(2011/12) Dec 2011

Can ask, any mummies sign up for SBCC (singapore baby and children clinic) vaccination package?

I did, and it seem that nearly every month, starting from 2mos onwards, there is a jab every month. I have to bring mine for pneumoccocus jab when she's 3mos. Anyone going for that? Got any side effect to look out for? thz

Hello...

I'm back to pre preg weight n can wear bk my old clothes le..

Yup I eat a lot more now coz of breastfeeding..

Bunny,

I hv stretch marks too.. To think that I apply stretch marks cream religiously everyday.. Waste my effort.. Wanna wear bk my bikini leh.. But think e stretch marks will scare e fishes away if I go snorkelling.. Hahaa..

Ejunko,

Ya!! Ur pre preg photos very gorgeous! N ur hubby is a muscle muscle man leh.. Hahahaa!

My girl only take 70-80ml loh.. Think it's e least compared to all of u. Waiting for 3rd month review to see if she has put on weight healthily or not..

Yoyosan,

My girl had that pneumo..... jab in her 2nd month.. Side effect is having fever.. But pd said low % will hv fever.. So not to worry.

Me also eating and drinking more. Fighting for tibits with my kids! Kept telling them, mummy making milk, need to eat more, don't finish the potato chips har! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

curry, I'm still doing the bottle feeding training on my baby. 2 bottles per day, rest of the time latch. If she is cooperative, she can take 80ml, if not, only 50 to 60ml. And she can last 3hr with that little amt of milk.

Mine is the tummy, don't dare to wear bikini, only dare to wear tankini.

yes bunny, any particular terms to search for on youtube for the massage?

sent u a friend request, yoyosan.

Oops, should be asking bubbles about the massage, not bunny. :p

I just looked through YouTube. Is it the hand pedalling downwards on baby's tummy or the "I love you - I L U" or the bending knees to touch tummy or the draw an inverted U on baby's tummy method?

Do with baby naked or clothed?

Need to use oil or baby lotion?

Snowyotaru: I wanted a versatile carrier that can be carried since birth, so those 3+months onwards type i didnt consider...

For Manduca, i like that it comes with an infant seat, extensible back panel to support bb's neck or use when bb grow taller, 3-point buckle fastening for more security... plus it can use till 20kg!

Most important is baby likes the ergonomic of the carrier, weight distributed evenly too...yup thats about it. =D

Yi Chin: Agree with Tangerine...you are wayyy to slim already so abit tummy also makes it obvious. I still eat as much leh, no one cares about my belly...coz i look like a ball hahahahah!

Yoyosan: Added you on Fb!

Curry: Lol thanks thanks, we took it ourselves one. If i can photoshop 20kg away...i also can add muscle hahahahhahahahah!

My bb also took pneumo jab at 2mth. Not much side effects except for a low grade fever and some lethargy. Make noise also bo luck like that. But by next day he was ok already.

Stretch marks are genetic. All those creams no use one. At most can moisturise and relieve itching if any. I'm lucky not to get it.

i m oso eating n drinking more.... esp after every pump... i can swallow 1 cow, tats how hungry i am!!! i oso realise drinking more water helps in milk supply too! so drink more water before and after every pump! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I am also trying hard to lose weight.... But i guess feeding baby EBM helps in a certain way, and at least when i take chocolates now, i dun put on weight so quickly! Hahaha! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Certain jeans i can wear back, depends on the cutting, but most of my tee shirts, a bit squeezy wahahahah! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mommies, here is the link for the baby massage.... very similar to what I am doing for my girl....

*Rem: STOP when baby is crying... and to do it before feed. If it has to be after feed, wait an hour later.*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vseuKsNGmXs&feature=related

ejunko: It aches more than hurts now..My friend said maybe because i havent been using that muscle, so it aches when i stand for a while..I will check with my gynae when i return for followup check up next week. I think my body is spoilt after having this baby. Beside the aching wound, i also have pain in my wrist-thumb on both hands! *sad*

curry: you have been exercising right..before i gave birth i thought i would exercise to lose the weight, but... =P

And my boy also takes 70-80ml per feed in the day only. But sometimes can siao siao take more than 100ml.

typically its the " I ♥U " method....

from baby chin, i use both my hands to write " I " all the way down to below the belly button, i do it about 10 times.

then from baby chest bone, starting from the center, i use both hands to draw the " ♥ " shape... do about 10 times too....

and the " U " shape is inverted U.... from bottom left to bottom right, going above her belly button area.

another additional step i took was to massage her calf area (hope i got it right), basically its at the back of her leg, below the knee cap and above her ankle. Jus use your fingertip to massage in a downward motion.

Last is the back. From top to bottom, I jus write an " I ".

girltradester:

same same, my left thumb like kena sprained.. the pain until now... sob sob.. i bought a wrist guard for my left hand.. tink i exert sala strength when carry baby... so now my left wrist like gone liao... haiz..... when hubby at hm i ask him to carry the baby to me....

dear mommies, i use massage oil on baby when doing the massage. Its call Telon Oil i bought from my breast massage lady.... But u can use any type of baby oil as well. Good luck! Hope all babies sleep well after massage!

girltradester: aiyo rest well, sometimes if can, let hubby handle while you take a short break. Go for a massage or something.

bubbles: Thanks for the link! Oh they say if you wanna lose weight fast hor, dun drink alot of water during bf-ing.

Anyway, i read that vitamins C and vitamin E helps to prevent stretchmarks, not sure if it will help to lighten or not. My mom had lots of stretchmarks, i dont. I just eat TONS of fruits during pregnancy. So mamas can try eat more fruits now, good for health anyway!

The wrist pain seems common. I can feel it too, esp when I just wake up in the morning and body hasn't warmed up yet. Must be careful. My cousin had some kind of tendon inflammation and had to go for surgery, apparently from carrying baby too much!

Weight: I haven't regained my pre-preg wt yet, still got another 3-4kg. Can wear back most of my pants/jeans but a bit tight lor. Before giving birth, I said I want to go to the park to jog 2-3 times a wk but now bb 10wks liao but I haven't stepped into the park yet! Haha.

Guess I will try the baby massage, I have the telon oil (given by the jamu massage lady) but havent open and use yet. I scared wind will go into baby's tummy during massage cos nd to take off his clothes.

No wrist problem so far.. Maybe soon when baby gets heavier.

Thx for link, bubbles. Will try out massage.

can use j&j baby oil also. As long something smooth when massage, n suitable for bb's skin should be fine, I guess.

yoyosan:

added u in FB! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

yup, any type of oil is fine for the massage!

sqin:

dun hv to worry abt air getting into baby tummy... u jus have to make sure u expose bb only when u r gg to massage them... so make sure u get ready all ur oil, etc beforehand... i leave my bb's diapers on when i do massage, switch off all fan/aircon (DO NOT attempt baby massage in aircon room or when fan is switch on). Usually start from the back, then the front, and finally cover back with cloths, and do the calf area... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] The telon oil is really good... After i bought it, i hesitated for a while before using it, hahahahaha...... cos my mum still applying ruyi oil on my bb.....

ejunko:

cannot drink a lot of water if wanna lose weight fast???!!! oops..... die then... cos i have been water parading like nobody's business... hahahahaha... cos i was simply too thirsty especially after i pump...... i tink never mind la.... i can slowly lose weight.. at most wear more baggy clothes... wahahaha... baby more important now...;p

i have been using bio oil from watsons on my belly and thigh area during my late second trimester onwards... before tat was using Avent Stretch Marks Cream (a gift)... i mus say bio oil is good... no stretch marks at all... actually now i also feel like reapplying it again.... but too lazy to do so.. wahahaha...

yichin:

imo, i tink oil is better for bb massage... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

mommies...

anyone hear tat when bb turn 3/6/9/12 mths, they will hv funny pattern? mine was almost on a caffeine high last nite... keep waking up and eyes big big refuse to fall back asleep.... i tot she was hungry, kip latching her... until i super duper tired... but then it seems not the case.. wonder wats wrong... hope its a one-off case.... my bb turns 3 mths today.... really pray hard tonite will b back to normal!

3rd mth also will have growth spurt.

my bb 1st drastic pattern change during 1 mth+.

she gg to be 3rd mth in a week time. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

so fast time flies! abit regret dint really spend time with her in her 1st mth.

Bubbles: Ya thats what i heard, something about getting rid of water retention, wont affect our supply unless we are totally dehydrated lah. But i also cannot dun drink...imma thirsty hippo! *bloop bloop*

Any mummies schedule same as mine?

Eat: 7am, Sleep: 8am

Eat: 10am Sleep: 11am

Eat: 1pm, Sleep: 2pm

Eat: 4pm, Sleep: 5pm

Eat: 7pm, Sleep: 8pm

Eat: 10pm Sleep: 11pm

Eat: 4am/5am Sleep: within 1/2hr.

Sometimes baby sleep for 90mins+/- will wake up, not always 2hrs sleep. Then i will play till its time to feed.

The qns is, when do we change to 4hrly feed?

wah! most of the mummy almost back to pre-preg weight liao... me still 8kg to go... put on total 20kg in my whole pregnancy so i think is impossible to return my pre-preg weight le... :-(

wonderland! same! i also gained 20kg! ate too much during pregnancy - sigh the good old days.

can lah, just exercise. give ourselves a couple of months. =)

Ejunko: Wah your bb schedule like clockwork! Mine still has no schedule. I'm still at his beck and call. My royal highness wants milk I give milk; he doesn't want to sleep I've to entertain him; he doesn't want his cot I've to carry him to sleep.

I put on about 18kg. The first 10 came off within a week, then slowly a few more kg in the first few weeks. Now it's been stagnant for quite a while. Think prob my boobs alone are holding on to a kg or 2! I miss my old boobies. Just have to keep on exercising I guess.

My baby's schedule also not that standard leh. Sometimes can cat nap for 30min in the day, then want to wake up and play or be carried. If not can sleep whole afternoon till evening time, only waking up to feed.

bubbles, tried the tummy massage just before bathing her last night. Baby slept from 11pm to 4am, then from 4.30am to 7am, which is quite good for her record. But she didn't pass gas after the massage, only pass gas when she wakes up at 7am this morning. Will try the massage at every bathtime. As I put the ruyi oil on her tummy after bath, that's why doing the massage before bath.

Happy 3 months! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] can baby hold up head quite well now?

For mummies with wrist pain, u can get the wrist guard from pharmacy. Helps to support your wrist joint and allow the muscles to rest. If don't take care now, later baby grow bigger and heavier, may become more painful.

Tangerine: How you shake off your weight so fast sia? First week im still "5months" preg hahaha. And yes i miss my old boobies too. =(

Yichin: I use the ruyi oil for the tummy massage after bath leh...oh no can we do that? Baby looks happy at the heat leh, also let out alot of wind everytime we lift his legs...

Ejunko, Cos I usually put 2 drops on my palm, rub palms together before putting on baby's tummy. Like that, not much left for massage leh. How much u put? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Why u all miss ur old boobs? Now with milk, boobs bigger mah, got cleavage. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Later no more milk, boobs will become smaller leh.

Ejunko: I also dunno. My tummy shrank quite fast that time. Even my gynae was surprised. Maybe it helped that I was working out throughout my pregnancy!

Yi chin: I prefer smaller boobs. Now I run with these boobs can feel the burden! Oh your girl can hold her head up already! Mine still needs support.

Tangerine, oh, then u need bra with good support. Hard to run if breasts are full of milk! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] but breasts will become smaller than pre-pregnancy after we stop breast feeding.

She only held her head up for a while, like 1min, after that become y y again.

mummies with wrist pain: I've the same problem with my right hand. Saw GP, he couldn't give any medication except painkillers. He advised to reduce movement that aggravates pain, mostly turning movements at wrist e.g. hurts when opening bottles or wringing a cloth. Also to buy a wrist brace to restrict movement of wrist, which I couldn't find at guardian, they only sell wrist support (which doesn't help restrict movement of wrist much) but I bought and wear when carrying baby as I couldn't find wrist brace yet. Also applying Voltaren gel helps reduce inflammation.

If you have help with baby, then get others to help carry till yr wrist recovers. Have other mummies told me it took their wrist a year to recover.

wrist pain could it also be due to massaging of breasts when u trying to pump out milk? yest i was trying to clear a blocked duct, after massaging while pumping, realised that my wrist hurts, due to pushing and pushing and squeezing the boobs while trying to get the milk out. if that's the case for some of u, then got to relax while pumping also.

Yi Chin: wanted to ask you, how IFC solve ur 2nd gal's sarong craving during nap? U mentioned u wean her off at 8 mths, but sent to IFC after 3mths? then her afternoon naps at IFC before you wean off, how the teachers make her nap without sarong or carrying?

Poseidon: from what i read, and also judging from my chunky bunny boy, I don't think running (or exercising for that matter) decreases milk supply! Afterall we don't train hardcore like full time athletes.

YOZ hows everybody's weekend?

Yi Chin: I also put 2drops on palm and rub till hot before massage. But duno leh, find it oily enough for the belly...maybe my drops bigger than yours lah lol

Check with mummies, how often you sterilize pacifiers ah?

yoyosan: u r right, manual pump also contribute to wrist pain.

ejunko: must say, u have a good baby, nice routine u have there. hope he transitions smoothly to 4 hrly, I'm also not sure how it will work out. This few days my baby's routine a bit off, feeding earlier than usual 3hrs, wondering whether he is having a growth spurt...

Yuet sim: mine too! Past 2 days my bb's been eating more frequently and longer. Last night I had a nursing marathon of 2hrs, then still had to top up with 60ml of fm. The good thing is he slept from 1045pm to 5am after that. Just now he sucked for almost an hr, then 30min later began fussing again. Had to bring him outside and now he's sleeping in my sling. Hope I can stretch to at least 3hr before the next feed. My boy turns 3 mth today. Maybe it is the infamous 3mth growth spurt!

Yoyosan: my boy very easy to tell when he wants milk one, cos he seldom cries for anything else. Esp at night, if he cannot go to sleep after I nurse him and starts kicking and fussing when we put him in his cot, means needs more milk. If he's full and satisfied, he can go to sleep on his own even if he's still wide awake when we put him down.

Yoyosan, at IFC, the teacher will swaddle the babies with a big blanket, provided by parents. Then they will put baby on the bouncer and rock rock rock to sleep. After the baby slept, then they carry baby to the cot. They only unswaddle baby after the baby wakes up. The IFC air-conditioned, so swaddling is not so hot. I already stopped the swaddling at home since 1 month old.

I get thumb ache from squeezing my breasts during expressing! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Husband on leave today, so we last minute decided to bring baby to baby spa at harbourfront. She swam for about 20min before they took her out. The aunties there quite pushy about getting us to buy the 10 sessions package. Kept saying how good it is, how cheap the package is, got free gift etc. even told us to bring baby back once a week. We paid for that single session and left.

Mothercare sale at harbourfront still on. Very crowded, but no need 1hr to queue for cashier today. Many pregnant mommies in the shop, must walk carefully, scared bump into them.

Happy 3 months, tangerine!

Oh, got 3 months growth spurt? 9 more days to go for mine, hopefully won't get too much frequent waking at night by then!

Ejunko, still unsuccessful in introducing pacifier. Will try whenever baby is inconsolable. So we sterilize after every use, but that is like every once a week!

Yi chin: did your girl like the swim? I was at mothercare on Sunday night. Got to queue to get in! And all the while I was nursing while trying to shop and avoid bumping into people. In the end only bought a set of rompers. The clothes quite messy, and still quite ex even after 50% discount leh. See until tao hin! Maybe I'm just a lousy shopper lah. These days prefer to shop online!

Hi all, just want to share with you what happened last Sat midnight. I was checking on my baby when I saw a tiny insect crawling at the side of the cot. I quickly removed it and decided to check on other areas. To my horror, I saw some more crawling at the bottom of the cot. My hubby n I couldn't figure out what kind of insect it is and it didn't look like bed bugs. In the end, we have decided to throw the 2mths old cot

away as we wanted a peace of mind in case the insects' eggs were hiding somewhere in the wood and might cause problems in the future.

So mummies, be on a lookout always!

Got to be careful of things made of wood.

Ejunko:: I bought the manduca carrier already... Hope my boy will like it since it is not cheap. What colour did u get? Is your baby happy in it?

snowyotaru: Really? How, is it comfy? =D

Mine is the Black Line Radical Red. Yours?

My boy seems happy in it, he better be lah since he is the one who picks it lol. He often doze off when we are shopping, cosy maybe lol. Dont worry, so long as the position is right baby should be happy. But dont use that immediately after meal lol.

Back