic look great mah! With the housework and taking care of baby, will lose weight one. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Yoyosan, mine sometimes will spit up some phlegmy slightly yellowish stuff. About a mouthful. I think it's milk mix with phlegm.

Jas, maybe cloth tastes better than hand! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Yoyosan, do u have a lot of milk like SQin's friend who can pump out 400ml? If can pump out more than 180 or 200ml, baby may even have difficulty finishing one side.

Yi chin, bo la. Dun have so much. I tried pumping out after 10 hours of unlatched side, only 150ml. Where to get so much like Sqin fren. I think most of you more milk than me cos I cant afford time to pump out after every feed. So now she feeds lesser, milk also decrease.

Jas: I brought bb to gp. Gave eye drops and nose drop, some decongestant thingy. Sigh. With two kids at home, the virus is passing from big to small. See the small one put medicine cry till face red n sweat all over, heart pain. Somemore need to administer 3x a day. Sigh.

My boy din slp well since last nite 2am. Slp a while wake up.. Finally fell asleep now but dunnoe for how long. Seems to poo a lot again and more grouchy! And he doesn't cry for milk today...

Yoyosan, if not over feeding, then may be wind in stomach? When she burp, the milk come out together?

Snowyotaru, no more mittens cos she keeps licking until soaked with saliva. Hands colder with the wet mittens compared to not wearing. But will still put on when going to my mother or MIL house, to prevent them from nagging me about cold hands. Still putting on socks though.

yoyosan: no med, coz baby isn't having flu...his laoniang over-paranoid...sneeze coz booger making him itch only lol...

SQin: How, is your baby sleeping better alr?

Snowyotaru: Yes, coz i damn scared he will poke his eyes, so mittens on when sleeping. Socks only when going out.

Tangerine: LOL thanks thanks!

Yi Chin: Lol photoshop lah, cannot leave fat memories else next time baby grow up he thought i eat a cow during pregnancy lol.

Snowyotaru, I still let her wear both mittens and socks throughout the day. I find her hands n feet cold if din wear. But I realised she tend to clench her fists tightly over mittens everyday.

Yi chin, sometimes the milk comes out when after burping. Sometimes it comes out when she is latching halfway. That's what puzzled me. Latching halfway I see like she choked, bring her up and one sec later throw up. I can't have marathon nursing, need burp after five mins, and stop after 10min. Sigh, dunno how to increase her meat.

Ejunko: ur bb's weight is good ya? Y u say slim. Pd should be fine with it?

My boy stopped wearing mittens, still wearing socks, those w holes. dunno whether to buy cotton socks for

him or not.

Does any if your bb cough? Mine does n I dunno if he is doing for 'fun' or really not well...

Snowyotaru, I still let her wear both mittens and socks throughout the day. I find her hands n feet cold if din wear. But I realised she tend to clench her fists tightly over mittens everyday.

Yi chin, sometimes the milk comes out when after burping. Sometimes it comes out when she is latching halfway. That's what puzzled me. Latching halfway I see like she choked, bring her up and one sec later throw up. I can't have marathon nursing, need burp after five mins, and stop after 10min. Sigh, dunno how to increase her meat.

Ejunko: ur bb's weight is good ya? Y u say slim. Pd should be fine with it?

My gal is only 5.5kg at 12 wk, but I m happy with it as she is growing along the 50 percentile,and she has double her birth wt.

I have removed her mitten but sock still on at anytime cos Bb sole are very sensitive so I just protect so that she doesn't get cold easily.

Been bringing her out to shopping mall since she is 1.5month, (touch wood) she is ok. But I will wear long sleeve for her when ever out from house even go to clinic for injection. No a/c for her day and night.

girltradester - my bb does that too sometime, cos our reaction change when we see her coughing. Or is it she practising how to talk I dont knw. But you can actually look for more sign like whether any phlegm? Sneeze? fever? If just cough cough few time in the day, should be oklah.

Yoyosan - wat is the position you use to latch your bb? Cos at the opening of our stomach there is a valve like thing to keep food inside our stomach, but bb one is not strong enough yet. That explain why they cant take too much milk and also if we lay them flat straight also the milk will flow out even after bb burp. So what I would do is let her lay on our pillow about 45 degree for abt 10-15 min before put her back to her cot. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I actually on and off will give my gals some Po Ying Tan from Yu Yan Sang. Quite good for night cry, phlegm, vomitting. I will gv 1/3 bottle once a week if no problem. Better then keep bringing to see PD, too much medication is not good for bb too. Like those nose spray, very painful to bb and mummy. Not easy to aim at the nose when bb keep turning their head to avoid us. Spray already then they turn, is like a water fountain spray all around, sometime got to the eyes also. So messy.

Ejunko - I have ordered the swimming pool. Has arrived, is next to me now. WIll need to explore how to assemble it, will let bb try later in the afternoon as a bit cold nw. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Nov mummy, I am using nursing pillow while latching. She burps and sometime straight away will throw out while in sitting position even. Usually I carry her upright after drinking.

U have more than one child too? I m also giving my elder gal bo ying compound by eys, but still see doc quite frequently. Lol. How often u give ur children? U give ur bb too? How much each time? Have yet to see effect though they say it's more to tiao for long term than short term effect, as with all chinese medicine.

Any mummies with frequent blocked milk duct? Can see white spot on the nipple also. How u get the milk flowing if ur bb doesnt latch, or latch not much? I find I kerp getting occurence of milk duct blockage.

yoyosan: not much problem with blocked ducts as I think my supply is not a lot and my boy feeds quite effectively. Sometimes still need to supplement with FM after latching as he fusses.

My boy also stopped wearing mittens and I only put on socks when going out to air-cond places. He happily sucks his thumb and 2nd finger for comfort even after a full feed. It'll be good to have baby without mittens for some part of the day so they can explore using their fingers.

Nov mummy: hope u have great fun with the pool

Tangerine: has yr baby gone pass the growth spurt? Mine seems to be back to usual feed interval after a few days of ravenous feeding

Yuet Sim: he's now eating at 2-3hr intervals. About 10-11 feeds in a day. Previously he was on 7-8 feeds per day. Also wakes up sooner for feed at night. So guess he's not over it yet. How many days did yours last?

tangerine, wah, 10-11 feeds a day, so tiring. Thought we have already gone pass that stage after baby is 1 month old!

yoyosan, burping every 5 min also very tiring!

I got blocked duct once, I massaged and got baby to latch more on that side. How about heat pack, massage then pump?

Nov mummy, how's the pool? put baby swimming photos on fb! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

tangerine: about 3 - 4 days. But I don't do 100% BM so maximum 8 feeds during growth spurt with more FM supplement almost every feed, now back to 7 feeds and still supplementing with FM but not every feed.

Hang in there, hope his growth spurt will be over soon.

Yuet sim, bb fusses can't it be he wan hug or sleep? Y I ask cos u n tangerine say bb fuss after latching, so supp. My bb sometimes also fuss but I just carry or play then she forgets. So just wondering if I short changing her milk.

Btw how's ur cio working out these few days?[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Yi chin, burp every 5 min is ok as long it all stays in. I got so phobia of the last few times merlion, I din dare let her latch long liao. And cos she also not well, her urine is little n yellowish.

Yoyosan: when I do supplement, it's only the feed before he sleeps at night. During daytime, to determine if he's really hungry or just fussy, I do the "go out test". Just carry him downstairs and walk ard. He'll stop fussing and fall asleep pretty soon. If he still fusses and builds into real crying, means he's hungry.

yoyosan: Why dont give bottle? The thing with latch on, is that you cant tell the amount and you cant tell the speed. How about let him try 1 feed with bottle and see if its ok?

Use this formula to calculate how much to feed:

(weight x 150 / no. of feed per day)

and see if baby will still reflux or not. Also watch the speed, if baby finish drinking within 20mins, its a lil too fast. Try burping when reaches 70ml?

Hope your bb feeling better soon!

Christine: REALLY? Show us the pics! Its so hot now, can swim le~ try try!

Sorry, can't post photo as I am alone at home and first time trying can't jaga so many things. But she really enjoyed it. So funny, I washed her face and hair as per normal. Then I put on the tub around her neck. Think I kiasi blow too tight, a bit difficult to put on then finally when I put her in the water, her facial expression was a bit shock/funny as she never experience this before. Then I start doing the hand and leg movement for her she was so happy and kicking here and there. Wanted to video but dare not leave her alone, so next time will capture and show you all.

ejunko - I got the 75cm one only(my bathroom small), but a lot of water needed lo. I have to keep boiling water x5 pots to get the 36-38 lo. But think you better get the bigger one cos bb can kick. Cos this one when she try to kick then she hit the edge of pool. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

But I think quite worth to buy it as is only $75-$85(included postage) and inside there is a CD to teach you how to do the hand and leg movement for them when inside the water. And how to do massage post swim. Bb very hungry after she play in the water. And she is sleeping Zzzz nw.

Christine: Awww glad your baby likes it! Dont take pics, take vids! Her reactions must be so cute, makes me wanna see how my baby will react! Sound so fun! How long did you let her play inside?

Ok i think i better mai tu liao, i keep saying i wanted to buy but i kept buying something else. -____-"

I go shopping le kthxbai! =D

Now I also hand itchy, want to buy the swimming set also. Cos the price can only go baby spa 3 times.

Nov mummy, do u let ur older kid into the pool after baby, so don't feel "waste water"? Does it take long to inflat the tub? Is the deflated tub bulky? Easy to store?

Yi Chin - think u can let the older kid in too, then later use the water for flushing toilet lo. I didn't let him in this morning as he is in school. Actually is just to inflate the rim of the pool. The whole pool is supported by a few pole that u inserted. In fact I used my mouth to inflate both the pool and the tub. I got from the your baby can swim blog.

Yoyosan, I used to have freq blocked ducts and engorgement. To clear the blocked ducts, use ur fingernails or sterile needle to burst the white spots at ur nipple, then the milk will flow out. Have to massage ur breasts on the hard areas so that the milk will flow when u latch or express. Now my white spots are still there but not blocked cos I burst them already.

Bb poo 5 times yesterday and very unsettled. Wanted to bring to pd but thk I monitor first. Otherwise waste money again... Haha! Today seems ok liao.. *fingers crossed*

Back